Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

Michael Jackson's 'Immortal' Won't Be His Last Album, Says Estate

502536-michael-jackson-617-409.jpg

Michael Jackson's next posthumous album will be released in November and be chocked full of newly discovered outtakes and alternate versions of old hits, Epic Records announced on Monday.

"Immortal" is actually the soundtrack for the new Cirque du Soleil show, "The Immortal World Tour," which debuted on Sunday. The album features an alternative version of the Jackson 5 hit, "ABC," as well as a series of mashups and remixes. His first posthumous album, 2010's "Michael," reached No. 3 on the Billboard 200 in a brief, 3-week stint on the chart.

The new stage show and tour is comprised of more than 60 songs from Jackson's catalog, but the album release will be available as a 15-track album or a deluxe 22-track album that will go on sale Nov. 21.

Billboard.com spoke to Jamie King, the director of the Cirque production, who said "the big, iconic songs are there, with some other songs mixed and matched throughout. There's some younger Michael in there as well, 'Ben,' the Motown stuff...It's a mixed bag of tricks in terms of songs. It's a music-driven show, so we're making sure the music is the narrative that drives us and takes us on the journey."

Jackson had a treasure trove of unreleased material upon his death in 2009. "Immortal" has the full backing of his estate, co-managed by attorney Howard Weitzman, who told us that in addition to the Cirque show, the Jackson estate is contemplating several other projects. The 25th anniversary of the "Bad" album in 2012 may be commemorated with a special package similar to 2008's "Thriller 25," while another set of unreleased material to follow 2010's "Michael" collection is also being considered.

"It's a pretty vibrant estate in the sense that it continues to generate not just catalog opportunities but plenty of other ideas," Weitzman says.

http://www.billboard.com/news/micha...kson-s-immortal-won-t-be-his-1005382752.story

I hope they do well with BAD25! - It needs to be HUGE. With DVD and Blu-Ray releases etc.

One thing about IMMORTAL is on the tour when Thriller was played I heard they used some screams and beats taken from Michael Jackson's song Monster why is it not mentioned on IMMORTAL ?

One thing about IMMORTAL is on the tour when Thriller was played I heard they used some screams and beats taken from Michael Jackson's song Monster why is it not mentioned on IMMORTAL ?

It isn't Michael's song and it has already been stated that there won't be any more Cascio tracks released. The majority of fans don't want them.

It isn't Michael's song and it has already been stated that there won't be any more Cascio tracks released. The majority of fans don't want them.

Do you think that the rap will be removed from the CD because of that, or make it extremely less prominent? Because they even mentioned Somebody's Watching Me, and that's only available for about 5 seconds. Then again, they didn't mention In The Closet as part of the "Gangster Medley".

^^
quoted

The new stage show and tour is comprised of more than 60 songs from Jackson's catalog, but the album release will be available as a 15-track album or a deluxe 22-track album that will go on sale Nov. 21.

I hope they do well with BAD25! - It needs to be HUGE. With DVD and Blu-Ray releases etc.

I thought they were going to do a OFF THE WALL re release? Was that just a rumour? I want it :(

Yes, I was very disappointed when I heard that "Thriller Medley". They promised that they won't be using Cascio songs, but they did. I heard Monster instrumental, some "questionable" screams from the song and a part of 50 cent's rap.. "the king has risen, the king has risen..". I hope that they will completly remove it from Immortal soundtrack.

How about an all Cascio album... The ones who don't want the songs don't have to buy them, and the ones who do want them in their collection can get them! It's supposed to be 12 tracks & that would make a possible follow up to "Invincible".

Don't want a rerelease of the "Bad" album... It is very unlikely it will contain the original album mixes anyway & for the remixed tracks I think the 2001 SE sounds as good as it can.

Honestly, those 12 tracks are - lyrically and composition wise - not worthy to be a follow up to Invincible. Give us some 2003 material and THAT would be a worthy follow-up, as shown by One More Chance and a couple of songs on The Ultimate Collection.

Personally, I hope they release some demos on Bad 25, like Chicago 1945.

I thought they were going to do a OFF THE WALL re release? Was that just a rumour? I want it :(

It wasn't just a rumor. But they decided not to release it now because it is 32 anniversary of the release. They will probably wait few more years with that one.

Honestly, those 12 tracks are - lyrically and composition wise - not worthy to be a follow up to Invincible. Give us some 2003 material and THAT would be a worthy follow-up, as shown by One More Chance and a couple of songs on The Ultimate Collection.

You're so right... Those 12 Cascio tracks can never follow up "Invincible" in no way! Nothing under the name Michael Jackson never can without his blessing. I just thought about it as a solution for all the drama online. Since tre 12 Cascio tracks seems to have been recorded around the same time in 2007 they fit together in a way. If you think it's him or don't, it's another story.

I'm looking forward to this album, But Bad25 is the one I'm really keeping my eye on

I am still hoping for a Bad Tour dvd too. If they do Bad25 then maybe they can use songs that almost made the album. Michael did so many songs for an album. As for a new album of unreleased songs only I don't think the same mistakes will be made like last time. You would hope not.

Yes, I was very disappointed when I heard that "Thriller Medley". They promised that they won't be using Cascio songs, but they did. I heard Monster instrumental, some "questionable" screams from the song and a part of 50 cent's rap.. "the king has risen, the king has risen..". I hope that they will completly remove it from Immortal soundtrack.

I do hope that there wont be any cascio tracks on the album, especially now that i found out it will be released here in australia next month. I wanna get it and im hoping it wont be a dissapointment like the "michael" album

I wish there would be at least one single release from the coming up soundtrack - Immortal.
But we all know that the similar soundtracks, such as Love (Beatles), Viva Elvis, no single released.

YES!!! at the single, strong and epic-word title.

Legend lives on...

They DID NOT USE Cascio tracks...get your facts straight. I watched the show twice already and there is not a snippet of MJ-Cascio track on there. SMDH. Did you even watch the show before writing this?

50-cent recorded his rap after MJ passed, are you questioning whether or not the vocals are his?

Silliness never stops.

They DID NOT USE Cascio tracks...get your facts straight. I watched the show twice already and there is not a snippet of MJ-Cascio track on there. SMDH. Did you even watch the show before writing this?

50-cent recorded his rap after MJ passed, are you questioning whether or not the vocals are his?

Silliness never stops.

No, I did not see the show, but they did use Monster! 50 cent's rap is great but it is part of Cascio song. Listen carefully again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LksXUXSPEY

0:36 - 0:56 You can hear 50 Cent: "the king has risen, the king has risen..". I don't know if there is more before this clip starts. You will know better. During that time you can also hear some "awww" from Monster like in 0:36, 0:42, 0:46 and 0:51 and "ha" at 0:56!

BTW I'm going too see the show and I'll buy the album (both versions).

I know some of us will want to express frustration/joy at them using/not using any opart of a Cascio song. That is fine. Hwever, this thread is not for a debate of whether the Cascio songs are MJ or not. Please don't use this thread for that. Please using the appropriate debate thread.

Thank you.

No, I did not see the show, but they did use Monster! 50 cent's rap is great but it is part of Cascio song. Listen carefully again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LksXUXSPEY

0:36 - 0:56 You can hear 50 Cent: "the king has risen, the king has risen..". I don't know if there is more before this clip starts. You will know better. During that time you can also hear some "awww" from Monster like in 0:36, 0:42, 0:46 and 0:51 and "ha" at 0:56!

BTW I'm going too see the show and I'll buy the album (both versions).

Yeah several snippets of Monster are used there. Both 50's rap and some of the vocals from the song.

Michael Jackson - Immortal [Japan Deluxe Edition]
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EICP-1510
"Original soundtrack of Cirque du Soleil's show "Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL" consists of Jackson's original tracks featuring remix and mash-up treatments. This edition comes with 22 tracks plus Japanese bonus track(s) (subject to change)."

Michael Jackson - Immortal [Japan Regular Edition]
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EICP-1512

what is special about Japaneser edition? why it is more expensive?

Usually the japanese discs sounds better than the UK of US ones... The artwork (Front and back inlays) are printed in a higher quality on better paper. In MJ's case I highly recommend you the original Japan releases of the Quincy Jones trilogy. They sound beautiful. If you wanna save your heard earned money but keep the HQ, listen to the vinyl versions from Europe :)

Back