Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

It wouldn't really matter if Melodyne changed the vibrato. It just proves that Jason on his own songs used Melodyne as well.

Actually it can explain why some people think Malachi is the vocalist on this songs.

Go to gearslutz and do a search for vibrato and processing - there's something they refer to as "melodyne vibrato" that they classify as "unnatural".

so perhaps Jason's voice in his albums were processed and what we think as his characteristics isn't characteristics but the effects of melodyne processing and now when we get a processed MJ vocals we hear the same effects and think it's Jason when actually "the same sounding" is due to melodyne effect / same processing effect on vibrato etc.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Many of his songs has a slower vibrato as well. Something very similar to a few lines in "All I Need".

I really don't look for the vibrato, it's not how I recognize it's Jason on the songs. It's just everything about the voice.

It can't be a coincidence that for the first time ever, we get 5 tracks, they all SOUND like Jason Malachi and at the same time has vibrato altered using Melodyne like Jason "did".

Am I the only that thinks that these tracks don't sound a lot like Malachi.

Am I the only that thinks that these tracks don't sound a lot like Malachi.

I'm also here lol

Yay! Hi-5!

borat_high_five-2500.jpg

Why don't we make a website? Just for the fake vocals? With comparison videos, etc I don't mind creating one.

Te quiero, I love you. Say goodbye, say goodbye, say goodbye.

Last edited:

Where? I haven't seen it.. Give me the address!! LOL

Fakey Fakey breaky News

Last edited:

Editus Maximus

I'll PM it to you :D

Loving the signature :) Did I really say that? How funny. Very well written, even if I do say so myself haha :)

Loving the signature :) Did I really say that? How funny. Very well written, even if I do say so myself haha :)

Indeed :D
Sums it all up.

Of course some people are just wanting to believe its Michael so they can feel better about buying the songs from the Theif, thinking they were buying into something so rare and authentic :lol:
Money well spent? Oh yes.

Last edited:

For me personally, I don't care whether the tracks sound like Malachi or not. The name Jason Malachi is equivalent to any imposer.

What really matters is whether these tracks sound like Michael Jackson, the consumated vocalist.

If it's proven Jason is not on the tracks, I have no hard feeling. I'm not a fan of Jason. I don't care about him. What I really care is Michael.

Even if the tracks DO NOT sound like Jason, the tracks still DO NOT sound like the Michael we all love so much. It's not a either-or situation here.

It's sad that many artists nowadays are relying on Melodyne. It was the great thing about Michael, he was of the golden age of the industry.

It's sad that many artists nowadays are relying on Melodyne. It was the great thing about Michael, he was of the golden age of the industry.

I know. I don't know whether to cry or to laugh after reading Ivy's post on Melodyne. It seems melodyne is one big magical program that can turn anyone into a pitch perfect vocalist. No wonder there isn't any truly distinctive voice nowadays. Most of the stuff I heard from the radio sound robotic. I listened to Geroge Michael's new song. Why the hell he's using autotune?

I know. I don't know whether to cry or to laugh after reading Ivy's post on Melodyne. It seems melodyne is one big magical program that can turn anyone into a pitch perfect vocalist. No wonder there isn't any truly distinctive voice nowadays. Most of the stuff I heard from the radio sound robotic. I listened to Geroge Michael's new song. Why the hell he's using autotune?

b3CaUzE aUt0 T0on iZ k3WL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one111111!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kapital77;3309019 said:

I feel physically sick listening to this. I don't understand how anyone can argue with this. i don't hear michael's voice in there in any way, shape, or form.

Seriously, i would just expect the thread to come to a screeching halt after listening to this version of the accapella. Kind of like an "oh. well. that's not michael jackson. hmm." but i guess that's just not how people feel. Kind of wonder what it would take to convince people this isn't michael, if that clip doesn't do it.

omg. seriously. come on. listen to hollywood tonight acapella and then listen to this. seriously. i don't know what else to say. i just don't know what else to say.

Last edited:

Not only does it not sound like Michael it also sounds like the singer didn't put any emotion or energy into those songs what so ever. What was it that Michael said? ''I don't sing it unless i mean it''

Not only does it not sound like Michael it also sounds like the singer didn't put any emotion or energy into those songs what so ever. What was it that Michael said? ''I don't sing it unless i mean it''

co. sign. EXACTLY.

I can barely listen to any of those comparisons because they always bring me back to when I first heard BN. That is a feeling I will never EVER forget. The other tracks were just further salt in the wound.

Well the fact that it's pitched up loses its credibility with me.

Clark Kent is....
Bruce Waine is....

Worldwide is.....

I know who are you... because i have the same job as you have.

Last edited:
Jesta;3309653 said:
Well the fact that it's pitched up loses its credibility with me.

It´s not pitched up. It´s the "a capella" + instrumental.

It´s Jason´s voice.

Even Tom admitted that it's pitched up. I've listened to the a capella and instrumental I have, and I can easily tell that that a capella is pitched up ever so slightly.

this is something i've wanted to bring up for a while. if we put the vocals completely aside, can we just discuss how much the songs themselves sound like jason malachi songs? is that just me? i've listened to a lot of jason malachi (ever since the whole 7even debacle) and the cascio tracks sound a lot like his stuff. i'm not talking vocals, i mean the music itself.

to me, "monster" and "let me let go" sound like exactly the same song. musically.

As in composition? No, not to me anyway. I more reminded of Ghosts/Is It Scary when listening to Monster than Let Me Let Go. I thought Critical was a decent album, and after listening to it song after song, on more than one occasion, the Cascio tracks just don't seem like something he's capable on putting together.

Ghosts-Is it scary are masterpieces. My mind boggles that anyone could be reminded of them when listening to 'monster' (in composition or in any any positive way that is) The only association i can see is that whoever is responsible for that revolting track stole concepts from Michael's previous tracks including those to make 'monster' seem more authentic. It is blatantly obvious that was the intention in my view. Big fail that was.

Back