Michael Jackson: The Last Photo Shoot documentary film 2014

I would so love to see this footage. Michael was as beautiful as ever. :wub: This needs to be released to the public!

The Last Photo Shoot documentary - update from Attorney on behalf of the owners of footage

Hey all.

Not sure if any similar news has been shared I did not see anything....apologies if there has been.

I was going to put this in the other thread but did not want this news I received to get lost in the mist. As I see that fans have been asking.

After seeing the video trailer I took it upon myself to contact the attorney who is fighting for this to be released, to ask if he can give me any news/update.

This is what he said I can share.

'while we are currently still in court, we expect to be able to release the film in the next 12 months.

RJ'

However he is in high spirits.

Its not much news but it's something. So I guess we just have to wait patiently and hopefully see a release soon.

I just wanted to help us out however I could.

MODS/Gaz: If you need the original emails for verification I will be happy to send those to you, i will ask him first if i can though, but that shouldn't be a problem. PM me.

Last edited:
Re: The Last Photo Shoot documentary - update from Attorney on behalf of the owners of footage

hey that's news.... I'll take it!

Re: The Last Photo Shoot documentary - update from Attorney on behalf of the owners of footage

Thanks a lot for the update! (y)

that's great news!! in the next 12 months?? wow, that's nothing compared to how long we have waited for it so far :)
thanks for taking the time to do this

According to ivys blog the trial over this is expected late 16 early 2017. So its gonna be after that date plus appeal time from whoever loses before theres anything

You're right Elusive!

Great news! Can't wait to see.(y)

Thanks for share this good news.(y)

Looking forward to seeing this if/when it's released. We're not even 2 full months into 2016 and the footage just keeps on coming. Thanks for sharing this news.

I wouldn't treat this as fact. His statement assumes they would win and there will be no appeal. what if they lose and this gets tied in appeals for 1-2 more years?

Plus this doesn't need a separate thread.

I wouldn't treat this as fact. His statement assumes they would win and there will be no appeal. what if they lose and this gets tied in appeals for 1-2 more years?

Plus this doesn't need a separate thread.

Yeah exactly, this was the first thing I thought upon reading his response. Besides, if the case wasn't going in his favour, I doubt he's going to admit that to a random stranger over email. He's a business so it's to be expected that he'd want to paint a good picture for himself and his client, regardless of how the case is actually going.

Personally, I'd rather have the footage in the hands of the MJ Estate (as I would with all footage of him like this). The people who currently own the footage atm can't even put together a decent trailer so that doesn't give me much faith in the feature length documentary.

It doesn't need a separate thread your right. I was hoping someone would move this into here eventually. Thanx.

Yeah we may not have all the facts. TBH I don't really mind if this is released or not, for me I would rather have Michael with us, when I went to the 'from Motown to Off The Wall' in London confirmed to me exactly that, but I was just trying to find out something for everyone on here. Even if its not much, I Wanted to try for us...it'll be lovely to Michael in this type of footage though :yes:

Last edited:
I understand that your intentions are good. It's just that the information you got cannot be considered as definite facts / news.

The footage is the subject of a lawsuit with two sides. Of course the plaintiffs will hope that they will win the lawsuit and release the documentary as soon as possible. However this may or may not be the case. They might lose and then Estate will have control over the release of this footage. They might win but still have to go through an appeal process for 1-2 more years.

So in short, it's too early to accept anything as a definitive fact.

Oh gosh I really do hope that they bring out this photoshoot very soon. All the clips I've been seeing from it have been just amazing! Michael looks so very handsome and happy. I can't wait to see the whole thing :wub:

A little update: Parties are engaged in court ordered settlement talks

^^
Just because they are in court ordered settlement talks doesn't mean that they would settle. So I wouldn't start to celebrate just yet.

Thanks for the update ivy!! :)
I can't wait to see this. :wub:

Ivy if the plaintiffs lose the case and the Estate will have control over the footage do you think the Estate will still go on and release seen it the last Photo Shoot Michael did. It would be nice if the fans can get to see this

The director Craig Williams posted the documentary's poster on FB on August 29:
"Happy Birthday Michael we are almost there few more weeks!"

I guess the settlement is coming between him and the Estate.

The director Craig Williams posted the documentary's poster on FB on August 29:
"Happy Birthday Michael we are almost there few more weeks!"

I guess the settlement is coming between him and the Estate.
EbaEWv3icphQI.gif

Back