Michael Jackson v. Wade Robson, a new trial to be held

How do we know this was a fan and not someone reed paid to show up?

A lot of so called "fans" are really haters and guilters who have infiltrated the fan community. They are all over reddit and other sites and even on sites like this as well.
This is a good point. There was that plant from Jimmy Kimmel's show that went to the 2005 trial and wore that t-shirt with Michael's mugshot on it, and the media thought he was an actual fan (or at least, they presented it that way).

If these aren't plants, then yeah... not good. I'm actually mildly tempted to sign up for Twitter to tell them off, and I never thought I'd have to do that.

The fans dressing like Michael outside the courthouse isn't helpful either. Sigh... either they're new or ignorant. Or both.

I'm actually weirdly relieved that a trial date wasn't set yet. I do hate waiting, but it eases my mind a tiny bit that nothing concrete is happening yet.

Thanks for posting this, Fuz. Really interesting. Don't mind me, just wanted to post the full statement bc of useful info right at the end.

"IMPORTANT: "A lawyer for Jackson’s companies said during the hearing that her clients plan to waive a three-year speedy trial rule because she believes the case won’t be ready for jurors until after December 2026. She said the trial likely would last more than 20 days with dozens of witnesses." Estate is looking for December of 2026 or later for trial."

According to Rolling Stone magazine the lawyers for WR / JS are pushing for the trial to take place early in 2025 before the biopic comes out.

Does anyone know if Jin Chohan was there too, the one doing the documentary "Trial By Media: The Michael Jackson Story"?
He wasn't. He did apply for media coverage but like DR, was denied. He posted this update on his gofundme.

With the recent hearing at Beverly Hills Courthouse regarding the WR/JS v Estate lawsuit, I applied for media coverage. The judge denied my request as he did others – he didn't allow the hearing to be recorded. If in the future the trial judge allows media coverage I'll for sure be putting my request in to document the trial, as I have in the past.

For those who haven't donated, pleas do. He's doing great work and we need his coverage to make sure we can refute DR.

I need to go on a bit of a rant

So apprantly some fans showed up outside the courtroom dressed up like Michael. I really wish they wouldn't do this because doing so only fuels the fire of Michael Jackson fans being a bunch of brainwashed lunatics that shouldn't be taken seriously. There's nothing wrong with fans dressing up like the people they love but there's a time and place for things like that, and outside a courtroom is NOT one of them. This isn't a tribute show ffs!

Fans can be their own worst enemy on times.
This is so true. This kind of thing can be used against fans and all of us. As someone who had to stay quiet during a time a project I worked on was getting falsely accused for something we didn't do. Its sometimes wise not to feed the people who are trying to frame you as a bad guy.

Egghead Dan certainly wanted that...

can someone explain to me why egghead is interacting with a mj fan????? hes making mj to be a pedo and hes talking to an mj fan.......i dont get it

As much as i dont want this to take attention away from the movie 2025 is better so we can get this stupid trial over and done with
Fair point but ... I dunno ...

Problem is the lawyers want it to be early 2025 bc, according to them, the biopic team is 'rewriting history'. That's the quote I saw in the Rolling Stone piece. DR said the same thing recently.

MJ Estate attorneys on Leaving Neverland unused footage: "Further fact discovery related to Leaving Neverland: After most fact discovery in this case was taken, Wade Robson participated in Leaving Neverland, a four-hour film detailing his allegations against Michael Jackson. Defendants understand that Robson is participating in a follow-up film regarding the same subject. In the film, Robson made numerous statements that were inconsistent with testimony in this and other matters. Defendants intend to pursue discovery of Robson and his family members, along with others who participated in the film. Robson’s credibility is crucial to this case, where the only other alleged “witness” to his supposed abuse (Michael Jackson) is deceased. Defendants expect Robson and others to object to this discovery and it is likely the Court will need to intervene.
Defendants also believe there are significant amounts of unused interview footage with Plaintiff (and the plaintiff in the related case, James Safechuck) that will demonstrate additional inconsistencies between Plaintiff’s claims and his later recitations of the alleged abuse, again going directly to Plaintiff’s credibility. But Defendants do not currently know the custodian(s) or location(s) of the footage. Depending on the particular custodian and location of the footage, one or more subpoena recipients may assert privilege objections that could involve intricate choice-of- law issues requiring pre-trial motion practice as well."

Here's an earlier post from @andjustice4some

"MJ Estate attorneys on why they want Complex Litigation Program: "Many of Plaintiff’s allegations regarding what the entities’ employees observed are based on decades-old testimony and declarations from other cases or (unsworn) interviews with law enforcement or the media. The nature of Plaintiff’s theories of liability, the decades-long gap between the alleged misconduct and Plaintiff’s bringing of his claims, and Plaintiff’s participation in a 2019 film, Leaving Neverland, will create complicated discovery, law-and-motion, and trial issues."

This one is really interesting

"MJ Estate: Reason #1 for Complex Litigation Program: Leaving Neverland. "Regardless of the Court’s decision on whether to consolidate the matters for trial, there will be discovery issues that need to be addressed related to Plaintiff’s involvement in a highly publicized film, Leaving Neverland, in which Plaintiff reiterated the substance of his allegations against Mr. Jackson. Plaintiff’s allegations differed materially between his statements in his complaint and those in Leaving Neverland, however. Defendants believe there are significant amounts of unused interview footage with Plaintiff (and the plaintiff in the related case, James Safechuck) that will demonstrate additional inconsistencies between Plaintiff’s claims and his later recitations of the alleged abuse, going directly to Plaintiff’s credibility. But Defendants do not currently know the custodian(s) or location(s) of the footage. For those custodians in the United States, depending on the particular custodian’s location, one or more subpoena recipients may assert privilege objections that could involve intricate choice-of-law issues requiring pre-trial motion practice as well."

This one follows on from the one posted by @Fuzball

"MJ Estate attorneys on discovery: "Before this case can be tried, there are numerous discovery issues and legal issues that need to be addressed, making it impractical to have this matter ready for trial within 12 months. ...The deposition of third- party Charli Michaels remains open and needs to be completed. Robson’s deposition was also left open. As discussed below, however, there is extensive additional discovery needed as a result of Robson’s participation in the Leaving Neverland film."

Speaking of the egg there are fans interacting with him on Twitter. I wish they'd realise that they're playing right into his hands. Like I said before, fans can be their own worst enemy on times.
I can easily see Reed showing these Tweets in LN2 as part of his narrative. I wish these fans would realize that them harassing him is exactly what he wants them to be doing.

He’s not going to be on here, guys. I remember reading an interview where he said he didn’t know “Billie Jean” was a Michael Jackson song until fans blasted it outside his office- so he really doesn’t know anything about Michael beyond the allegations. Do be careful on Twitter, though.

He’s not going to be on here, guys. I remember reading an interview where he said he didn’t know “Billie Jean” was a Michael Jackson song until fans blasted it outside his office- so he really doesn’t know anything about Michael beyond the allegations. Do be careful on Twitter, though.
Yeah sure 🤣 This is just another Dan Reed lie. This guy was born in 1964 there is no way he never heard Billie Jean or didn't know it was a MJ song until a few years ago. Where did you read that BS?

Back