Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DS video & TDCAU - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

ALL the moves and sequences look totally wrong on the wii version. i mean, that move in the billie jean chorus with the swining arms...... when did mike EVER do that move??!?!?!?!? i'm just hoping and praying that the kinect version is gonna be as good as it should be, with all the real moves and the routines in the right order, otherwise there will be a LOT of pissed off fans out there!

Hmmm, the famous smooth criminal routine at 0:12 looks a bit... different

Maybe it's easy mode. The way they did it was smart, not everyone is able to pull the famous SC move.

ALL the moves and sequences look totally wrong on the wii version. i mean, that move in the billie jean chorus with the swining arms...... when did mike EVER do that move??!?!?!?!? i'm just hoping and praying that the kinect version is gonna be as good as it should be, with all the real moves and the routines in the right order, otherwise there will be a LOT of pissed off fans out there!

Good thing with the Kinect version your not having to follow set moves, your put into the game, your image, your own clothes, your own body, you can freestyle if you wish!!

I want this so badly!!! This looks so great!

Its looking good, but i'm holding out for the PS move version

Does anyone have any more updates on the tracklist? This tracklist is from the first post in this thread. Have all of these been officially confirmed?

---
-Bad
-Beat It
-Billie Jean
-Earth Song
-The Girl Is Mine
-Who Is It
-Workin' Day And Night
-Thriller
-Smooth Criminal
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Black Or White
-You Rock My World
-Scream
-Man In The Mirror
-You Are Not Alone
---

Now we know that Ghosts will be in the game. Eleonora74 mentioned that Speed Demon and Another Part of Me will be included. Anything else?

I wanna know so badly what scream is gonna look like... Better yet, I'd be happy with just knowing every song that will be in the game!!! Theres supposed to be almost 30!!

-Dal

I'm so excited for this! OMG, I feel like a little kid again; I have no patience! :lol:

Im so lookijng forward to this , im all for ps move version , love to know if this is why Singstar Michael jackson never came out? and will this just keep getting more and more dlc in songs and vids, will be amazing if this can just keep growing, and include new songs as well.

Terry

I wish people would stop slating the Wii version. We should all be grateful that we are even getting the game!

For me, I cannot wait for the Wii game. The game looks fab, and watching the "Ghosts" clip made me scream like a little girl.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLbiPicu0MM

^^Kinect version. Should be noted that the game will not have multiplayer. Instead players will have take turns for the songs (or so i've heard).

I'll update as soon as I can.

that video is waaaay out of sync! but it looks pretty awesome tho!!

-Dal

Looks great, and I was impressed by the Wii version.

Debating on which will be more fun though, I have PS3 Move and have enjoyed it a lot thus far, but Kinect and full body tracking is a must for a Michael Jackson game..wish they hadn't used an umbigous avatar for your character though

=[

New screenshot of Thriller

Thriller_2.jpg.jpg

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' KINECT FOOTAGE - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

Like one of those comments in the previous video, she didn't really move all that much like MJ and the moves were way too long too. We'll see how this turns out. New video...Wii version though. Back when i was alittle boy...like 5 to 10 years old or so, i absolutely loved to dance to Michael Jackson's music, i tried to do all the moves and had such an amazing time. As i got older i quit doing that, i wonder why :(. Who knows...this game on Kinect might bring out the little dancer in me again...if i still can, lmao.

And for with Xbox 360's (like me) , how awesome would it be if they actually bring out MJ clothing when the game comes out next year? For alot of these games like Fable 3, Halo Reach they released clothing for your avatar. I don't like the idea of having to pay for an outfit for my avatar, but i'll make an exception for the king,damn straight.

[youtube]yYvHq4MwshM[/youtube]

Last edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLbiPicu0MM

^^Kinect version. Should be noted that the game will not have multiplayer. Instead players will have take turns for the songs (or so i've heard).

I'll update as soon as I can.

The Kinect version will have up to 4 players, on a jump in jump out basis.

The Kinect version will have up to 4 players, on a jump in jump out basis.

Yeah that's what I meant. But unlike the other versions you can't play with each other simultaneously. Sorry for not being clear on that.

Like one of those comments in the previous video, she didn't really move all that much like MJ and the moves were way too long too. We'll see how this turns out. New video...Wii version though. Back when i was alittle boy...like 5 to 10 years old or so, i absolutely loved to dance to Michael Jackson's music, i tried to do all the moves and had such an amazing time. As i got older i quit doing that, i wonder why :(. Who knows...this game on Kinect might bring out the little dancer in me again...if i still can, lmao.

And for with Xbox 360's (like me) , how awesome would it be if they actually bring out MJ clothing when the game comes out next year? For alot of these games like Fable 3, Halo Reach they released clothing for your avatar. I don't like the idea of having to pay for an outfit for my avatar, but i'll make an exception for the king,damn straight.

[youtube]yYvHq4MwshM[/youtube]
me too!I would Love Mj clothes for my Avatar!!
You have to send me your gamertag via PM:yes:

On Monday, Ubisoft announced that to encourage early purchases online or in stores, it will make available a limited number of a special edition glove reminiscent of Michael Jackson's famous glove for people who buy the Wii game early.

glove_1288632973.jpg

According to IGN "The packed-in glove will only be available at launch in specially marked boxes at no additional cost. "

note: the box will have one glove.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1131449p1.html

SPEED DEMON & DIRTY DIANA HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED AS BEING IN THE GAME!!!

-Dal

Ubisoft Has High Hopes for Michael Jackson Dance Video Game
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ubisoft-has-high-hopes-michael-34097

Offers limited edition glove to help drive early sales of Nov. 23 release.

NEW YORK -- Video game maker Ubisoft is betting that dancing games will be all the rage this holiday season -- thanks in big part to the King of Pop.

The company will bring Michael Jackson The Experience to stores Nov. 23 on Nintendo's Wii for $49.99, as well as to the Nintendo DS and Sony's PSP for $29.99. Additional gaming platforms will follow next year.

On Monday, Ubisoft announced that to encourage early purchases online or in stores, it will make available a limited number of a special edition glove reminiscent of Michael Jackson's famous glove for people who buy the Wii game early. It didn't detail how many gloves it will offer, but said it expects them to sell out fairly quickly.

Ubisoft recently also launched dance game Just Dance 2 in stores after selling more than 4 million copies of Just Dance.

"The dance category will be really strong this year, and we can be a leader," said Tony Key, senior vp of sales and marketing at Ubisoft.

"The games are very accessible and are great group/family/party games. With Michael Jackson, we are looking to take things to another level."

The video game industry has seen sluggish sales most year amid a lack of hit games. Some analysts have also argued that in a weak economy, consumers are more cautious with purchases and buying more used games.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter predicted fewer than 1 million units of the Jackson to be sold by year's end and expressed doubts about the game's ability to draw a major audience.

Key wouldn't predict how many units the game could sell by year's end, but said he would be shocked if it doesn't become a bestseller.

"Very few artists can carry a whole product like this," Key said in signalling that spending an undisclosed amount on working with the Jackson estate and Sony Music for the upcoming game will pay off. "The fascination with Michael Jackson spans generations and demos. And he has always been global."

He said fans may want to get the special edition glove to use as a status symbol for the best player when playing in a group or family setting.

The Ubisoft game wants to enable players to step into the shoes of Michael Jackson and learn his dance moves. The music track list includes such hits as "Thriller," "Beat It," "Bad" and "Billie Jean." Players are also able to sing along.

"With this interactive product, we have the chance to bring Michael, the artist, into households around the world in a perfect match of Michael's artistry and the family entertainment which he always highly valued," said John Branca, co-executor for The Estate of Michael Jackson.

Back