"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

The young people might definitely support this film. The adults time has passed. The next generation will have this be their proper introduction to MJ.
100 percent if done right the narrative will be flipped completely from what it is now. look at elvis, he was a LITERAL GROOMER but because of good marketing he's huge again with the kids.

I feel it will end with the This Is It press conference followed by writing telling how he sold out 50 nights, cemented his position as king and then passed away 😔

100 percent if done right the narrative will be flipped completely from what it is now. look at elvis, he was a LITERAL GROOMER but because of good marketing he's huge again with the kids.

Elvis a literal groomer? That's offensive in my opinion and a bit rich coming from an MJ fan. We know Michael was accused on multiple occasions of child molestation.

Elvis has never been known as a groomer apart from the people who said he stole black music.

Child molestation and MJ goes hand in hand unfortunately and he is very much know as having these accusations against him.

I love both artists tremendously but it's not fair to say that about Elvis.

Elvis a literal groomer? That's offensive in my opinion and a bit rich coming from an MJ fan. We know Michael was accused on multiple occasions of child molestation.

Elvis has never been known as a groomer apart from the people who said he stole black music.

Child molestation and MJ goes hand in hand unfortunately and he is very much know as having these accusations against him.

I love both artists tremendously but it's not fair to say that about Elvis.
i mean, he literally married priscilla who he was talking to since they were 14, personally i think that equates to grooming.

i mean, he literally married priscilla who he was talking to since they were 14, personally i think that equates to grooming.
He met Priscilla when she was 14 whilst in the army. Like most females she would have been besotted by him.

They didn't marry or become an 'item' until years later when she was 21.

Like I said though, I think your comment is bit unfair or a case of double standards if you wanna call it that.

He met Priscilla when she was 14 whilst in the army. Like most females she would have been besotted by him.

They didn't marry or become an 'item' until years later when she was 21.

Like I said though, I think your comment is bit unfair or a case of double standards if you wanna call it that.
michael didnt go on to marry Macaulay Culkin, did he?

Thankfully not , Elvis didn't settle out of court for 30 million or stand trial in 2005 either did he?
MJ was found not guilty in 2005. Nobody ever even bothered to question Elvis, because they didn't bat an eye at actively endorsing preying on underage women back then. This is a really strange hill for you to die on, maybe stick to hating Best of Joy.

MJ was found not guilty in 2005. Nobody ever even bothered to question Elvis, because they didn't bat an eye at actively endorsing preying on underage women back then. This is a really strange hill for you to die on, maybe stick to hating Best of Joy.
This is a really strange hill for you to die on?

Get the f outta here, what a 🤡 you are.

It was 'smart guy' earlier and now this. If you have a problem you can speak to me via pm.

Don't ever disrespect me again like that.

Yeah whatever.

I have no problem with another person not agreeing with my views. We're all entitled to our opinions.

However, using 'smart guy' and 'die on a hill' is unacceptable behaviour towards another poster. That is disrespectful and should be picked up by mods.

Yeah whatever.

I have no problem with another person not agreeing with my views. We're all entitled to our opinions.

However, using 'smart guy' and 'die on a hill' is unacceptable behaviour towards another poster. That is disrespectful and should be picked up by mods.
I think you need to educate yourself on the phrase "die on a hill", first of all.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/michael-jackson-biopic-lionsgate-announced-1296360/

It's officially sanctioned by the estate & the Jackson family, and it's going to be co-produced by Graham King (AKA the producer of Bohemian Rhapsody who secured the rights to make an MJ biopic several months ago) and it's gonna be distributed by Lionsgate.

Also, Graham King is a fan who mentions that he's done his own research about the allegations and believes that he was innocent. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Personally, I don't think that a single 2-hour movie is enough to do justice to Michael's career, and I'd rather see the Estate focus on a project that helps vindicate MJ's innocence (e.g. Taj's upcoming Kickstarter documentary series). However, if this movie is done well and is able to improve the general public's perception of Michael in a more positive way, than it's a win-win situation.

What are your thoughts, everyone?
I am really excited for this biopic! Also I am really glad to hear that Graham King thinks that Michael is innocent so he portray the truth of the allegations and hopefully the world won't be so against Michael. Michael did nothing wrong. (if the movie does not show the truth then the Moonwalkers will)

I don't think I need to do anything bro.

Like I said before, don't ever disrespect me again.
If you can't handle mild sarcasm in response to your own abrasive language then that's on you. I will not be cowed by you. I disagreed with your takes but I meant no ill will. Just leave it at that.

I said it before I'll say it again and as many times as I want:

another person acting as someone as unique as Michael Jackson makes me cringe

Better give me a high quality Bad, Victory or even Triumph Tour. It's MJ who I am interested in watching/listening to.

If you can't handle mild sarcasm in response to your own abrasive language then that's on you. I will not be cowed by you. I disagreed with your takes but I meant no ill will. Just leave it at that.
I can handle sarcasm alright but don't appreciate you coming at me the way you did.

I'm also not trying to intimidate you either but will stick up for myself if needed.

Don't poke the bear 😉

I can handle sarcasm alright but don't appreciate you coming at me the way you did.

I'm also not trying to intimidate you either but will stick up for myself if needed.

Don't poke the bear 😉
Well I do apologize for acting as an aggressor. I do tend to do that online, it's a defense mechanism I guess.

Let's not derail the thread any further.

I said it before I'll say it again and as many times as I want:

another person acting as someone as unique as Michael Jackson makes me cringe

Better give me a high quality Bad, Victory or even Triumph Tour. It's MJ who I am interested in watching/listening to.
Well, there's hundreds, maybe thousands of other threads on this site for you to look at. 😅 You don't have to look at this one. I never understand the point of looking at a topic someone is not interested in. Then not just say you don't care about it once, but multiple times. That's just trolling. It's not like they're not going to make whatever it is because you don't like it or release something you do want. That's not how it works.
b0ca05f600170e02bb72292016b626c9dbb163c5.gif

Well, there's hundreds, maybe thousands of other threads on this site for you to look at. 😅 You don't have to look at this one. I never understand the point of looking at a topic someone is not interested in. Then not just say you don't care about it once, but multiple times. That's just trolling. It's not like they're not going to make whatever it is because you don't like it or release something you do want. That's not how it works.
b0ca05f600170e02bb72292016b626c9dbb163c5.gif
Sorry but who asked you?

I will watch this movie. But I really doubt it can convince me.

MJ was so special, exentric, unique, one of a kind... I don't see how anyone could portray that.

Also vitiligo and the changing appearances will be difficult to show.

The accusations from 1993 and onwards was devastating and most have had a huge impact on him personally.

I think the movie will have to focus on a limited period of time or be 10 hours long to get everything in it....

So I am still not very optimistic... No disrespect to Jafaar, he could be a great choise. - But he is not an actor. Quite a difficult person to play in your first movie...

Wondering if they will use any "deep cuts" as soundtrack in the movie or if we will get mostly widely known songs.

Reactions: ssj
Tbh, there are so many classic artists from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, who did some of the most VILE stuff with young, not legal age women, that are being called to account and held accountable now. And also tbh make Elvis look like just an innocent, well intentioned young man. Which, I guess he was, in comparison.

Point is, this biopic could literally spend any amount of time showing how horrible the industry is to young people and strongly paint MJ as what he actually was; wanting to mentor and shield children from harm and abuse. They would definitely rile things up very strongly doing so.

I think they will have to hire a different actor for this midway , as MJ was practically white from 1987 onwards. I not sure how they are going
to touch on the vitiligo subject.

I think they will have to hire a different actor for this midway , as MJ was practically white from 1987 onwards. I not sure how they are going
to touch on the vitiligo subject.
They can also touch on how MJ's grandfather was native american and how his children resemble native Americans more so than "white".

Or at least, that's what I would touch on.

Back