Michael getting his own statue in Vegas

Who cares if it's another HIStory statue? Diana Walczac did an excellent job sculpting it and Michael deserves to have his statue in Las Vegas. Everything portraying him in a positive light is welcome and appreciated by me at least

Last edited:
Really great !! The statue and structures seem more than three meters high,very visible from all sides i guees (y):clapping:

Cirque Du Soleil vice president talks about the massive success of Michael Jackson ONE

HSV05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the fave on the history album cover. That statue face looks like an impersonator. The face on the album cover looks exactly Michaels mold of his face

Anyone else wanna help me form a heist group and steal it? We can work out a system where we all get it a week each or something. Not sure it will fit in my tiny apartment, but it's worth a try, right?

I'm in. Not sure how we'd sneak it out of Vegas though, let alone the hotel. :cheeky:

Anyone else wanna help me form a heist group and steal it? We can work out a system where we all get it a week each or something. Not sure it will fit in my tiny apartment, but it's worth a try, right?

Great minds thinks alike:clapping:
Robbing that statue was the first thing to come to my mind when I read about that statue. So clad that I'm not the only criminal minded person here:cheeky:
I would join the great heist, but unfortunately the distance between that statue and me is way too far apart:no:
Anyways, I wish you successful heist, and please post photos of traveling MJ statue:D

:giggle:

There is going to be another piece
"Another classic piece of memorabilia, also on loan from the Michael Jackson Estate,will be placed on display in the lobby of The Michael Jackson ONE Theater and the unveiling of this piece will be made by representatives of the Estate during the pre-show meet & greet on Saturday, August 27! Can you guess what this might be? Keep checking back to find out what you’ll see!"

That could be something "pocket" size:D

I'm in Vegas for a con and we went over to Mandalay Bay to check it out. Very nice! And I won $100 on the MJ slot machine.

I'm so jealous:(
Was there anything interesting or new in MJ shop?

Ps, anyone going MJ's birthday celebration?
If yes, can you ask representatives of the Estate can we expect something Thriller related around Halloween, or when we can expect something to be released?

Last edited:
Thank you for posting those! The statue looks soooo good.
For anyone going down for this event, I hope someone can take photos of the new design for the lobby and the other item being donated by the estate.

I tell you though, with him standing there looking so strong and proud, they could forget the hotel room, I'd just sleep on a foamy in front of the statue.

I'm so jealous:(
Was there anything interesting or new in MJ shop?

Ps, anyone going MJ's birthday celebration?
If yes, can you ask representatives of the Estate can we expect something Thriller related around Halloween, or when we can expect something to be released?

Yes, some new items so I gave my winnings right back to the hotel lol. I will more than likely be at the celebration so I'll ask.

Thank you for posting those! The statue looks soooo good.
For anyone going down for this event, I hope someone can take photos of the new design for the lobby and the other item being donated by the estate.

I tell you though, with him standing there looking so strong and proud, they could forget the hotel room, I'd just sleep on a foamy in front of the statue.

It's really quite lovely and a bunch of folks were taking pix and admiring it. I'll take pix of the new additions later this month.

I'm here for the 50th Anniversary Star Trek convention and lured a group of Trekkers over to MB on the pretext of dinner lol. But even they ended up impressed by it.

The statue looks really nice, I love it! You can appreciate better Michael's face features since it's not that tall. Thank you for sharing your pics krikzil, I'm so jealous too!

Meh...never cared for the statue...very narcissistic and I think the whole promotion including the drag down the Thames failed to be quite honest.

Meh...never cared for the statue...very narcissistic and I think the whole promotion including the drag down the Thames failed to be quite honest.

I love the statues, they're fit for an entertainer as big as Michael.
Additionally, Michael wasn't narcissistic at all, in fact he was actually very humble and down to earth, and IMO he MORE then deserved to flaunt his success and King of Pop status from time to time considering all of the bulls*** he went through.
It's also funny that you think the promotion failed when HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I is the the best selling double album of all time.

Last edited:

"Failed"? Really?

I can only go by UK charts but, has a more expensive album ever stormed to #1 in it's first week?

And that's ignoring the fact that MJ had been crucified, by all and sundry, only a year or so before.

Nah. Failed my arse. This was MJ giving the bird to the world's media saying, " You thought you could destroy me!? Well here I am, bigger and better than ever!!"

I'm sorry it upset some of the more 'delicate' fans, but MJ needed to come out fighting!

^^I agree. I loved (still do) the idea as it was big, bold and in you face announcement from Michael that he has arrived.

"Failed"? Really?

I can only go by UK charts but, has a more expensive album ever stormed to #1 in it's first week?

And that's ignoring the fact that MJ had been crucified, by all and sundry, only a year or so before.

Nah. Failed my arse. This was MJ giving the bird to the world's media saying, " You thought you could destroy me!? Well here I am, bigger and better than ever!!"

I'm sorry it upset some of the more 'delicate' fans, but MJ needed to come out fighting!
I agree. We didn't have it here in the US, but I certainly appreciated the "take that" aspect of it.

The whole promotion statue, teaser, Thames and all was a giant **** you to the media, Sneddon and Evan Chandler in case you missed that.
MJ was not narcissistic he knew full well that the whole thing was over the top and that's the way he wanted it and it worked
splendidly . HIStory was a blockbuster album and the HIStory tour was bigger than the Bad tour even without a single concert
in the continental US.

But I don't like the statue simply because it does not look like MJ.
I never saw an MJ statue which could get his face right.

I suppose 98% tickets sold/of availability, that marketing trick worked.

Statues rarely looks 100% of original, given the material used for making them is difficult to mold exact features, so I don't really get stuck on the little differences.

@Barbee
Wiki says there was a one statue placed atop of Tower Records in LA?

Hardly failed, people still reference it today. If you get people talking about your marketing, and people remember it 20+ years later - it's a roaring success.

@Barbee
Wiki says there was a one statue placed atop of Tower Records in LA?

The Tower Records art department created a display - as they did for many big albums. Here's a picture of the famous Tower on Sunset...unsure who was responsible for the statue itself...
TowerRecords10300.jpg

^^I remember seeing this picture. I meant floating down rivers or the Hudson etc.
We had a gigantic Tower records here too but I don't remember a display.

I do remember seeing the History teaser at the movie theatre and smirking in delight.

I do remember seeing the History teaser at the movie theatre and smirking in delight.

I would have loved to have seen that!

I wonder if it showed in theatres if there's a version with the letterbox frame...
*coughs*BLURAY*coughs*

The Tower Records art department created a display - as they did for many big albums. Here's a picture of the famous Tower on Sunset...unsure who was responsible for the statue itself...
TowerRecords10300.jpg

Wow!!! I love it when movies/artists I love get nice big displays like this :D

Back