Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Couldn't sleep last night. I have two fool-proof methods of sleeping - either sleeping in front of the TV or playing some slow music. I decided to listen to 'Someone In Ihe Dark' on loop on my iPod. Even at 3am in the morning I was able to laugh... that the idiot on 'Keep Your Head Up' could ever think he could sound like the vocalist on 'Someone In The Dark'... Pathetic.

Well obviously that "idiot" does sound like Michael because according to you, he has half of the fan base (including me) fooled.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Even if footage of MJ singing the Cascio songs was released I bet all the non-believers would just pass it off as an impersonater.

Just as all of the 'believers' would suck it up as being legit? "Oh yes... well Sony and the Estate say it's Michael... it looks nothing like him... but they said it's him... it must be him".

Not sure they'd get a video camera into the shower, though... that might have been the problem!

I wonder if Sony sell waterproof handycams?!

Well obviously that "idiot" does sound like Michael because according to you, he has half of the fan base (including me) fooled.

He sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Michael Jackson to me.

Just as all of the 'believers' would suck it up as being legit? "Oh yes... well Sony and the Estate say it's Michael... it looks nothing like him... but they said it's him... it must be him".

Not sure they'd get a video camera into the shower, though... that might have been the problem!

I wonder if Sony sell waterproof handycams?!

124110.jpeg

He sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Michael Jackson to me.

But obviously he (I think it's Michael by the way) does sound like Michael if half of MJ's fan community think he is Michael.

Hi Sam, !!! welcome back !!!:

[youtube]FX68xATfTfo[/youtube]

But obviously he (I think it's Michael by the way) does sound like Michael if half of MJ's fan community think he is Michael.

And this means what to me? There are a whole slew of Michael Jackson fans that believe the HIStory tour is better than the Bad tour... are they right? Not to me, they're not.

What Michael Jackson song have you ever heard that sounds anything like these? Let me guess?? "None... but they're demos... although unlike any other demo he ever recorded."?

If you look through this thread, you'll see UMPTEEN amounts of Jason Malachi comparisons...Yet, no songs of Michael's own have been showcased to compare to the Cascio tracks...NONE....No one has been able to compare...So, if these songs sounded anything like Michael Jackson, we'd have his own authentic tracks to compare to, and not a shit load of Malachi tracks...

Hi Sam, !!! welcome back !!!:

[youtube]FX68xATfTfo[/youtube]

Dude... good to see your avatar again! I want to post my pics from the George Michael concert I went to but then people would know what I looked like!

Welcome back, sam!

Good to see you dude, good to see your amazing work with the videos. They're so damning that I'm amazed they're not being used in a court of law as we speak. I wonder how the people involved in this debacle sleep at night, I really do!

I'll reply to your message when I'm on a computer dude :)

Couldn't sleep last night. I have two fool-proof methods of sleeping - either sleeping in front of the TV or playing some slow music. I decided to listen to 'Someone In Ihe Dark' on loop on my iPod. Even at 3am in the morning I was able to laugh... that the idiot on 'Keep Your Head Up' could ever think he could sound like the vocalist on 'Someone In The Dark'... Pathetic.

SAM! yay, i am glad you are back

someone in the dark is beautiful. i've had that don't-make-me-laugh moment after listening to genuine mj too, but for me it's "scared of the moon." listen to that, then listen to KYHU: seriously? omg, or "be not always" that one too.

and @Kapital, i saw you post that video hours ago but didn't want to watch it before i went to sleep because i was afraid i'd get monster stuck in my head. not fun.

so i just watched it today. WTF?! i don't see how anyone that can watch that video from 2:12 to 4:00 and not see it's the same person. I can't even tell when monster ends and let me let go begins, without watching the screen. it's not even that the voices sound identical, even the SONGS sound the same. they're the same freaking song.

wait, and one more thing: jason malachi answering the question about his reaction to people saying that he sounds like michael jackson is "actually, i take it as a compliment" almost made me throw up. what a prick.

Last edited:

Would you prefer he says "I sound way better than MJ ever can"? I don't see why it's a issue that he takes sounding like Michael as a compliment, he's looked up to him all his life, what else is he supposed to do? And what's being done to these comparison videos that the Breaking News acapella is always in such bad quality? And why is Let Me Let Go on Fast Forward?

Honestly before this board, I had no idea why 2000 Watts was even on the album. Many people agreed with me, we thought it was another artist featuring Michael, and Michael had just done the ad-libs, I eventually caught on and realized no such other artist was credited on the song, but up until a year or so ago, I still had my doubts.

Like many keep saying, hearing is subjective, and you shouldn't look at what YOU hear as the end all, and be all of this discussion.

Yep, that's a great example of how can perceptions differ. You also thought that Michael recorded new ad-libs for the updated version of The Way You Love Me from last year and that a looped 1:30 snippet of Another Day was the full song...

BTW, just saw it mentioned here in this thread: Teddy Riley worked with Michael on Invincible too, not only on Dangerous and History/BOTDF.

Would you prefer he says "I sound way better than MJ ever can"? I don't see why it's a issue that he takes sounding like Michael as a compliment, he's looked up to him all his life, what else is he supposed to do? And what's being done to these comparison videos that the Breaking News acapella is always in such bad quality? And why is Let Me Let Go on Fast Forward?

that's not what i mean at all. i mean for ANYONE to say it is sickening. listen to this exchange:
"how do you feel when people tell you you sound like michael jackson?"
"ACTUALLY i take it as a compliment, so it's ok."

my point is OF COURSE you take it as a compliment. of COURSE it's ok. it shouldn't be "ok" it should be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you. he's the best singer in the entire universe, wtf?! Like even if an interviewer said that to someone that was actualyl famous, like justin timberlake or usher or something they wouldn't say 'ACTUALLY" that's a compliment.

it's just a really full-of-himself way to say it. just listen to the tape. he's an ass. it's all in context. but that's not really the point anyway, i guess it doesn't matter how anyone feels about JM's personality one way or the other.

honestly though, can someone who is like musically inclined compared just the MUSIC of let me let go and monster? they sound the same to me. it's almost like they weren't taleneted enough to come up with a different song. almost.

Yep, that's a great example of how can perceptions differ. You also thought that Michael recorded new ad-libs for the updated version of The Way You Love Me from last year and that a looped 1:30 snippet of Another Day was the full song...

BTW, just saw it mentioned here in this thread: Teddy Riley worked with Michael on Invincible too, not only on Dangerous and History/BOTDF.

I did? I don't recall, it's almost like you're attempting to take a shot at my intelligence, but I'll assume that isn't case.

Anywho, as far as the footage claim goes, that was started in a tabloid article, was it not? Neither Sony nor the Cascio's came out and said "Hey, we got this footage of Michael recording these songs", that whole thing was started by Roger Friedman and was never confirmed, by anyone.

Keep in mind, that legally, they aren't entitled to show or prove anything other than what they claim has already been proven, so the burden lies with those who slander the company/family/etc. Of course this is all legal, and I don't expect anyone in this thread to really do that.

Last edited:

Keep in mind, that legally, they aren't entitled to show or prove anything other than what they claim has already been proven, so the burden lies with those who slander the company/family/etc. Of course this is all legal, and I don't expect anyone in this thread to really do that.

The burden lies with those who want to sell a product. If they expect the consumers to contest them in court... good luck with this attitude.

It's not an attitude, it's law. Legally, Sony nor anyone else is entitled to prove anything, they've already done it. Now if this were to go to court, assuming it ever will, the burden would lie with those who aren't happy with the product, they have to dispute the companies own claims and statements, and prove why they believe that those peddling the album to retailers are wrong. Only then would Sony become responsible to prove their own statements with actual proof, and things of that nature. You may not agree with it, but the burden doesn't lie with Sony or The Cascio's.

I did? I don't recall, it's almost like you're attempting to take a shot at my intelligence, but I'll assume that isn't case.

Anywho, as far as the footage claim goes, that was started in a tabloid article, was it not? Neither Sony nor the Cascio's came out and said "Hey, we got this footage of Michael recording these songs", that whole thing was started by Roger Friedman and was never confirmed, by anyone.

Legally speaking, neither Sony nor the Estate is obligated to show any "proof". My question is why not release the proof they have in one way or another? What are they waiting for? What can be the harm if they released some proof?

If Sony is observing the public's reactions, Sony would have noticed Hollywood Tonight is not really that well received. Some people doubt the vocal authenticity of HT. The Cascio tracks are the rotten apple that risk contaminating the healty apples in the basket.

I don't know what they are thinking. But, if I was the individual responsible for this album and I have tangible proof in my hand, I'd have figured a way to "leak" my proof to the public to kill the controversy.

If what Smooth said was true and "Monster" was going to be the second single, no doubt they'd use studio footage in the video as proof, but the poor reception to the songs changed that. Besides, the Cascios would risk getting sued by the MJ Estate by releasing footage of MJ, by leaking or otherwise.

It's two things, either they feel it isn't necessary, or they don't have such "proof" that we're asking for. I agree that if they had footage, they should of released it by now, if they even have it. But knowing the way these labels work and losing touch with many of it's own audience, it's not surprising that such "proof" was claimed as being in existence and hasn't been released yet.

Legally speaking, neither Sony nor the Estate is obligated to show any "proof". My question is why not release the proof they have in one way or another? What are they waiting for? What can be the harm if they released some proof?

If Sony is observing the public's reactions, Sony would have noticed Hollywood Tonight is not really that well received. Some people doubt the vocal authenticity of HT. The Cascio tracks are the rotten apple that risk contaminating the healty apples in the basket.

I don't know what they are thinking. But, if I was the individual responsible for this album and I have tangible proof in my hand, I'd have figured a way to "leak" my proof to the public to kill the controversy.

they don't show "proof" for the same reason that i don't release pictures from that time when lady gaga and the Pope came over to my house for dinner . . . oh, cuz it never happened. it's really hard to release any kind of proof for non-occurrences.

Ok, it's law that the onus is on us to prove it's not MJ...However, while Sony/Cascios/Estate decided not to release this proof, the album sunk miserably....So, it would have been in their best interests to show this 'proof' in the beginning when the controversy started...

They don't have it...Period...

The burden lies with those who want to sell a product. If they expect the consumers to contest them in court... good luck with this attitude.

If what Smooth said was true and "Monster" was going to be the second single, no doubt they'd use studio footage in the video as proof, but the poor reception to the songs changed that. Besides, the Cascios would risk getting sued by the MJ Estate by releasing footage of MJ, by leaking or otherwise.

If their plan is changed due to poor reception, then they have every reason to release whatever proof they have to reassure fans' confidence. Why wouldn't the Estate authorize the release of such proof? Officially or unofficially. They produced that little known and little viewed "Making of Michael", why not show some of the proofs on that platform?

Come on. Don't just say "push the button" and "record in a shower"! Please. How can Eddie convince fans if his explanation is so vague. You have Michael Freaking Jackson working with you on 12 songs, you can't share some meaningful insight about the experience??? Almost all (I dare to say all) musicians that worked with Michael consider the working expereince with Michael the most memorable and the most honorable one. And, he had nothing better to say than "I was there pushing buttons."

I don't get it. I just don't. It seems they can't wait to show Michael's involvements in every songs on Michael. That's how they market it. They market the album as Michael's last efforts. They include the voice message, handwritten notes, lyris in the booklets. But, nothing, absolutely nothing on the Cascio tracks.

The album was one of the best selling albums globally in 2010. So it "sunk miserably" to who's standards?

It's two things, either they feel it isn't necessary, or they don't have such "proof" that we're asking for. I agree that if they had footage, they should of released it by now, if they even have it. But knowing the way these labels work and losing touch with many of it's own audience, it's not surprising that such "proof" was claimed as being in existence and hasn't been released yet.

They feel it isn't necessary??? Okay, may be they are really satisfied with the sales of Michael then. Anyway, it's indeed one of Sony's best selling albums in 2010.

Oh mine... may be they want to hire me to head their marketing department. Gee... what the hell are they thinking? It's not just for this album. Okay. The shelf life of this album is over. But, how about all future releases? Do they want people to bring up the controversy whenever they release an album of incomplete materials?

I'd like to think that that "Making of Michael" was finished long before the album was released, so proof probably wasn't thought of back then. I do agree that they should've released these fabled videos, and the only thing I can think of is that they're saving them. I seriously think that the Cascios are VERY oblivious to the situation, hence why I suggest inviting one of them to a Q&A here, where they must be armed with proof.

they don't show "proof" for the same reason that i don't release pictures from that time when lady gaga and the Pope came over to my house for dinner . . . oh, cuz it never happened. it's really hard to release any kind of proof for non-occurrences.

:lmao:

They feel it isn't necessary??? Okay, may be they are really satisfied with the sales of Michael then. Anyway, it's indeed one of Sony's best selling albums in 2010.

Oh mine... may be they want to hire me to head their marketing department. Gee... what the hell are they thinking? It's not just for this album. Okay. The shelf life of this album is over. But, how about all future releases? Do they want people to bring up the controversy whenever they release an album of incomplete materials?

No one is denying that they're decision making wasn't very great for this album.

Back