Michael Jackson's father: Singer couldn't have done 50 concerts

I read in the media some time back (a couple of weeks before Michael died) that he had told fans he was worried about the 50 shows and said he had only intended to do 10, and that he would have preferred to do a world tour instead. Was there any truth to that at all? I haven't heard it brought up since and I've been wondering about it alot.

I doubt if anyone would have forced Michael to do more shows than he wanted to, nobody gives him credit for having a mind of his own. We trashed stories, refused to believe them regarding his financial problems, drug problems, the family being kept away and these stories are now turning out to be more credible than we ever thought, so it is possible Michael was under pressure to do more than he would have liked, but I think the pressure was the lure of more money, and the demand. I can't see that an average of 3 shows a week was beyond him, but we just don't know.

I am sure Joe loved his son and is greiving but he is also loving the spotlight again, and he needs to stop being so selfish and keep his mouth under control. He is not doing his son, or the kids any good at all.

Joe is not the first person to say Michael did'nt want to do 50 shows. Some other guy said the same thing a few days ago.

Joe Jackson is really annoying me. All his cronies are out talking nonsense. They were the ones trying to get Michael to do a concerts with them. Yet because they couldn't get on the gravy train, now that he is dead, they are all screaming foul play and that they knew he wasn't well etc. Please! Some of them saying they couldn't get into his house. I was like WTF why would he let all of you people into his house, he knew damn well what you all were up to.

didn't Joe early on say Michael was fine and nothing was wrong with him?? he was rehearsing for the shows and looking forward to the performing and that's why his death was suspicious??
Didn't Jermaine say he was fine??

Now he wasn't fine??

didn't Joe early on say Michael was fine and nothing was wrong with him?? he was rehearsing for the shows and looking forward to the performing and that's why his death was suspicious??

Now he wasn't fine??

I think Jermaine was trying to protect his image. Jermaine also said he did'nt know anything about Michael using drugs and now we find out there were intervention attempts by the family and Letoya is saying Michael was murdered.

Pretty soon I might start making a Joe Jackson voo-doo doll. That guy is just unbelievable :huh:

Considering the dates, I don't think 50 was such a monstrous figure either. And like others have said, what difference does it make if they were 10 or 50? Michael would have had the same amount of preparations and rehearsals in both cases. Either way, it doesn't matter any more now.

I have noticed there are 2 camps - those from AEG and some close friends, claiming that he was anxious to start, and some family (ugh) and dodgy people claiming he didn't wanna do all of them.

Now, this is pretty disturbing, cause on the one hand, it would benefit AEG to say that Michael wanted to do them, but on the other hand, they were the ones who spent the most time with Michael in the past months. So truly, they should know best, right?
Most of those who said Michael wasn't up to it had barely seen him recently, so how could they know?

I'm having a very hard time making out who's talking out of interest and who is doing it out of genuine care. Nothing seems to add up any more.

I read in the media some time back (a couple of weeks before Michael died) that he had told fans he was worried about the 50 shows and said he had only intended to do 10, and that he would have preferred to do a world tour instead. Was there any truth to that at all? I haven't heard it brought up since and I've been wondering about it alot.

the sun tabloid printed that
but it never happened

for one thing MJ woudl never tell his fans he didnt want to
do his job performing and or his personal business dealing
with AEG _ MJ never discussed his business with fans
just his art ... and visions

I cant even in my strangest dream imgaine MJ telling a fan that
its ridiculas .. he never discussed things of that nature with fans
only the positive things he wanted to do _ It was tabloid crap -

10 shows was just testing the waters _most people understood that
50 shows were not to much it averaged ONLY 3 shows a week with no
travel _ plus a week break and then a 3month break _it was over
time - not a gruling every day performance _ he even had a home
to rest and for privacy - no hotel prisons _ it was set up perfect

I dont believe for one second that he would ever tell a fan
he didnt want to do those show _EVEN if it was true

He wouldnt reveal his personal business and call his ability
to perform those shows into question _ that would be STUPID

ILL NEVER NEVER NEVER Beilieve that he said that :smilerolleyes:
Thats NOT MJ ...

I dont trust
Latoya :doh: Joe Jackson :no: Leanard Rowe :scratch: Bryan Oxman :smilerolleyes:
never have .. they all have had questionable characters
and motives for thier actions through the years ... and have
all caused MJ harm and BIG problems _

I think it sounded all the time while he was rehearsing as if it went fine. And the video of him dancing looked fine to. Ok, maybe he didn´t dance quite as fast as when he was young(which was really fast) but as good as one could expect for a 50 year old. I am 35 and I couldn´t do that. Eigher way I think Joe should stop talking. He has already said he hopes Paris and Blanket will have a future in the entertainment business as well.

Another thing. Have you noticed "he who should not be named´s" reaction to the LaToya iterweiv? The ATV catalouge has been in danger for I don´t know how many years according to him and now suddenly it isn´t.

Another thing. Have you noticed "he who should not be named´s" reaction to the LaToya iterweiv? The ATV catalouge has been in danger for I don´t know how many years according to him and now suddenly it isn´t.

Yes
"he that shall not be named" shhh did an about face
he always stated Mj was Being held for ransom
by that catologue and never admitted it was his
was greatest asset and safeguard -

but when Mj was alive everthing his did was reported
as wrong and weird and questionable and that he was
completly broke _

it seems alot of people base whatever joe jackson says on him being a chidl beater and money grabber..he was those things..but that doesn't mean everything he says is going to be untrue and unloving towards his kids...people really need to step back and not hate on EVERYTHING he says or does merely because of what image you have built up of him..

I myself in no way feel michael wanted or ever was going to do 50 shows..sorry 50 ! I don't care how spaced out there were..its quite clear that the money signs were in the eyes of the promoters once they saw the 10 sell out..I Think possibly michael didn't read the contract..its not as if he hasn't been sued for contracts before...

50 SHOWS IN ONE VENUE, ONE COUNTRY, a residency for that long ...michael jackosn? sorry no way..i believe as he said i think..he wanted to do 10 then take it round the world..michael is not type of performer to stay on one place that long..not travelling one last time..he is prob te most intense peformer..so for him to do 50 is almost impossible...even at 25 it would have been tough for him..no no i feel aeg had some blood on their hands for being greedy and not thinking clearly..I say again...50! that is soo many hours performing...messed up sleeping patterns...confusion..etc..at 50? naa sorry ...something don't add up...he signed for 10 or thought he did..michael is not a prince who could do a residency and be comfortable...michael needs change and if you look at al his tours that is what he does, spaced out change...

joe jackson is his fathe..he would know bette than us i reckon...on this matte neway..that a fact

I agree with you michael4eva. Joe might have been harsh on MJ but that doesn't mean whatever he said is not out of caring for MJ. He cares about his son even though he loves to make money using MJ. Thing is he loves MJ more than the leeches sticking to MJ.
I feel so sorry for MJ to be surrounded by these greedy people including his own family.

Now he wasn't fine??
He was fine doesn't mean he is capable of doing 50 shows. Hello! it's 50shows, MJ was a 50 year old you know? You thought he's 25? Even I at 25 can't run for 30min straight without feeling like passing out!Do you all don't have any medical or health related knowledge? You think he's a superman or what?

I doubt if anyone would have forced Michael to do more shows than he wanted to, nobody gives him credit for having a mind of his own. We trashed stories, refused to believe them regarding his financial problems, drug problems, the family being kept away and these stories are now turning out to be more credible than we ever thought, so it is possible Michael was under pressure to do more than he would have liked, but I think the pressure was the lure of more money, and the demand. I can't see that an average of 3 shows a week was beyond him, but we just don't know.

I am sure Joe loved his son and is greiving but he is also loving the spotlight again, and he needs to stop being so selfish and keep his mouth under control. He is not doing his son, or the kids any good at all.

You really don't understand MJ, do you? MJ was easily persuaded into doing something he didn't want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His close friend said that! Not saying he's a fool but he put too much trust on people and was easily talked into doing something he may not want to do!!!

Last edited:
50 was a hell of a lot, but 'back to back', they weren't back to back. There were 2/3 a week, with some gaps of 5 days and then a whole 3 months.

10 shows or 50 shows - I don't think that would multiply rehearsal time.
Michael would have done the same pre-show rehearsal time for 10 shows as for 50 shows.
It would only be once the concerts started and passed the 10 show mark that any trouble would have appeared, surely.

I think MJ was old and wise enough to not be easily talked into something, give him credit. He'd been in the business practically all his life, and has been very successful, you don't get where he is by being stupid. He could have felt pressured yes, but ultimately it would be down to him to make the decision. Which is why I don't undertand how he is quoted as saying 'I went to bed knowing I was doing 10 and woke up to the news I was doing 50' or something like that... how can that be right, could they really make these decisions without him?

I am starting to think something suspicious was going on, but I don't know what..

I suspect now, like doctors have said, and from things I've seen, that Michael may have been visiting the clinic to help him come off the painkillers he was on... he was possibly recieving methadone on each visit. Then with his doctors advise he took something...but he was no longer as tolerant to because of his 'detox', so the dose which would have previously been ok, was now lethal. But we can suspect all we want, we just need to wait for the toxicology report...if we even ever get it.

Last edited:
joe and latoya is errkin me for real.

Whether joe feel like michael shoulda been doing 50 don't mean michael COULDN"T DO 50. Michael was hyped. Im sick of some of all of this.

He was fine doesn't mean he is capable of doing 50 shows. Hello! it's 50shows, MJ was a 50 year old you know? You thought he's 25? Even I at 25 can't run for 30min straight without feeling like passing out!Do you all don't have any medical or health related knowledge? You think he's a superman or what?

You really don't understand MJ, do you? MJ was easily persuaded into doing something he didn't want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His close friend said that! Not saying he's a fool but he put too much trust on people and was easily talked into doing something he may not want to do!!!

If Michael wasn't capable of doing 50 shows then he wasn't capable of doing 1 show.
The shows were not back to back and he had a pretty signficant break after the first lot of shows....
And if that's the case then why was Joe trying to get Michael to do the show in Texas... A live show is a live show whether its with his brothers or solo.
and just because you can't do something doesn't mean other people can't
Madonna is on tour right now and was on tour last year with just as many shows and hers is a traveling show which is worse than the gig MJ had.
She's 50, Tina Turner toured at what 60 something??
So you need to calm down..

Honestly, I think MJ probably wouldnt have been able to do all 50 shows? Why, he was very thin. When you go on tour you need to bulk up a bit muscle wise because performing a 2-hour show you will lose weight. And MJ hadnt toured for a long time. He would have had to undergo a rigorous workout routine, coupled with diet to help build muscle and stamnia. And according to reports he didnt attend many of the rehearsals and was anxiety worried about the tour and doing 50 shows. I think he agreed to do 10 and then AEG talked to him and signed him up for more and it just got out of control.

I don't know what is wrong with Joe Jackson. It's as if he wants to sue AEG so as to get millions.

Michael could have done these shows. He had 30 shows up till September, with 3 shows a week, then a 3 months break

October
November
December

Then 20 more shows.

There were even gaps of 5 days without a show.

So this "back to back" misconsception is wrong.

This was going to be the most comfortable thing for Michael. Maybe the world tour later would have been stressful, but this thing had been spaced out well.

Yes! Exactly! I really think people have to be stupid to not notice that! 50 shows in 8 months without travelling! It doesn't really come more comfortable than that! Just have a look at other artists touring schedules!

Again, the problem with the media and fans was: most of the articles were untrue...but some were true...it just happens that this one was true...but fans couldn't distinguish of course (who can now or ever when it comes to MJ) and we dismissed everything...sad...

Us dismissing that story or not would have not made any difference.
To intervene in this would have been impossible for any fan.
That would have been up to the people close to him.

Another thing; being 50 and being 50...........people can run marathons in their 50s. Its not about age, its about what kind of shape you are in......

Ok - WHY are people still on about the fact that he couldn't have done 50 shows? It was 50 shows over a span of FIVE months. That's only 10 shows a month. In ONE city - no traveling. It would have been no different than doing a cardio workout a few times a week in a gym. I really don't see why everyone was so unsure that him being able to make it. I genuinely do NOT believe that his death was due to him doing 50 shows.

Ok guys, stop arguing over whether Michael could do the shows. Thats all water under the bridge now...Besides, it's not the issue here.

Even though it's not all that important, I'll weigh in on this briefly by saying that Elvis performed 57 shows in 4 weeks at the international hotel in vegas (1969 I believe)...and this was when he was older, less healthy, and attempting a comeback after not performing for several years.

50 shows spread over 6 months for michael isn't that far-fetched.

But that's beside my point...The issue is why Joe is saying these things. Whether MJ could do it or not, I dont feel it's Joe's place to cast shadows over MJ's abilities post-death. Joe is clearly casting doubt as a cash-grab. Thats the issue.

Lets not bicker over something that is relatively unimportant compared to the grief of michael's family (at least the ones who feel the pain). Lets bow our heads for them, stop speculating and celebrate the music/humanitarian we care about so dearly.

By buying into this speculation, we're feeding the cycle, and in my opinion giving Joe more ground to sell his myths to the highest bidder. We're feeding this by even speculating.

Instead, lets question Joe's actions of making the comments. Thats the issue.

Ok guys, stop arguing over whether Michael could do the shows. Thats all water under the bridge now...Besides, it's not the issue here.

Even though it's not all that important, I'll weigh in on this briefly by saying that Elvis performed 57 shows in 4 weeks at the international hotel in vegas (1969 I believe)...and this was when he was older, less healthy, and attempting a comeback after not performing for several years.

50 shows spread over 6 months for michael isn't that far-fetched.

But that's beside my point...The issue is why Joe is saying these things. Whether MJ could do it or not, I dont feel it's Joe's place to cast shadows over MJ's abilities post-death. Joe is clearly casting doubt as a cash-grab. Thats the issue.

Lets not bicker over something that is relatively unimportant compared to the grief of michael's family (at least the ones who feel the pain). Lets bow our heads for them, stop speculating and celebrate the music/humanitarian we care about so dearly.

By buying into this speculation, we're feeding the cycle, and in my opinion giving Joe more ground to sell his myths to the highest bidder. We're feeding this by even speculating.

Instead, lets question Joe's actions of making the comments. Thats the issue.

I agree with what you said about Joe casting shadows on MJ's abilities post-death and I'm not likin it.

But with all due respect, you can't tell people to stop speculating in a speculation forum.

Second, incessant grieving is not healthy. I've had my good share of cries and days in bed since June 25th, so I need to keep my mind busy with other things... like chatting with other people on a Michael Jackson forum. I don't think we're bickering, and I don't think our discussion is unimportant. Yeah, celebrate his life and what he's achieved, but it's also super tragic that he left us so early - we're allowed to be frustrated and discuss things.

Back