Michael book on the music (as thick as a phonebook!)

BBoiSound

Proud Member
You guys! I just got the new book "MICHAEL JACKSON: FOR THE RECORD 2nd edition" and it's literally as thick and as wide as a phonebook! i am serious! I'm looking at it and it's over every song released and unreleased with info on it and tons of quotes from Michael. You guys, this is the kind of book that needs released and known - a book on the music! It's the greatest reference guide I have ever seen in my life on Michael Jackson. I hope you guys will check it out! I'm serious because there are so many books out on Michael and yet very few cover his MUSIC - this is the most detailed book I have ever seen on Michael - THE ULTIMATE REFERENCE GUIDE on his singles, albums, tour dates, official books, chartography etc.... Check it out! I'm so stoked with how THICK it is! (515 pages all on THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

NOTE: To the mods, I hope it's OK I put this here. I see tons of books talked about in this section. Please leave this here so fans can get to know about this book!

The authors - Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead

you should have saved your time and simply checked out MJJWIKI lol

I really hope those people get their butts handed to them on a platter - you have no idea how hard these authors worked. I hope those who adore Mike will shell out the small fee it cost for this incredible book.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE REALLY INTO THE MUSIC - CHECK THIS BOOK.

Absolutely! (I just got it so I'm hyped up on it!)

Chapter 1 - The Songs
(This chapter has a listing of every song both released, unreleased, special live and rare songs - that are known. Below each song is a mound of information, quotes from michael about the songs, the creating process of the melodies, quotes from others who worked with him, info about the songs etc...)

Chapter 2 - The Albums
(Every album, dating back to the Jackson 5 all the way to CD's released - regular albums, Best Of collections, Greatest Hits, the many compilations etc - all listed with detailed info.)

Chapter 3 - The Films
(Information on every short film Michael did, movies Michael was apart of either by soundtrack or appearance - like Men In Black II for example etc)

Chapter 4 - The Home Videos
(Information on all of Michael's home videos - Making of Thriller, The Legend Continues, etc..)

Chapter 5 - The Concerts
(This section is amazing!!!! For every era, every year Michael toured, back to Motown, a professional listing of dates, locations and more are listed!)

Chapter 6 - The Books
(Every book that has been released officially either by Michael or approved by Michael)

Chapter 7 - Chartography
(Every single released, along with the B sides of 45's singles with where they ranked on the charts)

Chapter 8 - USA Discography
(The songs issued)

Chapter 9 - UK Discography
(The songs issued)

Inside as well you'll find a multitude of scans of ticket stubs, concert ads, magazine covers, 45 sleeve covers, album covers, cd covers, cd single pictures etc...

This book is for real worth it!

I won a signed copy of this from the authors. :D Hasn't arrived yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

I won a signed copy of this from the authors. :D Hasn't arrived yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh, you are going to love it! For real, I'm amazed at so much of this stuff! I don't want to give details (inside the details) away - lol, but for real, FOR THE RECORD is the greatest book on Michael and his music.

So many of these books covering tabloids, unproven facts, private life info that isn't rightfully true etc... It's all trash.

Michael Jackson: For The record 2nd Edition is LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the kind of thing I'd like for sure

where did you find it?

Amazon.com is a great place - type in "Michael Jackson: For The Record 2nd edition"

they have a first edition out that is hardback (a great book!) But the second edition is filled with incredible amazing information, that practically doubles in information wise of the first. (Make sure you get the newest version!)

I really hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions let me know and I'll put you in touch with the authors!

I helped research the book and I can tell you, the authors (Cadman and Halstead) are true fans and have been there since the days of the Jackson 5.

Let me know your thoughts!

Christina

a1-41.jpg

Hmmm I an intrigued.
what does it look like? Is it somewhere on the internet because I think all I am finding is the first edition.

Ok sorry I am slow! :p

Hey Luci! :)

No probs! I just posted the picture in my last post.

Make sure when you go to amazon and type in the Michael Jackson For The record, you also add "2nd edition"

The second version is paperback because since the book is as thick as it is, hardback was too expensive and the authors wanted their fans to be able to have easy access to it.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Hey what's up!

have you been on the-michael-jackson-archives.com

i'm the web designer on there. I saw you won the contest - congrats!!

You sound like you make money out of it, don,t promote it too much lol

Oh, not at all! I just have seen the work that went into this book first hand and I know what it's about, that I want others to feel the excitement that I feel.

For me, Michael has always been the GREATEST - as for all of us! I remember how amazed i was with the first book... I think you'll know what I mean when I say this book is "AMAZING" when you get it... You'll really see what I mean.

Mine arrived this morning and I share the posters sentiments, its simply an incredible book. Full of information, trivia, Tour Dates, DVDs, Offical books. Right now im just staring at the cover, which is very well produced. I have the first edition and was well pleased with it. I have to confess I was sceptical about buying the revised edition as i didn't think there would be much more they could add, boy have they come out trumps. With out a shadow of a doubt im a million per cent sure if you buy it you won't put it down. This is the ultimate Michael Jackson reference guide. This should be next to the This It It DVD release on your shopping list for Christmas.

Thanks for the alert. I can see why you are so excited about it. I'm surprised to know there was a competition as I visit the MJ archives site frequently, though I did have a month's break from it recently. It seems we have to watch things like a hawk constantly or you miss the really good stuff.

I'm really glad I waited to buy this book as I suspected when the first edition came out that they would improve it. I read another book by the writers of this one & it was very strong. I look forward to reading this one!

That's awesome that you're on the-michael-jackson-archives.com site! I'm the Web master on there and it's a joy to put together for Chris (Cadman).

I can't wait to hear your guys reasponses on this book when you get it. You'll understand our reactions once you check it out!

Visual Documentary is an exceedingly well researched book too. These 2 books IMO go well together. One of the writers of FTR helped with research in Grants book. I missed the competition too. it was on cadman-halstead-musicbooks.com not the archives, which as just returned with new updates. I guess they will do another one in the run up to Christmas. Finally its good to have a real book on Michael's career to discuss. I am learning new stuff as I get into it but don't want to spoil people's enjoyment before they get the book.

That's awesome that you're on the-michael-jackson-archives.com site! I'm the Web master on there and it's a joy to put together for Chris (Cadman).

I can't wait to hear your guys reasponses on this book when you get it. You'll understand our reactions once you check it out!

oh well done. This really is one of my favourite sites. I must confess to over indulging a wee bit on there. Please pass on my congratulations I appreciate all your hard efforts.

I will! Have you ever been on The Michael Jackson Vault (mjjvault.us) If not, def. come join us!

I agree, it is awesome to have great books out about Michael - Chris and Craig really laid it down for us didn't they!

I was thumbin' through it last night and for real, I hope people take advantage of this awesome book because fans DESERVE this one.

Back