Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

What a throw back Bumper! I remember having a cassette player and thinking that was the stuff! :hysterical: Taping off of radio! What a hoot. I used to do that all of the time. I still have some of them!:cheeky::jump:

And even better --a double cassette player-recorder :D

I remember when I didn't have the OFF THE WALL album and when I couldn't find it anywhere in the shops any more, I came across Don't stop till ou get enough video on TV, so I took my radio cassette recorder, stuck it against the tv loud speaker and recoded the song :rofl: I still have the cassette :D

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

:teary_eyed: I hate not being able to be nostalgic!!!

But at least I found this cool smiley! :jester:

I once filled an entire cassette of JUST Give in To Me...so I wouldn't have to rewind it :fear: :lol:

:lmao:

I did more or lesst the same with Moonwalker.

I had MOONWALKER on VHS. I recoded all the music from it, especially the retrospective part from which I recoded each snippet x5 so I didn't have to rewind to hear the snippets again. At that time I didn't have:

State of shock
Rock with you
We are the world
and all video and live versions of the songs

I was so mezmerized by the film :D

I was proud to have an original MOONWALKER self-made soundtrack :lmao:

Jesta, do you know what a cassette look like? ;)

I used to have video tape of Black or White and Burcharest concert. Too bad I was not able to bring the tape with me when I moved to the States.

lol... and don't foget the yellow Sony Walkman...

:lmao: I wish I still had that!

And even better --a double cassette player-recorder :D

I remember when I didn't have the OFF THE WALL album and when I couldn't find it anywhere in the shops any more, I came across Don't stop till ou get enough video on TV, so I took my radio cassette recorder, stuck it against the tv loud speaker and recoded the song :rofl: I still have the cassette :D

:lmao: One time, my cousin (who was maybe 2 at the time), accidentally recorded over a little part of the GITM video on the Oprah interview...I almost had a heart attack...It was like 2 secs recorded over but it was still 2 seconds too many, as I was SO obsessed with that video back then lol

lol... and don't foget the yellow Sony Walkman...

I didn't have that one. I had AIWA, it was sold with a waterproof gear or whatever. But actually I never used in water, I never dared :lmao:

I also remember having a pen with me. So everytime when I wanted to rewind, in order to spare battery energy, I took the cassette out of the walkman and put the pen in one of the holes and rewinded or fast forwarded them as fast as I could with my pen.

636x460design_01-576x416.jpg

I used to have video tape of Black or White and Burcharest concert. Too bad I was not able to bring the tape with me when I moved to the States.

looooooooooooooooooooooool

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

I'M NOT THAT YOUNG!!!! I still remember the 90s, just no nostalgia about it! Aside from seeing Ghosts on MTV and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. I was right. That, and playing the few video game gems I had.

I didn't have that one. I had AIWA, it was sold with a waterproof gear or whatever. But actually I never used in water, I never dared :lmao:

I also remember having a pen with me. So everytime when I wanted to rewind, in order to spare battery energy, I took the cassette out of the walkman and put the pen in one of the holes and rewinded or fast forwarded them as fast as I could with my pen.

636x460design_01-576x416.jpg

you are so smart.... i stuck my own figner in the hole to rewind.... well... i was young then... my finger was tiny enough.

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

I'M NOT THAT YOUNG!!!! I still remember the 90s, just no nostalgia about it! Aside from seeing Ghosts on MTV and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. I was right.

Nah, teh coolest thing in the world were pepsi commercial during the BAD era :D

And one of the funniest was where a guy was so absent minded or drunk that couldn't recognize Michael :lmao:

:blowup: Damn my young age!!!! Things sounded so much funner back then... :(

you are so smart.... i stuck my own figner in the hole to rewind.... well... i was young then... my finger was tiny enough.

:lmao:...yeah, I have skinny fingers, I could probably still do that now :lol: I did use a pen once in a while though...But it had to be a pen with little grooves around it...It coudln't be smooth or it wouldn't turn the tape!

Damn digital age! Grumble grumble convenience... Well at least I have the Moonwalker cover 7" of Smooth Criminal as of today!! How many of you have that!?

Here Jesta. I remember watching this on TV just before a film.

[youtube]00ZFdnd0Aao[/youtube]

Damn digital age! Grumble grumble convenience... Well at least I have the Moonwalker cover 7" of Smooth Criminal as of today!! How many of you have that!?

you also miss the non-stop running of Michael's videos on music channel. i saw his Pepsi commercial on TV...

you also miss seeing his gigantic posters in music store...

you also miss the non-stop running of Michael's videos on music channel. i saw his Pepsi commercial on TV...

And his freshness and energy! Look at him on that pepsi video! Can you imagine at what extent he had influence on people of all ages, and especially fo course among the teenagers and young adults.

2vrv28j.gif

That is IT!!!! I'm going back in time to 1981 BEFORE all of this happened so I can witness first-hand MJ's creative boom!!!!!

Where I'm going, I don't need roads...
*Cue iconic music*

Gif-Delorean.gif

^^so cute... :huggy:

while i love mature MJ a lot, i have to admit his freshness, youthfulness and energy during the late 80's are captivating. i mean women want to sleep with him. men want to be him... he was simply phenomenal.

That is IT!!!! I'm going back in time to 1981 BEFORE all of this happened so I can witness first-hand MJ's creative boom!!!!!

Where I'm going, I don't need roads...
*Cue iconic music*

Gif-Delorean.gif

Umm, that movie is from the 80s too :D

Umm, that movie is from the 80s too :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why was I born so late!!!!???? I must construct a modern time machine using a toaster and an Xbox 360 somehow...

while i love mature MJ a lot, i have to admit his freshness, youthfulness and energy during the late 80's are captivating. i mean women want to sleep with him. men want to be him... he was simply phenomenal.

Of course, he was the biggest star in the world at that point. He was untouchable, even to the media! And on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I'm not growing my hair to look like MJ's, no matter what anybody tells you. Don't believe them. Ever.

Eddie's Writing Talents after "working" with MJ XD

First+Blood+(1982).jpg
images
predator.jpg
rocky3.jpeg
backtothefuture.jpg
ET.wallpaper.jpg
beverlyhillscop.jpg
Star-Wars-return-of-the-jedi.jpg
indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom.jpg
poltergeist25big.jpg
Lethal_Weapon_Coverart.png
Mad-Max.jpg
alien_movie_poster.jpg
cosbyshow.jpg
alf11.jpg
mr-bean.jpg
Miami-Vice-74.jpg
maxheadroom.jpg
MJ-Bad-ERA-michael-jackson-11310260-454-424.jpg

i know. i want to be five years older so i could experience the BAD era. black or white introduced me to michael. :sigh:

You were lucky to experience the Dangerous era. I only barely missed the HIStory era! Them the Invincible era hardly made any noise in terms of music being advertised, so I missed that too! The only bit of Michaelmania I got to experience first-hand was Ghosts! Granted, not a bad thing to be introduced to, but it was so late!!!

@Birchey, was that actually written by the Eddie Cascio we all know and love?

Hush, Love... Have a nice picture of MJ to look at instead of thinking about Eddie:

MJ-Dangerous-Tour-michael-jackson-7217348-1200-779.jpg

i know. i want to be five years older so i could experience the BAD era. black or white introduced me to michael. :sigh:

Destiny introduced me to Michael.

Back in time, I used to watch many movies, even from the 40s and before, things liek Charlie Chaplin. When I heard for the first time the name Michael, I liked it a lot. Then, after awhile, I heard the family name Jackson. So I thought to myself, someone whose name would be Michael Jackson would be so cool (at that point I even didn't know that MJ existed). So I remember as a kid playing with little cars and I imagined that the cars were driven by my imaginary super hero Michael Jackson. Untill one day I heard that there was a singer whose name was Michael Jackson. I was mesmerized! In awe! The first song ever, that I heard, was BAD, just when it was released, in 1987! I thought to myself, well just another singer with one good song and that's it. But when I heard Dirty Diana, I knew immediately that I became a fan. Since that day I haven't stopped listening to MJ.

p.s. And no, the Cascio singer is not my super hero MJ. :D

Back