Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Conspiracy)

it's quite difficult to understand sony's logic.

the way sony handled this album is lousy.

from streaming the wrong mix, to minimal promotion, to single release to misnaming a video...

funny that some fans are blaming fellow fans for the lackluster performance of this album.

PS: If Sony is stupid enough to release Soldier Boy and Water, can you imagine the amount of "over processing" needed?

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Conspiracy)

All I Need and Stay, like I said, Bumper(are you ignoring me?), were planned for early versions of Michael, no? The likelihood of them leaking is quite high compared to the likelihood of Water and Soldier Boy or Burn 2Nite or whatever that song is. You know what I'm saying? I think Sony freaked out that these two new songs suddenly got out. Birchey notified Sony of the leaks.

We were all wondering how people even got to hear these tracks, remember?

All I Need and Stay, like I said, Bumper(are you ignoring me?), were planned for early versions of Michael, no? The likelihood of them leaking is quite high compared to the likelihood of Water and Soldier Boy or Burn 2Nite or whatever that song is. You know what I'm saying? I think Sony freaked out that these two new songs suddenly got out. Birchey notified Sony of the leaks.

I am not ignoring you, I am just failing to see any logic in your argument. Does it mean we'll never see STTR, BG and DYKWYCA on future releases?

Did he really notify Sony? I swear to God that I saw a thread started by him in which he posted a link to download the snippet.

pentum and kapital did not leak the snippets. they were already available on twitter. they weren't the uploaders, they simply shared a link to a download that was already online--them and like 12 other people i follow. the original leak did NOT come from them. sony wanted them banned because they're the most outspoken and apparently, we're living in a military police state in the MJJC. can't believe Sony had the nerve to throw their weight around in here. actually, no, i can believe it.

^ THATS the truth.

...and if I was to speculate I could have also argued that perhaps the newer songs are to be included in a future release
God forbid!
Seriously who wants another so called Michael Jackson album containing over-processed songs sung by others but pretending to be sung by MJ (or that sound nothing like Michael Jackson), destroying his art, disrespecting the man and his legacy..?

Why do you have to be loged in in order to see this thread?

God forbid!
Seriously who wants another so called Michael Jackson album containing over-processed songs sung by others but pretending to be sung by MJ (or that sound nothing like Michael Jackson), destroying his art, disrespecting the man and his legacy..?

Apparently a lot of people....Sad.....

Apparently a lot of people....Sad.....

True... :(
Sometimes I think some people need to take a step back from the path of greed of wanting more and more MJ releases, no matter what, with only Michael Jackson printed on it counting, to realize that this album did no good...
It's a shame...

But well, no disrespect to anyone, just stating my opinion...

something new to discuss

@TeddyRiley1 soldier boy: any comment?

@damienshields Love it.

^That was obvious, wasn't it?

Is it true that two new tracks have been registered in the name of Cascio: "All or nothing" and "Green Grass"?

I think that Teddy Riley must have eaten a heavy dosis of hallucinogen mushrooms with irreversible effects.

ask Birchey for the non-obvious

Is it true that two new tracks have been registered in the name of Cascio: "All or nothing" and "Green Grass"?

I'll check. do you know anything more ? BMI? Copyright office? year etc?

edit 1 : not on BMI - these are the only MJ- Cascio songs registered

BREAKING NEWS / BURN 2 NITE / KEEP YOUR HEAD UP / MONSTER /MONSTER RAP VERSION

edit 2: no recent (2009 and later) registration for songs in that name by Cascio at copyright office.

and they are supposed to be the professional in their fields. we are all supposed to be amaterus.

not trying to pat on my back, they may want to hire me to teach them Music of Michael Jackson 101.

Sadly record companies like Sony don't know anything about music. They are just a bunch of business people in suits

Yes business people in suits not knowing anything about music and these people controll what get's released to the public and what doesn't. It makes me sick, but this is a whole other topic all togther

ask Birchey for the non-obvious

I'll check. do you know anything more ? BMI? Copyright office? year etc?

edit 1 : not on BMI - these are the only MJ- Cascio songs registered

BREAKING NEWS / BURN 2 NITE / KEEP YOUR HEAD UP / MONSTER /MONSTER RAP VERSION

Thanks for the verification. I think that someone was joking, I realized it too late.

:) shame on them

but that Burn 2 Nite registration on BMI makes me think that song will get published.

Sometimes I think some people need to take a step back from the path of greed of wanting more and more MJ releases, no matter what, with only Michael Jackson printed on it counting, to realize that this album did no good...
It's a shame...

Again, statements like these are inaccurate, it may have done no good in your standards, but it was one of the highest selling albums of the past year and was a success for Sony and The Estate.

It's a shame...

Again, statements like these are inaccurate, it may have done no good in your standards, but it was one of the highest selling albums of the past year and was a success for Sony and The Estate.

Annie, Justice_MJ started his/her post with "I think" and ended with "my opinion". It can't be more obvious that what he/she said is his/her OPINION. I honestly don't know what more he/she could say to tell people that the above post is not FACTUAL STATEMENT, but his/her OPINION. An opinion doesn't need to be factually accurate.

Anyway, even if the album is deemed a commercially viable project; it did indeed underperform according to Billboard and SM 05's informant.

The first posthumouse release of Michael Jackson. The first Michael Jackson album in nine years performed substantially below expectations.

love is magical;3342352 said:
Annie, Justice_MJ started his/her post with "I think" and ended with "my opinion". It can't be more obvious that what he/she said is his/her OPINION. I honestly don't know what more he/she could say to tell people that the above post is not FACTUAL STATEMENT, but his/her OPINION. An opinion doesn't need to be factually accurate.

Anyway, even if the album is deemed a commercially viable project; it did indeed underperform according to Billboard and SM 05's informant.

The first posthumouse release of Michael Jackson. The first Michael Jackson album in nine years performed substantially below expectations.

You're right.

And while it performed below expectations, it held a steady spot in the Billboard's top 5, after debuting at #3 with the act's like Taylor Swift, and P.Diddy, among a few others were dropping albums the same week. Who unfortunately would be competition in today's standard's, thought it never topped the TII. The album also had great success in individual countries.

# MICHAEL shipped Platinum in 14 territories including the United States, UK, Germany, France (2x), Italy (3x), Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Belgium, Czech Republic (4x), Canada, Korea and the Middle East.
# The album debuted at #1 in Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden.
# And on top of the # 1 album chart entry in Germany, sales of MICHAEL broke the country’s 2010’s first-week record with over 85,000 units sold.
# Opening week sales of more than 113,000 in the U.K. scored the biggest opening week for a new Michael Jackson studio album since ‘Dangerous’ nearly 20 years ago.
# In Japan, the album is the fourth Michael Jackson album to ever debut in the top 3, joining Bad, Thriller and last year’s “This Is It” companion album.
# The album is in the top five in Belgium (#2), US (#3), Japan (#3), the UK (#4), France (#4), Denmark (#4). In the US, the album shipped platinum and debuted at #3 of the Billboard Album chart with just under 230,000 copies sold.
# The album went Gold in 17 territories on arrival in Japan, China, Australia, Ireland, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, New Zealand, India, Philippines and Taiwan.

Source: MJFC / showbiz411.com

Those are the first week sales, btw. It's unfortunate because it seems after Sony saw those numbers they played it safe with the album, in terms of further promotion.

Did Sony play safe? Were Sony being cost-effective? Did they aim to sabotage the album? I wish I know the truth.

I feel the promotion campaign is underwhelming. It didn't make any impart; thus, the album never really registered in the minds of the public.

There are definitely things Sony can do better. For instance, why don't they have the video of Hollywood Toight premiered on American Idol? Or, they can have Sofia performed the Hollywood Tonight routine on Dancing with the Stars? Or, they can have Akon or Lenny performed HMH and AD with Michael's playback on Letterman.

I was thinking today,

Why haven't any more respected musicians or celebrities or anyone mentioned that they don't think Michael Jackson is singing on his new album?

I kind of find it odd that in the music industry there are absolutely NO Michael Jackson fans who bought the album and maybe would be raising some questions about the album? I've seen none, really. The only one I've seen is some random DJ in a magazine article saying he joined an MJ forum and now doubts the vocals are real.

I would just think that there's gotta be some celebrity or music icon hugely inspired by MJ that has heard the new album.

Usher? What has he said about it? He always said he loved MJ. Ne-Yo? Has he made a comment? People like that.

I was thinking today,

Why haven't any more respected musicians or celebrities or anyone mentioned that they don't think Michael Jackson is singing on his new album?

I kind of find it odd that in the music industry there are absolutely NO Michael Jackson fans who bought the album and maybe would be raising some questions about the album? I've seen none, really. The only one I've seen is some random DJ in a magazine article saying he joined an MJ forum and now doubts the vocals are real.

I would just think that there's gotta be some celebrity or music icon hugely inspired by MJ that has heard the new album.

Usher? What has he said about it? He always said he loved MJ. Ne-Yo? Has he made a comment? People like that.

Why would the artists risk alienating one of the most powerful music label in the world?

Because if they know, without a doubt, what Michael's voice sounds like and are a passionate lifetime fan of his music and his legacy, why wouldn't they? Why no one?

I am a Cascio songs defender,but I realized one thing.Stay/All I Need didn't contain any previous MJ samples and weren't on the album.It might be nothing,I just thought I should share this with you guys :).

Back