Michael talks about Unbreakable

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
This is my favourite track off Invincible. Where's the love for this track? Truly one of the all time great Michael Jackson songs.

This is what Michael said about Unbreakable back in a radio interview in 2001;

"I've been to hell and back. I have to be honest, and still I am able to do what I do and nothing can stop me. No-one can stop me! No matter what. I stop when I'm ready to stop."

For those of you who haven't heard the interview it's here

9:44-onwards

This is the guy who wrote the foreword to Joe Vogel's book. So if MJ gave him an interview he cannot be so bad.

I heard the interview before but I appreciate your posting for some of us who haven't heard it.
I like the quote too. Matter of fact, I love it everytime he showed some toughness/bad-ass in him.
He always had it in him, but when he expressed it through words, I can feel the strength just oozing out of him.

The interviewer had the pleasant tone and vibe and most of all, stayed respectful towards MJ.
Notice Mike talked a lot and maybe even longer than he thought he would, once he found out that he got a decent interviewer like this.
He didn't talk sh*t or try to sneak-attack or anything. Just kept it informative and warm.
I wish he'd done more interviews like this, I mean, non-mainstream radio (not TV) interviews.
I believe the fact that this was on radio made Mike more comfortable.
When you think back to some of these mainstream TV interviews, it was too much hassle for him to show up and be prepared to be in front of camera. After all of that, he had some BS questions thrown at him.

I love Unbreakable. He was truly a very strong person inside and out and never let any of that garbage hold him back. I don't know how he did it but I love him for it. Even though the song has a "bad-ness" to it, I find it a very inspiring song nonetheless. Definitely one of his best songs. I wish it could be heard more.

Nice interview.

I remember my brother mis-heard the lyrics to the bridge and said "MJ is so full of himself" as he thought he was singing "there's nobody better than me." I had to show him the lyrics from the album booklet to get him to believe that he was singing "there's no way you'll ever get to me."

Unbreakable is my favourite 00's MJ song, along with Speechless.

I love Unbreakable, one of my most listened to song of his :) ..Very powerful song.

Invisible? its invincible lol

Man i miss his voice

Last edited:
Back