Michael Jackson drawings

I actually like that idea! Objects and other things that represent Michael symbolizes him. I love the thought of sunflowers and elephants 🥰
Thanks! Do you have any other thoughts? Like other than sunflowers and elephants, any other images come to mind?

Last night I drew a peace dove for my brother for his birthday and I feel like it also reminds me of Michael...

Thanks! Do you have any other thoughts? Like other than sunflowers and elephants, any other images come to mind?

Last night I drew a peace dove for my brother for his birthday and I feel like it also reminds me of Michael...

That is so beautiful! :love:

His favorite number was 7, I believe it was considered lucky to him...red was one of his favorite colors, maybe have some contrasts with red elements, some metallic colors like gold/silver perhaps? He loved Peter Pan, but his favorite was Tinkerbell lol

Lol getting my ideas and thoughts figured out here lol

That is so beautiful! :love:

His favorite number was 7, I believe it was considered lucky to him...red was one of his favorite colors, maybe have some contrasts with red elements, some metallic colors like gold/silver perhaps? He loved Peter Pan, but his favorite was Tinkerbell lol

Lol getting my ideas and thoughts figured out here lol
Thank you so much! I was pretty proud of it. I am very new to pastels, so this has been a fun thing to explore!

These are all great ideas!! Thank you :) I love the idea of incorporating these things in a subtle way. Like, maybe 7 sunflowers, maybe an elephant colored with hues of red and gold? could be really cool!

Thank you so much! I was pretty proud of it. I am very new to pastels, so this has been a fun thing to explore!

These are all great ideas!! Thank you :) I love the idea of incorporating these things in a subtle way. Like, maybe 7 sunflowers, maybe an elephant colored with hues of red and gold? could be really cool!
Pastels are fun to work with!

I love that idea! Now it's having me think of a piece to do!

Pastels are fun to work with!

I love that idea! Now it's having me think of a piece to do!

aww you totally should!! Do you have any ideas?? Part of me still wants to do a portrait, but that's just because I want any excuse I can get to stare in his eyes for hours on end lol.

aww you totally should!! Do you have any ideas?? Part of me still wants to do a portrait, but that's just because I want any excuse I can get to stare in his eyes for hours on end lol.
I love the portrait ideas don’t get me wrong lol, I think doing like a collage mural of things he loved and his mystique is a great idea. I’ve had thoughts of sunflowers, maybe a spin on the mask on the Dangerous album cover! 🤔

I love the portrait ideas don’t get me wrong lol, I think doing like a collage mural of things he loved and his mystique is a great idea. I’ve had thoughts of sunflowers, maybe a spin on the mask on the Dangerous album cover! 🤔
OH yes! I absolutely have a goal of doing the Dangerous cover sometime! I started it once a long time ago and it was really hard (of course). But maybe some elements of it! It's amazing how complex that cover is. It's so gorgeous. I love the idea of some take on it :)

OH yes! I absolutely have a goal of doing the Dangerous cover sometime! I started it once a long time ago and it was really hard (of course). But maybe some elements of it! It's amazing how complex that cover is. It's so gorgeous. I love the idea of some take on it :)
It’s so detailed it’s crazy! But beautiful of course, yeah definitely a fun spin on it in his honor :giggle:

@AChanceToDance hope you don't mind me tagging you here! I mentioned in the chat last week that I was working on another MJ portrait and you said you'd like to see it when it's done :)

I actually finished this a day or so after that but forgot to post it. I basically just do these for me so I don't share them much. I included two photos of it though because I feel like I can't really capture the warmth and brightness of it. The colors in person are really bold and warm, but that's not clear to me in these. Oh well.

Anyway I hope it's obvious which picture this is inspired by! Haha it's not perfect by any means, but I am pretty happy with it (the critical voice in me wants to point out all its flaws but I'm intentionally holding back lol).

@staywild23 Doll these are just gorgeous! 🥰 they really capture the warmth and the details, framing of him!

I know this is randomly off topic but it does relate to any drawings/sketches...I don't know why lately I've been thinking about tattoos...meaningful ones of course lol I just want to doodle something, I have ideas but come up with artist block :ROFLMAO: anywho hopefully I'll post another Michael portrait soon lol

It's been awhile since I've had time to draw any more Michael, but a couple nights ago I managed to. The other drawings I did before were either in graphite or pastel. But this time I did scratchboard. I'm quite new to this, but I LOVED experimenting with it. I'm in love with this Off the Wall era photo of Michael, all in the shadows, and I thought it was a perfect photo to emulate with this medium 😊

It's been awhile since I've had time to draw any more Michael, but a couple nights ago I managed to. The other drawings I did before were either in graphite or pastel. But this time I did scratchboard. I'm quite new to this, but I LOVED experimenting with it. I'm in love with this Off the Wall era photo of Michael, all in the shadows, and I thought it was a perfect photo to emulate with this medium 😊

Wow It's a magic. I love it 😍 😍 😍
I once drew too, and after looking at this, I want to try again

Wow It's a magic. I love it 😍 😍 😍
I once drew too, and after looking at this, I want to try again

Thank you!! I'm so glad you like it 😊

You totally should draw again! I know for awhile @MacMandy90 and I were going back and forth with our MJ portraits. But even if you don't draw MJ, you should start drawing again. It has brought me so much joy this year :)

Thank you!! I'm so glad you like it 😊

You totally should draw again! I know for awhile @MacMandy90 and I were going back and forth with our MJ portraits. But even if you don't draw MJ, you should start drawing again. It has brought me so much joy this year :)
It's very motivating, and Michael brings me a lot of joy every day too, so I think drawing him will also be fun for me. :giggle:

It's very motivating, and Michael brings me a lot of joy every day too, so I think drawing him will also be fun for me. :giggle:
Yessss.... drawing him is wonderful! Honestly, he's like my favorite subject to draw. He's so beautiful, obviously, but there's also such a tremendous aura and spirit the emanates from photos of him. he has such an indescribable essence. Drawing him feels so intimate. Also, because I'm wildly in love with and attracted to him, it's a wonderful excuse to stare at him for hours on end lol.

Yessss.... drawing him is wonderful! Honestly, he's like my favorite subject to draw. He's so beautiful, obviously, but there's also such a tremendous aura and spirit the emanates from photos of him. he has such an indescribable essence. Drawing him feels so intimate. Also, because I'm wildly in love with and attracted to him, it's a wonderful excuse to stare at him for hours on end lol.
Oh I believe every word you say, I feel the same, at least every day in every free minute I hang out on Pinterest on photos of Michael 😄

I wanted to do a different take on an MJ portrait...

Just wanted to bump this one, needed to see it again. I like how it's such a different approach. I don't want to see photos of Michael that don't show his face or his head but, in a drawing, different rules. There is so much going on here. Very eloquent, very emotional.

Just wanted to bump this one, needed to see it again. I like how it's such a different approach. I don't want to see photos of Michael that don't show his face or his head but, in a drawing, different rules. There is so much going on here. Very eloquent, very emotional.
Aww I just saw this! I didn't even realize you had bumped it. I'm so glad you like it. I really loved drawing this one. It felt intimate in a different way than drawing his portraits. There is something so tender to me about drawing certain features of his face. But drawing the creases in the fabric did something to me. I really felt connected during this

Aww I just saw this! I didn't even realize you had bumped it. I'm so glad you like it. I really loved drawing this one. It felt intimate in a different way than drawing his portraits. There is something so tender to me about drawing certain features of his face. But drawing the creases in the fabric did something to me. I really felt connected during this
It really was speaking to me on that day, I got a LOT out of it. There is so much here. The creases in the fabric of his top, as you say. His hand. A hard-working hand. You can see it. But tender - that is definitely the word we want here - and sensitive, also. And then, with his hand over his heart which he did so often.

And so much more. I love it. Also, I think, a really lovely tribute to Michael.

Back