Michael Jackson's home is on the market again

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-hotprop-michael-jackson-20120320,0,2145471.story
Pop star's last L.A.-area residence, a French chateau in Holmby Hills, is listed at $23.9 million. He was leasing the 17,171-square-foot Richard Landry-designed estate when he died there in 2009.

By Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times
March 20, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

Michael Jackson's last Los Angeles-area residence, a French chateau in Holmby Hills, is back on the market at $23.9 million — $400,000 above what it was listed for last summer.

The pop icon was leasing the 17,171-square-foot mansion for $100,000 a month when he died there in 2009 after receiving the surgical anesthetic propofol for insomnia. His doctor, Conrad Murray, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in November and sentenced to four years in prison.

"Crime scenes have a perceived stigma," said real estate consultant and appraiser Randall Bell, whose work has taken him to the homes of O.J. Simpson and Jon Benet Ramsey. Such houses take longer to sell, he said, and usually close at a market discount of between 10% and 50%.

In the short term, they are always easier to lease than to sell, he added. "After five to seven years, you are typically going to see a full recovery."

The property was purchased in 2004 by Hardy chief executive Hubert Guez and his wife, Roxanne, for $18.5 million and had been priced as high as $38 million in 2008.

The Richard Landry-designed estate, built in 2002, has a theater for screenings, a wine cellar and tasting room, an elevator, an art studio and a gym with a spa. The guesthouse has stained-glass doors leading to the pool and gardens. There are 11 fireplaces, 7 bedrooms and 13 bathrooms. The 1.25 acres of gated grounds include a swimming pool.

Mauricio Umansky of the Agency in Beverly Hills is the listing agent, according to the Multiple Listing Service.

I said it before and I'll say it again,...anyone that would want to buy the house that Michael died in..is just plain creepy..imo...sorry..I could never...:(

This is about the second or third time they've tried to sell it, with no luck the previous times. It's true, what the real estate consultant says.

This is about the second or third time they've tried to sell it, with no luck the previous times. It's true, what the real estate consultant says.

Yes, it is true. No one wants to purchase a home that someone died in. But then this is Michael Jackson we're talking about here. I know he's human like everyone else but...

^^Yeah I was going to say the same thing. They tried to sell it before, and fans were calling as potential buyers so they could tour the house. I think another reason for it remaining of the market, is because of the economy too. To me, this is actually a house where a murder took place, although it looks very beautiful.

Yes the house from the outside looks very beautiful and from the pictures we saw it looks beautiful on the inside. It's right off a busy street; Sunset Boulevard if I remember correctly. There are quite a few neighbors as well. I don't know if I could buy the house knowing what I know, but that is me.

I thought is about Neverland as i read the title. now that doom house shoud be doomed! what happened to it anyway?

I saw pics of the house in the Daily Mail. It's a spectacular house. Beautiful. A house for those who have really big pockets. Not for us, mere mortals. It's not only an expensive house to buy. It's a very expensive house to keep.

Yes the house from the outside looks very beautiful and from the pictures we saw it looks beautiful on the inside. It's right off a busy street; Sunset Boulevard if I remember correctly. There are quite a few neighbors as well. I don't know if I could buy the house knowing what I know, but that is me.

It's actually very quiet there, there's a lot of 'green' separating you from the carload of the busy streets. You kind of turn into the residential neighborhood and it becomes very quiet- almost dark, too. These mansions are not super duper lit at night, either. I remember driving through there and it seemed quiet and dark. No cars parked alongside the road (all inside their garages).

I was actually quite surprised how quiet the whole neighborhood appeared- knowing that just a few minutes away everything is basically hopping day and night. Quite the contrast.

Pace that is true. I read before that even though it is close to the busy traffic, it is surprisingly quiet on the street based to how it is designed. We all know that Michael would not live in a place where you can hear a load of noise from the outside.

Is mj to blame for absolutely everything? As petrorose pointed out, the fact the house hasn't sold just might have something to do with the fact in the last 5 yrs the US housing market has been in a worse slump than in the great depression. The house is just overpriced. If it wasn't selling, you don't take it off the market for a few months and put it back on for another $400k while prices are still falling. It's just shameless the way the estate agent is using mj to drum up some publicity for this house.

For us, of course its a special house, and I guess for some people it's weird to live in a house where someone died. I don't think I would care though. I wouldnt wish to live in the house where Michael died, just because it would be excruciatingly sad for me.
Personally it's not my kind of place, I'd rather buy Neverland if I had the chance. More my style. But equally out of my reach. Lol

Robbie Williams To Buy £15m Mansion Michael Jackson Died In?

Robbie Williams has apparently got his eye on the house where Michael Jackson died.

Undeterred by the $23.9m (£15.1m) price tag, the singer was spotted at the Holmby Hills mansion on Thursday, TMZ exclusively reported.

The seven bedroom, 13 bathroom pad is only being viewed by buyers who can prove they have enough cash to afford it, something Robbie, who is worth around $149m, (£94m) will have no trouble with.

The house - where Michael lived with his three children until his death in June 2009 - has been on and off the market seven times since the singer passed away.

The price has dropped again since the last time it was up for sale when the asking price was $29m. This is way down on the $38m which it was sold for back in 2008.

It features the luxury of an outside pool, a guest house and even a lift.

Last year the contents of the house went on sale and fetched nearly $1m at auction.

Among the things sold were a chalkboard which Michael's children had written "I love daddy" on and an armoire upon which MJ himself scrawled a message.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ansion-michael-jackson-died-in_n_1379093.html

Robbie Williams has said in past interviews he never really was a Michael Jackson fan so maybe he just likes the house?

This is not a Michael Jackson house, it's just the place he temporarily lived. Whatever...

There goes TMZ again always finding out or learning something or adding to something. Sometimes the house has 8 bedrooms and other times it has 7. Well news need variety I guess. I wonder who bought the board with his children's message of love on it. I have always been saddened that such a thing did not go to his children. Oh well....

I know it's only bricks and mortar but I'm not sure I'd like to live in a place where such a terrible tragedy occurred.

It's zillow home of the week:

The real estate agent says he met Michael & his wife's family grew up with him.. a small world.

E news did a tour too, did anyone see it?

Mauricio Umansky Gives E! News Tour Of 100 N. Carolwood Drive

The Agency’s Mauricio Umansky gave Giuliana Rancic of E! News a tour of The Agency’s listing at 100 N. Carolwood Dr. last Thursday. The 17,000-square foot grand estate, located in prestigious Holmby Hills and listed for $23.9 million, is garnering considerable media attention around the world as pop icon Michael Jackson’s last residence.
The E! cameras followed Mauricio and Giuliana throughout the home and its lush landscaped surroundings, showing television viewers such highlights as its grand movie theater for screenings and the charming (and large) kitchen, which Mauricio admits is his favorite room in the 7 bedroom/13 bath (and 12 fireplaces) home.
While the Richard Landry-designed French Chateau estate is noteworthy on its own, Mauricio knows that the home’s notoriety as the place where Michael Jackson tragically passed away will — and has already — become a major storyline associated with the listing. Last week, he spoke candidly about the challenges of representing such a famous home with Zillow.
“It is what it is. There’s no need to hide it,” Umansky told Zillow. “Michael Jackson was an amazing human being — he changed music as we know it. Unfortunately, he passed away. It doesn’t take away from the house.”
Mauricio also revealed his personal ties to Jackson.
“I knew him and my wife [Kyle Richards] has been friends with Michael Jackson since she was 8-to-10 years old. And I personally think there’s some great energy in the house and I see it as a major positive. I’m excited to be selling it.”
View a clip from the E! News home tour above or here.
View our listing page for 100 N. Carolwood Drive, including photos of the home, here.

listing here- many pics, bed where Michael died still there.:(

http://www.theagencyre.com/for-sale/100-n-carolwood-holmby-hills/

Last edited:
being a fan has nothing to do with it i believe. MJ might not have owned it but he took his last breath there. and that fact is universally known. the house will be hunted for decades. Michaels death is still fresh

It's zillow home of the week:

The real estate agent says he met Michael & his wife's family grew up with him.. a small world.

Yeah his wife Kyle is on the real housewives of beverly hills and her sister is Kathy Hilton.

It is a beautiful house. It's just hard to know that Michael died there. I know this is irrelevant but if true it's too bad if Robbie Williams not a fan. I know not a big deal but too bad.

Last edited:
Back