Michael Jackson 'Bad' Remix Debuts Courtesy of Pitbull, Afrojack and DJ Buddha

ivy

Proud Member
A brand new remix of Michael Jackson's legendary song "Bad" has emerged courtesy of Dutch EDM DJ Afrojack, rapper Pitbull and DJ Buddha, and The BoomBox has an exclusive first listen. The effort is part of a special 25th anniversary edition of the King of Pop's seventh studio album. Titled Bad 25, the forthcoming LP debuts Sept. 18.

The new "Bad" remix features much more modern rhythms, a speedier beat and a heavier bass line in place of '80s-era synthesizers -- all the handiwork of Afrojack and DJ Buddha. Pitbull also raps brand new verses, calling his version of the song "a toast to the king for life." The track is truly a modern take on Jackson's classic song.

Listen to a 60-Second Clip of Michael Jackson's "Bad" Remix by Afrojack Feat. Pitbull -- DJ Buddha Edit

Click the link to go to the player for the 60 second snippet - http://www.theboombox.com/2012/08/10/michael-jackson-bad-remix-pitbull-afrojack/

----------------------

anyone know how to post the song here?

Erm....I don't know if I love or hate it. Pitbull doesn't sound like.he.belongs in this song.....now Prince....prince fits in well...

I don't really like this. I couldn't even listen the whole 60 seconds.

Last edited:
Ugh. I hate it.. Completely un·nec·es·sar·y to have a rapper on it. Love the other Afrojack remix tho.

Can't say I enjoyed listening to that. Not a fan of Pitbull at all.

:bugeyed - but then again, i've never been a remix fan. No matter what they do, they end up raping the song, imo.
But if this is what it takes to get new fans, then so.... be it :ph34r:

They should have just let DJOxygene8 do all the remixes and watch as this album dominates all the other current day artists' miserable attempts at making "music"

Better than the original Bad song. *MASSIVE SARCASM ALERT*.

Remixes shouldn't be a part of the BAD25 project.? We want demos, not remixes...

I don't have anything against remixes in general, even on MJ releases, as long as they are creative and well made. I dont think this one was either of the two.

It just seems like suck a lazy way to do a remix. "Let's speed up the vocals! That's never been done before! And throw in an famous rapper as well!".

Don't think I'm gonna be listening much to this one.

Its ok I have more faith in Nero's Speed Demon Remix

This is the eternal battle between those who care about MJ getting to other people besides fans and those who don't. The truth is that the original Bad song is never gonna hit a club. But this one can. In fact everything Pitbull does get to the clubs and get massive popular.

I won't compare the remix to the original cause I can't. It's not the idea of the remix. The idea of the remix is to get it to the clubs and to those who likes this kind of music. IMO this is a good choice from the Estate. Reaching out to new fans is one of the goals of the project. DBMA or Al Capone ain't gonna do that. Only 3 remix, maybe that will help.

Fine, remixes, ok, for the new generation, but Pitbull? Hate it.

Well, I don't this kind of remixes with MJ's songs, for me these songs wouldn't need enter in the BAD 25th

^^ Well, yeah, he's popular, but he's really not that great :fear:

^ Why? He's popular. Isn't the idea of the remix to get to a wider audience? Well Pitbull is one of the bests ways, even if we dislike it.

being popular doesnt always = greatness. Justin Bieber is a prime example of that :ph34r:

Doesn't sound very good. Let's hope the full version is at least adventurous.

Some of my favorite remixes from the past:

1. Beat It Moby's sub mix
2. They don't care about us Walk in the park mix
3. Black or white C&c mix

That is how iconic MJ songs should be remixed.

^^ Well, yeah, he's popular, but he's really not that great :fear:

being popular doesnt always = greatness. Justin Bieber is a prime example of that :ph34r:

Exactly. Nowadays it's not neccesary to be great to be successful. I don't want the remix to be a master piece. I want to reach a wide number of non fans and them to like the remix and generate an interest on Michael. And Pitbull is successful in his area. Nobody can ignore that. That's all im saying

Back