Michael - The Great Album Debate

Stop treating Cory Rooney as a "proponent" as he was fired by MJ himself as being a spy from Sony. He's just jealous that the track he worked on for MJ was rejected.

Stop treating Cory Rooney as a "proponent" as he was fired by MJ himself as being a spy from Sony. He's just jealous that the track he worked on for MJ was rejected.
So what if he was fired? That doesn't mean he will start working together with Taryll, screaming out on Twitter that the songs are fake, which is obvious.

I believe his "rejected song" has nothing to do with this.

I really wish we knew what actually happened. Since Michael was at least friendly with the Cascio's and paid them a few visits, you'd think that he was probably at least told about or shown the Cascio songs?

Like I have thought maybe Eddie and his friends, or whoever, wrote these songs for Michael to try to revive his career a bit, give him some more modern sounding music or something, and he just never got around to finishing it so they had to get Jason to come and fill in the huge gaps, which was basically just recording all the lead vocals.

The strangest bit is that Michael never even mentions these songs, not in any notes he left behind or anything that shows he had interest or knew about them at all.

It's all so strange. It's one of the most unique things I've ever come across. Like has been said a few times, this is really unprecedented. It's sad, bizarre, incredible and mysterious. Sometimes I don't even know what to think about it... All I know is that it doesn't sound like the real Michael and exactly like I know Jason Malachi to sound.

I really wish we knew what actually happened. Since Michael was at least friendly with the Cascio's and paid them a few visits, you'd think that he was probably at least told about or shown the Cascio songs?

Like I have thought maybe Eddie and his friends, or whoever, wrote these songs for Michael to try to revive his career a bit, give him some more modern sounding music or something, and he just never got around to finishing it so they had to get Jason to come and fill in the huge gaps, which was basically just recording all the lead vocals.

The strangest bit is that Michael never even mentions these songs, not in any notes he left behind or anything that shows he had interest or knew about them at all.

It's all so strange. It's one of the most unique things I've ever come across. Like has been said a few times, this is really unprecedented. It's sad, bizarre, incredible and mysterious. Sometimes I don't even know what to think about it... All I know is that it doesn't sound like the real Michael and exactly like I know Jason Malachi to sound.

I think your pretty much spot on. I don't think Michael had any involvement with these songs whatsoever. There is certainly nothing to suggest that. I also believe that 3 - 4 songs were written after Michael died. The mistake they made was in doing so many songs, obviously with the intent of having an album. If they'd done just a couple of songs then they could have really worked on ironing out the kinks and the little giveaways and it might have been a more believable scenario.

I agree the whole thing is unprecedented. The closest comparison is Milli Vanilli but that isn't really the same. The whole thing is disgusting.

I remember Michael wrote H2O on a note which was full of song names during This Is It rehearsal.
Maybe he was refering to the Cascio track "Water",or he was refering to the Neff-U tracks he also worked on.

I remember Michael wrote H2O on a note which was full of song names during This Is It rehearsal.
Maybe he was refering to the Cascio track "Water",or he was refering to the Neff-U tracks he also worked on.

H20 is copyrighted as a Neff U/MJ track. It doesn't have any relation to the fake Cascio track. That list of songs was in his home and could be seen in that awful Murray documentary.

Last edited:
I think your pretty much spot on. I don't think Michael had any involvement with these songs whatsoever. There is certainly nothing to suggest that.
Do you remember when Birchey made that really great post about the details of the Cascio songs? Where he posted he was 99% sure it's Jason Malachi on lead vocals?

But he also said he thinks maybe there's a tiny bit of Michael in the background? What do you think of that?

Also there were some songs named "Black Lady" (Black Widow?) and "Rock Tonight (Burn Tonight?).

Hmm, it's a possibility but who knows, it could be a stretch, too, you know? Unfortunately, if they are the same songs, he didn't refer to them by the same names. "Black Lady" vs. "Black Widow" and "Rock Tonight" vs. "Burn 2 Nite/Burn Tonight" slightly imply to me that the lyrical content or some theme about the songs is different. I think those are somewhat significant changes. However, perhaps Michael heard some of the Cascio demos and had his own ideas on improving them, changing the songs into more of his own? We may never know, it's just speculation.

CASCIO MEME TIME!

24147931.jpg

24147636.jpg

24147777.jpg

There's another Neff-U track called water right?

Last edited:
CASCIO MEME TIME!

24147636.jpg
I sent my girlfriend the youtube clip of I Am The Loser again the other day when I was having another moment of extreme craving for that song. Then I started talking about the Cascio debacle and she starts thinking I'm referring to I Am The Loser! I'm like, no... That's Michael, isn't it obvious? :lol: I said, "One of the reasons you can tell it's him is because he says 'alright'. He always threw that in his later songs!" I mean, it's obvious anyway but seriously... in his later songs especially post-Invincible, he used "alright" or "uh-huh, alright" all the time and I love it.

EDIT: By the way, I listen to One More Chance ALL the time, and I am not sure I believe it's R. Kelly doing the 'me' in "tell her this for[lyrics say 'from' but I hear 'for'] me", if that's what you're referring to. I think it's just Michael doing a really damn spot on R. Kelly-sounding vocal.

I think it makes sense that Michael could probably do such a spectacular thing with his voice that he sounds a lot like R. Kelly at that moment. Not saying for certain, I just wanted to add my thoughts to that discussion, it has always felt wrong to me. The "shoulder to shoulder" definitely sounds like it's R. Kelly, I believe that, but the "me" at least what I'm hearing before the first chorus here, it sounds like Michael sounding R. Kelly.

I skipped and listened to all three. I see what you mean about the third definitely sounding outright MJ, but I do think maybe the other two are just MJ fooling you. :p Don't you think he's probably that good? I could be wrong! :)

Last edited:
I agree with you about the OMC vocals. I still think it's MJ just the other day I saw some comments on YouTube and looked around and it sorta shattered my "confidence".

Admittedly, statements can shatter someone's confidence. When I heard BN someone warned me it wasn't him and that probably influenced my thoughts on the tracks. I tried to maintain a state of neutrality but after taking more time listening to it I was more put off. Without looking at any of the comments, I came to my own conclusion it was Jason Malachi. Many fans started to believe the Cascio tracks were MJ when the Estate made a statement to "confirm" it was him. At this time I felt the urge to sway with them, but in the end I refused, there was no way a statement by the estate like that would be able to convince me.

Some of my friends thought something like The Way You Love Me doesn't really sound like him. My mom also wasn't sure about I Am A Loser.

I think the problem with all those "even my friends who aren't fans think it isn't MJ" is that a vast majority have only heard anything before Bad.

Yeah, it's got to be like only 1% or less of people have a religious obsession with Michael Jackson. Other people are only going to know Thriller, Billie Jean, The Way You Make Me Feel, Black or White and whatever little else they may have dabbled into. PYT.

It's funny, because for me I can pick out Michael's voice in heartbeat. I'll admit, with all the random copy-and-pastings, the Cascio tracks were a bit confusing at first, but they just get clearer and clearer, like all music does. It's obviously Jason Malachi, more and more every day. It's more obvious that it's him, however, on the snippets that have gotten around than the three Michael album tracks, there's something more raw, out of tune and in your face.

CASCIO MEME TIME!

24147777.jpg

There's another Neff-U track called water right?
LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but this is how I imagine the peole who play the Fiasco songs all the time.

AND about the "me!" - do I really need to make those soundclouds comparisons again....... It's Kelly.

Just read.Always.There's and Stellas.post a few pages back. And I'm surprised......at least they.know something is up with these tracks

Do you remember when Birchey made that really great post about the details of the Cascio songs? Where he posted he was 99% sure it's Jason Malachi on lead vocals?

But he also said he thinks maybe there's a tiny bit of Michael in the background? What do you think of that?

Yeah that was when he first saw what he saw. He doesn't think that now.

Just read.Always.There's and Stellas.post a few pages back. And I'm surprised......at least they.know something is up with these tracks

I haven't heard the full tracks myself; I'm talking to a friend that worked on the Michael album. I contacted him to try to get more information, but it may be hard; it's been two-and-a-half years since the album, so no one discusses it anymore.

This is all the info that I know:
- The Bad 25 live album sounds spectacular.
- He's almost certain that Buffalo Bill and What You Do to Me will be on the second disc.
- The Michael follow-up will come out in mid/late-2013.

AND about the "me!" - do I really need to make those soundclouds comparisons again....... It's Kelly.
LOL Sorry Pentum, I won't make you do that. :) I definitely have a lot of trust and faith in your word, I really appreciate all you've contributed, but I'll have to go find the comparisons because I don't think I heard them and I'll need more convincing. I heard the shoulder to shoulder comparison, though, and I believe that.

it's DEFINITELY r kelly singing the "meeee" in OMC. i mean, at least according to me. I'm a ginormous r kelly fan, i listen to him daily. it's him. i'd be shocked if it wasn't

Come on AlwaysThere,you got new task.
I have heard all R.Kelly songs.Yall got a copy of his new album Write Me Back which was released on June 25th?You can get the updated version of You Are My World on Write Me Back (Deluxe Version).
You won't regret it.

No but Sony might. It would make sense for the songs to have more added after the fact. Jason finished laying his vocals down on March 5th, and they registered them on March 18th. Brawley didn't put his adlibs in until May and then the others did their work when they got the songs in late August/early September.

Hmm.

MjxMN.png

Two weeks earlier:

2g1Fk.png

Were the tracks recorded during Jason's 10-day vacation? Did those 10 days stretch into 14 days (February 20th to March 5th)?

^^^Back in the U.S.? Didn't Eddie Cascio also own a recording studio in Germany back then (and maybe still?)

Just thinking out loud.

One More Chance - The Great R. Kelly Debate
"It's actually R. Kelly on lead vocals, 100%"
"I hear Michael! You doubters are crazy!"
"When I first heard the Ford remix, I knew instantly that it was R. Kelly singing."
"Y'all nuts, it's just overprocessed and melodyned."

lol

Back