Michael - The Great Album Debate

I wonder how Jason and Eddie feel to this day, knowing what actually happened and how insincere they've been.

2104122.jpg

two-mallard-ducklings_35059_990x742.jpg

XD what song is this?

no it's a Cascio track XD

what does it look like the DUCK is doing in the first picture. In the second picture the duckling on the left looks like it's doing the same thing. ok maybe not but you get the point XD

All Right, it's All Righttttt!

I got a premonitionnn...
(Iusedtodream)
OOH GURL IT BURNS, JUST LIKE THE SUNNN!

...I have proof he sang the songs.

Michael loved breaking the news. He told everyone to keep their heads up. He fascinated about monsters. He fell in love.. and all he needed was his kids. He said he'd burn tonight before he'd let them go. But he feared being a black widow.. so he put it in This Is It. Calling out for water.. cause he wrote a deep song about it one night. And then.. He said please stay.. to his girlfriend at the time. She stayed.. and he said, "Te quiero mi amor". Afterwards, he told people he was "all right", but really he was saying he was "ready to win". Cause he was always a soldier boy.

I got a premonition (I used to dream)
And ooh girl, it burns, just like the sun

Whats the point of the Earth Song sample?

^^ Interesting...I haven't read an article yet about the controversy that went into that much detail about the comparisons that were done...and it's a pretty recent article too....not like it's gonna get much attention...

Off topic, but worth the share, I believe...

I tweeted that I would never forget an article and hoped for it not to be true..."The King of Pop last hours", in which he switched to music from The Gipsy Kings. Which was an odd thing for him to do, as that music wasn't his thing (according to author). I also provided a link.

Guess who favourited that tweet?

Canut Reyes from The Gipsy Kings :D.

And I only have 13 followers. Funny thing, Twitter.

I got a premonition (I used to dream)
And ooh girl, it burns, just like the sun

Whats the point of the Earth Song sample?

Lol! I just listened to this and heard that. What a coincidence. I knew it was there but never paid much attention to it. It sounds so different from the rest of the vocals being used in that line too. Lolol..If this wasn't such a slap in the fan to us, the fans, this would be worthy of it's own script as a comedy film.

Lol! I just listened to this and heard that. What a coincidence. I knew it was there but never paid much attention to it. It sounds so different from the rest of the vocals being used in that line too. Lolol..If this wasn't such a slap in the fan to us, the fans, this would be worthy of it's own script as a comedy film.

Agreed. And it just makes the fact that it is not Michael even more obvious. Sad.

Doubters don't hear Michael Jackson on lead vocals. We believe it's someone else. But do you think Michael sang bits of the songs, for whatever reason, in whatever state of mind at the Cascio studio?

Doubters don't hear Michael Jackson on lead vocals. We believe it's someone else. But do you think Michael sang bits of the songs, for whatever reason, in whatever state of mind at the Cascio studio?

Personally, no. I fail to hear any original vocals by MJ at all on any of the songs.

If I did, my opinions on the songs would change dramatically. If MJ sang random clips and sentences, and the producers of these songs then tried to piece them with past vocals, I still wouldn't like the liberties being taken with the music, but I could at least understand it. If you had random bits of MJ singing anything, it would be tempting to try to finish the song up. In my mind, it would then become not a question of fraud or deceit, but of how much creative liberty you feel should be taken with posthumous material.

But like I said, I've never heard what I believe are authentic, original MJ vocals on these songs. The only MJ I've heard on these songs come from his previously released material, some of it blatantly obvious to MJ fans.

I've never agreed with those who say they "hear bits of MJ" in the songs. I never believed the "hee-hee"s on Breaking News were from In The Closet. I've personally listened carefully to these songs many times just out of sheer curiosity and surprise that the fact is that either it is MJ and many of his hardcore fans can't tell, or that it's not him and many of his fans have been fooled. I could understand if one song sounded a little off, but we're talking about 12 tracks where there isn't one single sentence where everyone can agree that the vocals are authentic. 12 songs, not one line.

Naturally, this leads me to question not only whether or not MJ sang these songs, but whether he even knew these tracks existed at all.

But, to go back to my first point - if MJ did in fact sing small portions of these songs, this raises another issue - how bad does something have to sound before they won't release it? I can't imagine how the Cascio tracks were chosen this early on (or at all, really). Will they just release anything at all with MJ's voice? Will they try to create an MJ solo-track out of the snippets he sang over the phone to friends? It sounds absurd to ask that, but then I laughed at the rumors of songs being questioned before the release of Breaking News as well. I thought it was all bogus, made-up stories. I didn't believe the songs were fake, nor did I believe the Jacksons or anyone else was questioning them. It just sounded like a bs story. But, here we are.

Personally, no. I fail to hear any original vocals by MJ at all on any of the songs.

If I did, my opinions on the songs would change dramatically. If MJ sang random clips and sentences, and the producers of these songs then tried to piece them with past vocals, I still wouldn't like the liberties being taken with the music, but I could at least understand it. If you had random bits of MJ singing anything, it would be tempting to try to finish the song up. In my mind, it would then become not a question of fraud or deceit, but of how much creative liberty you feel should be taken with posthumous material.

But like I said, I've never heard what I believe are authentic, original MJ vocals on these songs. The only MJ I've heard on these songs come from his previously released material, some of it blatantly obvious to MJ fans.

I've never agreed with those who say they "hear bits of MJ" in the songs. I never believed the "hee-hee"s on Breaking News were from In The Closet. I've personally listened carefully to these songs many times just out of sheer curiosity and surprise that the fact is that either it is MJ and many of his hardcore fans can't tell, or that it's not him and many of his fans have been fooled. I could understand if one song sounded a little off, but we're talking about 12 tracks where there isn't one single sentence where everyone can agree that the vocals are authentic. 12 songs, not one line.

Naturally, this leads me to question not only whether or not MJ sang these songs, but whether he even knew these tracks existed at all.

But, to go back to my first point - if MJ did in fact sing small portions of these songs, this raises another issue -how bad does something have to sound before they won't release it? I can't imagine how the Cascio tracks were chosen this early on (or at all, really). Will they just release anything at all with MJ's voice? Will they try to create an MJ solo-track out of the snippets he sang over the phone to friends? It sounds absurd to ask that, but then I laughed at the rumors of songs being questioned before the release of Breaking News as well. I thought it was all bogus, made-up stories. I didn't believe the songs were fake, nor did I believe the Jacksons or anyone else was questioning them. It just sounded like a bs story. But, here we are.
I totally agree with your post. That's why I feel a strong dislike for Eddie Cascio and everyone who was involved in bringing these songs out into the world.

I personally don't hear a single vocal from Michael on any of the twelve songs, save for the copy/pasted acapella tracks from his older songs. If Michael recorded anything in the Cascio studio other than Thriller 25 material, I'm sure it would have been used on the songs, no matter how small.

Back