Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon by David Gest (merged)

The part bout whitney houston "Whitney was having dinner with Michael at his Neverland home when she accidentally dropped her knife under the table. While Michael was retrieving it for her, Whitney felt her toes being sucked. She moaned, ‘Michael, is that you? Don’t stop. That’s so sensual’. Yet Michael’s head popped up and her toes were still being sucked. It turned out it was Bubbles.”

PULEASSSEEEE as if that happen!!!! :lol: does david really expect ppl to belive that cmon on now! Michael & whitney houston were just friends and i dont think michael ever had those kind of "love" feelings for her and as for bringing poor bubbles into it is just sickening & wrong

Re: The Real Michael Jackson - DVD/Bluray Release

In the Mirror article it says the documentary will premiere in the UK on October 24th. That's not the DVD release date, so is this going to be shown on TV??

I was dubious about this documentary but it could be quite good.

Last edited:

I do want to see it, simply just to hear what's being said about mj. Not to thrilled about Gest tho. I will watch with discretion because I know for a fact some type of garbage would be said/ some of which I'm already reading in the thread. It ill be then that I will do my "fanly" duty and to the best of my knowledge and common sense , weed out the b.s from the truth. Could be good, could be garbage, could be all hype. But there's always that gamble. And for the love of goodness that Whitney Houston bit.......*smh* please!

Mesereau appears in David Gest's upcoming documentary 'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' - which contains interviews with more than 50 of the King of Pop's closest friends and family members - and he speaks in detail about the 2005 trial.

The 61-year-old attorney insists the film, which is being released on DVD on October 31, is a wonderful tribute to Jackson - who died in June 2009.

He said: "It's a beautiful documentary it's very original, it's very sensitive and it has a number of interviews with some of the old Motown greats about what this child prodigy was like. I haven't seen any other documentary that does it as well as David Gest's documentary. It's beautiful, it's sensitive, it's informative and I think everyone should see it."
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar...awyer-backs-murray-prosecution-128887058.html

Hmm... interesting. So, Tom Mesereau gave good feedback. That's encouraging. I see they changed the title to Life of an Icon, a better title in my opinion. I think I'll buy it.

For me, the most important matter is not whether it's "positive" or "negative", it's truthfulness and fairness that matter. If the documentary maker is being objective and not biased, I'm not going to be too concerned. I love Michael so much. But, I have to acknowledge the mistakes he made in his life. He made some bad decisions. He's a human - an extraordinary human being with an innocent heart and unparalleled talents - afterall. The mistakes he made do not take away how great he was. Sometimes, I realize it's important not to view Michael's life through rosy glasses.

Guest was originally doing this doc back in 2003 after lwmj.saw it advertised as in the making on uk t.v. It was been done to combat the negativity of lwmj but was never aired cause of the allegations i presume.

Hmm... interesting. So, Tom Mesereau gave good feedback. That's encouraging. I see they changed the title to Life of an Icon, a better title in my opinion. I think I'll buy it.

For me, the most important matter is not whether it's "positive" or "negative", it's truthfulness and fairness that matter. If the documentary maker is being objective and not biased, I'm not going to be too concerned. I love Michael so much. But, I have to acknowledge the mistakes he made in his life. He made some bad decisions. He's a human - an extraordinary human being with an innocent heart and unparalleled talents - afterall. The mistakes he made do not take away how great he was. Sometimes, I realize it's important not to view Michael's life through rosy glasses.

To me it's not about looking at his life through rosy glasses. (Not saying that was directed at me though :) )
Honestly, I would love to watch something that is based on facts and objective like you mentioned and that focuses on the important aspects of his life.
Or if they want to focus on sharing personal stories on Michael that would be nice too.
I personally just don't see the need for tabloid stories to be rehashed and to add their own personal opinions about it. Especially when Michael has made it more than clear how he felt about all of that. I don't think that it is needed in a documentary of his life, at least not by his close family and friends.
That's all really. I wasn't expecting his family and friends to talk about it like that in this film when at the time Michael was here nobody dared/wanted to talk about it.
I also disagree like I said about the decline part they mentioned but I will wait and see what they are going to say about that.

I will reserve my judgement untill I've seen it, but I can't lie and say that these things have not made me a little more cautious about what the final outcome will be like.

To me the trailer kind of reminded me of the special "The one and only" (Or atleast I think it was called that) with the old stories and old motown stars. I'm curious to see how much it will differ and what kind of new things will be in this.
I will watch parts of this movie out of curiosity. For instance in this film I am interested in the trial part. I think that will be interesting to hear. Or like I said if there are other stories we haven't heard before. That's just my view on it though. :)

^^Absolutely agree with you. It'd be like breeze of fresh air if a documentary is focused on Michael as an artist and humanitarian. That's why I welcome Joe Vogel's book. I can't wait.

On this documentary, I don't have adequate information to form an opinion. I saw the trailer, not impressive IMO. But, TMez gave good review and found it informative. So, I'll definitely give this doc a try.

TMez gave good review and found it informative. So, I'll definitely give this doc a try.

Of course they would! Anything that has any werid bad parts bout mj they would gladly appluad SMH

Of course they would! Anything that has any werid bad parts bout mj they would gladly appluad SMH
TMez is Tom Mesereau, a nickname for Michael's defense attorney in 2005. From what I have heard, he's a no-nonsense guy. He's been fair and truthful. He has never said or done anything bad about Michael. Actually, he helped save Michael's life. Seriously, I trust him more than many people. He's not the type of person who would "gladly applaud" anything that portrayed Michael to be weird. If you don't think highly of the documentary, that's totally fine. But, please do not be so judgemental do prematurely.

TMez is Tom Mesereau, a nickname for Michael's defense attorney in 2005. From what I have heard, he's a no-nonsense guy. He's been fair and truthful. He has never said or done anything bad about Michael. Actually, he helped save Michael's life. Seriously, I trust him more than many people. He's not the type of person who would "gladly applaud" anything that portrayed Michael to be weird. If you don't think highly of the documentary, that's totally fine. But, please do not be so judgemental do prematurely.

Sorry i was mistaken i thought the poster had wrote "tmz" instead tmez- my bad sorry

Dr. Conrad Murray "should be" prosecuted over the death of Michael Jackson so his family can move on, the singer's former defense lawyer Tom Mesereau has claimed.
Mesereau - who defended the late pop legend in his 2005 child molestation case, which ended with Michael being acquitted of all charges - believes the physician should face punishment if the accusation of involuntary manslaughter caused by a Propofol anesthetic overdose is true.

He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I have mixed feelings about the trial. On the one hand I'd like to see the Jackson family get justice, I think what the doctor allegedly did was outrageous and based on everything I've heard he acted very recklessly, very foolishly and should have stood up to whoever he had to stand up to and say, 'This is dangerous, this doesn't belong in the home, we don't have proper equipment and we don't have proper help.' That's the way he should have behaved as a medical professional.

"I think he should be prosecuted to help vindicate the family and also to send a message that physicians should not behave this way."
Although he wants to see justice done, Mesereau is not looking forward to Murray's defense lawyers trying to destroy his former client's reputation when the trial starts on September 8.

He added: "I suspect the defense is going to try and dirty up Michael's reputation and I don't look forward to that at all. I don't look forward to seeing autopsy pictures and things like that . I'm glad the District Attorney's office is prosecuting him, but my concerns are the defense lawyers are going to try to devalue Michael and try and throw a lot of dirt at the wall and see what sticks."

Mesereau appears in David Gest's upcoming documentary 'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' - which contains interviews with more than 50 of the King of Pop's closest friends and family members - and he speaks in detail about the 2005 trial.
The 61-year-old attorney insists the film, which is being released on DVD on October 31, is a wonderful tribute to Jackson - who died in June 2009.

He said: "It's a beautiful documentary it's very original, it's very sensitive and it has a number of interviews with some of the old Motown greats about what this child prodigy was like. I haven't seen any other documentary that does it as well as David Gest's documentary. It's beautiful, it's sensitive, it's informative and I think everyone should see it."

Like others, it does look like the same old documentary but Tmez liked it so I have some hope so I'll watch it. I'm more excited for the interviews from the Motown moguls tho.

just watched the trailer... did they have to start it with that phone call?

just watched the trailer... did they have to start it with that phone call?

I know, that's too sensationalist. And considering how recent Michael's death is, that phone call footage etc is too raw to watch.

Why couldn't someone more credible who knew Michael make a documentary about Michael. I don't like people thinking David Guest was close friend of Michael's when he wasn't. He's Tito's friend, and just knew Michael. I'm sure it won't be a bad documentary, but it does look sensationalist and nothing special to want to watch again. Just like the Michael Jackson Story that was screened on ITV1 in 2006 (was originally meant to transmit in 2003), that was boring same old story, mostly positive but that bit of negativity that wasn't need. That's what this looks like. I just hope I'm proven wrong.

what's the estate's involment in all this?? does anyone know it they have any rights over this?

I know, that's too sensationalist. And considering how recent Michael's death is, that phone call footage etc is too raw to watch.

yes.... it's still hard for me to even see Michael's name and the word "death" in the same sentense... let alone hearing that phone call.

what's the estate's involment in all this?? does anyone know it they have any rights over this?

I am curious about it as well. I watched the trailer only once and I can't remember if there were any Michael's solo music there. I remember only Jackson 5. So if there was no music, it could be the indication.

Lol... It's alright. :huggy:At first, I was skeptical. But, Tom Mesereau gave a glowing review. So, I'm keeping an open attitude now.

Thanks lol

I'll try to keep an open mind bout it but its hard.

BTW guys what is this bout bubbles passing away ..:eek:

Why couldn't someone more credible who knew Michael make a documentary about Michael. I don't like people thinking David Guest was close friend of Michael's when he wasn't. He's Tito's friend, and just knew Michael. I'm sure it won't be a bad documentary, but it does look sensationalist and nothing special to want to watch again. Just like the Michael Jackson Story that was screened on ITV1 in 2006 (was originally meant to transmit in 2003), that was boring same old story, mostly positive but that bit of negativity that wasn't need. That's what this looks like. I just hope I'm proven wrong.

I'm also very hesitant of documentary made by someone who wasn't even very close to Michael because it's always the same..There is always this mix of sensationalism, distortion of truth and judgements that I just don't have any patience for anymore. Like you said as well, it's the same old story, positive things, then adding negativity that is not needed at all..Almost as if it's trying to 'balance' it for people who don't like Michael or something.. Like you said in an earlier post, perhaps if it were to be Miko Brando making a documentary, then I would be more interested..I don't really plan to ever be seeing this one though.

Hopefully this doc will be okay, even if it was made a long time ago. Gest however wasn't a close friend of Michael as most of you pointed out. And 50 friends? Close? Huh? Michael could count his closest friends on one hand, no way for fifty close friends..

The trialer is not so impressing. But if Tom Mesereau said it's a good documentary. I will go try to take a look then judge. You never know it's true or fake from Gest. lol He is funny but he also really like to dramatize everything.

Definatley give it a look but i'm still not entirely sure about david gest

I am looking forward to this.

i'm torn. if it can be seen for free i'll deff watch it. if it's positive i'll pay for it......

^^^

Me too. :)

Back