Michael Jackson 'Bad' Remix Debuts Courtesy of Pitbull, Afrojack and DJ Buddha

but how will a current sounding remix of one of Michael's classics make people fall in love with the original?

Cant say that I like but it will get club play and bring in the young ones. Its certainly not going to stop me from enjoying
# BAD25 .. Everything in The BAD25 package makes up for a few seond of Pitbull we have to endure - Ill just skip that mix

but how will a current sounding remix of one of Michael's classics make people fall in love with the original?

Well you've got to understand that people who are not familiar with Michael Jackson won't wake up one day saying 'I'm gonna listen to the guy Michael Jackson'. And the original songs have no airplay at all. There's not much of a chance he'll go out dancing and the club plays 'Slave to the Rythm'.

But if this remix or any other one gets to the person, it will put Michael Jackson on their map. And then it's up to each one to decide wether to do their homework or not.

Well you've got to understand that people who are not familiar with Michael Jackson won't wake up one day saying 'I'm gonna listen to the guy Michael Jackson'. And the original songs have no airplay at all. There's not much of a chance he'll go out dancing and the club plays 'Slave to the Rythm'.

But if this remix or any other one gets to the person, it will put Michael Jackson on their map. And then it's up to each one to decide wether to do their homework or not.

i suppose.... dunno. I just tend to believe that people become fans because of the original work, and not due to a hip hop remix of the song, produced by some random in-right-now dude. But that's just me. If this brings in new fans, then fine.
I guess im just too old for clubs, hip hop, remixes and such at age 32 :ph34r:
LOL

So is there going to be 2 remixes that sound exactly the same on the CD? With the exception that one of them features Pitbull?

My ears didn't bleed but I'm not a fan or remixes, although it could've been bearable without Pitbull's rap..that's for sure.

Exactly. Nowadays it's not neccesary to be great to be successful. I don't want the remix to be a master piece. I want to reach a wide number of non fans and them to like the remix and generate an interest on Michael. And Pitbull is successful in his area. Nobody can ignore that. That's all im saying

Well, the majority of young people (myself included and many people I know and that like MJ's music for his genius alone) dislike Pitbull a great deal. He's the target of many jokes these days, and I don't know why he was "the best" choice for this. Honestly another rapper could've done, maybe Jay-Z. Then again, not into today's music myself, but Pitbull is kind of a joke.

This is a pretty lazyily-done mix...It's just the Afrojack mix with Pitbull rapping in it....

Well, the majority of young people (myself included and many people I know and that like MJ's music for his genius alone) dislike Pitbull a great deal. He's the target of many jokes these days, and I don't know why he was "the best" choice for this. Honestly another rapper could've done, maybe Jay-Z. Then again, not into today's music myself, but Pitbull is kind of a joke.

Well I am right to say it not likely you know world wide mayority of young people. He can be target of jokes cause he's strange but songs he's on, songs with airplay/clubplay.

Well I am right to say it not likely you know world wide mayority of young people. He can be target of jokes cause he's strange but songs he's on, songs with airplay/clubplay.

No of course not, and I never meant to say I know how every young person in the world feels. BUT from what I see online generally and from what people I know personally say, they just don't enjoy songs w/ Pitbull rapping in them.

i suppose.... dunno. I just tend to believe that people become fans because of the original work, and not due to a hip hop remix of the song, produced by some random in-right-now dude. But that's just me. If this brings in new fans, then fine.
I guess im just too old for clubs, hip hop, remixes and such at age 32 :ph34r:

LOL

You have to think beyond yourselves and think what is getting these young kids interested and listening to Michael's music. Unfortunately , music today it seems is all about remixes and , autotune, electronic music. The estate has to be smart and put music out there that will interest this new "clientele". Maybe by listening to this remix, like Applehead mentioned they will then be interested in doing some research on MJ's classic music. It's getting them hooked somehow and what better way than to tempt them with their kind of music whether we like it or not. We all want MJ's legacy for perpetuity and new fans will do just that and if we get them this way, why not?

I absolutely hate it! Besides stealing the name of one of my favorite dog's breeds, he's an outrage and crime againts good music!
07-puke.gif

Last edited:
Well,editing an already made remix by another DJ and add some rap verses is destroying the remix which some fans already don't like!!! simply pitbull voice is odd in this remix...i think if it was there from the start,it would have been better.....sometimes pitbull add some fun to the songs :D but not this time,it is soooo odd

I actually like Pitbull. But I don't like his verse in this song. He doesn't add anything of value to the remix at all, in my opinion. However, if this remix attracts the attention of people who would not otherwise listen to Michael and it is successful in the clubs, then I don't mind. Personally, I would like the Afrojack club remix of the song much better.

Last edited:
Omg. I'm perfecly aware of the fact that contemporary pop 'music' is complete and utter crap with absolutely no artistic value, but I thought it didn't really concern Michael's legacy... If this pathetic remix is supposed to introduce him to the younger generation, it's a damn shame because nobody interested in good music will ever like it, sorry. I'm just so tired of songs with no melodies or very simple ones at best. I'm tired of hearing the same intervals over and over again. It's boring! Why do people choose the rhythm over harmony? And to the MJ Estate: do us a favor and get some real musicians instead of lazy, talentless rapper wannabes, so that we can enjoy quality pieces of art rather than junk such as this remix. I know I'm ranting about nothing important, but I honestly care for Michael and his music, and I'm appalled at all the horrible artistic moves that have been made since his passing.

It's not good IMO. I want something orginal. This sounds like everything out there already. Maybe that is the new sound out there in clubs? If it is what a shame. Oh well I can always skip!

There are many remixes I've heard of MJs music over the yrs and I truly enjoyed them. But, the two Bad ones on BAD 25 just isn't cuttin it for me. So thank god there is only 3 remixes that will be on BAD25 then. I hope the Speed Demon one is far more decent?

I'm looking forward to the Nero remix of Speed Demon. I love them!

oh Lord..THAT is just terrible...nope...not a fan of that at all.

I get what you guys are trying to say with the "these remixes will bring in new fans" argument, but honestly, how many fans did the thriller25 remixes bring in? Im no fan of the thriller25 remixes either, and those were Michael's idea and he OK'd them.
IMO the Spike Lee docuentary, showing TII on tv, playing the crap out of his songs on the radio and such brings in an equal amount of fans, but doing that does not kill MJ's classic songs in the process.

I suppose it is not a bad idea, attracting another kind of audience... but personally I don't feel the thing Pitbull brings matches well with the song/remix.

Garbage. Pointless and a waste of space on disc 2 IMO. The only saving grace is that nobody can blame Michael for this mess. But it still shouldn't be on a Michael Jackson release.

Last edited:
LOL at the reaction here. :doh:

This is why MJ fans are a nightmare for the estate. You guys wouldn't be happy no matter who they put on the track. No matter what the remix sounded like.

LOL at the reaction here. :doh:

This is why MJ fans are a nightmare for the estate. You guys wouldn't be happy no matter who they put on the track. No matter what the remix sounded like.

Not true...I like the Afrojack mix...But just adding in Pitbull to that mix? What's so impressive about that?

I am genuinely looking forward to hear the Speed Demon mix...I love that song...

Back