Please Vote for Michael Jackson !
http://www.vanityfair.com/100-years-of-vanity-fair/covers

Last edited:
Re: VOTE for Michael Jackson Cover - 100 Years of Vanity Fair

Voted for Michael and Marilyn :heart:

Voted!!! For Michael then Marilyn! :clapping: :punk: :clap:

The title of the thread should be changed, Michael WON! :woohoo:

The votes are in and our dear readers have deemed Michael Jackson’s 1989 Vanity Fair appearance, photographed by Annie Leibovitz, the best cover in the history of the magazine.

Considering the King of Pop’s competition—hundreds of Hollywood stars, heartthrobs galore, and gorgeous Art Deco illustrations from another era—we’d say a celebration is in order

. As a thank-you to all the Jackson fans who voted, we’ve put together a collection of moments in the rising star’s career that led up to that legendary cover. Click below to see the performer rise from 12-year-old musical prodigy to unstoppable stage presence.

BY ALYSSA BEREZNAK NOVEMBER 22, 2013

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/11/michael-jackson-photos-career

We're a major force and we did it guys, :clapping: to all of us! We made Michael prevail once more!

I just Voted again for Michael .... and Marilyn It's 2:08 AM EST in USA so maybe it's not over yet till 12:00 midnight??? Even so, they're declaring Michael WON! :clapping:

MJFam MJJC There's a comments section where VF declares MJ the WINNER #! of All Time - Perhaps we should celebrates to show the world MJ WON! :clapping:

I'm in the U.S. and I'm still yet able to vote for covers.

Last edited:
:clapping: :clap: :jump: :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Who wouldn't want to vote for him:)

tumblr_lxv03cglpn1r8mxero1_500.gif

WE'RE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED with, MJFamily rule :) Michael will always be the king of art, music, dance, humanity.. he slays everything!!!! :woohoo: congrats Michael :D

I hate Vanity Fair for giving home to those utterly vile and biased Maureen Orth articles, and I did not vote out of principle, but that pic is by far more iconic than any other, that's for sure. I love that photo series by Annie Leibovitz.

And I'm glad that dispite of my fear VF did not write a vile article about it.

Congratulations Michael - our effort has been successful!

Michael Jackson Voted Best Vanity Fair Cover Star of All Time

<label>by</label> Vanity Fair

<figure class="media width-300 float-right">
.i.1.covers-contest-michael-jackson-vanity-fair.png

Photograph by Annie Leibovitz.
<figcaption class="caption">Michael Jackson on 1989 Vanity Fair cover.</figcaption></figure>

After months of voting, readers have selected their favorite Vanity Fair cover of all time: our December 1989 issue featuring Michael Jackson, shot by contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The King of Pop faced some stiff competition. The winning issue was up against covers from over a century, ranging from portraits of classic Hollywood icons, Jazz Age illustrations, heartthrobs, and such pop queens as Lady Gaga. Robert Pattinson&#8217;s Cajun-inspired April 2011 cover came in at second place, bolstered by a zealous group of dedicated Twihards.

Other popular covers included Kristen Stewart in couture on our July 2012 issue, a sultry Marilyn Monroe on our October 2008 cover, David Duchovny&#8217;s June 1998 cover, and Audrey Hepburn&#8217;s May 2013 issue.

To honor our winner, we&#8217;ve put together a slide show of important moments in Jackson&#8217;s career that led up to our 1989 cover. So c&#8217;mon, jam on it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2013/11/michael-jackson-best-cover-winner?mbid=social_tumblr

They should do a special 100th Anniversary edition featuring that image of Michael on the cover :D

qbee;3932663 said:

<label>by</label> Vanity Fair

<figure class="media width-300 float-right">

<figcaption class="caption">Michael Jackson on 1989 Vanity Fair cover.</figcaption></figure>

After months of voting, readers have selected their favorite Vanity Fair cover of all time: our December 1989 issue featuring Michael Jackson, shot by contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The King of Pop faced some stiff competition. The winning issue was up against covers from over a century, ranging from portraits of classic Hollywood icons, Jazz Age illustrations, heartthrobs, and such pop queens as Lady Gaga. Robert Pattinson&#8217;s Cajun-inspired April 2011 cover came in at second place, bolstered by a zealous group of dedicated Twihards.

Other popular covers included Kristen Stewart in couture on our July 2012 issue, a sultry Marilyn Monroe on our October 2008 cover, David Duchovny&#8217;s June 1998 cover, and Audrey Hepburn&#8217;s May 2013 issue.

To honor our winner, we&#8217;ve put together a slide show of important moments in Jackson&#8217;s career that led up to our 1989 cover. So c&#8217;mon, jam on it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2013/11/michael-jackson-best-cover-winner?mbid=social_tumblr

:dancin: He won! ^.^ Yay!

Happy to hear that, but I went on that poll and I could still vote! I don't understand, the poll is still open. Why it's not closed if the winner is announced?

Is the same to you?

qbee;3932663 said:

by Vanity Fair

Michael Jackson on 1989 Vanity Fair cover.

The King of Pop faced some stiff competition. The winning issue was up against covers from over a century, ranging from portraits of classic Hollywood icons, Jazz Age illustrations, heartthrobs, and such pop queens as Lady Gaga. Robert Pattinson’s Cajun-inspired April 2011 cover came in at second place, bolstered by a zealous group of dedicated Twihards.

Other popular covers included Kristen Stewart in couture on our July 2012 issue, a sultry Marilyn Monroe on our October 2008 cover, David Duchovny’s June 1998 cover, and Audrey Hepburn’s May 2013 issue.

To honor our winner, we’ve put together a slide show of important moments in Jackson’s career that led up to our 1989 cover. So c’mon, jam on it.

This is awesome! :)

Back