Michael Jackson 'Bad' Remix Debuts Courtesy of Pitbull, Afrojack and DJ Buddha

I like when pitbull says a toast to the king MJ for life not the king of Pop like some people call him. You can tell pitbull wanted to impress in this song. Bashing Pitbull won't change the reality that he is popular now. Pple have to deal. Its a generational thing ,the older Generation always complain about the music of the new generation

Absolutely nothing will ever rival this remix...

THIS is what they should've done with BAD:

[youtube]Kdy8JbWaE1A[/youtube]

I mean, just listen how smooth and cool it sounds like @0:40 when Mike comes in.

Sadly, today's mainstream music we hear on the radio and TV HAS to have this boring "club beat". No style anymore. No originality. Just same synths, same weird sound effects that sounds like my toilet flushing or robots having sex to create a melody. I really miss the 90s and early 2000s mainstream music. It was so much better.

I agree big time on your comment guys! :thumbs_up:

I simply don't get that excitement on the "club beat", I mean, prioritizing rythm over melody is quite unconceiveable to me and I bet for many more as well!

I got a free download link of the remix yesterday (because we ordered the Bad 25 case?) and it's not half as bad as I had been reading.

It sounds funny ..but i liked it.

I just listened to the full version too. Awesome.
IF this is released as an official single in the UK with promo it could be a hit

This mix was made for non-fans. I think the goal of this (terrible) mix is to attract more young fans and to discover his music made by him, in an original form.

I don't like remixes ever, but I don't think this was made for us and they knew we wouldn't like it (First line: "love it or hate it" LOL) but as a 23 year old who remembers what is played in clubs, this would be perfect for that. And the fact that he calls Michael the king is a good positive thing for the kids to hear before it breaks into Michael singing. Believe it or not, this kinda thing can get kids interested in the original songs or remind them of the song and get them re-interested. If it brings in some new younger generations fans, excellent!

I like when pitbull says a toast to the king MJ for life not the king of Pop like some people call him. You can tell pitbull wanted to impress in this song. Bashing Pitbull won't change the reality that he is popular now. Pple have to deal. Its a generational thing ,the older Generation always complain about the music of the new generation

I've had a look on Twitter at non-MJ fans' reactions to the remix and most of them really don't like Pitbull. Is he popular now? I'd say Akon and Will.I.Am are still more popular now than Pitbull is, and it's been 4 and a half years since they remixed songs for Thriller 25.

the funny part of the remix is the hee-hee at 3:06 (on the dj buddah edit) from there the remix is nice done till 3:38

I've had a look on Twitter at non-MJ fans' reactions to the remix and most of them really don't like Pitbull. Is he popular now? I'd say Akon and Will.I.Am are still more popular now than Pitbull is, and it's been 4 and a half years since they remixed songs for Thriller 25.
Pitbull is really popular in Europe, but most people still thinks he's shit. It's just MTV and the radio who play the shit ouf o him. This goes for Nicki Minaj as well..

To me, it's not about it being Pitbull...It could be anyone, I don't care...The fact is that they just added a rapper in the SAME MIX we've already heard....How is anyone supposed to be impressed with that? lol...It's more like, 'indifferent'...I've said I like the Afrojack mix, I think that's a good club beat song that can pull in some younger fans, no doubt...

However, like I said before, I'm all for remixes, but if they're not gonna put any effort in...Who really cares? lol

Anyone knows if the Pitbull remix is being released to radio stations? People say this Pitbull remix can help bring in younger fans. But, thus far, it seems the only people that talk about this remix or Bad 25 in general are members of this board. If no wide release is planned, then what's the point of this remix? To fill album space?

5CPKgAJTJEGIF1wZTKs2Lw2.jpg

Anyone knows if the Pitbull remix is being released to radio stations? People say this Pitbull remix can help bring in younger fans. But, thus far, it seems the only people that talk about this remix or Bad 25 in general are members of this board. If no wide release is planned, then what's the point of this remix? To fill album space?

It's a good point.
What's the point if it's not going to be promoted as a single?
This remix is not aimed at fans - the estate must know by now that MJ fans are (over)protective of his legacy to the point of hating anything different - and so it must be aimed at the wider world. I'm sure this remix will be sent to radio and clubs (if it hasn't already). From there people will be free to buy it if they want. If enough people buy it it will chart, but sony need to push the single to radio as they do with their current artists, using the usual methods of persuasion to gain radio spins.

This whole notion of it being pushed to radio, being played in clubs, or even becoming a hit seems highly unlikely to me. Almost laughable. It's not exciting enough to get heads turning. The original Afrojack remix might garner some listens and a little bit of attention in some dance circles, but that's really about it I reckon.

The whole idea of Michael Jackson having a major hit single again was pretty much left in ruins when the Estate heralded a somewhat tepid 'This Is It' and followed it with a lukewarm 'Hold My Hand'.

The whole idea of Michael Jackson having a major hit single again was pretty much left in ruins when the Estate heralded a somewhat tepid 'This Is It' and followed it with a lukewarm 'Hold My Hand'.

I agree with this. The estate made a major mistake with This Is It. There was huge potential for them to put out something that had a chance of being a hit. Amazingly youth radio was certainly on MJs side in the UK but they were let down when they premiered the song and it didn't fit their demographic (they weren't allowed to listen to it in advance!).
They never played the track again after the premier and I don't blame them. Even if the Estate had released something like the club mix of Hollywood Tonight they would have stood a chance but they didn't.

Having made a mistake with TII, the Estate thought they were doing good by releasing HMH,which MJ apparently wanted to be the first single off the new album (the MJ Estate were trying to please the fans by doing what MJ wanted). Problem was it wasn't strong enough for a lead single and I'm sure MJ would have eventually realised that.

Now, 3 years after MJs death it's going to be very hard to get an MJ hit. Probably impossible for any track MJ had been working on when he died or any unreleased tracks from his albums. The best way (though still difficult) is to remix one of his biggest hits and that is what the estate are doing with one of the most popular feature artists of the last few years.

No hard Felling, but it's not bad...
Actually I really like MJ original song, Extended song, MJ remix (only part of song in remix)

Back