Michael Jackson Musical, "Thriller Live" is set for Broadway

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Musical, "Thriller Live" is set for Broadway
March 24, 2010 01:17 PM EDT (Updated: March 24, 2010 02:04 PM EDT)

THRILLER - LIVE is a spectacular, high-octane concert-style show specially created to celebrate the career of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Established back in 2006, The show moonwalked into London's West End after three acclaimed UK tours and standing ovations across Europe. It is currently playing at the Lyric Theatre, as well as simultaneously touring the UK and Europe with two other first-class productions.

The Musical has been nominated for two 2010 Whatsonstage Theatregoers Awards, including Best New Musical, and Best Choreographer for Gary Lloyd's work. THRILLER - LIVE was originally conceived and created by Executive Director of the show, AdrIan Grant, a long time associate of Michael Jackson, and author of "Michael Jackson - The Visual Documentary."

With a career spanning over three decades, successful in selling hundreds of millions of records worldwide, releasing thirteen #1 singles, receiving every possible honor for his noteworthy contribution to the world of music, Michael Jackson is a musical legend. He won 14 Grammy awards, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame twice, and received The American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award.

It has been proven that Michael Jackson enjoyed an everlasting career success. When Jackson reintroduced ‘Thirller’on its 25th Anniversary with the Thriller 25 album and it became an instant hit, It took no time in becoming #1 on the weekly sales chart in 2008.

Nederlander Presentations; which wants to bring the show to the US, had entered into a deal directly with Jackson before he died last June after the company purchased the video's stage rights in early 2009. The project faced early challenges when John Landis, the director of the Thriller video, sued for money he believed he was owed for his work on the video. That law suit is still pending.

The Nederlander Organization has appealed to the courts to order Jackson's estate to allow the project to move forward and honor the existing contract. If their request is honored, work on the musical could begin as early as 2011, as it was the original date planed for the U.S, before Jackson's Death

To bring to life on stage the sensational dancing and distinctive sound of Jackson's greatest creations, THRILLER - LIVE includes eye-popping multi-media effects and dazzling choreography by the shows award-winning director Gary Lloyd (who has previously worked with artists including Leona Lewis, Will Young, Robbie Williams, and Girls Aloud), plus additional choreography by 5 time MTV award-winning LaVelle Smith Jr. THRILLER - LIVE includes over two-hours of non-stop hit songs delivered by an exceptionally talented cast and live band, including the smash hits: I Want You Back, I'll Be There, Show You The Way To Go, Can You Feel It, Rock With You, She's Out Of My Life, Beat It, Billie Jean, Earth Song, Thriller plus many more!

The production recently celebrated its 1st birthday in the West End with a new updated version featuring 6 new songs, a new opening and extra choreography. For tickets and more information visit www.thrillerlive.com.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978124827

I saw Thriller Live when they performed in Amsterdam and it was so great! People were dancing in the aisles and standing on their chairs. But Heal the World made me cry ( glad it was dark) and miss Michael.

I would recommend this show to anyone! I would go and see it again with the 6 new songs.

Just googled the six new songs and this came up: Jam, This Place Hotel, Another Part of Me, Never Can Say Goodbye and Dancing Machine

http://www.facebook.com/pages/THRILLER-LIVE/9965003220#!/pages/THRILLER-LIVE/9965003220?ref=mf

How awesome. I really wish I could see this if it comes near me. Nothing better than celebrating a true King and legend. That would be so great to see.

Hope they sort out that legal mess with the estate before they arrive, what's a Thriller musical without actual music from Thriller? :(

I have still yet to see Thriller Live, going for my birthday next month. Wanted to see it for ages then after Michael passed I couldn't bring myself to go. Its a natural transgression to bring it to Broadway and I hope it is successful. The West End show has been hugely successful way before Michael passed. He's the king.

this article doesnt say anything about it coming to Broadway...

but id definitely love to see this..

does anyone know how long the show is (as in 2hrs, 3hrs, etc)?

-Dal

ive saw thriller live a number of times in the uk and basically watched it Evolve, its a great show !! would recommend it to anyone :)

I just saw Wicked in San Francisco last night (great show) and its got me wanting to see more great musicals/plays. Would love to see Thriller Live. I think I'm ready to watch and enjoy something like this. When I watched This Is It in theaters, I was so sad and had such a heavy heart. I hope they come to SF eventually.

p.s. Seeing some of the MJ pics in your guys' signatures makes me wanna say "I LOVE MICHAEL!!" haha

Back