Michael Jackson's Impersonator? Anyone?

Dutchie;3400408 said:
Why would watching a video change our view on impersonators?
For me personally, my opinion is based on personal experience and watching a video or two will not change that. Having personally interacted with (an) impersonator(s) has influenced me in a negative way and I do not approve of them, nor like them. Simple.

http://tumichael.com/2011/06/17/“dancing-the-dream”-season-1-all-of-you-are-winners/
http://tumichael.com/2011/05/22/dancing-the-dream-let-mjs-spirit-burn-within-your-moves/

Excuse me but HAVE U EVEN TAKEN A GLANCE at LEAST ONE of those videos?! And if possible, pls read my writing also

"For me, this contest is already a dream become true. I have always dreamed of a contest in which we can dance to Michael Jackson’s music totally. And yes, I dream a dream that Moondancing will become a trend that more and more people will practice, perform and maintain the legacy of The King of Pop, for his image is always in our hearts. Oh, my beloved Moondancers, do you know what I love and admire most in this “Dancing the dream”? Beyond the feeling full of excitement while watching you rule the stage, I love the way you are offstage. You all return to your own personallities with innocence, bright smiles, harmony. I love the way you join your hands as if there had never been any competitions."

"Vietnamese Moondancers, do you know what made you all unique? It is neither your beautiful outfits nor incredible dancing skills, yet they are still important. One can afford expensive outfits if they have enough money and willing to pay. Dancing skills are various. Practice makes perfect. With enough amount of practice, anyone can do the Moonwalk. And you are Moondancers of different age, gender, proffession. Thus, I myself will not appreciate those who show-off Moodancing moves throughout a performance, or compare who does the Moonwalk more smoothly. There is something much more imporant, it is the PASSION within your dance moves as well as the INSPIRATION you can deliver to others!"

I dont know why u editted ur post n i havent read it, but pls understand, we - moondancers - follow our passion to dance, to maintain MJ's legacy... no offense to u. n for me, i dont copy exact moves of MJ. pls see this http://adf.ly/2lENE

Don't like most of the impersonators I've heard of/seen, and I can't dance so I can't exactly impersonate him. However, I did see one who was halfway decent (at least by small act standards) at Six Flags--he was dancing to "Ghosts," which I thought was awesome, since most of them would probably do "Thriller," or an equivalent song everyone and their mother knows.

With that said, I do tend to dress up as him from time to time. I don't know if that counts. ;)

dressing up like Michael and dancing like him and making money off of it...

There is nothing wrong with that, if you can pull it off than a person should feel free to do it.. Dancing like Michael in my opinion is like someone learning how to do any other dance style.. Michaels dance is a combination of several styles into one..

For example the Waltz came from what Montaigne wrote of what he saw in 1580.. It came from SOMEONE a couples set moves and style.. Several years later its a dance style that everyone knows of as a DANCE style and no one looks at a couple saying.. "OMG they are copying that one couple in 1580 and its pathetic they can't get there own style"..

Dancing like Michael gives a feeling, a feeling that no other dance can.. I am a hip hop dancer that started off dancing ONLY like Michael.. I can tell you even when I am dancing or creating a dance of my own, there is something about just doing it like Mike.. The feeling of even standing there doing a little shoulder jerk.. ahhh it makes me feel amazing.. It may be because I did it since I was 3 years old and it became my true style.. when its so embedded in you its what your style becomes..

Its to the point where I am not sure if its that I love dancing like Michael and can pick up the detailes that most overlook because naturally my body wants to move in simular ways, or if its like I said something I did since I was 3 that it became natural for me.. Whatever the reason its Natural for me.. When I am messing around dancing around, or doing little moves in the store even, I dont even notice that its an MJ move.. It's just me!!

We all learn traits and gestures from our parents, friends, family.. And when you are a child indulging yourself into Michael Jackson and your home life isnt very (not what it should be).. He emotionally and mentally is around as much as family and without realizing you can pick up characteristics.

Now I personally believe too many impersonators try to become Michael and purposely change themselves to become Michael.. Like the wig mentally never comes off.. Those impersonators creep me out. There is a difference between someone that puts on a wig and outfit to do what they love doing (dance and do it up like Mike) and a person that wants to be him.. There is a fine line.. There are some impersonators that live there life and go to work and no one would guess they impersonate, and some it takes over there life.. its honestly sad and it has to be a comination of idol worship, lack of self identification, and/or self hate towards themselves or living conditions.

Why would watching a video change our view on impersonators?
For me personally, my opinion is based on personal experience and watching a video or two will not change that. Having personally interacted with (an) impersonator(s) has influenced me in a negative way and I do not approve of them, nor like them. Simple.

I NOW REALLY understand you Hun :ciao:
I've got a BAD and personal experience too with an MJ impersonator...
An :evil: wrapped in a pretty paper...

I perform the odd tribute to remind people of his music, legacy and his message. I rehearse SO much because I think it's vital to pull it off. I never make money from it. I have got a tribute coming up and I'm doing the Billie Jean TII outfit with the lights,I can't wait!

I'm doing the Billie Jean TII outfit with the lights,I can't wait!
have u ever tried putting BJ outfit on and perform who is it? :)

I hope that u guys here like my performance and please support my effort in spreading Moondancing to others.
Thank u!
L.O.V.E

Tu Michael

I for one have never did like the MJ impersonators too much. Though I do like E Cas some what. I even remember a long time I even accidentally mistook him for Michael at one time. And this is coming from someone who's been a MJ fan since the early 80s. And even though I can't dance I did impersonate Michael quite a few times. This is back when we still had him. Only because I had felt like it. I even have a black fedora and quite a few of his rhinestone gloves.

Eddie D lite . Apple G . Colby Jackson .
Some very nice people there.

Most of the Smooth Criminal impersonators really bug me because they never do the dance right.

Impersonators can never live to what Michael is. Some exploit the fans. Earnest Valentino has been accused of harassment and also in a lawsuit for extortion after asking money to start a concert tour and not actually doing it. He doesn't even sing live; he usually lipsyncs to MJ (which I find to be okay) but in some concerts he had a a backup vocal singer that sings for him. There are also similar allegations against E'Casanova for telling girls to strip on webcam. I have a lot of respect for singers who actually sing live, but Michael Firestone is a bit overhyped (though he puts his own flare to performance), but he also recorded vocals for Edward Moss so that he can make people think he sings live as well, like Earnest Valentino did. It disappoints me how they also make this "illusion" of singing live by getting others to sing for them.

I'm a Michael impersonator,and I've never made a single penny!I do it because it's fun and it takes a lot to impersonate Michael,from the make-up to the physique(which I don't have),and even the costumes.One day,I do hope that I get my own show and perform as Michael because I enjoy it.The thrill,the adrenaline,and the entertainment.I wouldn't even want the money(obviously I would need it to pay for better costumes,but besides the point).I do it because it's honoring someone I look up to.

Impersonators can never live to what Michael is. Some exploit the fans. Earnest Valentino has been accused of harassment and also in a lawsuit for extortion after asking money to start a concert tour and not actually doing it. He doesn't even sing live; he usually lipsyncs to MJ (which I find to be okay) but in some concerts he had a a backup vocal singer that sings for him. There are also similar allegations against E'Casanova for telling girls to strip on webcam. I have a lot of respect for singers who actually sing live, but Michael Firestone is a bit overhyped (though he puts his own flare to performance), but he also recorded vocals for Edward Moss so that he can make people think he sings live as well, like Earnest Valentino did. It disappoints me how they also make this "illusion" of singing live by getting others to sing for them.
Funny you mention Firestone,because I personally know him,and I believe he's one of the best Michael's in the world.

I appreciate them if they appreciate Michael
Interesting thread bump :lol:

I might be going against what I posted in this thread earlier, but that's some strong allegations you're making against both Valentino and E Casanova.

Unless you are speaking from personal experience, I don't think it is fair to comment on something you don't know anything about.
The 'extortion' you're referring to is nothing but a mix up between two parties and not fair on Earnest Valentino's part.
E Casanova I can't comment on because I simply don't know anything about him.

Also, while I am here I want to apologize for the rude remarks I have made about Earnest Valentino in this thread as it was uncalled for and not necessary. He is a nice guy with good intentions who loves Michael with all his heart and really, that is all that matters. He does not deserve to be judged by people who don't know him.

Back