Michael Bearden weighs in on the new Michael songs

qbee

Proud Member
Michael Bearden on the new Michael song (s)
I think he is very wise and this is the BEST answer ever.

“Many people have been asking me about this whole thing for a few days now and very passionately
I might add. Although I was there with MJ during his final days, I can't say for sure if this song is MJ or not.
I do know that MJ always wanted his music represented in the highest light possible. The truth is there is no
way for any of us to know unless we were there when it was created.

I think the higher truth should be: how does the song make you feel when you listen to it? If you feel
love after you listen to it, then there is value to it. If you don't feel love, never listen to it again.

We all miss MJ but we should try to hold dear the principals he tried to portray in his music.
Embrace what is good, embrace love.”

Michael Bearden
SOURCE http://t.co/QSnxowC

Very wise words. And I happen to agree with him.

If a lot of the 'fake song' band wagon read that, understood it and practised the philosophy of not liking-not listening, then there would not be all the arguments and disagreements.

Simple.

If you don't like the song, don't listen to it. But there are those of us who do (like me) and we should be allowed to express this love freely without others spoiling it.

Thank you for sharing :)

No! sorry.

'fake song' band wagon?

Imagine this. sony paid for 7-10 albums (don't remember).

It happens that after the 4th album, no useful material left or can be found. And one of the smart producer, let's call him Cascio (from now on this would be like a brand name for every smartass producer, trying to fool us), decide "well it worked once, it going to work again", and fill the album not with 3 fakes, but with 7 fake songs.
Sony has no control over the production. the estate and sony are not capable to determine, if this really is only Michael Jackson singing. NO THEY CAN'T. And don't belive that forensic analysis crap. they didn't do any.
Even if they do forentic analysis and find out, that there are two singers in the songs, like in case of Breaking news and Monster, they still would go for the MONEY.

that was the whole thing about. to prevent such thing to happen again.

But this is not getting in your head.

You're talking about keeping Michael's legacy alive. that way you are pissing on Michaels legacy, accepting this.

And thats no conspiracy fairy tale. that's going to happen. And tell me, what has this to do with Michael Jackson, then. Not his lyrics and the arrangement of the music has anyway nothing to do with him.

As long the name Michael Jackson is selling, you all will be fine with this, right?

I think the higher truth should be: how does the song make you feel when you listen to it? If you feel
love after you listen to it, then there is value to it. If you don't feel love, never listen to it again.

Great way to put it.

No! sorry.

'fake song' band wagon?

Imagine this. sony paid for 7-10 albums (don't remember).

It happens that after the 4th album, no useful material left or can be found. And one of the smart producer, let's call him Cascio (from now on this would be like a brand name for every smartass producer, trying to fool us), decide "well it worked once, it going to work again", and fill the album not with 3 fakes, but with 7 fake songs.
Sony has no control over the production. the estate and sony are not capable to determine, if this really is only Michael Jackson singing. NO THEY CAN'T. And don't belive that forensic analysis crap. they didn't do any.
Even if they do forentic analysis and find out, that there are two singers in the songs, like in case of Breaking news and Monster, they still would go for the MONEY.

that was the whole thing about. to prevent such thing to happen again.

But this is not getting in your head.

You're talking about keeping Michael's legacy alive. that way you are pissing on Michaels legacy, accepting this.

And thats no conspiracy fairy tale. that's going to happen. And tell me, what has this to do with Michael Jackson, then. Not his lyrics and the arrangement of the music has anyway nothing to do with him.

As long the name Michael Jackson is selling, you all will be fine with this, right?
Great post man, I applaud you for this! You also believe 'Keep Your Head Up' is fake just like 'Breaking News'?

If you feel love after you listen to it, then there is value to it.
Well quite. But Michael Jackson's voice isn't the only one capable of conveying love, is it? Besides I don't think the songs' value is what's being questioned.

So what love are we talking about here? MJ's? In that case no, I don't feel MJ's love on any of the Cascio-produced songs. Yet I feel MOUNTAINS of his love after hearing only 18 seconds of "Much too soon".

I like that Michael Bearden freely admits that he just doesn't know. That's refreshing.

I don't really understand the thing about feeling "love" from the song though. Like Noumene said, Michael Jackson's voice isn't the only one capable of conveying "love." Lots of performers could sing a great song that makes you feel love when you listen to it, but that doesn't mean it belongs on MJ's album.

i like what Bearden said, and i agree, wholeheartedly with it. but i don't think it's Michael.

Last edited:
A very wise and diplomatic answer.

He doesn't know for sure ... So much for highest light representation and love

Last edited:
A very wise and diplomatic answer.

He doesn't know for sure ... So much for highest light representation and love
Time is the best judge

What do you mean 'time is the best judge'? Like we just wait as long as this fakeness is selling (because of Michael's name on it) and then wonder what went wrong? It would be much easier to prevent the ruining from the start. And make it classy. If I was Sony I would release this album only digitally now without those fake song, put out some digital/physical singles and then release the physical album later let's say in February with more new tracks.

It seems like most fans are OK with that, regardless of what is the quality of the work they are trying to sell under his name. Sad.

What do you mean 'time is the best judge'? Like we just wait as long as this fakeness is selling (because of Michael's name on it) and then wonder what went wrong? It would be much easier to prevent the ruining from the start. And make it classy. If I was Sony I would release this album only digitally now without those fake song, put out some digital/physical singles and then release the physical album later let's say in February with more new tracks.

As you can see I had edited before your post.

I was thinking that even it is true what I said, I do not wish it in THIS situation.
And I can assure you we are in the same "camp".

Last edited:
Back