Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birchey;4011218 said:
WTF has this got to do with anything, don't try putting words into people mouths.

The man is a liar. After “B Howard is MJ's son” I rather believe in magic from the Estate.

Visual MJ is not real MJ but it does look more realistic than any other “creation” of its kind. That is something new.

Last edited:
Because Alki's technology is based on the Pepper's Ghost illusion, which has been public domain for years.

Thanks.

But then why are we posting the CNN interview where it states his technology was used as evidence for how this was created? Aren't we posting a lie to prove a lie?

Video coming from ALKI DAVID with 0 involvment in this project. He's is promoting HIS company. Holograms exist from a long time. This guy never create the concept

The guy has no clue about how the MJ hologram was created or the technology used.

When u listen the video, it's him who was working in the project. He is lying

Like I said, I don't care for the man, and he can promote himself all he likes and bullshit about B Howard etc but saying he has no clue about how the hologram was created or the technology it used is a joke. The guy owns a company who makes these holograms and if he is trying to promote his company on TV or build his profile for their court case he isn't doing a good job by just making up a bunch of crap. All evidence points towards what he is saying being correct.

Okay some serious misinformation is going on.

Let's be real here. You're more of a legal expert than I am, but mistake if I'm wrong, I thought the lawsuit stated that the company Alki inherited, were basically the parent company of Pulse Entertainment? The ones that did this "Michael" performance, I could be wrong but I thought I read that, one of the companies went bankrupt, Alki purchased what they had and whatever was left, they made Pulse Entertainment..I'm not sure on that, but I recall the lawsuit saying something of that nature.

You are wrong.

There are two separate parts to this hologram technology. One is the motion capture, CGI, animation part. Second is the screen and the projection part. The second part is claimed to be patented by a company called Musion. They have their projection system called Musion Eyeliner.

The first part for both Tupac and Michael is done by a guy named John Textor. His initial company was Digital Domain, it went bankrupt. Digital Domain had been formed by Textor and James Cameron - the director of Avatar. Textor was the CEO. Chinese and Indian investors bought that company after it went bankrupt. Textor left the company and formed and now working under Pulse Entertainment name. This motion capture , CGI and animation part had nothing to do with Alki David. Alki had no connection or involvement with Digital Domain, he didn't buy them, he's not involved in Pulse.

When Digital Domain/ John Textor (now Pulse) did Tupac hologram they went to Musion Inc and got a license from them in 2012. Again Musion only provides the projection screen and system.

Alki David came into picture in 2014. He formed an exclusive agreement with Musion Inc to become the exclusive rep for the USA and Canada. Alki had absolutely no involvement in Tupac hologram. He had no involvement in Michael one.

Without that though, we know they used the same tech as the Tupac hologram, we know this from cellphone footage of both performances, in which both the projection screen which projects and mirrors the image, can be seen, in both performances. He owns some part of the tech. He has access to the specific's legally.

Technically he doesn't own the tech, Musion Inc and two guys behind it does. Alki David is simply their USA & Canada Exclusive licensor. And as I explained the projection technology is totally separate than the creation of the hologram

We don't, we're just going off of what we think we know as either casuals who simply don't care, or hardcore fans who pay attention to those tiny, intricate details. I don't think we can just write him off like that.

Well as a "hardcore" business and legal side fan I can write him off like that. One he had no involvement in any dead celebrity hologram, two he doesn't have a CGI/animation company, three in his sworn affidavit he said he didn't hear of the hologram until may 15, four during hearing they admitted they had no idea what projection system would be used and they are making assumptions and asked the judge to give them access so that they can see the projector.

So I'm 100% hardcore sure when he goes on to CNN and says the hologram was recorded at his company, he's blatantly lying. If requested I can provide screencaps from his sworn affidavit. He doesn't have any firsthand information.

You also need to know that Alki has started Hologram USA in the hopes of doing dead musician tours but none of the celebrities estates giving him any permission . He had announced an Amy Winehouse tour only to be shot down by her family. He's desperate for this publicity.

Oh and some other tidbits you don't know is 1) he sent an threatening email to Branca which Weitzman replied by saying don't do it and 2) One day before he asked Estate to credit him. Both were refused. So he's angry, he's vindictive and he's milking it.

The man who owns the patents to said technology says that they had to use a double. Oh yeah, we gotta write him off now as a liar and a person who has simply NO CLUE what he's talking about, simply because it fits our own personal belief. Got'cha.

As I said the patents are just the projection system. Alki doesn't own them, he's the USA Exclusive dealer. And we are writing him as a liar well because he lies and we have proof of it. He also strives through publicity. Google him. He paid someone a million dollars to flash President Obama and he tried to arrange a boxing match with Geroge Zimmerman. Let's not forget how he came up with the bogus DNA with MJ's secret son claim. He's not really reliable or trustworthy.

Uh, Michael's personal debts were paid off in July of 2012. Since then the only thing that has remained was Michael's publishing catalog which they expected to be cleared by the end of that year.

The kids aren't broke. There is nomore debt they'd be responsible for as the execs of Michael's estate.

Not true. Creditor claims, mortgages on Hayvenhurst and Condo and Mijac debt has been paid. Sony/ATV debt, Neverland debt, multi million lawsuits and IRS tax bill is still ongoing. So there's still debt to pay.

owns a company who do this for a living

The guy owns a company who makes these holograms

He doesn't own a hologram motion capture / CGI/animation company. He only licenses the projector screen and system. He wishes he could be doing such holograms hence his desperate attempts of lying on TV.

Edited to add: He's lying about his involvement with Tupac hologram as well. there are court records that show that his partnership with Musion didn't start until 2014. Also his current hologram capabilities is limited to what he showed on that CNN video - in other words making holograms of living people. He doesn't have the CGI capabilities yet, he wishes he could though.

---------------

Think of it like there's a cook who makes the food and there's a waiter who serves the food. In this example Textor is the cook in restaurant A, Alki at most is a new waiter in restaurant B.

----

edited to add: TVmix and filmon is Alki's websites. he reports and spins to his advantage on those sites. I wouldn't use them as fair and balanced news sources.

Last edited:
I be blunt on this.

If Xscape only had demos and no remixes or updates, I wouldn't have bought it. That is part of the reason why I did not buy Bad 25. I mean, I have this album. Why would I spend another ten dollars on songs I already had along with demos. I don't have much money, so I have to see value if I buy something. And, if they released only demos and sold it for ten to fifteen dollars, I would call it a money-grab, rip-off.

I am a person who, when it comes to business, is not interested in motives, because the key goal to any company is to make money. I only care about the end results. So if people are greedy, self-serving, not 'true' fans, ect, I don't care. If the music they put out is good, I'm buying it. As long as they're not calling Micahael a pedo, weird, ect they can be as greedy as they want as long as they earn their money.

I be blunt on this.

If Xscape only had demos and no remixes or updates, I wouldn't have bought it. That is part of the reason why I did not buy Bad 25. I mean, I have this album. Why would I spend another ten dollars on songs I already had along with demos. I don't have much money, so I have to see value if I buy something. And, if they released only demos and sold it for ten to fifteen dollars, I would call it a money-grab, rip-off.

I am a person who, when it comes to business, is not interested in motives, because the key goal to any company is to make money. I only care about the end results. So if people are greedy, self-serving, not 'true' fans, ect, I don't care. If the music they put out is good, I'm buying it. As long as they're not calling Micahael a pedo, weird, ect they can be as greedy as they want as long as they earn their money.

you are missing out on a fantastic disc 2 for bad 25 and the demo's you have, are illegal.. which means you're ripping off Michael's legacy because you can't be arsed to buy an official cd? okay then.

Ivy, so where does Alki David and Hologram USA fit into this, why is he named as Plaintiff with Uwe Maass and Musion Das Hologram Limited if he doesn't own anything? Surely he would be going for these guys http://www.eyeliner3d.com/ or is it because they are based in London that he can't?

Quick question for everyone. Do you think the "performance" would have been better, with say real unreleased footage of Michael, but used in a "Magical" style. like have the dancers live on stage with the firework show etc, have MJ appear one side do some moves then dissapear into a puff of smoke/sparkles etc, to appear the other side of the stage or even arena to do some more moves etc. Because we keep being told this is an illusion and you can't recreate Michael so don't take it too seriously that it didn't really move or look like him, but they did the performance in one whole shot, they were clearly looking for realism and to fool the eyes so to speak. I think using a "magical" approach, showing the real MJ performing, disappearing illusions etc, plus it would have been alot easier to match up the CGI head movements etc.

Author's Note - This is a question, I am sure there is suppose to be a question mark in the above paragraph somewhere............I am just too lazy to figure out where its supposed to be :rollin:

Once again, sorry for all these double posts.

If you are asking is it technically possible to do the above, it could but it won't be a 'live' performance. They could do what they did for Elvis on American Idol in which you see Elvis sing with Celin because they used real footage from a performance, but the studio audience wouldn't see it. So, that would be cool for a tv exclusive event or something.

For a hologram, wouldn't really work. To rig a 3D model, you have to input the movements either by hand, by a program, or by motion-caption. You cannot just take a performance from youtube or something and program it in into a hologram. So, unless Michael had more than just his brief Ghost dance, the estate cannot realistically get Micahael Jackson's body movements into a computer and have to rely on another dancer to mimic him.

Honestly, if they were going to do your suggestion, they would have better luck using a 3D screen like Captain EO.

Nice try, Zakk, but I have no illegal disc, thank you very much. All my Michael Jackson music is bought. I don't have the demos (legal or illegal) and I am not interested in them. It is nice to hear how a song was put together and how it ended up the final project, but I am not going to pay cash for that alone. And, as a fellow artist, I never buy illegals. I didn't even listen to the leak songs, so Xscape is the first time I heard all these pieces, despite knowing about them for years.

So, please, get off your high horse.

you are missing out on a fantastic disc 2 for bad 25 and the demo's you have, are illegal.. which means you're ripping off Michael's legacy because you can't be arsed to buy an official cd? okay then.

Seriously though... Let's be clear, Bad 25 was a stellar project and it is only through purchasing such things that the Estate will get the message about what we want from them in the only language they will truly understand: money.

Once again, sorry for all these double posts.

If you are asking is it technically possible to do the above, it could but it won't be a 'live' performance. They could do what they did for Elvis on American Idol in which you see Elvis sing with Celin because they used real footage from a performance, but the studio audience wouldn't see it. So, that would be cool for a tv exclusive event or something.

For a hologram, wouldn't really work. To rig a 3D model, you have to input the movements either by hand, by a program, or by motion-caption. You cannot just take a performance from youtube or something and program it in into a hologram. So, unless Michael had more than just his brief Ghost dance, the estate cannot realistically get Micahael Jackson's body movements into a computer and have to rely on another dancer to mimic him.

Honestly, if they were going to do your suggestion, they would have better luck using a 3D screen like Captain EO.

Well I suppose they kinda broke the "live" feel themselves having "VirtualMJ" come out of the painting, I think they should have just had him walk in etc. As for the CGI body, it is possible, but the work to do it would be very very long winded, but for me MJ was worth it. Instead we didn't even get a CGI body of Michaels tracked from an Impersonator we got an impersonator :/

And they could have displayed this performance on a screen, as there was nothing behind the projection, nothing interacted with it and it still looked "Skewed" 2D from the side. Still theres hopes they will improve this and create a really good digital Mike. I know Cirque Du Soleil track movements from their dancers/acrobats so they can use 3d software to map out routines and peoples places on stage. Maybe creating a databank of MJ's moves would be awesome :dancin:. I just find it hard right now to except a real flesh impersonator with Michaels head put on performing to his voice :(

Birchey;4011253 said:
Ivy, so where does Alki David and Hologram USA fit into this, why is he named as Plaintiff with Uwe Maass and Musion Das Hologram Limited if he doesn't own anything? Surely he would be going for these guys http://www.eyeliner3d.com/ or is it because they are based in London that he can't?

I already explained it but I'll do it again :)

Uwe Mass and Musion Inc are the owners of the patent / technology for the Musion Eyeliner which is in simplified terms is a screen and projector.

In Alki David's own words : "In February 2014, I entered into an agreement with the patent holders of the ‘519 and ‘212 patents to acquire the exclusive licensing rights to Musion Eyeliner. We agreed to form a company called “Musion USA,” which would serve as the exclusive licensee of the Musion Eyeliner technology for the territories of the United States and Canada."

So in February 2014 - 2 years after Tupac hologram - Alki has "licensed the exclusive right to use the Musion eyeliner system and to sublicense it to third parties in USA and Canada" (again from court documents).

As I mentioned Alki doesn't own anything, he's the exclusive licensor in USA and Canada hence that's why he's the one suing. He claims Musion is being used and they needed his permission.

John Textor had two claims 1) they aren't using Musion Eyeliner / patented technology and 2) he also got a license from Uwe Mass / Musion inc back in 2012 and his license is still active and he can use Musion Eyeliner if he wants.

Alki David can lie as much as he wants, he had no involvement in Tupac hologram - years alone prove that and he had no involvement in any CGI, motion capture. Even Musion Inc had no involvement in the development of Tupac hologra, Textor and Digital Domain did it, they just licensed and used Musion system to project it.

Edited to add:
Also another interesting tidbit is that Textor knew the original owner of Musion Inc - Giovanni Palma- and he was in talk with him in April 2014 and they were trying to add Musion into the mix. Alki David is the one that stopped it asking "how can we trust this ass****" . As I said he's desperately trying to establish his hologram business. Saturday night Alki was asking Estate to state on Billboard show that this was "Hologram USA" , Estate refused to do it - and why would they agree to it when it was Pulse / John Textor did the hologram- hence Alki is now going on to media to make that claim himself.

Last edited:
ivy;4011264 said:
I already explained it but I'll do it again :)

Uwe Mass and Musion Inc are the owners of the patent / technology for the Musion Eyeliner which is in simplified terms is a screen and projector.

In Alki David's own words : "In February 2014, I entered into an agreement with the patent holders of the ‘519 and ‘212 patents to acquire the exclusive licensing rights to Musion Eyeliner. We agreed to form a company called “Musion USA,” which would serve as the exclusive licensee of the Musion Eyeliner technology for the territories of the United States and Canada."

So in February 2014 - 2 years after Tupac hologram - Alki has "licensed the exclusive right to use the Musion eyeliner system and to sublicense it to third parties in USA and Canada" (again from court documents).

As I mentioned Alki doesn't own anything, he's the exclusive licensor in USA and Canada hence that's why he's the one suing. He claims Musion is being used and they needed his permission.

John Textor had two claims 1) they aren't using Musion Eyeliner / patented technology and 2) he also got a license from Uwe Mass / Musion inc back in 2012 and his license is still active and he can use Musion Eyeliner if he wants.

Alki David can lie as much as he wants, he had no involvement in Tupac hologram - years alone prove that and he had no involvement in any CGI, motion capture.

Edited to add:
Also another interesting tidbit is that Textor knew the original owner of Musion Inc - Giovanni Palma- and he was in talk with him in April 2014 and they were trying to add Musion into the mix. Alki David is the one that stopped it asking "how can we trust this ass****" . As I said he's desperately trying to establish his hologram business. Saturday night Alki was asking Estate to state on Billboard show that this was "Hologram USA" , Estate refused to do it hence Alki is now going on to media to make that claim himself.

Its okay, I was confused with many news reports saying he owned the patents with Musion Das Hologram and the fact that Musion, Uwe who own the patents and David were all plaintiffs. but Legal isn't my strong thing, you would think it would be by now xD

That aside, I don't think anyone said he was involved with any Holograms, but he does work with the stuff and his explanation of how they created "VirtualMJ" (be it not in his greenscreen studio) was correct. That was the only thing I took from it and all I posted from it.

Well I suppose they kinda broke the "live" feel themselves having "VirtualMJ" come out of the painting, I think they should have just had him walk in etc. As for the CGI body, it is possible, but the work to do it would be very very long winded, but for me MJ was worth it. Instead we didn't even get a CGI body of Michaels tracked from an Impersonator we got an impersonator :/

And they could have displayed this performance on a screen, as there was nothing behind the projection, nothing interacted with it and it still looked "Skewed" 2D from the side. Still theres hopes they will improve this and create a really good digital Mike. I know Cirque Du Soleil track movements from their dancers/acrobats so they can use 3d software to map out routines and peoples places on stage. Maybe creating a databank of MJ's moves would be awesome :dancin:. I just find it hard right now to except a real flesh impersonator with Michaels head put on performing to his voice :(

We don't know how they made the CGI Michael. It is your opinion that it was an imposter with a Michael head. So, it could be complete CGI with a dancer they used for the motion-caption and the results would have still been the same. It isn't Michael, it is an imposter tracking his dance steps.

So, you are really arguing about whether it is more 'real' for them to use an imposter with a Michael head or a CGI Michael using an imposter's motion-caption for the dancing. Really, there isn't a big different either way when it comes to the results. You and other hardcore fans will know it is not Michael, because it is not Michael dancing.

Honestly, I highly doubt it was an imposter with a Michael head or a Michael CGI suite. If you go back and really look at the Tupac CGI, it looks very uncanny because the head movements and the body movements are not sync. That along with several other factors that give Tupac a creepy factor. The CGI Michael moved in sync, so other than a dignified effect that made him looked like the stepped out of Photoshop, it actually looked like a real person.

We don't know how they made the CGI Michael. It is your opinion that it was an imposter with a Michael head. So, it could be complete CGI with a dancer they used for the motion-caption and the results would have still been the same. It isn't Michael, it is an imposter tracking his dance steps.

So, you are really arguing about whether it is more 'real' for them to use an imposter with a Michael head or a CGI Michael using an imposter's motion-caption for the dancing. Really, there isn't a big different either way when it comes to the results. You and other hardcore fans will know it is not Michael, because it is not Michael dancing.

Honestly, I highly doubt it was an imposter with a Michael head or a Michael CGI suite. If you go back and really look at the Tupac CGI, it looks very uncanny because the head movements and the body movements are not sync. That along with several other factors that give Tupac a creepy factor. The CGI Michael moved in sync, so other than a dignified effect that made him looked like the stepped out of Photoshop, it actually looked like a real person.

Yes, about it being a CGI body or a flesh body, this is just a little thing, of course we can tell its not Michael moving, but its the fact that the thing you are seeing is 90% is a REAL person, and we are told it was all Virtual.

The CGI head glitched quite alot, the neck over stretched in places and the CGI hair failed to work over the body double in some places.

Never ever at any point in my fandom did I think this would happen, presenting an Impersonator in the flesh onstage to perform officially as "Michael Jackson", whats next?

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/vide....cnn&video_referrer=https://www.facebook.com/

Impersonator body, CGI head. I just dont understand why they didn't use the 3D head scans from Ghosts in '96. Those are completely in 3D and an exact likeness. This "hologram" only sorta reminded me of MJ to be honest. Whats worse is the impersonator was an awful dancer

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/vide....cnn&video_referrer=https://www.facebook.com/

Impersonator body, CGI head. I just dont understand why they didn't use the 3D head scans from Ghosts in '96. Those are completely in 3D and an exact likeness. This "hologram" only sorta reminded me of MJ to be honest. Whats worse is the impersonator was an awful dancer

Even if they didn't have the data from Ghosts they have so many face casts lying around they could of laser scanned to make a 3D model. I have been told by someone in the last 20 minutes that they didn't even properly CGI the face they just "modified" the impersonators face :/

Okay some serious misinformation is going on.

You are wrong.

There are two separate parts to this hologram technology. One is the motion capture, CGI, animation part. Second is the screen and the projection part. The second part is claimed to be patented by a company called Musion. They have their projection system called Musion Eyeliner.

The first part for both Tupac and Michael is done by a guy named John Textor. His initial company was Digital Domain, it went bankrupt. Digital Domain had been formed by Textor and James Cameron - the director of Avatar. Textor was the CEO. Chinese and Indian investors bought that company after it went bankrupt. Textor left the company and formed and now working under Pulse Entertainment name. This motion capture , CGI and animation part had nothing to do with Alki David. Alki had no connection or involvement with Digital Domain, he didn't buy them, he's not involved in Pulse.

When Digital Domain/ John Textor (now Pulse) did Tupac hologram they went to Musion Inc and got a license from them in 2012. Again Musion only provides the projection screen and system.

Alki David came into picture in 2014. He formed an exclusive agreement with Musion Inc to become the exclusive rep for the USA and Canada. Alki had absolutely no involvement in Tupac hologram. He had no involvement in Michael one.

Technically he doesn't own the tech, Musion Inc and two guys behind it does. Alki David is simply their USA & Canada Exclusive licensor. And as I explained the projection technology is totally separate than the creation of the hologram

Well as a "hardcore" business and legal side fan I can write him off like that. One he had no involvement in any dead celebrity hologram, two he doesn't have a CGI/animation company, three in his sworn affidavit he said he didn't hear of the hologram until may 15, four during hearing they admitted they had no idea what projection system would be used and they are making assumptions and asked the judge to give them access so that they can see the projector.

So I'm 100% hardcore sure when he goes on to CNN and says the hologram was recorded at his company, he's blatantly lying. If requested I can provide screencaps from his sworn affidavit. He doesn't have any firsthand information.

You also need to know that Alki has started Hologram USA in the hopes of doing dead musician tours but none of the celebrities estates giving him any permission . He had announced an Amy Winehouse tour only to be shot down by her family. He's desperate for this publicity.

Oh and some other tidbits you don't know is 1) he sent an threatening email to Branca which Weitzman replied by saying don't do it and 2) One day before he asked Estate to credit him. Both were refused. So he's angry, he's vindictive and he's milking it.

As I said the patents are just the projection system. Alki doesn't own them, he's the USA Exclusive dealer. And we are writing him as a liar well because he lies and we have proof of it. He also strives through publicity. Google him. He paid someone a million dollars to flash President Obama and he tried to arrange a boxing match with Geroge Zimmerman. Let's not forget how he came up with the bogus DNA with MJ's secret son claim. He's not really reliable or trustworthy.

Not true. Creditor claims, mortgages on Hayvenhurst and Condo and Mijac debt has been paid. Sony/ATV debt, Neverland debt, multi million lawsuits and IRS tax bill is still ongoing. So there's still debt to pay.

He doesn't own a hologram motion capture / CGI/animation company. He only licenses the projector screen and system. He wishes he could be doing such holograms hence his desperate attempts of lying on TV.

Edited to add: He's lying about his involvement with Tupac hologram as well. there are court records that show that his partnership with Musion didn't start until 2014. Also his current hologram capabilities is limited to what he showed on that CNN video - in other words making holograms of living people. He doesn't have the CGI capabilities yet, he wishes he could though.

---------------

Think of it like there's a cook who makes the food and there's a waiter who serves the food. In this example Textor is the cook in restaurant A, Alki at most is a new waiter in restaurant B.

----

edited to add: TVmix and filmon is Alki's websites. he reports and spins to his advantage on those sites. I wouldn't use them as fair and balanced news sources.

I did say all of Michael's personal debts had been paid. And that they expected the catalog debt to be paid by the end of the year. Which apparently it isn't.

How is what I said not true? Hayvenhurst, his Condo, his MiJac company, aren't those all considered personal assets?

As far as Alki owning anything, I did say correct me I might be wrong and correct me if I was. You did. He still has the patent. So what you're saying is, in terms of this "hologram" subject, because he simply owns patent to the projection system and licenses it to be used, he has no clue what he's talking about? When WE KNOW that they used the same projection technology, to create this? I don't understand that.

What he says about B.Howard being Michael's son, has nothing to do with this. Therefore irrelevant when it comes to the discussion of how this "hologram" was made. He has no title or right to Michael's sperm, therefore he can say whatever he wants about B.Howard, even with how untrue it is. He doesn't know Michael and he surely doesn't know who he slept with and who he birthed.

But he knows hologram projections ie. Pepper's Ghost technology. Even though he wasn't involved in making the Tupac hologram, he has the patent to the technology that did. Are we to assume he just purchased all this stuff without ever attempting to find out what it is and how it works? I don't know about that.

It's not just his words though, nobody who posted his video are saying "It's an impersonator because Alki David said so". His words are just another piece of evidence for many, which confirms to us, that it was an impersonator. Alki's words just go last on a long list of noticeable flaws which tell me it wasn't a full CGI image. So it would be like...

- Clothing looks too realistic.
- T-Shirt stretches in right direction when he raises his arms
- The jackets casts a very realistic parallel shadow on his T-shirt, which remains so with every movement.
- The tribute artist clothing argument.
- The exact same dance steps as one of Michael's "official" doubles.
- Alki David saying it was an impersonator.

Not just "Alki David said it is, so it's what it is". No.

Last edited:
Even if they didn't have the data from Ghosts they have so many face casts lying around they could of laser scanned to make a 3D model. I have been told by someone in the last 20 minutes that they didn't even properly CGI the face they just "modified" the impersonators face :/

Smacks of laziness, incompetance and a general disregard and disrespect of MJ's legacy. Alot of things are half-assed with this estate. Casio tracks anyone?? I will say that they did a general good job with Xscape, way better than "Michael" album obviously and I appreciated Bad25 too. This hologram thing though was overhyped. They made out that it was "as if he never died" and it was "as you've never seen him before" making out that it was gonna be this AMAZING representation of *Michael Jackson* on stage. When actually, it was just a bad impersonator. I read their statement today and I find it a bit condescending. "It's about entertainment, not reality". Misses the point entirely.

Birchey, it seems like you're singlehandedly carrying this entire discussion..

But man give it a rest already.. Everyone knows how u feel about the illusion already..

Btw, love your version of "Hollywood Tonight" more than any of the others!

But man give it a rest already.. Everyone knows how u feel about the illusion already..

Btw, love your version of "Hollywood Tonight" more than any of the others!

Thanks for compliment on mix :D

If you think I am carrying the discussion then I will leave and might aswell close the thread huh? I am just figuring out how all this is done, trying to find the truth behind it all. I thought some people might like to know how it was produced, t=you know like we have a general interest in all things Michael? And I know exactly how it was done from start to finish now, who the Impersonator was , the CGI or lack of, the Projection method, the approximate cost of the film screen used to project on, how Jeff Jampol from the Online Team got a bit of cash as he is on the board for the company who made it, everything :D

As it has been said way too many times already, the person who claimed that the estate used that method is not trustworthy. Did you read Ivy's post?

Who is this someone? Where is this information coming from? Show me the source of this suppose insider.

For me, Xscape was perfect until this crap happened. Releasing the music is a nice little tribute and way of keeping him at the forefront of music but cheesy, poorly imitated ways to actually go a step too far and try and resurrect the man himself, I just can't agree with it at all.

As it has been said way too many times already, the person who claimed that the estate used that method is not trustworthy. Did you read Ivy's post?

It's not just his words though, nobody who posted his video are saying "It's an impersonator because Alki David said so". His words are just another piece of evidence for many, which confirms to us, that it was an impersonator. Alki's words just go last on a long list of noticeable flaws which tell me it wasn't a full CGI image. So it would be like...

- Clothing looks too realistic.
- T-Shirt stretches in right direction when he raises his arms
- The jackets casts a very realistic parallel shadow on his T-shirt, which remains so with every movement.
- The tribute artist clothing argument.
- The exact same dance steps as one of Michael's "official" doubles.
- Alki David saying it was an impersonator.

Not just "Alki David said it is, so it's what it is". No.

Indeed.

I appreciate the posts Birchey and WhoIsIt89 have regarding the technology discussion. I understand the interest in the lawsuit as well as the distrust of a particular party and the unwavering support of another. I continue to see the lawsuit as a distraction.

Feel free to trust your own eyes in this instance.

And that they expected the catalog debt to be paid by the end of the year. Which apparently it isn't.

they never said such thing. They only expected and did pay MIJAC. They never stated when they would pay off Sony/ATV

How is what I said not true?

You said there's no more debt that they'll be responsible. Which is untrue. They - Executors and MJ's kids if/when they become Executors - will be responsible for paying Sony/ATV, Neverland, any possible lawsuit judgments and any possible IRS taxes. For example in the worst case scenario Estate might be hit with a $700 Million tax bill and could spend 15 years paying that.

In short while I agree they aren't broke, it's not true to say that there's no debt and /or they need no more money. They still need money to pay for the remaining and possible debts.

He still has the patent. So what you're saying is, in terms of this "hologram" subject, because he simply owns patent to the projection system and licenses it to be used, he has no clue what he's talking about?

He doesn't own the patent, he has licensed the exclusive rights for USA and CAN.

When WE KNOW that they used the same projection technology, to create this? I don't understand that.

Let's try this : I prepare a presentation for my meeting tomorrow. You set up the projector for the presentation. What do you know about how I prepared my presentation?

As I clearly explained Alki doesn't have and/or never involved in motion capture / CGI / animation of a hologram. Just because he's know how to play a hologram doesn't mean he knows how its done. He certainly cannot know who was involved or not.

What he says about B.Howard being Michael's son, has nothing to do with this. Therefore irrelevant when it comes to the discussion

Okay so he creates a fake DNA test, he lies about that on national media and it's irrelevant? Similarly all his lies surrounding this issue is irrelevant too? For example he stated that Hologram USA did Tupac hologram while Hologram USA and his license agreement didn't even existed. So are you taking the word of a proven liar just because he says something to support your opinion? Well I would personally wouldn't do that but each to its own.

But he knows hologram projections ie. Pepper's Ghost technology. Even though he wasn't involved in making the Tupac hologram, he has the patent to the technology that did. Are we to assume he just purchased all this stuff without ever attempting to find out what it is and how it works? I don't know about that.

I didn't say he doesn't have basic understanding of how everything works. However as I repeated to the millionth time, what he "purchased" (nope licensed) is the technology to play a hologram. Regardless of what he knows about holograms, doesn't change the fact that he knows absolutely nothing about if the MJ one was a body double or CGI. At most he can offer his opinion on that. He cannot provide proof or confirmation. All he can provide is speculation. This is a guy that admitted during hearing that he actually didn't know what they would be using to play the hologram and he was making an assumption - hence why lost the request for the injunction. So he doesn't even know what they would use to play it but he knows how they made it? That's really trying too hard to make him fit to your confirmation need.

And every opinion is fine. It's totally fine if you think it's a body double. I did mention this before that this is not something I liked either. But I personally wouldn't use a proven liar to back up my opinion - because guess what it only makes your argument weaker. You have nicely listed several stuff. I would recommend to stick to them rather than claming Alki "confirmed" anything or trying to portray his involvement as something it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back