Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lionel Richie: Michael Jackson hologram was 'freaky'

Lionel Richie was left ''uneasy'' by Michael Jackson's hologram performance.

The 'Easy' hitmaker admits he was ''freaked out'' after seeing the virtual likeness of his late friend - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - perform at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday (18.05.14) because it was so realistic.

He said: ''It was freaky. I must tell you it freaked me out because it's Mike. I have to tell you it was brilliantly done, but it just made me a little uneasy because it was just... I keep waiting for him and then I realize that is him but it's not him. ''It's a little bit over the top for me.''

The 64-year-old crooner admitted he didn't enjoy the performance because it interfered with his own memories of the 'Thriller' star. Asked on 'Access Hollywood' if he would rather remember Michael the way he was, Lionel replied: ''Yeah, let me have Mike the way I... you know, it was...''

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.810&article=135135

I agree all the complaints about the album coming out and the hologram is ridiculous, ppb need money, mj was in heavy debt and no one is suggesting other ways to fill the estate for them beside sales of unreleased music till I hear something that make some sense I'm buying his music. He did a lot for folks when he was alive and if my buying will help his kids and whatever ventures he left behind then I will buy.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong here. But wasn't all of Michaels debt dealt with using the This Is It profits?

Quick question for everyone. Do you think the "performance" would have been better, with say real unreleased footage of Michael, but used in a "Magical" style. like have the dancers live on stage with the firework show etc, have MJ appear one side do some moves then dissapear into a puff of smoke/sparkles etc, to appear the other side of the stage or even arena to do some more moves etc. Because we keep being told this is an illusion and you can't recreate Michael so don't take it too seriously that it didn't really move or look like him, but they did the performance in one whole shot, they were clearly looking for realism and to fool the eyes so to speak. I think using a "magical" approach, showing the real MJ performing, disappearing illusions etc, plus it would have been alot easier to match up the CGI head movements etc.

Author's Note - This is a question, I am sure there is suppose to be a question mark in the above paragraph somewhere............I am just too lazy to figure out where its supposed to be :rollin:

TBH, that may have been a bit better. But from all the info that has been put out there about this one, they would have still had to use the techniques they used to get the lips moving right. Unless they used an old song, which doesn't really work for promoting the new album. Don't get me wrong, I have no love for this idea at all (as my previous comments show) but for what they wanted to achieve (sales, promo, everybody talking) it worked. Using old footage of old songs, would have been the best idea, for me and many other fans. But for the general non fan public they are trying to rope in, it needed to be something new.

Lionel Richie: Michael Jackson hologram was 'freaky'

Lionel Richie was left ''uneasy'' by Michael Jackson's hologram performance.

The 'Easy' hitmaker admits he was ''freaked out'' after seeing the virtual likeness of his late friend - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - perform at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday (18.05.14) because it was so realistic.

He said: ''It was freaky. I must tell you it freaked me out because it's Mike. I have to tell you it was brilliantly done, but it just made me a little uneasy because it was just... I keep waiting for him and then I realize that is him but it's not him. ''It's a little bit over the top for me.''

The 64-year-old crooner admitted he didn't enjoy the performance because it interfered with his own memories of the 'Thriller' star. Asked on 'Access Hollywood' if he would rather remember Michael the way he was, Lionel replied: ''Yeah, let me have Mike the way I... you know, it was...''

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.810&article=135135

if I saw a live hologram/illusion of my friend who passed in 02 I'd feel the exact same. Must have felt so weird

if I saw a live hologram/illusion of my friend who passed in 02 I'd feel the exact same. Must have felt so weird

Yeah, and lets not forget about his poor ****ing kids. That said, we might as well forget em. The estate clearly has. I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if, as we close in on Princes 18th(or is it 21st) we start to get loads of negative media about him and then the estate files some legal BS about him not being fit to run the estate and they keep it.

I've always thought it would of saved a lot of time and energy to update the songs and stay true to the originals. I actually like quite a few of the songs on Xscape, I like what they have done with LNFSG, Chicago, Lovin' You and the new Xscape. However, I would like the whole thing a lot more if they had simply stayed true to the original songs but just updated the sound. I'm not too familiar with all of this but I can imagine it was a lot harder creating entirely new music for these songs.

Blue Gangsta for instance is a song that I believe would do well today with just a few tweaks here and there and a bit more of an updated sound, however they changed the entire song bar the vocals and it has ended up sounding awful to me. They created a lot of work for themselves when it would of been easier and better to stay true to the originals but just update the sound.

Yes, i believe this is one of the reasons, why LNFSG sounds so good.
Imagine what they could have done to DYKWYCA.....

XscapeTheLies;4011138 said:
Someone can correct me if I am wrong here. But wasn't all of Michaels debt dealt with using the This Is It profits?

No, there are still debts to pay. You can find information on this forum. It is too much to write about.

XscapeTheLies;4011147 said:
Yeah, and lets not forget about his poor ****ing kids. That said, we might as well forget em. The estate clearly has. I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if, as we close in on Princes 18th(or is it 21st) we start to get loads of negative media about him and then the estate files some legal BS about him not being fit to run the estate and they keep it.

Even if - the Estate earns money NOT for themselves. They can’t spend it on their need.

I would expect such behavior from some of the Jackson family members but not from Johns.

Allusio;4011159 said:
No, there are still debts to pay. You can find information on this forum. It is too much to write about.

Even if - the Estate earns money NOT for themselves. They can’t spend it on their need.

I would expect such behavior from some of the Jackson family members but not from Johns.

Uh, Michael's personal debts were paid off in July of 2012. Since then the only thing that has remained was Michael's publishing catalog which they expected to be cleared by the end of that year.

The kids aren't broke. There is nomore debt they'd be responsible for as the execs of Michael's estate.

New video on CNN confirms it was an "Actor" doing the moves, also pretty much confirms NO CGI body, all that was added was the CGI head.

Birchey, while I appreciate your idea, I would prefer to see someone take past concert performances of Michael from each era of his career and restore them to the visual and audio quality that is standard now. I would love to have a dvd of Jackson Five, Jacksons, and Michael solo concerts with accompanying audio cds. That for me is experiencing Michael live. No technology from a created performance can do that despite what Michael's estate and some others seem to believe.

It is as if Michael left an artistic diamond that shines so bright and yet his estate wants to waste time and monies creating a cubic zircon version. Now others are attempting to re-cut and polish the zircon. Nothing will make that zircon a diamond. I rather appreciate and respect the diamond.

Vici;4011115 said:

Truth.

innuendo141;4011141 said:

Indeed. If this happened to anyone of us after our passing I seriously doubt whatever that was at Billboard would be supported. When it comes to Michael Jackson and the selfish appetite of the masses that include some fans, anything goes.

XscapeTheLies;4011147 said:

I do not believe Michael's children and how this stunt would have effected them (or anyone in his family for that matter) is in most thoughts. Most are only concerned with their own thoughts and how it made them feel.

Allusio;4011159 said:

You may want to review the concept of executor's compensation.

^^^ Question, if Alki's technology was used why didn't the judge give them the restraining order?

^^^ Question, if Alki's technology was used why didn't the judge give them the restraining order?

Would you want to be the judge who stopped this thing happening??? Saying that, I would have liked to have been the judge stopping this thing from happening, after my feelings were finally confirmed :black_eye:

Would you want to be the judge who stopped this thing happening??? Saying that, I would have liked to have been the judge stopping this thing from happening, after my feelings were finally confirmed :black_eye:

Well, that shouldn't really come into it, a judge should base their decisions on the law and evidence presented. I would hope anyway.

Sorry Birchey, but alki David has no involvment in the MJ hologram. He is suing the estate for the patent. He is just a media whore who is trying to take credit for something he dont have a clue

To me, I don't care if he was involved or not, I dont like the guy either and don't care whether he is suing the Estate etc, he obviously has knowledge of how the "hologram" was created seeing as he claims to own the patent and owns a company who do this for a living, this just confirms what many of us already knew. No new technology, poor substandard CGI face, real impersonator's body being shown :(

I repeat : Alki has no involvment here. He is taking credit of that. He was claiming he didn't know nothing about that project on May 15 . Suddenly, now, it's his project. The estate is saying it's a new technology. But I guess that MJ fans prefer to believe Alki because it fits their agenda.

So, you believe when he says that B. Howard is MJ's son. It's Alki behind this stunt. You should do some research about him. He is shady

WhoIsIt89;4011169 said:
Uh, Michael's personal debts were paid off in July of 2012. Since then the only thing that has remained was Michael's publishing catalog which they expected to be cleared by the end of that year.

The kids aren't broke. There is nomore debt they'd be responsible for as the execs of Michael's estate.

Kids are not broken, no doubts.
I thought that loan connected to Mijac Music was paid off… but something from Sony/ATV publishing catalog still need to be paid.

Sorry Birchey, but alki David has no involvment in the MJ hologram. He is suing the estate for the patent. He is just a media whore who is trying to take credit for something he dont have a clue

I truly do not know why the lawsuit has value in this thread. Regardless of what technology was used, viewers have eyes and logic that tells them they saw an actor portraying Michael. The only thing authentic about whatever happened at Billboard was Michael's vocals on STTR.

The Estate is in business and the truth sometimes does not lend well to profits. They are going to maintain that this was simply magic even when the viewers' own eyes tell them otherwise.

Pulse and the estate said it's a new technology. Alki has 0 involvement in this.

I just watched the video again on Michael Jackson vevo. Honestly, it's not that bad especially if you accept it for what it is. It is an "illusion". It is not meant to be Michael. The fact that the body is probably from another person is irrelevant to me. It is not meant to be Michael in any way. How could it be? Honestly, I feel that some people are over analysing this a bit instead of just accepting it for what it was. I also wonder if a fully computerised image would have produced a better result in terms of the dancing and moves? I think it would be rather difficult to get the moonwalk, etc., just right. Perhaps they just need to find a better dancer who can better recreate the moves?

apparently, you are an insider and know the secret

Nah I just watched the youtube video from the guy in the front row that shows the image being reflected off of the ceiling above the stage, as opposed to the standard version which is projected downwards, also they used Musion Eyeliner projectors, the same used in the industry and not created for this illusion, apparently now I am the guy who did some research before posting here xD

I just watched the video again on Michael Jackson vevo. Honestly, it's not that bad especially if you accept it for what it is. It is an "illusion". It is not meant to be Michael. The fact that the body is probably from another person is irrelevant to me. It is not meant to be Michael in any way. How could it be? Honestly, I feel that some people are over analysing this a bit instead of just accepting it for what it was. I also wonder if a fully computerised image would have produced a better result in terms of the dancing and moves? I think it would be rather difficult to get the moonwalk, etc., just right. Perhaps they just need to find a better dancer who can better recreate the moves?

No one is "over-analyzing" anything really. Except when we're told specifically "no impersonators were used", then that becomes a problem. Because it's an insult on our intelligence.

Nah I just watched the youtube video from the guy in the front row that shows the image being reflected off of the ceiling above the stage, apparently now I am the guy who did some research before posting here now xD

Video coming from ALKI DAVID with 0 involvment in this project. He's is promoting HIS company. Holograms exist from a long time. This guy never create the concept

The guy has no clue about how the MJ hologram was created or the technology used.

When u listen the video, it's him who was working in the project. He is lying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back