Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

Re: Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (maybe MJ related)

Few years ago I really cared about charts and promotion and stuff like that. Nowadays I'm just happy if we get an album with actual Michael Jackson vocals. I just don't want mix of songs from various eras and producers (like MICHAEL album). An all Brad Buxer/MD Prince/Neff-U album would be the most amazing album ever. Just listen to JT's new album. It's amazing! One producer for all songs and you get that feeling of listening to an album and not a compilation of songs.

I think that the most important is a good album for all fans to enjoy! But is always nice to spread MJ's legacy around the world, and I think if it's done right, we can get it in the top of the charts.

I think that the most important is a good album for all fans to enjoy! But is always nice to spread MJ's legacy around the world, and I think if it's done right, we can get it in the top of the charts.

Of course. But vocals first, then quality. And then chart success will come on its own. Brad Buxer & MD Prince are the right people for the job. Neff-U would be great addition to the team because he worked on a lot of these songs with MJ and MD Prince in 2009.

Of course. But vocals first, then quality. And then chart success will come on its own. Brad Buxer & MD Prince are the right people for the job. Neff-U would be great addition to the team because he worked on a lot of these songs with MJ and MD Prince in 2009.

Michael did not work on any songs in 2009...

I would like that. Estate would mess it up for sure. MD Prince, Brad and Neff-U should do the whole project by themself without Estate and Sony, and then offer it to Estate and Sony as a finished product that just needs to be released. Or the Estate is involved, but they don't want to build euphoria to early, so they lied to Gaz?
I don't think they are allowed to use Michael material, his name and likeness in any project without the Estate's permission.

Few years ago I really cared about charts and promotion and stuff like that. Nowadays I'm just happy if we get an album with actual Michael Jackson vocals. I just don't want mix of songs from various eras and producers (like MICHAEL album). An all Brad Buxer/MD Prince/Neff-U album would be the most amazing album ever. Just listen to JT's new album. It's amazing! One producer for all songs and you get that feeling of listening to an album and not a compilation of songs.

I'm thinking like you :yes:

The daughter of Michael Prince with Michael, History-concert in Munich

bildschirmfotomo7ya3epgv.png

Michael did not work on any songs in 2009...

Yes he did. Neff-U tracks and RedOne tracks (2008-2009).

Neff-U tracks:
Bang Your Head, Broken Chair, D.I.E., Don't Make Me Stay, For The World, H2O, Lady Of Summer, Red Eye, Silent Spring, Stop Throwing Your Life Away, Water.

All songs written by Michael Jackson, Michael Durham Prince & Theron Feemster. And many of those titles appeared on the list of songs in MJ's house.

I don't think they are allowed to use Michael material, his name and likeness in any project without the Estate's permission.

Read again what I wrote:

"...and then offer it to Estate and Sony as a finished product that just needs to be released."

They can do whatever they want with the material that is in their possession (just like will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins are doing, probably RedOne too.) They can mix it, remix it, finish it... they just can't release it publicly.

But again, maybe they are working on the Estate's new project and Estate lied to Gaz.

now that they allowed MD to say it directly( although it was pretty obvious before) i think we are waiting for the official announcement very soon :D

now that they allowed MD to say it directly( although it was pretty obvious before) i think we are waiting for the official announcement very soon :D

This thread will blow up over the next day or so. I would think announcement soon new single may and album June. Probably a dream but sounds good. I got goose bumps when I read that post! and soon new tracks from MJ will be coming! Yes!. It's been a long time coming. Most likely some of the new tracks will be used in the ONE show. Makes sense anyways.

Nobody get mad at me but I am just thinking if it's too soon for a new album. With the cirque shows and everything happening and they just did bad 25. I don't want people to get sick of Michael or anything like that with too many things.

Nobody get mad at me but I am just thinking if it's too soon for a new album. With the cirque shows and everything happening and they just did bad 25. I don't want people to get sick of Michael or anything like that with too many things.

I don't think it's to soon. Not many people new about Bad 25 and pretty much no one new about the Michael album which is a good thing. Now is good time. The time will be as good as the tracks are I would think. If they are strong the album will sell without a doubt. We probably should not get our hearts set in a whole new album. It could possibly be 3 to 5 new songs and then his classics. The album might very well end up being called ONE who knows.

I don't think it's to soon. Not many people new about Bad 25 and pretty much no one new about the Michael album which is a good thing. Now is good time. The time will be as good as the tracks are I would think. If they are strong the album will sell without a doubt. We probably should not get our hearts set in a whole new album. It could possibly be 3 to 5 new songs and then his classics. The album might very well end up being called ONE who knows.

In a agreement I will say I don't think it's to soon for an Album of New songs but I dont think it will be mixed with already released classics ... Unless they do another Anniversary Album like T25 and BAD25 ..

But I kindly disagree with the latter of your statements
Maybe you weren't tuned in to the MJ fan world at that time .. But Saying that not many people knew about MICHAEL Album. That's like saying not many people knew about MJ's death or the TII movie. Anyone who was a fan of Michel Jackson knew about that album as well as anyone hooked into the music world as a fan of any current artists. That Album was being discussed on every music website and other artists fan boards around the world as well. Just Look at our archives ..

Certainly someone knew about it because ,The album debuted at number #ONE in Germany and Austria, Italy, the Netherlands, and Sweden. It debuted at number three IN USA Billboard 200. The MICHAEL ALBUM went "Platinum" in 18 countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, France (2x), Italy (2x), Spain, Denmark, Poland, Russia(2x), Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic (5x), Canada, India (2x), China, Taiwan, Korea and the Middle East. And Michael went Gold in 18 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and Sweden. _

Also I would speculate, In fact I'm certain that Title "Michael Jackson #ONE" will be the soundtrack Album for the "Michael Jackson #ONE" Cirqe Du Soile show, Just as IMMORTAL is the Sound track for "The Immortal World Tour" which would be produced by the likes of Kevin A-tunes and not the a Title for a new song album.

I wont make any bold statements about what they are working on becuase we have no info yet .. but Here's a question. Could MP and BB be working on unreleased tracks from the Thriller era, for the 30th Anniversary being Estate just Registered the Copyrights for "The Greatest Album Ever Sold" ?

I wont make any bold statements about what they are working on becuase we have no info yet .. but Here's a question. Could MP and BB be working on unreleased tracks from the Thriller era, for the 30th Anniversary being Estate just Registered the Copyrights for "The Greatest Album Ever Sold" ?

Good point. I wouldn't think they would release a new album and a Thriller package.

This is the first time in months I've really screamed to hear about a new Michael Jackson album/song. I am SO excited.

The way I see it, the Estate COULD have lied to Gaz. Like it's been said, Justin Timberlake was recording his new album for six months and his team continually denied that he was working on any solo material. And let's not forget that NO ONE knew about David Bowie's album. The Estate could have lied to drop our expectations and then BAM. Announce a new album/compilation. Personally, I'm glad Michael Prince FINALLY admitted it.

All I can say is that, if you're right, it wouldn't make sense. Brad and Michael weren't even around for the Thriller album, so they honestly shouldn't be allowed to do anything with the album. Look at Bad 25; they brought back Matt Forger, who was an assistant engineer on the demos and the album as a whole, not to mention that the fans react more positively to untouched music. Michael and Brad should only be allowed to work on music they were around for (Dangerous onwards). (I'm not saying they can't do the job, I'm just saying it's only fair.)

I looked back at the registration website. There are audio/visual registrations for Thriller, Mark Worlds and Neverland Ranch, amongst others, dating way back to September 2009. Just because it's a recent registration doesn't mean that it's the next project. You never know... maybe it's just trademarking the name or something?

I see you point. but like you , I'm just speculating and asking .. what others thought

I see you point. but like you , I'm just speculating and asking .. what others thought

Of course! Doesn't hurt to speculate. :) Just, now it's amazing. Assuming we're talking about a new album in all, with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince on board, this feels like the first new TRUE Michael Jackson album. Of course we gotta wait to see what happens, but things look promising so far.

Yes he did. Neff-U tracks and RedOne tracks (2008-2009).

Neff-U tracks:
Bang Your Head, Broken Chair, D.I.E., Don't Make Me Stay, For The World, H2O, Lady Of Summer, Red Eye, Silent Spring, Stop Throwing Your Life Away, Water.

All songs written by Michael Jackson, Michael Durham Prince & Theron Feemster. And many of those titles appeared on the list of songs in MJ's house.

Though many of those titles showed up in Copywright registrations, I don't think it's ever been confirmed that they're actual songs. For all we know, Michael had those planned for some inevitable recording session, but never got the chance to complete them. And you can just take Water off that list, Michael didn't work on any song called Water, and the H2O title that he worked on with Neff-U is something actually different from Water, I believe.

Neff-U also recorded some spoken word pieces with Michael, as seen in the Making Of "MICHAEL" video. Realistically, he could've titled any one of those. If so, we could get some spoken word as opposed to an actual song.

Though many of those titles showed up in Copywright registrations, I don't think it's ever been confirmed that they're actual songs. For all we know, Michael had those planned for some inevitable recording session, but never got the chance to complete them. And you can just take Water off that list, Michael didn't work on any song called Water, and the H2O title that he worked on with Neff-U is something actually different from Water, I believe.

Neff-U also recorded some spoken word pieces with Michael, as seen in the Making Of "MICHAEL" video. Realistically, he could've titled any one of those. If so, we could get some spoken word as opposed to an actual song.

^

This.

Michael Durham Prince was asked to remove his tweet. It's gone.

Michael Durham Prince was asked to remove his tweet. It's gone.

Message to the crap we (MJ fans) have been put thorugh. (Cascio debate, shows that never were, and now this).

3r66jx.jpg

Maybe the estate wanted to surprise fans with news later and MDP went ahead too early?
No biggie.

I want to address some misinformation about the legal situation. Some people are saying:
- that the Estate would have no say in Michael Durham Prince's project and they wouldn't need to as long as they are paid royalties
- that if several people contributed to a recording and if these people represent a majority, they could release this work without the other contributor's permission[/QUOTE]

Two words for this: Not true.
The distribution right grants to the copyright holder (for Michael's work: The Michael Jackson Estate) the exclusive right to make a work available to the public by sale, rental, lease, or lending. This right allows the copyright holder to prevent the distribution of unauthorized copies of a work.
[In addition, the right allows the copyright holder to control the first distribution of a particular authorized copy.]

Six current examples:
1) In 2009 Bryan Loren announced he would release unreleased tracks from his work with Michael Jackson. He was not granted permission by The Michael Jackson Estate and instead only put already leaked tracks ("Serious Effect" & Co.) on his MySpace account - they cut him a break for doing so.

2) There's a song named "She Was Lovin' Me" by Mark C. Rooney that Rooney along with Taryll Jackson (who did some additional work on it) couldn't get released because it was rejected by The Michael Jackson Estate for the "Michael" compilation album.

3) Also remember how Barry Gibb was first seeking permission from The Michael Jackson Estate in order to release "All In Your Name" as The Michael Jackson Estate is the copyright holder for Michael's work in this collaboration.

4) Paul Anka's releasing another version of "This Is It" which he also performed on concert with audio from MJ's studio sessions. He was granted permission by The Michael Jackson Estate as an apology for the credits mistake as they were unaware of his contribution to the recording.

5) The Jackson family, Dieter Wiesner and other people are in possession of unreleased recordings, spoken poems and audio tapes etc. They are unable to release them because The Michael Jackson Estate have not granted them permission.

[6. Eddie Cascio's US Copyright Office registrations of the controversial songs concerning Michael's participation only became valid retro-actively [= date of application] with The Michael Jackson Estate's approval - as all parties have to agree on the registration. This has been explained by me previously.]

Royalties only play a role when a work has already been released in some form. You can usually distribute a cover version and a performing rights society is collecting royalties for the copyright holder(s). [The copyright holder also can deny a cover version, sample usage etc. under certain circumstances.]

It's totally wrong to conclude that because, say, 3 people worked on a song, only 1-2 of them could release the work without the 3rd one's approval (in this case The Michael Jackson Estate as legal successor of Michael). Michael Jackson IS the artist of these songs, anyone contributing to his work will always need his (The Michael Jackson Estate's) approval.

There would only be a difference if the artist would not hold any copyright to his work (eg if a third party, most commonly a record company, would hold the copyright right) but that's not the case with Michael Jackson.

To anyone wondering whether The Michael Jackson Estate is involved in the "secret project".
As copyright holder they also own the reproduction right on Michael's work (copying hard drives etc., taking elements from one song into a new song aka copy-paste jobs) and the right to make a derivative work of Michael's work (new mixes, new music etc.).

By way of comparison:
If you own a Michael Jackson CD yourself, you only have the non-exclusive right of use on this particular copy which means you can listen to it, create a safety copy, editing the audio etc. for yourself, sell/rent/bin it. That's it. You are not granted any exploitation or distribution rights.

Last edited:
my ideal album would be 5 from 2005-2007 & 5-6 from 2008-2009 :) can't wait for whatever it is though, BRACE YOURSELF :D

my ideal album would be 5 from 2005-2007 & 5-6 from 2008-2009 :) can't wait for whatever it is though, BRACE YOURSELF :D

Let's just hope this is legit and the Estate is involved just for the simple fact I pray this project is not shut down. I believe our prayers are about to be answered. My gut feeling is MJ is going to rock our world one last time. That time is now! Summer songs my dream.

Back