Michael - The Great Album Debate

Sony Music just released a Michael Jackson compilation album as an iTunes exclusive including all 3 of the "Cascio" tracks... Seems like they have more plans.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ultimate-fan-extras-collection/id663471729

It's a compilation that includes the Immortal soundtrack and the Michael album amongst others, so obviously the three Cascio tracks are included. This is simply an iTunes compilation. The nine remaining songs will never be released. I can 100% assure you of that. They don't have any plans at all.

The reassurance from John Branca was specifically related to the nine unreleased songs. I just want to make that clear. Anything being posted on twitter to the contrary is incorrect.

Last edited:
It's another reason why we shouldn't be sitting on our hands. Even if the estate has promised to not release the remaining songs, that is nowhere even close to being in the same stratosphere as good enough. Those songs should never be associated with Michael ever again. If things stay the same they will forever be a part of his discography.

It's another reason why we shouldn't be sitting on our hands. Even if the estate has promised to not release the remaining songs, that is nowhere even close to being in the same stratosphere as good enough. Those songs should never be associated with Michael ever again. If things stay the same they will forever be a part of his discography.
Yes, they will pop up every time.

Like now...:(

Another thing: It's almost 5 years! :(

June 30, 2008....

What happened June 30 2008?

What happened June 30 2008?
The day Hold My Hand leaked out - many of us were uplifted and believed Michael would make his new album very soon... I always thought the leak delayed his "comeback", because as a result there was no single release, no appearance on Akon's album and no music video (rumours Pamela Anderson was supposed to appear in it LOL).

Stuart Brawley posted the following on his website:

I produced several tracks for Michael Jackson's posthumous release, "Michael." That was tough to do. After spending a year with him in 2000/2001, his death was a very sad and surreal event. And to then work with his voice after the fact, well it was something I'll never forget. Only three songs that we worked on were released, and only after other producers had fiddled with it, so it's not how I wanted it to turn out. After his death I did an interview with Jian Ghomeshi on CBC's "Q." If you want to hear me babble on National Radio about one of the greatest artists of our generation, you can click here. It's about 9 minutes long.

http://www.stuartbrawley.com

:lol: Is this the long reply he promised to give about the Cascio track back in April?

I produced several tracks for Michael Jackson's posthumous release, "Michael." That was tough to do. After spending a year with him in 2000/2001, his death was a very sad and surreal event. And to then work with his voice after the fact, well it was something I'll never forget. Only three songs that we worked on were released, and only after other producers had fiddled with it, so it's not how I wanted it to turn out. After his death I did an interview with Jian Ghomeshi on CBC's "Q." If you want to hear me babble on National Radio about one of the greatest artists of our generation, you can click here. It's about 9 minutes long.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Beautiful fiction story. :D

It has been over 2.5 years since the Cascios alleged that they had video of Michael recording vocals for 12 songs in their home studio. Did they ever release such video, or even a single frame from it? It seems like that footage would've been given to Oprah for their interview along with all the older home videos they provided, but all they showed at the time was one photo of an empty makeshift studio they claimed MJ recorded the vocals in. I found it peculiar how they didn't have any sort of legitimate recording studio in the home until after June '09.

Just wondering, I've not followed any of the developments about this album since soon after its release.

All songs leaked in full about 3 months ago. I don't know if they are still online.

They are all available on a mp3 site that has "hamster" in its name. Just played Burn 2 Nite. Haven't listened to it in a long time. It's laughable, how on earth could anyone think its MJ? :doh:

It's hard to show video footage of something that never took place.

Yes, this is true, unless they hire a MJ look-a-like to make a video where this impersonator tries to seem he sings these fake tracks. So ironically...

It's a compilation that includes the Immortal soundtrack and the Michael album amongst others, so obviously the three Cascio tracks are included. This is simply an iTunes compilation. The nine remaining songs will never be released. I can 100% assure you of that. They don't have any plans at all.

The reassurance from John Branca was specifically related to the nine unreleased songs. I just want to make that clear. Anything being posted on twitter to the contrary is incorrect.

The fact that the Estate chooses to re-release the three Cascio songs -- when they certainly could avoid doing so -- doesn't prove that the Cascio songs are authentic. But it does prove that :

1- The Estate believe that the songs are authentic. And that should be good enough proof for anybody, since they have more to lose than anyone here if the songs are fake, and they have access to evidence that all of us here can only dream of.

OR

2- The Estate is not convinced the songs are authentic, but is confident that their legal position that they are authentic is unassailable. Which means that whatever proof they have is good enough at least to stand up in court. Which is also good enough for me.

Your belief that John Branca will base the business decisions of a multi-million dollar Estate on what he once told an anonymous fan at an MJ Convention is cute in its naivety.

Why would they re-release all of Michael's albums, including the posthumous Michael album, and remove three songs? It's just not going to happen. It says nothing about anything, really.

The fact that the Estate chooses to re-release the three Cascio songs -- when they certainly could avoid doing so -- doesn't prove that the Cascio songs are authentic. But it does prove that :

1- The Estate believe that the songs are authentic. And that should be good enough proof for anybody, since they have more to lose than anyone here if the songs are fake, and they have access to evidence that all of us here can only dream of.

OR

2- The Estate is not convinced the songs are authentic, but is confident that their legal position that they are authentic is unassailable. Which means that whatever proof they have is good enough at least to stand up in court. Which is also good enough for me.

Your belief that John Branca will base the business decisions of a multi-million dollar Estate on what he once told an anonymous fan at an MJ Convention is cute in its naivety.

Well well well look who's back. Kreen, it is pointless debating this anymore. The debate is over for most fans. Listen to Water, Fall In Love, All Right and tell us those songs are Michael. We will laugh at you.

As Aniram said, the three Cascio songs are included in the collection because the whole Michael album is included. Removing those three would be a foolish admission of a problem and just cause more trouble. They won't remove them from Mj's discography unless they have absolutely no choice because it would look like an admission that they are fake.

And for your information it wasn't told to an anonymous fan at a fan convention. It was discussed privately between John Branca and myself at the Bad 25 Premiere in London. So you might want to get your facts straight before calling me naiive. As I stated the discussion was about the 9 remaining songs and the reasons for why they won't be included on any future releases. It was the same reason why the songs on Bad 25 were untouched.

And this "evidence" you are talking about simply does not exist. Why on earth would they hold such evidence back, and risk losing millions in sales which is what happened, when they could have shown the evidence and saved all the harm. That belief in itself is naiive?

If your going to start coming on here and ripping into people again, then kindly please leave. We've had a peaceful six months.

If your going to start coming on here and ripping into people again, then kindly please leave. We've had a peaceful six months.

"A peaceful six months" : meaning nobody around to bring up counter-arguments, eh? :)

I only wrote that new message because there is some "news" : the re-release of three tracks that, if they were fake, the Estate would go OUT OF THEIR WAY not to put on sale again. There's about a million pretexts they could use to justify not putting out those songs again -- starting with what Branca told you : "we're going to respect MJ's original vision from now on". Or, "out of respect for fans, we won't include them". After all, it's not like the inclusion of the posthumous "Michael" album will be a big selling point for whoever buys that gigantic iTunes compilation : we're not talking "Thriller" here...

No, they're putting out the entire catalog -- including the 3 Cascio songs -- because as far as they're concerned, those tracks are authentic, and any accusation to the contrary is more craziness from the Jacksons that wouldn't hold up in court.

He didn't say anything of the sort to me. It was a private conversation and it should never have been posted online by others who overheard parts of it in the first place. When the other interviews and stuff comes out then I will maybe post it, but we don't really need it in light of the other stuff. So in the meantime can people stop bringing it up please.

Last edited:
I only wrote that new message because there is some "news" : the re-release of three tracks that, if they were fake, the Estate would go OUT OF THEIR WAY not to put on sale again.
You have no way of knowing this. It's just your assumption, and it's most definitely wrong.

I doubt the executors considered the three previously-released Cascio tracks one way or the other for this digital-only release. They will likely never concede/admit anything regarding the authenticity of the three released tracks in the future. I also doubt they really sit down and comb over releases as if they are fans. As long as the three released Cascio tracks are in "the pot" of released MJ songs, it's quite possible they may pop up on other releases of who-knows-what in the future. The real issues will rest with the remaining nine songs. If they are never released in any official capacity, then it pretty much confirms that they admitted they made a mistake by releasing the Cascio tracks. Not that they admit they are fraudulent, mind you, but that they are not fit for release.

I can't see them ever being released. Monster, Keep Your Head Up and Breaking News may see limited releases elsewhere in some capacity unless something major happens, however. Doesn't mean they think they are legit or fake either way, just that they are comfortable with their legal standing.

Exactly. If they did, then the songs would have never seen the light of day in the first place.

I couldn't agree more. Remember, this was not some release twenty years after MJ's death, of some random collection of demos. This was a release (laughably) marketed as an album that MJ was working on before he passed. I actually like John McClain's mix of "Behind The Mask", but acting as if it was a song MJ left a "roadmap" for is ridiculous, nevermind the songs I can't actually tell if MJ is singing on.

They should have marketed it as an album of unreleased songs and nothing more. By the combination of releasing the Cascio songs and acting as if this was the album MJ was prepping for release, they did nothing but hurt themselves in the long run. Instead of MJ's posthumous rush of sales dying out on its own with time, I feel they deflated it themselves with the "Michael" album release.

I couldn't agree more. Remember, this was not some release twenty years after MJ's death, of some random collection of demos. This was a release (laughably) marketed as an album that MJ was working on before he passed. I actually like John McClain's mix of "Behind The Mask", but acting as if it was a song MJ left a "roadmap" for is ridiculous, nevermind the songs I can't actually tell if MJ is singing on.

They should have marketed it as an album of unreleased songs and nothing more. By the combination of releasing the Cascio songs and acting as if this was the album MJ was prepping for release, they did nothing but hurt themselves in the long run. Instead of MJ's posthumous rush of sales dying out on its own with time, I feel they deflated it themselves with the "Michael" album release.

"Roadmap" LOL! There was no such thing that Michael left behind. It's like they 'guessed' what he would have wanted. Teddy Riley certainly didn't follow any roadmap when he decided to change the bridge to Hollywood Tonight.

It turned out to be a complete mess and everything about the album is really shady, IMO.

Back