Michael Jackson - 'Loving You' Next Single Rumors

Making a song a duet (of course with great artists) is not a bad thing or insult to MJ. Release the single and then a week later release remix (a duet version). Katy Perry did it with 5 of her #1 singles (With Kanye West...). Rihanna did it with S&M (adding Britney Spears). It's a normal thing. I'm not saying not release solo version. But both first solo and then remix (duet).

That should have been done with LNFSG, 1 version of the song (Timbaland's) - solo MJ and duet with JT.

I'm ok with releasing LY as a radio single until the next release/video are ready. Just saw this Stromae video on YouTube. It is refreshing to see something different. I am really hoping for a storyline concept for the next single instead of some sort of dance tribute.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=ublchJYzhao

I'm sorry if I missed something, but where is the OFFICIAL info that a second single will be released on 11 August WITH video?

Thanks!

^^ A screenshot of the video was posted from someone on Twitter, i think.

I think Loving You is a beautiful, catchy song. However, I think something more upbeat like Chicago should be released now. Even when Michael was alive and able to promote and do short films, I thought that 3 months was too long between some singles being released. I always wanted people to be hit with new songs like bam, bam, bam, and say "Wow I gotta get that album". When you stretch it out too long people move on to something else. I think Chicago's chorus is perfect for the summer and clubs. "SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T HAVE NO MAN...!"

Yeah 3 full months and 11 days is a lot. But I understand them because LNFSG is still very popular in smaller markets (like Croatia #1 for 4 weeks) and others where it is still in Top 10. But the problem is big markets like US and UK where next week the song will probably be out of Top 40 and by 11.8. it might be out of Top 100.

What happened with planned Jackie Jackson remix?

I think Loving You is a beautiful, catchy song. However, I think something more upbeat like Chicago should be released now. Even when Michael was alive and able to promote and do short films, I thought that 3 months was too long between some singles being released. I always wanted people to be hit with new songs like bam, bam, bam, and say "Wow I gotta get that album". When you stretch it out too long people move on to something else. I think Chicago's chorus is perfect for the summer and clubs. "SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T HAVE NO MAN...!"

I agree with you about the long delay between songs. For his last album, Stromae released the first two songs 1 month apart. Before people could get tired of the first song he hit them over the head with the second one. In the end, both songs dominated the charts for weeks and the album achieved massive sales in France and other French speaking countries within a short period of time. The popularity of these two songs have continued to propel album sales several months later. I know the situation is not exactly the same but I think they need to a bit better prepared in terms of the marketing/ promotion of this album. Although, we don't know for sure, it again seems that their actions of late are more reactive and not part of a larger strategy.

Last edited:
IDK but I think some parts of promotion are better to be taken care of on the go according to the circumstances. IF the plan is to release second single closer to MJ’s birthday it is fine as long as there’ll really be a radio single, hopefully with official lyrics video …

I think it would be nice if Sony/Estate sent out an official message when/if Loving You will be send to radio, so we would know to request it. Maybe they haven't sent it yet? And yes, it would be great if they make a lyric video - that would help with streaming for the charts.

I love that track, personally I dont think any track on the album is bad, I love the album and the production. but when I first listened to the tracks for a few seconds, the one which caught my attention immediately was APWNN, probably because of the similarities with Leave me alone, it just felt like "the right" MJ song :)

I think it would be nice if Sony/Estate sent out an official message when/if Loving You will be send to radio, so we would know to request it. Maybe they haven't sent it yet? And yes, it would be great if they make a lyric video - that would help with streaming for the charts.

Fully agree with your comments. I just posted a letter to the Estate regarding both of the issues you raised in the Mania thread. Hopefully, it will be approved by the mods for sending and will be fully considered by the responsible parties.

So there is physical CD?

ETA: Discogs labels it "promo" but when I read the text on the pic there they label it the second single, so is it a promo single (bridging single) or real single?

R-5855618-1404581729-6122.jpeg

Last edited:
respect77;4027880 said:
So there is physical CD?

ETA: Discogs labels it "promo" but when I read the text on the pic there they label it the second single, so is it a promo single (bridging single) or real single?

This is again only a CD-R and looks very self-made...

The "EPIC" logo on that piece of paper and on the CD-R is not the logo that they currently use. Look on your Xscape CD.

Current Logo:
Epic_Records_2011.svg

And oh, look... the person who added it to the discogs database is also trying to sell a copy of this CD-R for €156.89. :smilerolleyes:

Yeah, but it says "Michael Jackson", in the same writing style as the Xscape-logo.

Yeah, but it says "Michael Jackson", in the same writing style as the Xscape-logo.

See how the big M doesn't really fit to the rest of the font (no slim parts).
I think he copy&pasted all the single letters from the back-sleeve of the CD and added the M, because it wasn't included there.

Last edited:
I wish there would be some official word on Loving You. I understand it's not an official single but a bridging single that is not supposed to get promotion, but that doesn't mean they should keep totally quiet about it even to the fan base. A statement or something would be good. Did they release it to radios already? Are we wasting our time requesting it on radios or not? I can't believe how poor the campaign for this album has become, as good as it started in the first week.

The Promo CDr posted above is what would be released to radio Djs for promotion.
But I have a suspicion that it is fake... Im going to contact MJonline to see.

Electro;4027990 said:
This is again only a CD-R and looks very self-made...

The "EPIC" logo on that piece of paper and on the CD-R is not the logo that they currently use. Look on your Xscape CD.

Current Logo:
Epic_Records_2011.svg

And oh, look... the person who added it to the discogs database is also trying to sell a copy of this CD-R for €156.89. :smilerolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up! People these days and their scams. . . :doh:

MJOnline replied Jul 11 at 5:52 PM

Not legit.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

My message sent
On Jul 11, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Mickie (Qbee) wrote:

Hello Alicia
This CDR promo for "Loving You" has been submitted to discogs by 'rocknsoul' and he is selling it for. $137.06
http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Loving-You/release/5855618

Fans are questioning if it is Legit or fake

I adore Loving You but I gotta say APWNN would be an amazing single; everyone jamming to that would be incredible!

Back