Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Conspiracy)

I'm still not able to access the Immortal board. I wonder if Sony had a word about that? Get this guy out of the thread that promotes our current projects? Wow...

Nothing much going on in the Immortal sub-forum anyway. This thread has always been the most popular one in that sub-forum; even though some said you drove people away.

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Conspiracy)

Nothing much going on in the Immortal sub-forum anyway. This thread has always been the most popular one in that sub-forum; even though some said you drove people away.

Yeah, funny that. I was banned for about a month or so and NONE of those people posted in my absence. Funny that!

Yeah, funny that. I was banned for about a month or so and NONE of those people posted in my absence. Funny that!

Well, we all know things aren't quite as interesting without you, dude ;) We all loooooooooooooove you :D

Well, we all know things aren't quite as interesting without you, dude ;) We all loooooooooooooove you :D

Awwwww shucks :)

i heard the stream on friday will be "going to chicago" aka "she's loving me" or something like that. that's all i know.

What song is this? Not heard about it before :)

When I heard Chicago, I immediately thought of "Chicago 1945", one of the inspirations for "Smooth Criminal". That was worked on again during the Invincible sessions, right?

Finally caught up on this thread, I think! :D

I am one of the people who believes that Sony has been purposely sabotaging Michael Jackson's work and legacy, not only for the catalog but for even other conspiratorial reasons, but I am just having a difficult time putting the logic of this all together. That's why I'd like something more than a comparison video or Eddie Cascio on Oprah saying, "It is Michael Jackson."

I have always said the voice sounds different in places.

Sony need to be more transparent about this and their silence just confirms that these tracks are faked. If they would just release something simple and legitimate we could move on, but their complete lack of doing so really disturbs me and raises more curiosity about these tracks.

Well remember when Jason was on this forum in 2008? He hinted at something about doing something with MJ. He said we would soon know what it is.

From then until now I always thought it was some sort of collaboration with MJ, OR, releasing an album of new MJ and Jason songs, in a game for people to guess for who's singing which song. The day I heard BN, I believed what he said was true, and that's exactly what the Michael album is about.

From then until now I always thought it was some sort of collaboration with MJ, OR, releasing an album of new MJ and Jason songs, in a game for people to guess for who's singing which song. The day I heard BN, I believed what he said was true, and that's exactly what the Michael album is about.
I have thought this before as well. You could be right. :)

Also, this could have been an idea of Michael's that Sony perhaps took too seriously or too far? Or perhaps Eddie took this too far?

Maybe Michael had joked about the controversy that would be generated if something like this was done and Sony saw dollar signs in it and marketing genius of it and decided to give it a shot.

Or maybe it was Michael's big "F-U" to the company?

...One can dream.

Yeah, he writes twelve bogus songs, "Here you go, Sony."

"What the f*** is this, Michael? Breaking News? Is this a joke?"

"It's your new MICHAEL JACKSON album, assholes."

Michael walks out, confidently whistling Best Of Joy.

What song is this? Not heard about it before :)

ya i don't know anything about it. i heard he repeats the line "she was loving me" several times. my first thought was chicago 1945 too. i never heard of it before today. i guess we'll know soon!

Last edited:

I just wonder what is illegal about posting a link of a snippet that hadn't been leaked by those who posted the link?

So if I post a youtube video for example it would be illegal even if I didn't make the video?

And why we still haven't received the answer regarding the leaks of:

-STTR
-BG
-DYKWYCA

+ the Cascio ones:

-ALL I NEED
-STAY

Can anyone give me a sane logical explanation between those and sharing (not leaking) the links of snippets of:

-WATER
-SOLDIER BOY

SONY is not only trying to get awat with the questionable songs, but also fail to explain logic behind all this? Are they panicking about WATER and SOLDIER BOY? Is there something more blatantly indicating that it is NOT MJ on those songs compared to other leaked stuff? I'd really like to hear the entire songs to pinpoint what is SONY's fear regarding those songs.

Bumper, technically yes, even sharing a Youtube link of an unreleased/leaked song could get yourself banned. Many many music forums have a strict policy on not sharing any sort of leaked material whatsoever.

Bumper, technically yes, even sharing a Youtube link of an unreleased/leaked song could get yourself banned. Many many music forums have a strict policy on not sharing any sort of leaked material whatsoever.

Well if posting a poor several second snippet is illegal, how come that All I need and Stay entire songs leaks are not illegal? Where's the logic here?

Well I would think it is. I was quite surprised when I noticed Slave To The Rhythm(although I've heard that song isn't copyrighted) being put on here in full, also TAK's early version of Michael.

I was thinking, "Umm.. is any moderator or administrator going to remove these?" Any other (popular)forum you'd go to would most likely have those closed, deleted and thrown in the trash within minutes because of, like I said, their strict policies on sharing leaked material.

So that's why I wasn't surprised when I saw 2000 Watts gone, and I don't doubt that they hid that forum from the general public because of all the free media being shared!

I think Soldier Boy and Water are also higher up on the 'Classified MJ Material' list than All I Need and Stay which just barely missed the Michael cut.

Well I would think it is. I was quite surprised when I noticed Slave To The Rhythm(although I've heard that song isn't copyrighted) being put on here in full, also TAK's early version of Michael.

I was thinking, "Umm.. is any moderator or administrator going to remove these?" Any other (popular)forum you'd go to would most likely have those closed, deleted and thrown in the trash within minutes because of, like I said, their strict policies on sharing leaked material.

So that's why I wasn't surprised when I saw 2000 Watts gone, and I don't doubt that they hid that forum from the general public because of all the free media being shared!

I think Soldier Boy and Water are also higher up on the 'Classified MJ Material' list than All I Need and Stay which just barely missed the Michael cut.

Right, and how about "Can't get your weight off of me" snippet then? You can easily find it on youtube, share it despite the fact that it will probably make it to the one of the future releases?

It's 7 seconds and hasn't that been on Youtube for quite some time now? It literally reveals nothing about the song, really, except that it's blatantly Michael Jackson. :D

It's 7 seconds and hasn't that been on Youtube for quite some time now? It literally reveals nothing about the song, really, except that it's blatantly Michael Jackson. :D

So there's a number of seconds that are legal and beyond that it's illegal? For the info, it's been on youtube since its leak and never removed.

Well do you know who leaked that snippet? Obviously it's so short for a reason.

Well do you know who leaked that snippet? Obviously it's so short for a reason.

Now, it doesn't matter who leaked it. What I don't understand is how come anyone can share it the same way Kapital and Pentum shared the link of Water and Soldier Boy. What is the difference?

You can't see the difference in nearly triple the length of time, multiple snippets, lines of lyrics, etc?.

You can't see the difference in nearly triple the length of time, multiple snippets, lines of lyrics, etc?.

Legally I can't see the difference.

So I think I am getting more and more like Will Smith in I-Robot:

[youtube]O9xRhwmHBBE[/youtube]

Pentum and Kapital, did NOT leak the song. I know that 100%.

Either way, what right did Sony have to tell ANYONE to ban them for LIFE??? They could have been warned and that would have been that.

I worry that they've actually been banned because of their comparison videos and the recent 'leak' fiasco is just a smokescreen to get them off the site. Pretty stupid really as there will ALWAYS be comparison clips regardless of who is and isn't on this site.

Any future Sony/Michael Jackson product is doomed to fail anyway. Not because of me or Pentum or Kapital but because the people who are in charge of Michael Jackson products at Sony can't tell a Michael Jackson song from a Jason Malachi one.

Ban who you want. Sony are screwed either way.

Anyway, SONY doesn't care, they use "Michael Jackson" name to advertize themselves, they don't use SONY name to advertize Michael jackson.

Let me try this one. Your differences would be the source and the initial leak / link.

For the older leaks we know the source to be TAK. and that we heard that legal action was taken in that case.

Now let's look to this one. A person that happens to be a banned old member and a friend of at least one of the above people leaks/ uploads and posts the link on twitter. That links are then posted and brought here. So in short what happened was unfortunately they have become the initial distributor of the leak. ( I don't think they planned or wanted that actually I know they didn't want that but unfortunately it happened)

Now was the reaction / request from Sony legal team was too harsh? Probably.

But don't you see the logic behind it? The person who uploaded them now rejects any requests because he doesn't want to be sued. If any of you comes across a link on twitter would you post it other places on other forums etc? After seeing the ban request you probably wouldn't do that, right? see? they successfully stopped a leak of the full song and further snippets. and "warning" probably wouldn't be that effective.

And finally just because a leak happened, some songs got out of their control and became widely available doesn't mean that they'll sit down and let the same happen to other songs. (so for example you can't really argue that the leak and availability of "stay" makes it acceptable to leak / distribute/ made available of "water") If they could stop them, they would.

------------

Edited to add : I believe both Kapital and Pentum understand why it happened. They know that it wasn't a decision coming from us but it had to be followed. Gaz is trying to reverse it.

Let me try this one. Your differences would be the source and the initial leak / link.

For the older leaks we know the source to be TAK. and that we heard that legal action was taken in that case.

Now let's look to this one. A person that happens to be a banned old member and a friend of at least one of the above people leaks/ uploads and posts the link on twitter. That links are then posted and brought here. So in short what happened was unfortunately they have become the initial distributor of the leak. ( I don't think they planned or wanted that actually I know they didn't want that but unfortunately it happened)

Now was the reaction / request from Sony legal team was too harsh? Probably.

But don't you see the logic behind it? The person who uploaded them now rejects any requests because he doesn't want to be sued. If any of you comes across a link on twitter would you post it other places on other forums etc? After seeing the ban request you probably wouldn't do that, right? see? they successfully stopped a leak of the full song and further snippets. and "warning" probably wouldn't be that effective.

And finally just because a leak happened, some songs got out of their control and became widely available doesn't mean that they'll sit down and let the same happen to other songs. (so for example you can't really argue that the leak and availability of "stay" makes it acceptable to leak / distribute/ made available of "water") If they could stop them, they would.

------------

Edited to add : I believe both Kapital and Pentum understand why it happened. They know that it wasn't a decision coming from us but it had to be followed. Gaz is trying to reverse it.

is it a little naive for Sony to think they can stop the leaked songs from spreading around by ordeing fan forums to ban people?

if i see a link to download a song, i'll pm my friends the link, my friends will then pm their friends the link. my friends' friends will then pm their friends the link. sooner rather than later, the link will get viral. even the link is removed, one of those friends can always upload.

once security is breached, there is not that much Sony can do.

full songs in great quality, such as STTR, Blue Gangster and DYKWYCA are avialable on youtube. i wish Sony is more diligent in getting those songs removed. by the time those songs find their ways to an official album, they will suffer the same fatigue HMH suffered.

leaking is a risk that Sony should have considered and should have put in extra caution at the very beginning.

based on what i've heard so far, soulja boy and water are nowhere near STTR. (yeah, i know i'm jumping to conclusion too prematurely. the snippets sound horrible).

So why would Sony be more concerned about SB and Water when STTR is obviously the hottest one out there? I don't think it's so odd that Sony got upset. Fact is, if Pentum and Kapital77 hadn't shared those links then at least dozens of people(lol) probably wouldn't have heard the snippets.

Back