Michael Jackson’s Vanity Fair Cover voted the Best in magazines 100 yr History

Re: VOTE for Michael Jackson Cover - 100 Years of Vanity Fair

I tried on my computer, work computer and ipad, but can't vote anymore for Michael or Katy Perry, who I was voting for every 30 minutes or so yesterday. but I can vote for people I haven't voted for before. I think they've blocked me because I overdid it yesterday! I suppose it's because they want to make it fairer for people going for the prize. Hopefully it's blocked for people who were multiple voting for Pattinson too.

I think the best thing is for people who can still vote, to do it the right way and just vote once per day, that way they'll get their vote counted and won't be blocked.

Anyway, I am happy that I was able to contribute to Michael getting to #1 :D

I cannot vote either :-(

I don't think it's related to mass voting.
I have only voted for MJ about 5 times since this poll started, so I don't think that would qualify for exclusion under some block voting policy they may have, but it won't let me vote today. Didn't yesterday either. It's a technical problem with their site IMO.

Because of the overwhelming response to Vanity Fair’s century-spanning cover contest—a competition in which you can rank your favorite magazine covers—we’ve extended voting until Friday, November 22. As of today, Michael Jackson’s December 1989 cover and Robert Pattinson’s April 2011 cover lead the pack with 46,657 votes and 45,613 votes, respectively. Both were photographed by Vanity Fair contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.

So far, legions of fans have campaigned for their favorites throughout the competition. What’s at stake? One lucky voter will win a stay at the London Edition hotel, while the subject of the reigning cover will be treated to a special photo retrospective on VF.com.

..., while the subject of the reigning cover will be treated to a special photo retrospective on VF.com.

Presumably the 'special photo retrosepective' is already ready. And it is NOT about Michael Jackson.
Think about there was a short time with Pattinson on the first place. Maybe V.F. was presumable MJ Fans would boycott this competition and so they calculated without Michael.
Or Maureen Orth is in holidays and nobody knows to write these nice things about Michael as M. Orth?

#MJFam: Helpful Tips for Voting for Michael’s Vanity Fair Cover

First and foremost, we did it, #MJFam. We got Michael into FIRST place by getting him nearly 30,000 votes in just ONE week.
Unfortunately, this accomplishment has come at a price. Since Michael took over the first place spot for most favorite Vanity Fair Cover of All Time, fans have begun experiencing troubles with voting.

We cannot focus our energy on the whys and who’s. We must be diligent in promoting this event by encouraging any fan still able to vote…to vote.
Here are some tips for those experiencing problems voting.

Internet Explorer Users:

1. Delete Cookies
  2. Clear Browser History
  3. Close Our Browser
  4. Restart Browser
  5. Click here to go to VF’s site to vote for Michael: http://www.vanityfair.com/100-years-of-vanity-fair/covers
  6. Select “All” then select “Sort By Votes”
  7. Click on Michael’s Vanity Fair Cover
  8. Click Vote and then WAIT at least 60 seconds. The ‘Thank you for voting” is delayed. It is possible VF’s servers are having trouble with keeping up with the amount of traffic to their servers which is causing a delay for the votes to go thru. SO, even if you think your vote didn’t click, give it at least a minute and see if the Thank You message pops up. Fans have been receiving these thank you messages at a delay.

IMPORTANT:
You can no longer vote every 5-10 minutes via Internet Explorer. VF has caught the glitch that allowed multiple votes and has since then fixed the glitch and when you attempt to vote more than once, you will receive an updated message that states you can only vote for ONE cover, ONCE a day.

This means, if it has NOT been 24 hours since you last voted, you will not be able to vote. Best way to make sure you’re hitting past the 24 hours before you vote again is to keep track of the time you vote or to vote at a designated time each day.

Also be advised, that it is possible that if you are among those who voted every 5-10 minutes, VF has probably placed your IP address on a time out. Just keep trying the process above, but don’t panic. Your fellow MJ fans have kept Michael’s lead strong and steady…WE GOT YOU!

For Chrome Users:
There is a delay between the time you hit the ‘vote’ button and when the ‘thank you’ message appears. Please allow at least 60 seconds to pass after you hit ‘vote’ for the thank you message to appear before closing out your tab.
For all other devices and browsers, general voting instructions:

1. Go here: http://www.vanityfair.com/100-years-of-vanity-fair/covers?mbid=social_retweet
  2. Select “All” and “Sort by votes”
  3. Click on Michael’s cover
  4. Click “Vote”
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds for “Thank You” message to appear.

You can vote for Michael’s cover ONCE a day. Make sure it has been at least 24 hours since you last voted!
Shamone #MJFam, let’s keep Michael in first place!

Source: http://onerose4mjj.tumblr.com/post/66975017568/mjfam-helpful-tips-for-voting-for-michaels-vanity

Not to scream conspiracy but I find it weird they published a new article right after Michael reached 1#, I'll keep voting anyway.

Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair’s Best Cover
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...-jackson-robert-pattinson?mbid=social_twitter
Photographs by Annie Leibovitz.
Left: Michael Jackson's December 1989 cover; right: Robert Pattinson's April 2011 cover.
Because of the overwhelming response to Vanity Fair’s century-spanning cover contest—a competition in which you can rank your favorite magazine covers—we’ve extended voting until Friday, November 22. As of today, Michael Jackson’s December 1989 cover and Robert Pattinson’s April 2011 cover lead the pack with 46,657 votes and 45,613 votes, respectively. Both were photographed by Vanity Fair contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.
So far, legions of fans have campaigned for their favorites throughout the competition. What’s at stake? One lucky voter will win a stay at the London Edition hotel, while the subject of the reigning cover will be treated to a special photo retrospective on VF.com.
Browse through hundreds of choices here, and be sure to vote for your favorite. Remember, voting ends next Friday!

UPDATE: We've noted complaints about other technical issues in the voting system. To clarify: Users may only vote for the same cover once a day. We are aware of technical issues and are actively working to solve them. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you Annita

Vanity Fair has posted an update on their article. They are aware of the voting issues and are trying to resolve them.

UPDATE: We've noted complaints about other technical issues in the voting system.
To clarify: Users may only vote for th
e same cover once a day. We are aware of
technical issues and are actively working to solve them. Thanks for your patience!

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2013/11/covers-contest-michael-jackson-robert-pattinson

Hmm, well I voted again today (took about an hour of error messages for it to finally 'accept' the vote)...but the count has not gone up. Seems stuck on 47851.

Edit: Seems to go up in leaps rather than 'ones'...10 mins later is at 47937....good!

Last edited:

Thanks for the information.I only vote once a day, as well. The site is still having technical issues. I've tried, several times, to make my daily vote, but it isn't working.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to vote for 2 days. Just tried again - no luck. MJs photo doesn't even appear in the vote panel. I think it all stinks - if MJ was ahead why did they extend the date. VF do not want MJ to win.

I could be totally wrong here, but I don't think VF want Michael to win either. I don't get why they had to extend the voting for another whole week. and now a lot of people are having a hard time voting for Michael. like I said I could be totally wrong here about them and I hope I am. but if they really are doing this on purpose so Michael wont win. I find it so unbelievably disgusting

Last edited:

Please read the update from Vanity Fair above.

They are aware of the voting issues that ALL are experiencing. Not just Michael Jackson fans.
they are trying to resolve it. They are asking voters to be patient.

Please read the update from Vanity Fair above.

They are aware of the voting issues that ALL are experiencing. Not just Michael Jackson fans.
they are trying to resolve it. They are asking voters to be patient.

thanks, and I really hope they resolve the problem.

I try to vote for Marylin, I can confirm I have the same issue, it's not only for Michael's votes :( - Despite this, the rate seems to get higher :)

I have tried to vote all day and it finally let me vote!! I won't stop trying either :)
#ItsAllForLOVE

Its fixed now!!!:D Everybody back to work :clapping:

Its fixed now!!!:D Everybody back to work :clapping:

Why would Vanity Fair not want MJ to win ? I honestly can't see much of a legitimate reason. As many users, including I, have reported, the voting problems have been happening with all of the magazine covers, not just MJ's. So stop trying to make it sound like a 'conspiracy' or anything, because it's obviously not.

And for the record, I too was just able to vote for MJ just now. I waited a few seconds and then it told me I had voted ^_^

Yes I think they resolved the Issue - It seems to be working now. :)

Michael is in the lead on this, and on NME's 'Greatest Music Video Of All Time' polls, glad people still realise what true music is

Why would Vanity Fair not want MJ to win ? I honestly can't see much of a legitimate reason. As many users, including I, have reported, the voting problems have been happening with all of the magazine covers, not just MJ's. So stop trying to make it sound like a 'conspiracy' or anything, because it's obviously not.

And for the record, I too was just able to vote for MJ just now. I waited a few seconds and then it told me I had voted ^_^

I have no idea about any conspiracy and wasn't even thinking that. But I do know for a fact that they have people on their staff who can't stand him and printed articles that Neverland was a trap for little boys and Michael had lots of cows sacrified and bathed in their blood to put curses on people and
B.S. like that. They printed multiple slanderous articles on him. It was sick. So yeah, it wouldn't be totally out of the realm for them not to want him to win. Maureen Orth anyone? Part of me wonders why the heck any of us are even clicking onto their site. But we want him to win and show that he still rules.

I didn't even realize other people were having trouble voting for others when I posted.

But now that it's working, I'll give it another try.

Last edited:

"Next Friday" means Nov. 15 , or the next week?

I finally could vote...

relief.gif

Michael almost has 50, 000 votes, YAY :woohoo:

It worked and I voted. Just you are allowed once a day right?

yay - voted:wild:

Finally just voted again. Why the dislike for MJ so much???? What was there to not like. There must be something wrong with these people.

Back