Michael Jackson: The Last Photo Shoot documentary film 2014

I would love to see this one day! Amazing how many crappy documentaries get released on MJ but one that seems to actually be good isn't... A shame really.

You know, sometimes I question the Estate's capability? If they don't start releasing videos such as this soonish, eventually someone is going to leak it for free ... :p

I don't think so. The lawsuit continues.

He just showed it for me on his iPad.

How fortunate for you. I appreciate your confirmation that the film was not offensive to Michael. I never believed it would be. The lawsuit is not about the footage being offensive; some posters spun the documentary in that direction without actually seeing it. The lawsuit is about who controls the footage.

I think all the footage they have of him during the photo shoots is on the trailers and they're just " trailing" us along XD

.............. (Gasp for air) , that feels better.. I knew I shouldn't have held my breath! lol

Is the estate reluctant to release new videos? Are they wanting something else? Whats the deal with this?

Pretty much. The short story is that the Estate doesn't want anything out there that doesn't have their seal of approval on it. In some ways this makes sense to protect copyrights, trademarks, and the overall Michael Jackson brand; however, it means we lose out on a lot of good stuff like this documentary, stuff that the true die-hard fans would love to see. It bothers me that they do this because we are the ones that essentially keep the Estate flush; but that's a whole other story for a whole other day.

Probably difficult to come to an agreement. no doubt theres arguments over who owns what and who gets what money. Who has editing rights etc etc.

Pretty much. The short story is that the Estate doesn't want anything out there that doesn't have their seal of approval on it. In some ways this makes sense to protect copyrights, trademarks, and the overall Michael Jackson brand; however, it means we lose out on a lot of good stuff like this documentary, stuff that the true die-hard fans would love to see. It bothers me that they do this because we are the ones that essentially keep the Estate flush; but that's a whole other story for a whole other day.

I mean no offense. But people need to start to realize that not everything is meant for public consumption. This is the sort of mentality that robbed MJ of every aspect of his private life. fans think they are entitled to all his private moments. not good. not healthy. very creepy.

So I'm very glad it is not released yet. and hope it never gets released out of respect to MJ privacy.

I read that the documentary was releasing in 2015 this year, shame that the specific date has not been given :ermm: I'm still interested to watch it (y)

The director Craig Williams.
He said he bought all the footages the Estate didn't want to buy.

Question please: did you work with Williams for the footage you included in the birthday video?

So I'm very glad it is not released yet. and hope it never gets released out of respect to MJ privacy.

Oh? Footage of photoshoots for two major magazine publications that was utilized in part to promote said publications is not a private matter. Nor was it disrespectful to Michael when that footage was utilized to promoted said publications; it was supportive.

I read that the documentary was releasing in 2015 this year, shame that the specific date has not been given :ermm: I'm still interested to watch it (y)

Based on the status of the lawsuit I would say it's impossible for it to get released in 2015 or even 2016. (unless of course parties magically settle)

The director Craig Williams.
He said he bought all the footages the Estate didn't want to buy.

Personally I would be very careful. Estate has just made their counter claims. It could get really messy.

^^
That the videographer was introduced to MJ through Michael Amir Williams and was employed as a member of MJ's staff / security team.

^^

Look like they are getting ready to claim it was work for hire or in other words Michael (and now Estate) owns the footage and it cannot be sold. It's becoming more than a copyright and/or image/likeliness dispute.

Any news if this will ever get released?

^^

Look like they are getting ready to claim it was work for hire or in other words Michael (and now Estate) owns the footage and it cannot be sold. It's becoming more than a copyright and/or image/likeliness dispute.

I understand. The estate's top priority at the moment is releasing stuff we already bought 10 000 times over.

I wish that this project will see the daylight one day... maybe in 2017 with the new contract ?

yeah what the F is going on with this thing??

Back