Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

I love Paul's tribute to MJ in his concerts! It gives the song a much grander and upbeat vibe than the album version, though I adore both! "Hold My Hand" should've received similar treatment by Akon.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

I agree, Jesta, Hold My Hand could be done very nicely. Too bad he hasn't, hopefully he'll still do it some day.

Yeah, hopefully. Probably when he goes on tour. I believe that he'll include the song on one of his future albums, called "Living - The Life" I believe.

Sounds pitched up to me.

Yeah, but I noticed that with quite a few comparisons they pitch up the vocals in order to try and give MJ that boy-ish sound that Malachi has. Personally, it's why I don't listen to those comparisons normally.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% Jason Malachi.

Just listen to that line. "On the news today, they say we're crazy". Come on...

Really? I like that line quite nicely and it sounds like MJ to me.

Please show me a line where Michael sounds like this. Surely, you must know a least 1 line, because you think it sounds like Michael.

I would, but there are no other completely over-processed/melodyne'd MJ songs out there outside of Cascio tracks. So doing so would be pointless unless melodyne was used on them. Plus, my ideas tend to get shot down almost immediately. I'm just here for conversation now.

It´s not piched up. But maybe Cascio´s pitched Malachi´s voice.

We don´t know.... but Tony Kurtis (productor of Jason in many songs) said that the "Breaking news" is pitched to sound like Michael. He said it´s Jason Malachi´s voice in the Cascio´s tracks.

It´s the "a capella" mixed with the instrumental.

It´s Jason Malachi´s voice trying to sound like MICHAEL JACKSON.

I none of the comparisons the voice is pitched, it´s the normal voice of Jason and the normal voice from the album.

I would, but there are no other completely over-processed/melodyne'd MJ songs out there outside of Cascio tracks. So doing so would be pointless unless melodyne was used on them. Plus, my ideas tend to get shot down almost immediately. I'm just here for conversation now.
I don't get it. If you think that line really sounds like MJ, you should be able to find other lines that sound the same. Also, I thought we all agreed that using Melodyne wouldn't CHANGE the voice. I've posted many videos before on this, the voice is still fully recognizeable.

Well I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on Melodyne, so I really can't say.

Let's just say, you trust your ears, while I trust mine. I'm not going to dig up every MJ song I have and dissect it to find similar notes on the Cascio tracks. I fully believe that they're him, processed like crazy. The days of digging up evidence are behind me, I have school to think about now, unfortunately.

Plus, I just listened to "Breaking News" by combining the a capella and instrumental on "Virtual DJ" and I'm certain the one posted on here had the vocals pitched up slightly.

1:24 - Listen to that vocal hiccup attempt, total fail.
2:00 - Another poor attempt, this time with the "no no" phrase.

The vibrato wasn't manipulated either, Melodyne can't do that. And I've said it before, Melodyne is simply for fine tuning, not completely altering and changing. You can't make MJ sound the way "he" does in Breaking News, Monster or Keep Your Head Up using Melodyne.

And yes, it is pitched up slightly. It doesn't make much difference though.

Pentum;3309062 said:
Also, I thought we all agreed that using Melodyne wouldn't CHANGE the voice. I've posted many videos before on this, the voice is still fully recognizeable.

Doesn't it depend on the level of effect? Example : chipmunk voice

Tom;3309070 said:
The vibrato wasn't manipulated either, Melodyne can't do that. And I've said it before, Melodyne is simply for fine tuning, not completely altering and changing.

actually it can and it's capabilities are more than fine tuning

Capabilities : Melodyne is currently a stand-alone application and its purpose in life is to analyse audio minutely and then process it such that almost everything about it can be altered at will. It can shift the pitch of monophonic audio without changing duration, change duration or tempo with or without changing pitch, and manipulate formants to alter voice or instrument character or to improve the character of shifted audio. It allows you to create harmonies from one vocal, or indeed construct whole new melodies, as well as making vocals and instruments do things they couldn't normally do. It can force audio of different tempos to run at one tempo, quantise audio timing, correct pitching errors across an entire track or one note at a time, superimpose pitch information from one melody onto another without affecting lyrics, alter amplitude, edit transitions between notes, and even alter vibrato.

more about vibrato

'Expression' includes such aspects of a performance as note transition, vibrato and swoops/falls. It's an eerie experience to tweak vibrato as simply as if it were an LFO control: you can literally remove vibrato from a vocal, or crank it up to serious pitch-modulation levels. Problems caused by vibrato changing speed when audio is stretched or time-compressed can be mitigated in Melodyne by editing vibrato depth (you can't change speed) until the result sounds natural — a feature unique to the program, as far as we know.

It wouldn't really matter if Melodyne changed the vibrato. It just proves that Jason on his own songs used Melodyne as well. He needed it to sound like Michael like he needed it on the cascio songs. But i personally believe his vibrato is not altered. He has shown that he is capable of doing it LIVE and some people can just do these really fast vibratos using another technique.

1:24 - Listen to that vocal hiccup attempt, total fail.
2:00 - Another poor attempt, this time with the "no no" phrase.

The vibrato wasn't manipulated either, Melodyne can't do that. And I've said it before, Melodyne is simply for fine tuning, not completely altering and changing. You can't make MJ sound the way "he" does in Breaking News, Monster or Keep Your Head Up using Melodyne.

Not to be rude, but the majority of that is false. Melodyne can be used for much more than fine tuning, it can be used to alter the voice and change certain characteristics in a voice. If you've ever used the program, it's a tool box that pops up and explains exactly the many things it's capable of, altering and changing vocals is one of them.

Who needs vocal training when melodyne can basically do every wonder to one's vocal? It can make anyone sound pitch perfect and correct anyone's shaky vibrato... :scratch:

Funny, because I remember someone (I can't remember who) claiming on here that Malachi never tried to sound like MJ, but merely had the same vocal structure. I think the Melodyne argument REALLY holds up, it probably could alter someone's voice greatly, even unintentionally.

Jason obviously tried to sound like Michael on hs first album, on his second album not so much. But he does have a little similar vocal structure IMO.

That wasn't really funny btw.

ivy;3309097 said:
Doesn't it depend on the level of effect? Example : chipmunk voice

actually it can and it's capabilities are more than fine tuning

Capabilities : Melodyne is currently a stand-alone application and its purpose in life is to analyse audio minutely and then process it such that almost everything about it can be altered at will. It can shift the pitch of monophonic audio without changing duration, change duration or tempo with or without changing pitch, and manipulate formants to alter voice or instrument character or to improve the character of shifted audio. It allows you to create harmonies from one vocal, or indeed construct whole new melodies, as well as making vocals and instruments do things they couldn't normally do. It can force audio of different tempos to run at one tempo, quantise audio timing, correct pitching errors across an entire track or one note at a time, superimpose pitch information from one melody onto another without affecting lyrics, alter amplitude, edit transitions between notes, and even alter vibrato.

more about vibrato

'Expression' includes such aspects of a performance as note transition, vibrato and swoops/falls. It's an eerie experience to tweak vibrato as simply as if it were an LFO control: you can literally remove vibrato from a vocal, or crank it up to serious pitch-modulation levels. Problems caused by vibrato changing speed when audio is stretched or time-compressed can be mitigated in Melodyne by editing vibrato depth (you can't change speed) until the result sounds natural — a feature unique to the program, as far as we know.

AnnieRUOkay89;3309113 said:
Not to be rude, but the majority of that is false. Melodyne can be used for much more than fine tuning, it can be used to alter the voice and change certain characteristics in a voice. If you've ever used the program, it's a tool box that pops up and explains exactly the many things it's capable of, altering and changing vocals is one of them.

You guys got me :giggle: I've used Melodyne, all I could really chance was pitch/tempo/modulation - I guess it can do those things, maybe I should look harder :)

Why would they want to alter the vibrato like that though?

Because the vibrato was incredibly weird after all the speeding up/alteration of the songs that they wanted it to sound more normal?

MJRemixed;3307616 said:
Its obvious someone linked to the Cascios/Malachi/Teddy or themselves are reading this board and other boards. Within hours of a comparison video going online it is taken down by jab me music or whatever rubbish music production companies call themselves today.

Well, if you are reading this, then keep taking them down :) Because more and more will go up. The more new music you create Jason, the material we have to compare. Keep doin' it. :)
Because your lies will be exposed for what they really are and what YOU really are. Mark my words.
You try to hide and cover up everything that you so desperately do not want others to know.
But we know ;)
Your career (Or anything that you had OF ONE) is over, forever. You have destroyed yourself and you only have yourself to blame. :)

You are very scary my friend, Sony should pay you off to be quiet.

Kapital77;3309019 said:

Wow another one you just happened to "find". This is even mixed properly lol, fail to who ever tried to mix it =p

Last edited:

He did sing Gone To Soon on the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame tribute which doesn't exist on the internet anymore.

You are very scary my friend, Sony should pay you off to be quiet.

Wow another one you just happened to "find". This is even mixed properly lol, fail to who ever tried to mix it =p

Thank-you :flowers:

And Cascio and his boys should pay you more to try to convince people that Michael Jackson is singing on the Cascio tracks. ;)

Why don't you post some more Jason dude acapella's for us to try and divert the attention away ;)

It's been a while :flowers:

Enjoy the comparison videos. I know you all love to click the play button on them ;)

He did sing Gone To Soon on the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame tribute which doesn't exist on the internet anymore.

Yeah why is that?

Why has Jason Malachi removed himself off the Internet?

What is he hiding for? Is he ashamed of something? :lol:

Haha... Completely damning. I'd love to hear this fool sing 'Keep The Faith' or 'Gone To Soon'.

Think along the lines of "All I Need", if you dare
*Shudder*

And why isn't he just making a new myspace/facebook/twitter/youtube account? He's an artist, he loved promoting himself. And don't give me that "well, you non-believers are already promoting him by saying his singing" shit.

Back