Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' KINECT FOOTAGE - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

I'm sorry people, but so many of these moves are NOT MJ moves, and especially not in these songs.

Well I think you're expecting way too much, it's a casual video game, moves need to be simplified so that people can actually do them. Just like games like Guitar Hero only have 4 buttons on the "guitar" as opposed to many many musical notes that can be played on a real instrument. It's just a family fun game that I'm sure will please many people.

I dont want to dampen your hopes for Kinect version but people that have played have said so much of the *delay and lag* im all for ps3 move its going to be wallop the other versions PLUS i can sing to all Michaels hits!!

People that say no body scanning should take a look at Kung FU live! its dioing it!!

Terry

Body tracking is still a problem for both kinect and Move. Don't expect the PS3 version to be much better than the Wii version. Even if it can do 1:1 it's not always the best option to do so.

I know I sounded like a hater before but this is what i've been afraid of. Half-assed attempt to cash in MJ's name. That's classic ubisoft right there.

Oh well, here's hoping they don't screw up the DS version cause as of right now it's the only I'm interested in.

Body tracking is still a problem for both kinect and Move. Don't expect the PS3 version to be much better than the Wii version. Even if it can do 1:1 it's not always the best option to do so.

I know I sounded like a hater before but this is what i've been afraid of. Half-assed attempt to cash in MJ's name. That's classic ubisoft right there.

Oh well, here's hoping they don't screw up the DS version cause as of right now it's the only I'm interested in.

So you have a Street Fighter signature and that makes you the most educated person on a game that hasn't even been released yet?

I've seen Wii gameplay and it's been spot on, I've seen Kinect gameplay and it's been spot on. The Kinect gameplay was even in the most unwanted conditions, a dark room with lots of activity in the foreground.

The PS3 might be the version to have, though we haven't seen Gameplay mechanics yet, I own move and have played Wii. The control accuracy on the Move is incredible and leaps and bounds above what the Wii produces.

Classic Ubisoft eh? The studio behind such polished titles as Armored Core, Assassin's Creed, Prince Of Persia, and the Tom Clancy Series.

They work with existing licenses, and have tons of original IP hits as well. So what exactly are you twisting your panties about?

It does matter to some people including me. It would have been much better if it was the orginal moves only IMO. But it's fine, it's fine.

I saw a full length gameplay video of Smooth Criminal today, the moves weren't any better but the speed and flow was a lot better.

OMG :D

By the way.. I hope the Scream also will appear on the game.. :)

im not feeling the dirty diana :(

UK fans i dont know if this has been posted:

HMV Exclusive Edition includes 'Another Part of Me' - get the full Michael Jackson experience only at HMV.'

I'm sorry people, but so many of these moves are NOT MJ moves, and especially not in these songs.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

Does it matter?, as long a people enjoy the game and it generates new fans

You're right, yes as long as the people are enjoying the game, but don't you find it a bit silly if the game's main idea is to dance like Michael Jackson and the moves aren't even his :scratch: :D

UK fans i dont know if this has been posted:

HMV Exclusive Edition includes 'Another Part of Me' - get the full Michael Jackson experience only at HMV.'

In Canada it's exclusive to Wal-Mart

I thought the game would be way better!! I´m a bit disappointed the dance moves are wrong and way far from being similar to MJ moves i really don´t know if i´m going to buy this :(

So you have a Street Fighter signature and that makes you the most educated person on a game that hasn't even been released yet?

I've seen Wii gameplay and it's been spot on, I've seen Kinect gameplay and it's been spot on. The Kinect gameplay was even in the most unwanted conditions, a dark room with lots of activity in the foreground.

The PS3 might be the version to have, though we haven't seen Gameplay mechanics yet, I own move and have played Wii. The control accuracy on the Move is incredible and leaps and bounds above what the Wii produces.

Classic Ubisoft eh? The studio behind such polished titles as Armored Core, Assassin's Creed, Prince Of Persia, and the Tom Clancy Series.

They work with existing licenses, and have tons of original IP hits as well. So what exactly are you twisting your panties about?
Wow... OK dude here's the deal, I don't like ubisoft's work at all, the last game I truly enjoyed from them was sands of time last generation. And no, even though their games might appeal to a certain crowd they are not polished, not by a mile when compared to game like Metal Gear Solid 4 or Super Mario Galaxy.( IMO!!)

But that's not my point. Ubisoft's work in the casual field has been extremely lackluster. MJ the experience is exactly the same as Just dance for the Wii with MJ skin. There's not much difference. For the kinect version, just compare this with a game called dance central and you'll see the vast difference in quality. We haven't seen the PS3 version, sure, but we can't say whether it will be amazing or not, I'm just putting an assumption.

Finally, when have I ever said anything about me being the most educated person on this game? I'm going by what I see. And i'm not really liking it. The kinect version is not bad, but it could have been much better AT LEAST in the presentation area.

Just Dance for Wii-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=-KC3pHw-btQ&annotation_id=annotation_826522

Dance Central for Kinect-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

In case anyone's interested.

Last edited:

I just dont like the dirty diana
what were they thinking, arrghh

I just dont like the dirty diana
what were they thinking, arrghh

yea everything else seems to be pretty kewl... just "dirty diana" is stickin out like crazy!

just imagine what "the girl is mine" and "earth song" are gonna be like!!!!

-Dal

i hope tdcau is ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope tdcau is ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it will be.. from the little 10 second snippet of it i saw it seemed pretty accurate.. there was even one report saying that it was one of the easiest songs that was tried out..

-Dal

Wow... OK dude here's the deal, I don't like ubisoft's work at all, the last game I truly enjoyed from them was sands of time last generation. And no, even though their games might appeal to a certain crowd they are not polished, not by a mile when compared to game like Metal Gear Solid 4 or Super Mario Galaxy.( IMO!!)

But that's not my point. Ubisoft's work in the casual field has been extremely lackluster. MJ the experience is exactly the same as Just dance for the Wii with MJ skin. There's not much difference. For the kinect version, just compare this with a game called dance central and you'll see the vast difference in quality. We haven't seen the PS3 version, sure, but we can't say whether it will be amazing or not, I'm just putting an assumption.

Finally, when have I ever said anything about me being the most educated person on this game? I'm going by what I see. And i'm not really liking it. The kinect version is not bad, but it could have been much better AT LEAST in the presentation area.

Just Dance for Wii-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=-KC3pHw-btQ&annotation_id=annotation_826522

Dance Central for Kinect-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

In case anyone's interested.

Are you kidding me? Dance Central is the same 3 man dance troupe plastered across different backgrounds.

I agree with you on the presentation, although I really like the style the Wii version has taken, I just wish there was more atmosphere in the Kinect version

Are you kidding me? Dance Central is the same 3 man dance troupe plastered across different backgrounds.

I agree with you on the presentation, although I really like the style the Wii version has taken, I just wish there was more atmosphere in the Kinect version

It looks far more vibrant and alive than the experience, even if it's "just the same 3 men with different backgrounds". The moves also look better though that's not saying much since we all know expert is the only way to go in rhythm games.

I just feel like the games could have been so much more than they are now.

BTW Kinect reviews are in, looks great actually, now for the games!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/04/microsoft-kinect-video-review

Please... just a glimpse of PS3 gameplay?

I keep wondering what the full tracklist is gonna be does anyone know?

nah thats "Ghosts"...

I keep wondering what the full tracklist is gonna be does anyone know?
it hasnt been officially announced yet but i read that "Scream" and "You Rock My World" are also going to be included... im stoked to see what those two are going to look like!

-Dal

Back