Michael Jackson in Sunflower Heaven

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been much of a flower person but I'll never look at sunflowers the same way again from now on. :) I hope Michael feels the love from everyone somehow, someway.

It's a little disturbing how TMZ and these other gossip sites almost treat this like a joke with their headlines. How about some respect for the dead? Why can't they report this stuff with respect and not use cutesy jokes and punchlines?

I've never been much of a flower person but I'll never look at sunflowers the same way again from now on. :) I hope Michael feels the love from everyone somehow, someway.

It's a little disturbing how TMZ and these other gossip sites almost treat this like a joke with their headlines. How about some respect for the dead? Why can't they report this stuff with respect and not use cutesy jokes and punchlines?

I know...they're just tasteless. :(

Watching the sunflowers being delivered made my heart hurt...you try and insulate yourself from it as much as possible then see something like that and it just hits you that he's really gone :cry:

Very sweet gesture by Jason

I believe it´s love.
Maybe there will be lot´s of sunflowers in gardens around the world for him.
The birds will enjoy it too.

In Sweden we call them solrosor, if you translate that word it would be sunroses.

What are Michael's favourite flowers?
http://www.michaeljackson.com/nl/node/487214

Most say red roses.

Michael Jackson -- Here Come the Sunflowers

Originally posted May 14th 2010 10:14 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
An impressive pile of sunflowers was just delivered to Michael Jackson's burial site in Glendale -- all thanks to Lisa Marie Presley's plea ... and a very generous donation.

The flowers -- which Lisa said were Michael's favorite -- were just dropped off outside of the singer's mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery by the people from sunflowerguy.com.

We're told there are now around 1,500 sunflowers at the site ... which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend.

Its so funny how fans will hate on those that say anything slightly negative about Michael. But when someone does something nice for MJ they are only faking it or trying to get something else out of it. Let it go, people. Just be happy Michaels grave is beautiful now.

Ya'll need to back off, the level of ridiculousness is beyond ludicrous, I suggest the usual trolls should stay out of this topic .

Tell me about it. Some people are being SOOOO damn ridiculous.

'Sunflower Heaven' and 'Here come the Sunflowers' are not nasty or horrible, and neither is the gesture. Stop trying to turn it into something negative or some conspiracy just because you don't like LMP, that's SO sad and childish.

Michael's grave is now pretty bright and full of sunshine! Be happy :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mjalwaysonmymind
Oh my, can't people just accept the nice jesture and move on. Geesszz:scratch:

Thank you Sunflower guy for leaving 1000's of beautiful flowers for Michael.

This is a positive story for Michael _and SFG deserves the publicity for doing something positive for MJ
nothing wrong with it .. It was a good gesture - I hope Forest Lawn is overwhelmed with flowers for Michael
What a great thing to be publicised - that Michael Jackson receives so many flowers from around the
world that FL can't even contain them ---

I hope Michael recieves MILLIONS of flowers from corporations ,private citizens
and adoring fans and that the story is told all over the world for years and years

:D :clapping:

:wub:

When I visit I'll take lots of flowers :yes:

Jason Levin from sunflowerguy.com tells TMZ he's shipping several thousand sunflowers -- which were Michael's favorite -- to his mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery today.
ROFLMAO! So Jason Levin (sunflowerguy) IS actually related to Harvey Levin at TMZ!! This just gets better and better!!

Sorry, can't find anything saying Harvey and sunflower guy are related. They could be, but Levin is a reasonably common name in U.S. Just asking-

I just got back from FL, I went at lunch time. All the flowers were left near the street. Myself, my friend Kathy, two other fans there, April and Joanne, carried about 3/4 of them up and placed them around the doors.Then a man from FL came and said to leave them at the street --they can't block the doors! Duh! We weren't blocking the doors. Then four men came,two from AP, one video and one still photos. The other two I don't know where they were from. They interviewed April. It was really beautiful all those sunflowers around the doors for Michael!!
The one AP photographer said to watch Yahoo News.

ROFLMAO! So Jason Levin (sunflowerguy) IS actually related to Harvey Levin at TMZ!! This just gets better and better!!

Where did you read that?

Aside from the fact that they share the same last name, how did you come to that conclusion?

I just got back from FL, I went at lunch time. All the flowers were left near the street. Myself, my friend Kathy, two other fans there, April and Joanne, carried about 3/4 of them up and placed them around the doors.Then a man from FL came and said to leave them at the street --they can't block the doors! Duh! We weren't blocking the doors. Then four men came,two from AP, one video and one still photos. The other two I don't know where they were from. They interviewed April. It was really beautiful all those sunflowers around the doors for Michael!!
The one AP photographer said to watch Yahoo News.

I am sure it was a beautiful sight.

Last edited:
I have found that this is not the first nice gesture SunflowerGuy has made.

See this Outreach page 'Spreading Smiles in San Diego'.

http://www.sunflowerguy.com/community_outreach.php

Ongoing outreach -

'Blooms from the heart'

http://bloomsfromtheheart.org/our_partners

SunflowerGuy.com donates the “happiest flower on earth” to Blooms from the Heart who creates arrangements to send a message of caring and compassion to those in need to San Diego area hospitals, senior homes, hospice centers and other facilities where they can be enjoyed.

http://www.ramonagardenclub.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25

'Petals for Patriots'

SunflowerGuy.com is proud to support our troops! We work with Petals for Patriots to provide flowers/bouquets to returning hospitalized and sick veterans.

Scripps Clinics—50,000 stems to patients and staff

The owner decided to donate 50-thousand sunflowers to patients and staff members at nine scripps clinic locations. Patients say the flowers will help with the healing process. "Anytime that you can getanything thats alive and well and cheery it makes you feel better. Its like having a drink of jim beam i dont know if it does you any good but it makes you feel a lot better and thats the same with the flowers." "The sunflower guy" will also be delivering free sunflower bouquets to marines at camp pendleton this weekend.

KUSI News at Ten
www.kusi.com
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100662&key
=q2taCDGDb0Buh35mctvUZeDIr2EI6vKk& email=
kennedy.holly@scrippshealth.org

17 Univision—KBNT
http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=10050
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100663&key
=PowaTvfUnRT14I9CmVKawXEJUM9PN5Qe& email=
kennedy.holly@scrippshealth.org

FOX 5 News at 10pm—KSWB
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100664&key
=qj0z0L3pX32WfDSluasyhEisxxtuYXvQ& email=kennedy.holly
@scrippshealth.org

Subject: Scripps: 02/06/2009: 50- thousand sunflowers
Program: Good Morning San Diego First Ed
February 6, 2009
A vista based company brightened the day of hundreds of patients. The sunflower guy.Com donated more than 10,000 sunflowers today. Ah, that be cheerful. The bouquets were distributed at the 9 scripps coastal medical clinics. The sunflower symbolizes healing and the care that patients receive. >> We want to bring smiles to millions and we would love to see fresh flowers on every table top in the world. Plus we feel that there is a wonderful affiliation with the hospitals. We would like to help people that are not feeling so well. Sunflower guy.Com donates to dozens of charities in schools. Over the next few days the company will be giving flowers to troops at camp pendleton.

BEAUTIFUL :angel:

Last edited:
Well there you go. Now maybe this nonsense about it being for publicity can end now!

Were the sunflowers finally brought inside for Michael? Or were they put back in the street? I hope they put it in...it's for Michael, not the lamp pole down the street.

...also the nonsense suggestion about this being some conspiracy between LMP, TMZ and SunflowerGuy should end..

Believe it or not sometimes nice things happen in the world.

...also the nonsense suggestion about this being some conspiracy between LMP, TMZ and SunflowerGuy should end..

:clapping:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

1,500 sunflowers at the site...which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend.

Which is Sunday, Janet´s Birthday!!

This is beautiful, publicity stunt or not, at least Michael will have his happy flowers for a few days. And I must say it's handy to know where to order sunflowers online for MJ if need be.

These photos are from the AP:

flmjsunflowers1.jpg

flmjsunflowers2.jpg

flmjsunflowers3.jpg

flmjsunflowers4.jpg

flmjsunflowers5.jpg

flmjsunflowers6.jpg

flmjsunflowers7.jpg

:clapping::clapping:

Frankly, whatever the intention, I applaud this man for doing this. I saw those bright beautiful yellow flowers and just smiled. I can just see the smile on MJ's face right now in my head:wub:

BTW....thanks to everyone who are able to visit FL and take flowers or gifts to Mike, thank you all who are able to go for still representing for Mike and the fan base.

So nobody is going to take the flowers inside?

LMP said she went inside and it was empty in their. Thats where the flowers are supposed to be.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back