Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

100% agreed with this. I am confident that i will ALWAYS be able to tell the difference. but i'm sure you're right, it's going to be harder next time, if they do do it again.

and @loveismagical, you are totally right. i've read every post in this thread. I'm usually away from my computer and can't post, but it IS very interesting and enlightening. i also agree with you that the "doubters" have never, not once, underestimated michael's abilities in this thread. It's not that we don't think that he COULD record 12 crappy songs in 4 months, in a basement, we just don't think he would.

Exactly, it's not COULD he, but WOULD he?

As Tom pointed out, Michael left so many quality recordings unfinished in his career, why would he record those amateruish tracks in a poorly equiped studio? I don't think he would.

(Disclaimer: Someone will pop in and say the above is just my opinon and not a fact. So, now I clearly state that the above is my opinion drawn from my knowledge of Michael's work styles throughout his career.)

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Exactly, it's not COULD he, but WOULD he?

As Tom pointed out, Michael left so many quality recordings unfinished in his career, why would he record those amateruish tracks in a poorly equiped studio? I don't think he would.

(Disclaimer: Someone will pop in and say the above is just my opinon and not a fact. So, now I clearly state that the above is my opinion drawn from my knowledge of Michael's work styles throughout his career.)

Yes, but Eddie Cascio confirmed that he was pushing the buttons while Michael was singing.
And Teddy proved it by saying: "It's Michael" and "Nobody can scream like that." This latter was probably referred to copy-pasted vocals of the real Michael.

'I was there...pushing buttons..'...I still can't get over how ridiculous that sounds....:hysterical:

I've heard so many artists say 'pushing the buttons' before when referring to recording.

'I was there...pushing buttons..'...I still can't get over how ridiculous that sounds....:hysterical:

I actually found it funny. Lol

I've heard so many artists say 'pushing the buttons' before when referring to recording.
There is nothing wrong in the expression "pushing buttons", but the way Eddie said it was hilarious. He was invited to prove that Michael recorded songs in his studio and all he said actually was that "I was pushing buttons", as if there was nothing else that could have been done or said to prove it is Michael on those vocals. It was hilarious. It sounded actually extremely amateurish.

Yes, but Eddie Cascio confirmed that he was pushing the buttons while Michael was singing.
And Teddy proved it by saying: "It's Michael" and "Nobody can scream like that." This latter was probably referred to copy-pasted vocals of the real Michael.

I wonder what button he pushed. Whatever button it is, I hope he never touches that button again; beacause that button managed to remove the richness and sparks of the vocals of one of the best vocalists ever lived. :smilerolleyes:

I wonder what button he pushed. Whatever button it is, I hope he never touches that button again; beacause that button managed to remove the richness and sparks of the vocals of one of the best vocalists ever lived. :smilerolleyes:

The 'Malachi' button

Lol! That's why it was funny. He sounded exactly as if actually he was looking either for words what to say on Oprah or for buttons --kinda "and what will happen if I press that button, or this one, or that one, hmmm...oh this is for that, wow cool,..."
LOOOOL

^^ Exactly...it was the vagueness with which he said it.....He says...'I was there...(pause, searches for a bullshit thought)....pushing buttons...' ....like it was all he could come up with....

I find it interesting that the Cascio's were so detailed when it came to their relationship with Michael and the little things he would do at their place....Yet, they were so vague attempting to prove that Mike was singing on those songs....

^^ Exactly...it was the vagueness with which he said it.....He says...'I was there...(pause, searches for a bullshit thought)....pushing buttons...' ....like it was all he could come up with....

I find it interesting that the Cascio's were so detailed when it came to their relationship with Michael and the little things he would do at their place....Yet, they were so vague attempting to prove that Mike was singing on those songs....

Teddy's attempt was so much worse.

*pause* *pause* *pause* *pause* This is Michaels voice.

*round of applause*

You've worked with MJ, heard first hand as he created such masterpieces as In The Closet and Jam and that's your proof?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: and his facial expression was funny too!

Okay, usually when people asked me something I'm very excited about (for example, a project at work that I'm heavily involved), I can't wait to give details and explain. When my mom's friend asked her how she made the chicken, she gave detailed descriptions to a point that I have to cut her off. I guess it's human nature to talk about one's interest.

When given the opportunity to showcast his production skill, Eddie said he pushed buttons... lol... Oh well... may be Eddie was starstruck. He's on Oprah...

Did I tell you? I have demos of Michael who recorded songs in my basement. I was pushing buttons, but when he heard the results he expressed his wish not to be credited on those tracks. However, I will show you the demos and you tell me what do you think, should I release them on the next posthuous album and share with other fans, or should I jaelously keep them only for myself? Here they are (raw vocals after warming up with Seth Riggs):

Man in the mirror - alternative version:
[youtube]uwzcF1M2yj4&feature=related[/youtube]

Earth Song another alternative version:
[youtube]m-vvVspJALc[/youtube]

Billie Jean - alternative version:
[youtube]E73LnX2TqNU[/youtube]

Teddy's attempt was so much worse.

*pause* *pause* *pause* *pause* This is Michaels voice.

*round of applause*

You've worked with MJ, heard first hand as he created such masterpieces as In The Closet and Jam and that's your proof?

The sound enginners on gearsluz were able to tell much better stories.

So, Teddy was given such a great platform to share his expereince on one of the most watched TV program and the best he could come up with was "This is Michael's voice. Nobody can scream like Michael." :doh:

^^ Gearslutz is the greatest forum EVER....haha...I think I spent about 4 hours straight reading that entire thread...I just couldn't stop!

Did I tell you? I have demos of Michael who recorded songs in my basement. I was pushing buttons, but when he heard the results he expressed his wish not to be credited on those tracks. However, I will show you the demos and you tell me what do you think, should I release them on the next posthuous album and share with other fans, or should I jaelously keep them only for myself? Here they are (raw vocals after warming up with Seth Riggs):

Man in the mirror - alternative version:
[youtube]uwzcF1M2yj4&feature=related[/youtube]

Earth Song another alternative version:
[youtube]m-vvVspJALc[/youtube]

Billie Jean - alternative version:
[youtube]E73LnX2TqNU[/youtube]

OMG OMG OMG OMG :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But wait... they aren't "new" tracks :mello:
You'll have to stick them on yet another greatest hits release, Button Pusher. Nobody will know the difference, they sound so much like Michael. ;)

The sound enginners on gearsluz were able to tell much better stories.

So, Teddy was given such a great platform to share his expereince on one of the most watched TV program and the best he could come up with was "This is Michael's voice. Nobody can scream like Michael." :doh:

The funny thing is that many screams were copy-pasted from previous demos or songs lol, exactly the same way Lenny did it for "Another Day".

I just found it a pitty that Lenny didn't sing two additional verses, it is an excellent singer, really. I mean like Lenny starts a verse, Michael continues, Lenny takes over and finally Michael finishes it. Or the other way round - Michael starts, then Lenny, Michael, Lenny.

Somebody answered me that it is because there aren't many songs where Michael sings looool.

You'll have to stick them on yet another greatest hits release, Button Pusher. Nobody will know the difference, they sound so much like Michael. ;)

Don't worry, i'll ask teddy to make them new.

It's okay. Fans buy anything from Sony to support his legacy.

The next album might very well be Michael Jackson: The Greatest Hits (Button Pusher Version), Sony can get Bumper to Oprah. Bumper can explain how he pushed the buttons when Michael's singing.

Oprah: "Is it really Michael singing?"

Bumper: *show picture of his basement studio with a mic stand, a mattress on the side* *pause* *pause* "What the hell, Oprah? I was pusing buttons. Don't you know ain't nobody scream like Michael."

It's okay. Fans buy anything from Sony to support his legacy.

The next album might very well be Michael Jackson: The Greatest Hits (Button Pusher Version), Sony can get Bumper to Oprah. Bumper can explain how he pushed the buttons when Michael's singing.

Oprah: "Is it really Michael singing?"

Bumper: *show picture of his basement studio with a mic stand, a mattress on the side* *pause* *pause* "What the hell, Oprah? I was pusing buttons. Don't you know ain't nobody scream like Michael."

Here's my basement:

mine.JPG

Here's the material we used to record the songs:

!CBOZ5vg!mk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EzLepD(iYBNG)MLTHfw~~_7.JPG

^^if they really need to copy and paste from prior recordings, at least do it more skillfully and subtlely. The "heeheehee" in Breaking News is so from In the Closet. Teddy, really? I mean really? Why screwed your own baby like this? In the Closet is such a great Michael Jackson/Teddy Riley collaboration.

^^ Bumper, your first pic doesn't show up...and the second one.....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Eddie uses that same one, Bumper....The only difference is that it has a few extra special features...such as the Malachi button (aka, the 'F*ck Your Friend Over button')

Last edited:

We also worked on the choreography of the songs, here is one highlight:

[youtube]MLv6aiwTkqI[/youtube]

^^ Bumper, your first pic doesn't show up...and the second one.....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Eddie uses that same one, Bumper....The only difference is that it has a few extra special features...such as the Malachi button (aka, the 'F*ck Your Friend Over button')

In additional to the Eff Your Friend Over button, I believe he also pushed the sheepish vibrato button, the snort button, the accent changing button...

wow.. he did push some buttons.

Not less than George W. Bush is my credible witness that all what I say is the truth, here is what he has to say:

[youtube]kxz13m2WKBQ[/youtube]

In additional to the Eff Your Friend Over button, I believe he also pushed the sheepish vibrato button, the snort button, the accent changing button...

wow.. he did push some buttons.

No, no.....I meant he bought the DELUXE version....All of those buttons are now featured on the F*ck Your Friend Over button...Similar to the Easy Button

easy-button.jpg

Annie, you've brought up this inaccuracy before and you've also been reminded of the above percentages, so why do you bring it up again?

But it's true, like I said, those who believed it was Michael, were in the lead of the poll for a large amount of time. Until non-believers started complaining about the results being inaccurate, then those who were unsure were being supported in the polls, when before they weren't. Once they were accounted for, it became clear that those people affected the polls, whereas before the unsure were in the "yes" column and not the "no" column. It's not an inaccuracy, more people voted long after responses were left in the thread, and the results changed.

With that said, not every member of this forum voted on that poll, not every member of this forum has voiced their own opinion regarding the records, so to say the majority of this forum believes it isn't Michael, is inaccurate. Because only a portion of us actually voted in the poll, so how would you know what the majority thinks without having the opinion of every member?

Like it or not, it's a inaccurate statement.

Just to be a bit more accurate, about 40% of those who voted, believe it's Michael on the songs, 35% of those who voted says it's not, the 6% are those who are unsure, and the other 20 % that some of you clobber into the "it's not Michael" category, for the benefit of the argument, despite having their own separate column, are made up of those who feel Michael only sings parts of the songs as opposed to not singing at all.

Last edited:

No, no.....I meant he bought the DELUXE version....All of those buttons are now featured on the F*ck Your Friend Over button...Similar to the Easy Button

easy-button.jpg

Gotcha. The "all-in-one" deluxe F*ck Your Friend Over Button...

That's easy... :cheeky:

But it's true, like I said, those who believed it was Michael, were in the lead of the poll for a large amount of time. Until non-believers started complaining about the results being inaccurate, then those who were unsure were being supported in the polls, when before they weren't. Once they were accounted for, it became clear that those people affected the polls, whereas before the unsure were in the "yes" column and not the "no" column. It's not an inaccuracy, more people voted long after responses were left in the thread, and the results changed.

With that said, not every member of this forum voted on that poll, not every member of this forum has voiced their own opinion regarding the records, so to say the majority of this forum believes it isn't Michael, is inaccurate. Because only a portion of us actually voted in the poll, so how would you know what the majority thinks without having the opinion of every member?

donalb's original post:

Please know that the MAJORITY of the MJJC community members who have expressed their opinions about these tracks in various polls believe that Michael is not singing on these songs or only in parts which is a very BIG deal. In addition to this "silent" majority, I am extremely grateful to the very active posters in this thread who continue to stand up for the truth about these fake songs.

No one said the majority of the forum itself.

Like it or not, it is an accurate statement.

Last edited:

Just to be a bit more accurate, about 40% of those who voted, believe it's Michael on the songs, 35% of those who voted says it's not, the 6% are those who are unsure, and the other 20 % that some of you clobber into the "it's not Michael" category, for the benefit of the argument, despite having their own separate column, are made up of those who feel Michael only sings parts of the songs as opposed to not singing at all.

If my memory isn't failing me I voted "MJ sings parts". However I didn't mean MJ + impostor. I meant MJ + legit additional vocals. So I guess I'm combined into "not Michael" category then? Perhaps we should have been more clearer about what does "part Michael" meant because it looks like I misunderstood it? Because my understanding of the poll was like "100% Michael", "100% NOT Michael" , "some percentage of Michael" and "I don't know".

Back