Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

Re: Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (maybe MJ related)

You mean to tell us, that sony (a worldwide business & global player) granted the estae a contract worth up to 250 million $ (200 million guaranted) without checking on what the estate can bring to the table?

Then i would say the estate really made a helluva deal. Getting 250 million $ for some leaked and only very incomplete stuff. Big ups to estate once again.
First they fooled sony into a contract lifting them of 250 million $ for not much (in your regards).
Then they fooled half the fanbase with faked songs.
A treacherous pack it is which MJ installed as his successors...

Your post makes sense.
Wasn't there many un-released songs registered with BMI, so I suppose they do have material, finished or partly finished.

Your post makes sense.
Wasn't there many un-released songs registered with BMI, so I suppose they do have material, finished or partly finished.

We just don't know how many tracks are left. We are all just speculating. Let's hope there is plenty left to release. One thing we do know is MJ will not be making any more material.

We just don't know how many tracks are left. We are all just speculating. Let's hope there is plenty left to release. One thing we do know is MJ will not be making any more material.

:( :no: :no: :(

:cry:

Wasn't there many unreleased songs registered with BMI, so I suppose they do have material, finished or partly finished.

There were 21 songs registered by December 2009, along with multiple more in early 2010. Most songs by Brad Buxer could have been recorded at any point from 1989 to 2008 (I Am a Loser dates to 1999) while material with Neff-U must have been between 2006 and 2009. Most songs have two versions registered (one for songwriting and one for the actual recording). We don't know how much material is finished though.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Smooth72

Thats the most painful thing bout all of this :(

I can't wait. Sony. We want NEWS. : DDD

A spring 2013 release date is very likely; Michael Prince started working on it shortly after Bad 25 was released; that's a good three/four months of work. Brad Buxer didn't join until later in 2012.

A spring 2013 release date is very likely; Michael Prince started working on it shortly after Bad 25 was released; that's a good three/four months of work. Brad Buxer didn't join until later in 2012.

I think it will take maximum 6 months to rework/complete these songs. So maybe in May/June we'll got a new album.

I think it will take maximum 6 months to rework/complete these songs. So maybe in May/June we'll got a new album.

I would imagine it would take around that time... but I'm anticipating an announcement by the end of February/beginning of March.

I would imagine it would take around that time... but I'm anticipating an announcement by the end of February/beginning of March.

May/June release would be a dream. IDK but summer time music just makes sense in this case. Music makes memories and so does summertime. Give us a new single in May and album in June. I just want 1 great dance track. I think they could attract the younger generation with a great new dance track, with a hard hitting baseline. They must have at least one. we are talking about Michael freakin Jackson after all!!! The King. Getting a little ahead of myself eh? Can't hurt to dream!

May/June release would be a dream. IDK but summer time music just makes sense in this case. Music makes memories and so does summertime. Give us a new single in May and album in June. I just want 1 great dance track. I think they could attract the younger generation with a great new dance track, with a hard hitting baseline. They must have at least one. we are talking about Michael freakin Jackson after all!!! The King. Getting a little ahead of myself eh? Can't hurt to dream!

I'm sure there's gonna be a few good dance tracks out there. Assuming he and the Estate made some kind of agreement, I'm sure RedOne is the number one choice for quality club ready material. (Although considering that he only has four songs complete enough for release, we can't really expect any more than one song, if any.) Rodney Jerkins is the second good choice.

-----------------------

Don't mean to stray off topic, but I have a few questions for anyone who may know. I haven't talked to my source in some time and I need to ask this soon. This information will be compiled into a PDF file describing all known unreleased songs (in the same sense of Joe Vogel's Man in the Music, only focused on unheard stuff) that should be released for free by the end of spring.

a) Shut Up and Dance was worked on primarily with Michael Durham Prince and Eric Kirkland in 1999. The US Copyright Office registration holds the exact same names. There are two other songs registered with the US Copyright Office with both names present: Beatbox 2010 and I Love You More. Now, logically, wouldn't this make both songs Invincible-era outtakes? And can anyone comment on how complete they are? And how complete are either song? (I'm fully aware that SUAD can not be released as a full song.)

b) About how many songs recorded from 2002-2009 are even remotely complete enough for release? Can any titles be verified? I remember Stella identifying Rocker as sounding like Queen's We Will Rock You, which is a great little tidbit to know. But what about songs like Changes and Silent Spring and Ghost of Another Lover? (Assuming the latter is from the above era.)

c) A video file named If You Got It, Bring It was registered. From what I've been told, this is studio footage from an undetermined period of time. Can anyone verify?

d) What is Michael's most profitable era in terms of releasable unreleased material? Based on what I've compiled, my guess would go to the Invincible era (1998-2003) which has 49 titles.

e) As a prerequisite for the PDF file, I went through around a dozen websites and fan boards, writing down any unreleased title I could find. As of now, this is how many titles I have:

Off the Wall (1975-1980) - 15 known titles
Thriller (1981-1984) - 32 known titles
Bad (1985-1988) - 25 known titles
Dangerous (1989-1993) - 33 known titles
HIStory (1994-1997) - 5 known titles
Invincible (1998-2003) - 49 known titles
This Is It (2004-2009) - 21 known titles
Unknown/Unconfirmed - 81 known titles

The unknown/unconfirmed section is for songs that have no known history but are proven to exist in some form, or songs that are rumored to exist but cannot be confirmed. They are included to make this the most comprehensive list available. Almost every title registered with the US Copyright Office (including songs like Adore You, Silent Spring, D.I.E. and Just Remember), as well as the 50+ titles Michael named in his various court depositions, are in this section of the list. Can anyone give me a good few titles of songs from either of those sources that you have concrete information for? I will gladly e-mail anyone the full, unedited list/s if they ask.

f) What four will.i.am collaborations are complete enough for release? I've been told that I'm Dreamin', Still the King, The Future and Miss You are the four, but I can't be sure.

g) Did Michael really record a song entitled Angel with Babyface in 1998?

If you don't wish to post known information for free viewing, please inbox me. I will gladly add your name as a co-author if you wish. The document is being made to clear all rumors regarding unreleased songs and give the community an understanding of what we can expect to see released in the future, as well as what we won't be seeing.

With Bad 25 only a few months ago, the Bad 25 dvd on the horizon and the new Cirque show opening in May, which they might even do another soundtrack for, I can't see a new album happening until the end of the year because of market saturation. That being said they probably won't do much promotion because it won't be a big seller anyway. Maybe they will just release it quietly for the fans.

With Bad 25 only a few months ago, the Bad 25 dvd on the horizon and the new Cirque show opening in May, which they might even do another soundtrack for, I can't see a new album happening until the end of the year because of market saturation. That being said they probably won't do much promotion because it won't be a big seller anyway. Maybe they will just release it quietly for the fans.

That's true. I don't see another Cirque soundtrack on the horizon though. At least, I hope not. In my opinion that was a big waste of a project. I love the new mixes for the most part but that could have been used for a new album or DVD set. I could definitely see a new album early this year. Bad 25 was just a few months ago but that faded away pretty quickly. Besides, back in 2010, the Vision set and the Michael album were released just a month apart.

Of course, it's just hope. But hope doesn't hurt.

I'm sure there's gonna be a few good dance tracks out there. Assuming he and the Estate made some kind of agreement, I'm sure RedOne is the number one choice for quality club ready material. (Although considering that he only has four songs complete enough for release, we can't really expect any more than one song, if any.) Rodney Jerkins is the second good choice.

-----------------------

Don't mean to stray off topic, but I have a few questions for anyone who may know. I haven't talked to my source in some time and I need to ask this soon. This information will be compiled into a PDF file describing all known unreleased songs (in the same sense of Joe Vogel's Man in the Music, only focused on unheard stuff) that should be released for free by the end of spring.

a) Shut Up and Dance was worked on primarily with Michael Durham Prince and Eric Kirkland in 1999. The US Copyright Office registration holds the exact same names. There are two other songs registered with the US Copyright Office with both names present: Beatbox 2010 and I Love You More. Now, logically, wouldn't this make both songs Invincible-era outtakes? And can anyone comment on how complete they are? And how complete are either song? (I'm fully aware that SUAD can not be released as a full song.)

b) About how many songs recorded from 2002-2009 are even remotely complete enough for release? Can any titles be verified? I remember Stella identifying Rocker as sounding like Queen's We Will Rock You, which is a great little tidbit to know. But what about songs like Changes and Silent Spring and Ghost of Another Lover? (Assuming the latter is from the above era.)

c) A video file named If You Got It, Bring It was registered. From what I've been told, this is studio footage from an undetermined period of time. Can anyone verify?

d) What is Michael's most profitable era in terms of releasable unreleased material? Based on what I've compiled, my guess would go to the Invincible era (1998-2003) which has 49 titles.

e) As a prerequisite for the PDF file, I went through around a dozen websites and fan boards, writing down any unreleased title I could find. As of now, this is how many titles I have:

Off the Wall (1975-1980) - 15 known titles
Thriller (1981-1984) - 32 known titles
Bad (1985-1988) - 25 known titles
Dangerous (1989-1993) - 33 known titles
HIStory (1994-1997) - 5 known titles
Invincible (1998-2003) - 49 known titles
This Is It (2004-2009) - 21 known titles
Unknown/Unconfirmed - 81 known titles

The unknown/unconfirmed section is for songs that have no known history but are proven to exist in some form, or songs that are rumored to exist but cannot be confirmed. They are included to make this the most comprehensive list available. Almost every title registered with the US Copyright Office (including songs like Adore You, Silent Spring, D.I.E. and Just Remember), as well as the 50+ titles Michael named in his various court depositions, are in this section of the list. Can anyone give me a good few titles of songs from either of those sources that you have concrete information for? I will gladly e-mail anyone the full, unedited list/s if they ask.

f) What four will.i.am collaborations are complete enough for release? I've been told that I'm Dreamin', Still the King, The Future and Miss You are the four, but I can't be sure.

g) Did Michael really record a song entitled Angel with Babyface in 1998?

If you don't wish to post known information for free viewing, please inbox me. I will gladly add your name as a co-author if you wish. The document is being made to clear all rumors regarding unreleased songs and give the community an understanding of what we can expect to see released in the future, as well as what we won't be seeing.

a) I don't think anyone knows.
b) Most of them are complete demos. Whether they are releasable is hard to say. Best Of Joy was practically complete.
c) That is the This Is It dancer audition footage.
d) 1998-2009, probably.
e) The 2009 version For The Record has the best most accurate list.
f) Not sure. I wouldn't listen to what Will.i.am says.
g) I don't think it ever got recorded.

a) I don't think anyone knows.
b) Most of them are complete demos. Whether they are releasable is hard to say. Best Of Joy was practically complete.
c) That is the This Is It dancer audition footage.
d) 1998-2009, probably.
e) The 2009 version For The Record has the best most accurate list.
f) Not sure. I wouldn't listen to what Will.i.am says.
g) I don't think it ever got recorded.

Are you in contact with the estate? You are very confident with your answers.

Let us not forget about the Will.I.Am tracks! Would like to hear them.

I can't wait for a new album.

This time hopefully a record with no questionable vocals, so ALL fans can enjoy and support the album!

Hope the next album will bring the joy back! - the BEST OF JOY only MJ can give!

Are you in contact with the estate? You are very confident with your answers.

Let us not forget about the Will.I.Am tracks! Would like to hear them.

The last I heard Will.I.Am stated in a TV interview he didnt even have the vocal tracks. That MJ kept them separate because he was worried about leaks. Then a tabloid reported he said he would only release them with Katherine's permission. It hard to say what's going on with those tracks.

Guys,

I'm sorry to burst some bubble's, the estate has confirmed to me there is no planned album at this point including covers or any projects involving those mentioned,

Sorry, but as soon as they hint at anything I will let you all know.

Guys,

I'm sorry to burst some bubble's, the estate has confirmed to me there is no planned album at this point including covers or any projects involving those mentioned,

Thanks, Gaz! :)

Guys,

So what now? Another album with soundtrack to the Michael Jackson One show? ; /

Damn, I don't know if I still have energy for anticipating for a new release, every time we get something since MJ passed away was half baked stuff.

Only THIS IS IT was a masterpiece. After that even BAD 25 let me down. The sound quality on the discs is overcompressed and filthy.

I won't even start the 'wembley' VHS discussion.

Guys, don't attack me, I am just tired of it. Maybe I need to accept there won't be any new MJ music anywhere soon.

I'd be surprised if they got 250 million deal and no new music for all these years. Sooner or later there will be a new album IMO. Whether we gonna like it or not is something else. Never before 2010 I thought I would say that but any album with real Michael Jackson vocals on it would be fine. We just need them to do their job and actually promote the things they're releasing.

I just want a new album with RECENT music from MJ, something we should have gotten instead of the "Michael" failiure album.. Preferbly untouched or touched by the producers working with MJ on the songs.

I just want a new album with RECENT music from MJ, something we should have gotten instead of the "Michael" failiure album.. Preferbly untouched or touched by the producers working with MJ on the songs.

Agree!!!

Just my opinion.....

if it's a "secret project", of course they would say "nothing's in the works" LOL

Just my opinion.....

if it's a "secret project", of course they would say "nothing's in the works" LOL

You are right about that but Gaz says there is no planned album currently. I believe that's true. Thanks Gaz. I too wish for new music more than anything. I hate to say it but I need to take a little MJ break as far as news goes wishful thinking usually ends in disappointment. I will continue to enjoy BAD 25! Peace and MJ all.

@ashtanga: are you able to stop posting senseless things like that? please :)
just for overview-reasons..

I never thought emoticons could bother anyone and I don't think they are senseless:bugeyed
Its the way excess ones feeling without words.

From mighty Wiki:D
"Commonly used emoticons or textual portrayals of a writer's mood or facial expression in the form of icons. The Western use of emoticons is quite different from Eastern usage, and Internet forums, such as 2channel, typically, show expressions in their own ways. In recent times, graphic representations, both static and animated, have taken the place of traditional emoticons in the form of icons."

Back