Michael Jackson drawings

The quality of the picture is crappy but I'm not home and that's the only pic of the pic I found in my phone. And it's not a drawing but a painting but I can't be bothered to open a new thread or search for a separate one endlessly.
My 2nd ever painting. Call it oversimplified or sloppy but it is special to me.
You know you're as obsessed as me when you get the idea behind the background choice 🙂
IMG_20230503_211416.jpg

The quality of the picture is crappy but I'm not home and that's the only pic of the pic I found in my phone. And it's not a drawing but a painting but I can't be bothered to open a new thread or search for a separate one endlessly.
You know you're as obsessed as me when you get the idea behind the background choice 🙂
View attachment 2277
oh, I really like this. And I LOVE the background.

I'm not obsessed bc I don't know what the background signifies but I'm OK with that bc I love it for itself. The individual panels but also the combination of panels, all of them together - it works brilliantly. My fave is the harlequin panel.

View attachment 2277

I absolutely love it 😍

oh, I really like this. And I LOVE the background.

I'm not obsessed bc I don't know what the background signifies but I'm OK with that bc I love it for itself. The individual panels but also the combination of panels, all of them together - it works brilliantly. My fave is the harlequin panel.
Thank you!
The panels are patterns from his outfits, 3 of them from the J5 years cause I really wanted to include something from his childhood and late 60s/early 70s to fit the theme of a little project I made. ❤️

Thank you!
The panels are patterns from his outfits, 3 of them from the J5 years cause I really wanted to include something from his childhood and late 60s/early 70s to fit the theme of a little project I made. ❤️
Aha! Could not work it out but love them so much I didn't care. I can see it now! That's really clever, really subtle. Very, very interesting approach to this.

View attachment 2277
That is absolutely beautiful! :love:

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/media/mj-dj-comic-001.1275

returning to my roots in comic-style drawing again...

this is a comic/self-insert i've had in the works (primarily in my head) for over a year now. i call it MJ + DJ, a comic about a young teenaged boy named DJ (me) and a mature era aged Michael, reflected through the real-life parasocial, imaginary relationship i hold with him, who acts as my father figure. we are also best friends.

most of the humor revolves around our large generational differences, with Michael often not understanding modern references, slang, or fashion, and differences in attitudes towards political subjects. plus with our differences in personality, with Michael as the more positive, cheerful and devotedly religious older role model, versus DJ, the more edgy and cynical teenager. However, they also share many similarities, primarily through DJ's love of art and writing.

throughout the series, Michael helps DJ on the path into his journey in life, with DJ being a young autistic and transgender boy trying to understand himself and the world around him. Michael also acts sort of like a conscience for him, keeping him away from bad decisions and helping him to do what is right for him. a common running gag within MJ + DJ are the stories Michael tells DJ about his life and career, which are often highly exaggerated or self-serving for comic effect. DJ is also not hesitant to tease his friend Michael for his quirkiness, choice of words, and stories, but never intentionally insults or belittles him. he teases him just like he teases his other friends. They also share many personal stories and conversations with each other, allowing each of them to reveal their respective struggles and be more vulnerable with each other, with Michael struggling with the price of fame in the spotlight as a huge pop icon and DJ struggling with feeling accepted for his identity, his gender dysphoria, and unrealistic life ambitions.

this comic is very personal and dear to my heart, i do intend to create more.

thoughts?

(also @zinniabooklover found the fanart thread for you (i saw in another thread that you couldn't find it))

Back