Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

^^ :lol: Yeah, I'm that good ;)

@Birchey :lmao: at the Reddy Teddy video...

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

^^ for the comparisons? If so, we'll have to wait for TPI to reupload...They keep taking them down...

^^ for the comparisons? If so, we'll have to wait for TPI to reupload...They keep taking them down...

Yup, i wanna know what they are about. I was already pretty convinced about the Cascio tracks being nonsense...but i am curious about what this is.

Yup, i wanna know what they are about. I was already pretty convinced about the Cascio tracks being nonsense...but i am curious about what this is.

Oh, these are just more damning comparisons that TPI has amazingly compiled...They include AIN, BN, KYHU, Monster, and Stay compared to a crapload of Jason songs...Completely identical voice....They really are quite something...

This thread should be boomin' right about now. Everyone out to eat? Is there something on the TV I'm missing?

Am I drooling over what I think I'm drooling over?

Yummy juice inside? :naughty:

:rofl: Nope, that's not one of the good ones. @ Bumper

@Jesta: It's amazing! Listen to it! His last couple of albums are great. I loved Lotusflow3r too and Bria Valente's album. They're super cheap, check em out.

Lotusflow3r is one of prince's best albums. ever. i love "box of chocolates" "old skool company" and "valentina" but the BEST one is "feel good, feel better, feel wonderful"

His 2010 album is amazing too. I don't know why he gives them away so cheap. I wish everyone did. really, for me, prince is in his golden age right now. The only CDs i like better than lotusflow3r are love symbol, sign o the times, and purple rain. that's IT.

and i agree, where is everyone? maybe out for margaritas, it IS cinco de mayo :)

Sippin' margaritas while jammin' to Mamacita :dance:

^^^^ummmmmmmmm NO. i will be sippin margaritas jammin' to--pretty much anything else. actually i'm headed out to do that now. byebye!

^^ Laterz ;)

When? Where? What was the last thing you said about the questioning the Cascios?

Comments about TPIMaster's comparison videos that we in detail discussed about the flow etc. It's me examining the vocals and reprocessing information.

According to me? Alone? There is a huge number of fans who believe the Cascio tracks aren't Michael's songs/voice.

I'm a 35 year old independent female. I have never thought that I must go with the general opinion. So sorry but "huge number of fans" wouldn't be a factor for me. I'll have my independent personal opinion while not caring how favorable or how agreeable it is.

The band that I worked for had a song with the lyrics of (rough translation) "walking on the same path as everyone equals to being nobody". Let's just say I agree :)

Is all the lead voice Michael to your ears?

I said parts with supporting additional vocals.

And at the same time, are you claiming that Jason doesn't sound at all the same or at least closer than any other Michael's song on those Cascio tracks???

My opinion is that Jason is overrated and during a song can sound like Michael for 20% but on the other 80% cannot sound like Michael. I believe the vocals have differences in styles (again go back and see my posts after TPImaster's comparisons)

Parallelly, you say you hear Michael and at the same time you question the tracks? Explain that.

Already did. Remember I said I questioned the additional vocals (again remember I said parts Michael) and whether they were legit or not.

"The Cascio singer"??? Are you afraid of saying Michael Jackson?

Are you reading my posts? I said I heard parts Micheal , I said I believe there was additional supplemental vocals and I even talked about double tracking and mixing the second vocal -5, -6db to make it "not hear able". As I never said 100% Michael , I refrained from calling it like 100% Michael.

People here showed you that Jason was perfectly capable of singing whole lines in one breath. Why are you denying those posts?

No. See TPIMaster giving me one example of flow in Jason's songs and I'm replying as "yes it's close to what I mean". When I acknowledge the similarity, how could be denying it? Please give credit when it's due.

Still although there are similarities I also hear the differences (that some of you call "subtle")

Michael Jackson has an extremely powerful and instinctively recognizable voice. Michael had a solid lungs capacity and breath to produce such a strong voice. Are you saying that the Cascio tracks contain such strength, power and capacity alongside with instinctively recognizable voice?

No. I'm saying that guide vocals and finished vocals are two different things. I furthermore gave the example from my real life that our vocalist recording in a "I don't care" mood sounding "flat". My real life experience makes me believe that it's an explainable situation by the fact that these are guide vocals.

I suspect some material/snippets produced by MJ might have been stolen or ripped off or transformed (melodyned) and used with an impostor voice.

and you are free to have that opinion. just as I should be free to have mine.

The law says that plagiarism is forbidden. I show you a case of plagiarism and you defend it and qualify it as flattering for Michael. Since when plagiarism is flattering? I showed you a real singer with a real video, not a random fan cover.On top of that, instead of confirming that it is indeed plagiarism, you ask if the lyrics are the same???? Is it relevant??? Why can't you just accept what is put in front of your eyes and ears? You can clearly hear Michael's aaoows in the plagiarized song and the instrumental of HEARTBREAKER. MJ is not credited at all.

technically we can discuss many things about plagiarism. Perhaps the singer got authorization for using it? I mean several people covered MJ's songs with permission - Alien Ant Farm, Fall out boy, Weird Al, Simpson's, Flintstone kids etc etc. I asked if the lyrics were the same to see if it's a cover or not (which would have been more obvious plagiarism) but I never got the answer to make a more informed determination. Honestly I didn't know that it was a "real singer" and I'm assuming it's a "real album" then? Without knowing real singer / real album thing I said that I haven't seen musicians take action against fans covering their songs as it has no malice and no profit aim.

If you are saying to me that "that's a professional singer, put that song a released album that he sold for profit without any permission" that changes everything.

So, you are pointing out the tiny legal action, such as the removal of the amateur video Reddy Teddy as something completely normal, and you are clearly avoiding the fact that plagiarism has been shown to you and that nothing has been done.

see this is the thing that you are still confusing. You act like the persons or entity that can remove Reddy Teddy and plagiarism videos are the same and have questionable priorities. I'm saying to you that one is Sony and the other one is Cascio / Porte. So we can discuss about Sony's ineffective or even worse "do nothing" approach about plagiarism but how is that in any way relevant to what Cascio / Porte can ask to be removed? And isn't our discussion is about what Jab Me Music is asking to be removed? So again how any action or inaction from Sony is relevant?

Think about it like the "complaint" feature on this forum. You are "Sony" who never complaints and Cascio/ Porte is that user X that reports everything they can. Different parties , different behaviors.

Since when plagiarism is flattering?

This is twisting my words. I said that musicians find "fan made" tributes/ covers as flattering. Ever heard of the saying "Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery" ?

And it is not the law, but you who chose to point out what is the tiniest illegal deed against Eddy and not the biggest illegal deed against Michael -plagiarism.

see 2 above. I thought that was a fan made cover. and generally no musician would take action towards it. Let me give a recent example : Have you heard of Maria Aragon and her Lady Gaga Cover (see here : http://youtu.be/xG0wi1m-89o) . Is it copyright infringement? Yes it is. Would there be any complaint against it? Nope. Lady Gaga would tweet about it, call her, invite her to a concert and sing a duet with her.

Again as I though it was a fan made cover I -from general principle- deducted that there wouldn't be any complaints against it. If you are saying it's a professional singer with an aim to make money from releasing it then it's a totally different thing.

Well, I don't spend my time reading the law (however I did study the law, it was an obligation at the university), but I am not stupid to see that something has been plagiarized big time, while other things that have been removed are nothing compared to that plagiarism or Leslie Nilsen's movies or Reddy Teddy video.

again 2 different parties - Sony versus Cascio / Porte. We can complain about why Sony isn't taking any action against those videos but it wouldn't be relevant to what Cascio / Porte does or doesn't do.

Is Sony removing the comparison videos or not? Is it always Jab Me Music?

Many people don't hear MJ on those tracks. That's the reality.

That's half the reality. there are many people that hear Michael and say that it's Michael as well, gave their names to statement. Why reject them from the reality? Why selective?

The reality is that we are divided and some hear Michael some don't. Some experts say it's Michael and some don't.

Hearing MJ's YANA, TDCAU and Heaven can wait in three different Cascio songs isn't right! It's just not MJ's style! Although MJ reworked some of his tracks, I don't recollect a single track that is the same as the previous ones, they're all different and not a single note in any of MJ's songs reminds me the previous ones. Just admit that.

finished song versus not finished song.

Doesn't HT also have Billie Jean in it? Do you think Michael would have left it there if the was able to finish the song? This is no different than that.

What are you talking about? MJ was mocked when he was alive. No action had been taken.

Any action would have to be taken by MJ and his legal representatives. So you need to ask MJ or his representatives why he didn't take any action. (and if you ask my educated guess I would say that making a defamation claim against every single video that's negative about Michael would have been a never ending task. )

So, again your arguments seem always to go against MJ's legal possibilities. Yes, MJ is dead, but his music is still being protected under the copyright. So are you saying that because he's dead now we can download all his music? No, of course not.

Twisting my words again. I said "MJ is dead nothing can be done" for defamation / reputation. It was never about copyright. You are far more smart to not understand what I'm saying.

What drives me nuts is that you will find a million and one excuse not to take any legal action against those plagiarisms and you see million and one reasons to remove amateurish videos such as Reddy Teddy.

Again see above when I said I thought it was a fan made video. 2 key words is intent and malice. They are the differentiating factors in determining seriousness of an action.

I thought it was a "fan video" it was done as a tribute / from love from Michael and okay in terms of intent. For the Reddy Teddy as it had a clear intent of negative effect on reputation and had malicious statements of "screw up albums" I thought it to be more serious (due to intent and malice). However if you are saying that's a professional singer knowingly ripped a Michael's song for personal gain then I would agree that it's bad in regard to malice and intent.

So again, this goes in favor of Eddy&Teddy. I don't recollect once when you blamed them for the division in MJ's fan community.

Why would I blame them for division in fan community? I would blame the record executives for that , Sony who reportedly put their foot down and said that they wanted these songs regardless of controversy and what Jackons said. They knew the issues and still went forward for it.

And I said multiple times if I was running Sony I would omit these songs just to avoid controversy and that I hoped we never live through a similar event in the future. I also said that I wished that there was more transparency. I blame Sony for this division and I openly said so multiple times before.

It's just sad to see at what extent you seemingly dislike being proven wrong and that you will exploit the single legal logic, be it the last drop, only to show that you are right.

I have no problem with being wrong and I have no desire to be right. Ask around - people pm me after reading my posts and say find my arguments meaningful and convincing. I tell them all I have no desire in having people "to follow my opinions" and they should listen to their hearts in this subject.

You might even call me a defender but I have no desire to defend anyone. I have an opinion and I simply say it. I might be right , I might be wrong after all I'm human. I'm not seeking followers and I do not aim to change any one's opinion. I don't even believe it's doable.

Also, your opinion regarding the tracks is not really clear. You seem to be afarid to take position because it seems that you are again afraid to be proven wrong if ever it appears that you opted for one side or another. You say you hear Michael, then few lines after you refer to supposedly Michael as "the Cascio singer". So, who is it actually that you hear on all of the tracks as lead vocals. Only Michael? Or do you also hear an impostor voice?

Well to me it's clear. I think as for the lead it's Michael with supporting additional vocals (probably Porte as at least one). I think there are overdubbing, double tracking going on and this additional vocals is used to supplement Michael. If you back to my first post after breaking news streamed you will see me saying that I'm confused as I partly hear Michael and partly don't. That has been my position from day one.

and I didn't know that we had to pick either 100% Michael or 100% not Michael position and say stuff like "oh I'm absolute, I'll cut my hand if I'm wrong". In life there's black and white and there's also several shades of gray. I'm happily gray :)

You never really answered about the strange lyrics. They mean nothing and are so stereotyped. It is nothing but a pile of MJ-ish kind of sentences with some poor attempt to use ghetto-like or slangish/original MJ-ish expressions: "killing up the birds????", "sucking up from beneath???", "she's working two jobs????" I'm not an English speaker, but my ear's are shocked by such nonesense. and believe me, I am quite used to hear Michael's nonesense. At least Michael's nonesense make sense -- sham on.

The songs have 2 other authors. Have you ever thought about the lyrics for James's Exotic Dancer song? Or just posted song by Birchey INDIGGO - Sista by Eddie? It's not work of art.

You are not blamed. But some of your posts in favor of the Cascios are.

If difference of opinions is respected why should they blamed? Not agree with - fine but why "blame"? Why the hostility ?

--- How's that for a long post ? :p --

Comments about TPIMaster's comparison videos that we in detail discussed about the flow etc. It's me examining the vocals and reprocessing information.

I'm a 35 year old independent female. I have never thought that I must go with the general opinion. So sorry but "huge number of fans" wouldn't be a factor for me. I'll have my independent personal opinion while not caring how favorable or how agreeable it is.

The band that I worked for had a song with the lyrics of (rough translation) "walking on the same path as everyone equals to being nobody". Let's just say I agree :)

My opinion is that Jason is overrated and during a song can sound like Michael for 20% but on the other 80% cannot sound like Michael. I believe the vocals have differences in styles (again go back and see my posts after TPImaster's comparisons)

Already did. Remember I said I questioned the additional vocals (again remember I said parts Michael) and whether they were legit or not.

Are you reading my posts? I said I heard parts Micheal , I said I believe there was additional supplemental vocals and I even talked about double tracking and mixing the second vocal -5, -6db to make it "not hear able". As I never said 100% Michael , I refrained from calling it like 100% Michael.

No. See TPIMaster giving me one example of flow in Jason's songs and I'm replying as "yes it's close to what I mean". When I acknowledge the similarity, how could be denying it? Please give credit when it's due.

Still although there are similarities I also hear the differences (that some of you call "subtle")

No. I'm saying that guide vocals and finished vocals are two different things. I furthermore gave the example from my real life that our vocalist recording in a "I don't care" mood sounding "flat". My real life experience makes me believe that it's an explainable situation by the fact that these are guide vocals.

technically we can discuss many things about plagiarism. Perhaps the singer got authorization for using it? I mean several people covered MJ's songs with permission - Alien Ant Farm, Fall out boy, Weird Al, Simpson's, Flintstone kids etc etc. I asked if the lyrics were the same to see if it's a cover or not (which would have been more obvious plagiarism) but I never got the answer to make a more informed determination. Honestly I didn't know that it was a "real singer" and I'm assuming it's a "real album" then? Without knowing real singer / real album thing I said that I haven't seen musicians take action against fans covering their songs as it has no malice and no profit aim.

If you are saying to me that "that's a professional singer, put that song a released album that he sold for profit without any permission" that changes everything.

see this is the thing that you are still confusing. You act like the persons or entity that can remove Reddy Teddy and plagiarism videos are the same and have questionable priorities. I'm saying to you that one is Sony and the other one is Cascio / Porte. So we can discuss about Sony's ineffective or even worse "do nothing" approach about plagiarism but how is that in any way relevant to what Cascio / Porte can ask to be removed? And isn't our discussion is about what Jab Me Music is asking to be removed? So again how any action or inaction from Sony is relevant?

Think about it like the "complaint" feature on this forum. You are "Sony" who never complaints and Cascio/ Porte is that user X that reports everything they can. Different parties , different behaviors.

This is twisting my words. I said that musicians find "fan made" tributes/ covers as flattering. Ever heard of the saying "Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery" ?

see 2 above. I thought that was a fan made cover. and generally no musician would take action towards it. Let me give a recent example : Have you heard of Maria Aragon and her Lady Gaga Cover (see here : http://youtu.be/xG0wi1m-89o) . Is it copyright infringement? Yes it is. Would there be any complaint against it? Nope. Lady Gaga would tweet about it, call her, invite her to a concert and sing a duet with her.

Again as I though it was a fan made cover I -from general principle- deducted that there wouldn't be any complaints against it. If you are saying it's a professional singer with an aim to make money from releasing it then it's a totally different thing.

again 2 different parties - Sony versus Cascio / Porte. We can complain about why Sony isn't taking any action against those videos but it wouldn't be relevant to what Cascio / Porte does or doesn't do.

That's half the reality. there are many people that hear Michael and say that it's Michael as well, gave their names to statement. Why reject them from the reality? Why selective?

The reality is that we are divided and some hear Michael some don't. Some experts say it's Michael and some don't.

Doesn't HT also have Billie Jean in it? Do you think Michael would have left it there if the was able to finish the song? This is no different than that.

Any action would have to be taken by MJ and his legal representatives. So you need to ask MJ or his representatives why he didn't take any action. (and if you ask my educated guess I would say that making a defamation claim against every single video that's negative about Michael would have been a never ending task. )

Twisting my words again. I said "MJ is dead nothing can be done" for defamation / reputation. It was never about copyright. You are far more smart to not understand what I'm saying.

Again see above when I said I thought it was a fan made video. 2 key words is intent and malice. They are the differentiating factors in determining seriousness of an action.

I thought it was a "fan video" it was done as a tribute / from love from Michael and okay in terms of intent. For the Reddy Teddy as it had a clear intent of negative effect on reputation and had malicious statements of "screw up albums" I thought it to be more serious (due to intent and malice). However if you are saying that's a professional singer knowingly ripped a Michael's song for personal gain then I would agree that it's bad in regard to malice and intent.

Why would I blame them for division in fan community? I would blame the record executives for that , Sony who reportedly put their foot down and said that they wanted these songs regardless of controversy and what Jackons said. They knew the issues and still went forward for it.

And I said multiple times if I was running Sony I would omit these songs just to avoid controversy and that I hoped we never live through a similar event in the future. I also said that I wished that there was more transparency. I blame Sony for this division and I openly said so multiple times before.

I have no problem with being wrong and I have no desire to be right. Ask around - people pm me after reading my posts and say find my arguments meaningful and convincing. I tell them all I have no desire in having people "to follow my opinions" and they should listen to their hearts in this subject.

You might even call me a defender but I have no desire to defend anyone. I have an opinion and I simply say it. I might be right , I might be wrong after all I'm human. I'm not seeking followers and I do not aim to change any one's opinion. I don't even believe it's doable.

Well to me it's clear. I think as for the lead it's Michael with supporting additional vocals (probably Porte as at least one). I think there are overdubbing, double tracking going on and this additional vocals is used to supplement Michael. If you back to my first post after breaking news streamed you will see me saying that I'm confused as I partly hear Michael and partly don't. That has been my position from day one.

and I didn't know that we had to pick either 100% Michael or 100% not Michael position and say stuff like "oh I'm absolute, I'll cut my hand if I'm wrong". In life there's black and white and there's also several shades of gray. I'm happily gray :)

The songs have 2 other authors. Have you ever thought about the lyrics for James's Exotic Dancer song? Or just posted song by Birchey INDIGGO - Sista by Eddie? It's not work of art.

If difference of opinions is respected why should they blamed? Not agree with - fine but why "blame"? Why the hostility ?

Soz just thought it would be funny to quote that massive post (Like when "non" annoying people quote about 50 pictures someones posted), lets make this MJJC's longest page ever XD

Oh, long post.

You love it :D

:) I think the funniest is Arklove's - quoting the whole thing and just adding a smiley at the bottom :p

Yes, funny! You did it wrong, ivy :( You needed to quote your own post.

How obnoxious :D (Not you Ivy...quoting these long posts is such an asshole thing to do lol)

Last edited:

Supermen-Lovers_100x100.jpg

Those should all be linked to the Making of Breaking News!

The Faking Of Making Shoes XD

Everybody wanting a pair of brand new trainers
Reporters talking of shoes and brand new trainers
Just when you thought he was done
He comes to wear them again

They could put around Ya feet today
He wanna' take my brand new clogs away

No matter what, you just wanna' lace them again
No matter what, you just wanna' race them again

Why is it strange that I would wear a pair? (on my face)
Who is that shoe salesman your thinkin' of? (Tie a lace)
Or am I crazy cause I just indulged? (in shoes?)
This is Making Shoes
This is Making Shoes

Back