Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

My belief too, so true.It also sounds too frivolous.
I was afraid to state that here, though.

Don't be afraid to state that...It's true!

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

You can't deny that the song "Critical" is very similar to "Stay".
I know, right? it's totally his style. i definitely think JM is "capable" of putting together the cascio tracks, especially with the help of professional producers like teddy. the cascio tracks are not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination

Yes, but that song from 1980 might not have much to do either with the "This is it" we know.

You're claiming that Michael Jackson happened to be working on two songs with the same title at the same time? Yet only one registration can be found?

It's the same song.

But is really the best reason the doubters have for them to fake them is that they want more tracks to release more albums in the future? I just don't understand the real point in doing something so ridiculously shady unless there was some real payoff for it.

I know your ears tell you it sounds different but don't you think, just possibly, that could be because they hurried to finish these tracks from what we'd call 'shit demos', and it shows?

I think Malachi just took down his sites because he has another life now and was receiving way too much nasty mail that he didn't want to handle anymore.

If I were him I would have taken it all down, too, as I bet he was getting some real nasty messages..

But is really the best reason the doubters have for them to fake them is that they want more tracks to release more albums in the future? I just don't understand the real point in doing something so ridiculously shady unless there was some real payoff for it.

I know your ears tell you it sounds different but don't you think, just possibly, that could be because they hurried to finish these tracks from what we'd call 'shit demos', and it shows?

I think Malachi just took down his sites because he has another life now and was receiving way too much nasty mail that he didn't want to handle anymore.

If I were him I would have taken it all down, too, as I bet he was getting some real nasty messages..

no it's not possible. it has nothing to do with the tracks being demos. michael jackson still sounds like himself on demos. this simply isn't him. it has nothing to do with effects, production quality, or "rushing" (they didn't rush anyway, they were working on this record for months)

and again, i'm not sure of their reasoning behind faking the track. money could certainly have something to do with it. that would be the motivation for the cascios, at any rate, to fake MJ tracks when they didn't actually have any.

I used to think sony was just obliviously, painfully stupid. but the more i think about it, the more i wonder if they did this on purpose. they didn't promote the album well at all. maybe they just wanted it to fail. why? vendetta against michael? trying to buy his share of the catalog? i have no idea. but it's not hard to imagine tons of possible motivations.

Last edited:

Did Michael take down his website for being called a 'Paedophile' in 2003?

Nope don't think so...

Did Michael take down his website for being called a 'Paedophile' in 2003?

Nope don't think so...

Brilliant :)

I don't like to think there is blatant, obvious fraud, but it seems they are getting away with this, as people thought those JM songs in '07 were MJ and then it was confirmed it was Jason Malachi...The voice on those very songs are now being compared to the vocals on the Cascio songs...hmmm...

Clearly people were fooled in the past with Jason Malachi songs, and now they've decided to make them 'official', and people have fallen for it again.....We're being played because fans were fooled before...The difference is Michael isn't here to confirm anything...How convenient for them...

Releasing more albums in the future is definitely the plan. The name Michael Jackson sells. Think about the Michael album. An economical album with 10 songs. Among the 10 songs, one song was leaked years ago, one song was partially leaked months ago, one song was previously released in Michael's own TUC, one song was previously released by two other artists decades ago. For the remaining six songs, three of them featured sub-par questionable vocals and one of them sounds so obviously incomplete. Yet, this album managed to sell more than two million copies worldwide with a minimal marketing budget. Who else, past and present, can achieve such result? Also, the production cost of this album is probably below average.

Just like when he was alive, the name Michael Jackson means $$. Michael Jackson songs are multi-million business.

I don't like to think there is blatant, obvious fraud, but it seems they are getting away with this, as people thought those JM songs in '07 were MJ and then it was confirmed it was Jason Malachi...The voice on those very songs are now being compared to the vocals on the Cascio songs...hmmm...

Clearly people were fooled in the past with Jason Malachi songs, and now they've decided to make them 'official', and people have fallen for it again.....We're being played because fans were fooled before...The difference is Michael isn't here to confirm anything...How convenient for them...

!!!! Brilliant !!!!:wild:

Is It Scary is an absolute masterpiece. Monster is a pathetic joke. How anyone in their right mind could ever compare the two is beyond me. Musically they have absolutely nothing in common. Vocally they have nothing in common. And lyrically they are a million miles apart.

How does this pertain to the question though? You bypassed the question of, "Do these songs sound similar to Malachi songs" only to attempt to berate my answer and opinion. Who gives a shit if you can't stand fans comparing Ghost and Is It Scary to Monster? Seriously, who?

It's just samhabib back to being rude. :) Oh how we all missed it.

actually, Sam's "rude" statement it does pertain to the question and the argument in general. lemme break it down:

Is It Scary = Michael Jackson = incredible masterpiece
Monster = someone else = ridiculous lyrics, bad composition, P.O.S.

sooo . . . ya, i think it's relevant. And in answer to the "who cares what you think?" question, i can honestly say that i DO care what Sam thinks because he's 100% right, and i actually did miss having him in the thread. it's just not as interesting without him.

^ Not as interesting? I haven't seen him offer anything to the discussion yet since he's been back, really. A little argument about This Is It and talking down to fellow fans.

Sure, maybe his statement was true to you, but there's a better way to go about it. He could have stated instead something like, 'Why do you think of Is It Scary when you hear Monster? I don't at all! I don't hear a similar melody, similar vocals, similar composition. Nothing is similar to me. What do you hear that is similar?'

That would have been a much more polite way to handle Annie's statement rather than going, 'How could anyone in their right mind compare those two songs? It's beyond me!' Which is an obvious insult when Annie had JUST done that.

How does this pertain to the question though? You bypassed the question of, "Do these songs sound similar to Malachi songs" only to attempt to berate my answer and opinion. Who gives a shit if you can't stand fans comparing Ghost and Is It Scary to Monster? Seriously, who?

How does me comparing a genuine Michael Jackson song with a questionable (to put it mildly) 'Michael Jackson' song have anything to do with the discussion of whether both songs are by the same artist? Do you really need someone to explain that to you?

As for the rest of your post, don't be so childish. I gave my opinion. If you don't 'give a shit' about it, that's your prerogative. But what kind of forum would this be if everyone behaved like you just have? 'I don't give a shit... who gives a shit?!! Seriously who?'

And then your little cheerleader has the audacity to call ME rude?

^ Not as interesting? I haven't seen him offer anything to the discussion yet since he's been back, really.

You're right. People should read your blog posts if they want to read something 'interesting', right? They can read how a fellow fan finds great humour in the fall out of these questionable tracks, at the expense of their fellow fans.

Now THAT'S interesting.

moulton-jo-drama-free-zone.jpg

I hope samhabib didn't, like, die or anything. Very bizarre for them to go this long without posting in this thread. It has completely killed it. He is the King of Doubt. :'(

I know, I've been in this thread, too! But I thought he'd be back two posts later... :( He will return soon.

^ Not as interesting? I haven't seen him offer anything to the discussion yet since he's been back, really. A little argument about This Is It and talking down to fellow fans.

Interesting...:scratch:

1:24 - Listen to that vocal hiccup attempt, total fail.
2:00 - Another poor attempt, this time with the "no no" phrase.

The vibrato wasn't manipulated either, Melodyne can't do that. And I've said it before, Melodyne is simply for fine tuning, not completely altering and changing. You can't make MJ sound the way "he" does in Breaking News, Monster or Keep Your Head Up using Melodyne.

And yes, it is pitched up slightly. It doesn't make much difference though.

Agreed. The vocal hiccup is CRINGE WORTHY and embarressing. It sounds like a grown-ass fat man trying to imitate MJ's trademark hiccup sounds. FAIL.
Wait, that'll be Jason Malachi.

The 'no-no' phrase - again total FAIL. Sounds nothing like MJ does in the rest of his genuine songs or LIVE in concert.

I like to think there is blatant, obvious fraud, and fortunately it seems they are getting away with this, as people thought those MJ songs in '07 were JM and then it was confirmed it was Michael Jackson...The voice on those very songs are now being compared to the vocals on the Cascio songs...hmmm...ahhh....mmhhhwow....mmhhh....yeahhhmm....mhhyeah...

Clearly people were not fooled in the past with Michael Jackson songs, and now they've decided to make them 'unofficial', and people haven't fallen for it yet.....We're not being played because fans were not fooled before...The difference is Jason is here to confirm everything...How inconvenient for them...

:scratch:

Agreed. The vocal hiccup is CRINGE WORTHY and embarressing. It sounds like a grown-ass fat man trying to imitate MJ's trademark hiccup sounds. FAIL.
Wait, that'll be Jason Malachi.

The 'no-no' phrase - again total FAIL. Sounds nothing like MJ does in the rest of his genuine songs or LIVE in concert.

That 'no-no' phrase is brutal...Anytime I hear it, I'm like, 'ouch, that's unfortunate...nice try, dude' :mello:

:scratch:

What's the matter? Don't you know I've converted?

MJRemixed;3310944 said:
Grammy for Best Male Vocal performance 2011, right there.

Yeah, the best part it´s the end with that cry.

It´s like the end of Jam from Dangerour tour.

I love how these are taken down so quickly. BTW, you revealed my identity.

I am Clark Kent!

Or maybe other....

Bruce Wayne?:

michael_jackson_batman.jpg

Back