Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Is Indiggo Angelikson? I don't get it... :scratch:

No that track was wrote with Angelikson/Eddie and the music production on it is piss poor too XD

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Destiny introduced me to Michael.

Back in time, I used to watch many movies, even from the 40s and before, things liek Charlie Chaplin. When I heard for the first time the name Michael, I liked it a lot. Then, after awhile, I heard the family name Jackson. So I thought to myself, someone whose name would be Michael Jackson would be so cool (at that point I even didn't know that MJ existed). So I remember as a kid playing with little cars and I imagined that the cars were driven by my imaginary super hero Michael Jackson. Untill one day I heard that there was a singer whose name was Michael Jackson. I was mesmerized! In awe! The first song ever, that I heard, was BAD, just when it was released, in 1987! I thought to myself, well just another singer with one good song and that's it. But when I heard Dirty Diana, I knew immediately that I became a fan. Since that they I hadn't stopped listening to MJ.

... I watched an unflattering review of this in 2009:
michael-jacksons-moonwalker-genesis-box-artwork.jpg

That, and Ghosts in 1997, but I hardly had any perceptions of wanting to watch MTV at 3 years old. I feel ashamed :(

I can't imagine how much happiness you all felt when you'd see commercials on TV and things... Only thing I ever saw was the Rock My World music video. I am happy for you all that you got those memories. Michael is so magical, the 80's had a lot of magic.

I remember when I saw E.T. in the cinema, in 1982! Dayum, I'm old!

I loved ET growing up. :D

Yup... The name Michael Jackson is cool... Both first name and last name consist of seven letters. So, the name is symmetrical. Also, it's easy to pronounce. People of all race can pronounce the name with ease (my Chinese 63 year-old mother can pronounce the name almost perfectly)...

I remember I heard the name Michael Jackson (in Chinese translation) so much when I was a kid. I didn't even know who Michael Jackson was, but I heard of his name so often. It's like I knew him before really knowing him.

Reddy Teddy GO!!!! Complete final super 3000 edition is done, we had a slight problem in production as we could not come to agreements on the contract with one of our stars so we used state of the art CGI to recreate him

Bumper, if your story is true about that, which I don't know why you'd lie, that is a wildly amazing story. :)

Luckily I was born late enough, when I was about three or four years old Free Willy came out and was obsessed with that movie and Will You Be There, of course, opened the movie, and that song was really powerful to me, changed my life. I always loved Michael since I was that young and I think I've always been searching sort of for his energy when I listen to music since then.

Bumper, if your story is true about that, which I don't know why you'd lie, that is a wildly amazing story. :)

Of course it's true. I coined the name Michael Jackson for my imaginary hero without even knowing that a Michael Jackson exists. Only years after I discovered with the BAD video that a real Michael Jackson existed. And it was probably a coincidence, but I loved the video, the music and the outfit immediately. It was so uncommon and so original that I was glad to have named my imaginary super hero like that.

Reddy Teddy GO!!!! Complete final super 3000 edition is done, we had a slight problem in production as we could not come to agreements on the contract with one of our stars so we used state of the art CGI to recreate him

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

gotta love it!

Today's mainstream music is just crap plain and simple. How anyone can like or put up with the music that's being played on the radio today mind boggles the hell out of me. Do these people honestly like this crap or do they think ''Oh well this is all we got so we might as well put up with it?''

When it comes to music these days people's expectations have become so boringly low!

This Is It was going to be my first taste of Michaelmania.

I'm 18, I've been a fan since I can remember and can remember You Rock My World but I was too young to understand anything about it really, I was waiting so very long for Michael to come back after supporting him in the trial. I remember when the concerts were announced, felt like heaven, then I got tickets!!! Was absoloutely incredible I had never been so happy, all I could think of was not even just me seeing him perform, but that very first show, and all of the amazing headlines that we would've seen all over the globe and the fans reactions and all the excitement that goes with it...all just dreams now :(

Today's mainstream music is just crap plain and simple. How anyone can like or put up with the music that's being played on the radio today mind boggles the hell out of me. Do these people honestly like this crap or do they think ''Oh well this is all we got so we might as well put up with it?''

When it comes to music these days people's expectations have become so boringly low!

Well it has been governed by money industry and not by the musicians.

You guys have such great stories! :( All I have is that I was bored one day as saw of a review of this:

Again, I did see Ghosts in 1997 but I was at the point where I didn't like music and didn't follow MJ because I simply didn't listen to his wonderful compositions back then. :(

Well it has been governed by money industry and not by the musicians.

Yeah. People who run record companies now a days are not musicians who do it for the love and the passion for the music. Today they are run by people who studied business studies in school and college

I have no idea, but I can't stand what's on the radio anymore. It's all about drinking and partying and having sex. Although I'll admit sometimes I sing along to it. I sing along to Katy Perry, Rihanna, Usher, Chris Brown, but only because I'm forced to listen to it for hours and hours some days.

Otherwise I listen to music that is never played on the radio. My top artists besides Michael are Prince, David Bowie, John Legend, Bryan Ferry, Sade, John Lennon, Janet you know.. the list goes on and on.

John Legend is contemporary, I never hear his music, I didn't hear Sade's new single ever, I heard Hold My Hand once.

I guess I don't listen to many contemporary artists... I enjoy some of Akon's music, I love Bright Eyes' new album. I love Depeche Mode(still around) and what Thom Yorke does. I enjoyed some of OMD's new album.

Nas and Damian Marley released an excellent album just a year ago I believe. Sade's new album a year ago was incredible...

You just don't hear it on the radio anymore.

Trouble is a lot of the music these days is disposable, they won't be remembered in 5-10 years time as they don't really have any substance and are made for that moment in time going with the trends. I love Kanye Wests new album, really rate it, and Janelle Monáe is bloody brilliant, but there aren't too many more at the moment that interest me.

I have no idea, but I can't stand what's on the radio anymore. It's all about drinking and partying and having sex. Although I'll admit sometimes I sing along to it. I sing along to Katy Perry, Rihanna, Usher, Chris Brown, but only because I'm forced to listen to it for hours and hours some days.

Otherwise I listen to music that is never played on the radio. My top artists besides Michael are Prince, David Bowie, John Legend, Bryan Ferry, Sade, John Lennon, Janet you know.. the list goes on and on.

John Legend is contemporary, I never hear his music, I didn't hear Sade's new single ever, I heard Hold My Hand once.

I guess I don't listen to many contemporary artists... I enjoy some of Akon's music, I love Bright Eyes' new album. I love Depeche Mode(still around) and what Thom Yorke does. I enjoyed some of OMD's new album.

Nas and Damian Marley released an excellent album just a year ago I believe. Sade's new album a year ago was incredible...

You just don't hear it on the radio anymore.

YOu are right; Listen to this :D

[youtube]LDtYkOrV4-E[/youtube]

Yeah, you never know! I listen to whatever I can and if I enjoy it, the message, the melody, the music, I listen to it more.

I am always trying to stay current with music because I know there's a lot of good stuff coming out, especially these days. Music has had a revival lately, in my opinion, and I think maybe Michael's death and people revisiting his work has had a little to do with it.

What ever happened to artistry!? MJ was a gentleman until the very end, that's what made him so great!... Well, that and everything else! :p

The biggest problem with music today is that alot of songs has no melody or very little melody. Why can't these hot ''beat making producers'' of today understand that it's the melody that what moves people? Yes having a good beat to a song is important but it's the melodies in a song that move me the most. It's like someone giving you a beef burger but with only the bun and no burger inside. Now it seems fashonable just to see how melodic-less people can make they're music these

and a quote from Michael Jackson himself - ''The beat of the moment may become outdated in a few years but the melodies will live on forever''

All those comparison links don't work anymore...i was wondering if there was anything new about it, but i can't download it.

Some good music that just came out:

Hey, I have that Prince album! Haven't listened to it much, though. I find it weird that Prince has put his last couple of albums as freebies in newspapers...

:rofl: Nope, that's not one of the good ones. @ Bumper

@Jesta: It's amazing! Listen to it! His last couple of albums are great. I loved Lotusflow3r too and Bria Valente's album. They're super cheap, check em out.

As if I missed all this talk :( I just had a travel consult for 2 people travelling to 8 different African countries. Now I'm tired :lol:

Random fact: I saw someone from Canada driving through my little town in the midwest today with a Canadian flag waving. You made me think of that.

Random fact: I saw someone from Canada driving through my little town in the midwest today with a Canadian flag waving. You made me think of that.

That was me :D lol

Wow, you really are a busy person! Always on the move, posting here, working, connecting the world together!

Back