Michael - The Great Album Debate

or I misunderstood. I read it like "yeah you wouldn't buy the book", probably I was reading too much into your brief post.

I'm glad to see it cleared, as well. Although the confusion was enjoyable for a little bit.

I wasn't referring to that old quote from Taryll.

Anyway, Teddy Riley isn't someone who was part of making the songs. He produced them after the fact and sadly turned a blind eye when he realised that his protests were for nothing as the songs would be used regardless of the evidence for them not being Michael. The real guilty party did their deed several months before he, or anyone else, heard them.

Were these songs worked on by MJ-affiliated producers and engineers prior to being purchased by the estate? Or were the songs just pure Cacsio/Porte works when they were purchased? I think someone mentioned here Stuart Brawley worked on songs before they were turned in (though I guess he could have also worked on them after they were purchased, but before they were worked on by other producers). If that was the case, why wouldn't they just be turned over as-is to guys like Teddy Riley and Tricky Stewart to be worked on? I could have misread or my memory could be off though.

Were these songs worked on by MJ-affiliated producers and engineers prior to being purchased by the estate? Or were the songs just pure Cacsio/Porte works when they were purchased? I think someone mentioned here Stuart Brawley worked on songs before they were turned in (though I guess he could have also worked on them after they were purchased, but before they were worked on by other producers). If that was the case, why wouldn't they just be turned over as-is to guys like Teddy Riley and Tricky Stewart to be worked on? I could have misread or my memory could be off though.

Pretty sure they were strictly Cascio/Porte before they were brought by the estate. People made rumors about prior MJ producers working on these songs initially, but I think those were leaks to add to the authenticity debate, like when people were saying "All I Need" was worked on by Burt Bacharach.

EDIT: Yup, Roger Friedman was the one who broke that news.

Pretty sure they were strictly Cascio/Porte before they were brought by the estate. People made rumors about prior MJ producers working on these songs initially, but I think those were leaks to add to the authenticity debate, like when people were saying "All I Need" was worked on by Burt Bacharach.

EDIT: Yup, Roger Friedman was the one who broke that news.

Stuart Brawley was part of the team with Cascio and Porte before they were sold. And Burt Bacharach was indeed brought in to work on All I Need after they were bought.

The songs that were given to certain producers were:

Burn Tonight, Breaking News, Monster - Teddy Riley
Stay, KYHU - Tricky Stewart (also had genuine track Slave To The Rhythm)
All I Need - Burt Bacharach

That's why you'll find that only those songs have two versions ie the original Cascio one and the one produced by the above guys.

And then there is Angelo Montrone, who worked on four tracks that Cascio and Porte gave him three weeks before Michael died. One of these was KYHU. They contained no vocals from Mj whatsoever. This was despite the fact that Michael had supposedly ordered all previous takes destroyed (according to Cascio), because he was so happy with them back in 2007. According to Montrone, these demos were to be worked on ready for Michael to record in London. Long story short: Michael died. Cascio and Porte resorted to plan B.

Stuart Brawley was part of the team with Cascio and Porte before they were sold. And Burt Bacharach was indeed brought in to work on All I Need after they were bought.

The songs that were given to certain producers were:

Burn Tonight, Breaking News, Monster - Teddy Riley
Stay, KYHU - Tricky Stewart (also had genuine track Slave To The Rhythm)
All I Need - Burt Bacharach

That's why you'll find that only those songs have two versions ie the original Cascio one and the one produced by the above guys.

And then there is Angelo Montrone, who worked on four tracks that Cascio and Porte gave him three weeks before Michael died. One of these was KYHU. They contained no vocals from Mj whatsoever. This was despite the fact that Michael had supposedly ordered all previous takes destroyed (according to Cascio), because he was so happy with them back in 2007. According to Montrone, these demos were to be worked on ready for Michael to record in London. Long story short: Michael died. Cascio and Porte resorted to plan B.

Yea, you're right, I do remember seeing two versions of All I Need, and one labeled as Burt Bacharach. Wonder whatever happened to that version, cause it surely isn't what we've got. I don't get it though, if Stuart Brawley was a part of the production team with Cascio & Porte, then he had to know something, no? Working with Michael in the past, would he not notice the difference in vocals? Kind of worries me that he just ignored this, if he was geniunely apart of the team and wasn't just consulted by Eddie & James.

Yea, you're right, I do remember seeing two versions of All I Need, and one labeled as Burt Bacharach. Wonder whatever happened to that version, cause it surely isn't what we've got. I don't get it though, if Stuart Brawley was a part of the production team with Cascio & Porte, then he had to know something, no? Working with Michael in the past, would he not notice the difference in vocals? Kind of worries me that he just ignored this, if he was geniunely apart of the team and wasn't just consulted by Eddie & James.

I don't believe he ignored it. I think he knew exactly what the deal was.

The complete version of All I Need is definitely a Bacharach track. Musically, it's solid, but the vocals ruin it. I think the horn opening that sounds similar to the melody of You Are Not Alone is a coincidence, but that's the only exception. Why would Stuart Brawley be working on these tracks before they were purchased? Were they trying to make them sound more authentic before selling them? And are the other tracks (non Riley/Stewart/Bacharach) Brawley/Porte/Cascio mixes? Soldier Boy is such a blatant ripoff of TDCAU I can't imagine anyone wasting their time producing it.

Last edited:
The complete version of All I Need is definitely a Bacharach track. Musically, it's solid, but the vocals ruin it. I think the horn opening that sounds similar to the melody of You Are Not Alone is a coincidence, but that's the only exception. Why would Stuart Brawley be working on these tracks before they were purchased? Were they trying to make them sound more authentic before selling them? And are the other tracks Brawley/Porte/Cascio mixes? Soldier Boy is such a blatant ripoff of TDCAU I can't imagine anyone wasting their time producing it.

Brawley has access to Invincible multitracks which may answer part of your question. He was the one that leaked Escape back in the day after all. Brawley first hinted on his site that he was working on them in May, but an educated guess tells me he was involved as early as February. Specifically the same time as Jason's three week "vacation" which was just before the Ason Compilations, which contain the versions of the songs as sold, were registered.

Re: Teddy Riley Interview: Unreleased song Joy sung by Michael Jackson will be given to Estate!

One can only speculate. I personally believe Teddy has realized who Branca really is, and won't be dealing with this man anymore. He believe Teddy is really regretting what happened to the Michael album and we will find out if this is the case in his upcoming book.

I think if there’s someone who should be responsible for what happened to the Michael album then it’s those people who provided the songs. As for Teddy, it seems he just likes the attention. And honestly, so far I haven’t heard any words of regret from him, though he was very supportive to the certain songs from the album. Maybe I missed something though.

Allusio;3824248 said:
I think if there’s someone who should be responsible for what happened to the Michael album then it’s those people who provided the songs. As for Teddy, it seems he just likes the attention. And honestly, so far I haven’t heard any words of regret from him, though he was very supportive to the certain songs from the album. Maybe I missed something though.

@TeddyRiley1 1 question.. why did you produce them fake mj songs for

@RichardHope1 Read my book when it come out. If you really wanna know.

@TeddyRiley1 it seem to me like u got all the heat on u for a fraud they created- which is nt fair on u

@MJeb it isn't but its all good. I'll be able to talk soon.

@TeddyRiley1 how soon til u can talk teddy? about the fake songs. someone needs to expose it

@MJeb I will release my book and you will get the truth.

@TeddyRiley1 o.k. thanx when is ur book released? r u going to talk about pressure from sony+estate and how the voice is not mj?

https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1/status/320896910871384064

Pentum;3824271 said:

@TeddyRiley1 1 question.. why did you produce them fake mj songs for

@RichardHope1 Read my book when it come out. If you really wanna know.

@TeddyRiley1 it seem to me like u got all the heat on u for a fraud they created- which is nt fair on u

@MJeb it isn't but its all good. I'll be able to talk soon.

@TeddyRiley1 how soon til u can talk teddy? about the fake songs. someone needs to expose it

@MJeb I will release my book and you will get the truth.

@TeddyRiley1 o.k. thanx when is ur book released? r u going to talk about pressure from sony+estate and how the voice is not mj?

https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1/status/320896910871384064

Thank you for the information … But still - read the book and you will know.

It gives me an impression that it is the matter of attention after all.

I won’t be surprised to read that the songs are not fake, the same as I won’t be surprised if he put all blame on someone else.

I think he knows he didn’t do right in the right time.

Anyone who says, "You'll have to buy my book to find out." is highly suspicious to me.

That ad-lib that starts off Malachi's "How I Do" is a dead ringer for the the start of "Fall In Love".

And yeah, I really can't take much of what Teddy says seriously. He'll have my respect for his past collaborations with MJ, but I have to say, after initially being eager to hear what he'd come up with news broke that he'd be working on the album, I was hugely disappointed with his contributions.

Based on what Neff-U brought to the table with his remix of The Way You Love Me and his work on Best Of Joy, I'd like to hear more from him. I just hope that when the estate releases another album of unreleased material, they do their best to make it cohesive and free of major controversy. I can't help but laugh when the estate said they followed a "roadmap" MJ left behind, and even went as far as to include a voicemail recording on a song and handwritten notes in the liner book, but offered ZERO proof for the songs where such material would have helped the most. Also, including a 30 year old track on an album doesn't sound much like following a "roadmap" for a new album, but that was all marketing hype anyway.

It's a shame that fairly recent tracks (give or take ten years) like Another Day, Best of Joy and Hollywood Tonight were wasted on this collection. They would have paired nicely with other outtakes known to exist (Blue Gangsta, some of the Jerkins tracks, etc.) I know some producers may be holding out on their material, but they still could have done better than what they came up with. The FIRST posthumous collection should have been much better.

Last edited:
ChrisC@ im sure the person who said that meant that its promoting the book thats coming out. People usually do it that way, like Jerm repeating it in almost ever sentence during interview. Esp when its something that involves MJ. u know everyone knew him after he passed*so why not make money out of it*sarcasm*..

I understand some fans want to read it but thats exactly what they want, make money off of MJs fans imo

Like when Michael told everyone to buy Moonwalk to find out about his plastic surgeries on Oprah?

Yeah right, Michael Jackson at the peak of his career after Thriller and Bad, and in the middle of Dangerous, appearing for the first time for an internationally broadcast TV interview with Oprah sort of needed to... promote his book Moonwalk.

1555263226_lol_xlarge.jpeg

When is this thread gonna end. It just goes on and on in circles but achieves nothing.

It's just so weird listening to the Cascio songs and hearing that Jason Malachi tone that is so foreign from Michael, and then knowing that some people still think it's Michael.

Back