Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

Not sure if it was posted so...

NO RODNEY JERKINS ON MICHAEL!!
Been getting alot of twits about MJ's lp. Just wanted to let everyone know that I did not work on this particular album. Thx, Rj
Rodney Jerkins (ONLY1DARKCHILD) on Twitter

Teddy RILEY worked on BREAKING NEWS!!
@TeddyRiley1 Did you work on the new MJ song "Breaking News?"
Angela Franco (AngelaDF) on Twitter

@AngelaDF Yes I did...I hope you enjoy it. Thank you all for your support on this. It was hard not talking to yall.
TEDDY RILEY (TeddyRiley1) on Twitter

We should not be thinking about what we would want.
We should be thinking about the public image this song will create to Michael,and by releasing HMH,he will get more fans from Akon's part,and also,hardly any people have any idea songs like Escape/HMH/whatever exist...
You guys don't want Another Day just because you heard it,right?.

NO. It's about the public image the song will create if it's the first single! HMH is just not good enough to be THE single after 7 years. Besides, Akon is not popular anymore, at least not how he used to be when HMH was recorded.

I think most people want AD to be released, as it's a strong track.
Most people don't like HMH being included if it's in the form we've all heard it. LNFSG shouldn't be even considered - it's weak and old.

Put it this way guys, Sony could have just included Hold My Hand as the 11th or 12th track, maybe not the 10th if you get my drift.

Basically if the album was originally 10 tracks long maybe they added LNFSG and Hold My Hand just to increase the length. Although we've already heard them they help strengthen the album length for casual Mj fans, and provide us diehards with at the least HQ audio of two songs we already had. So we're not losing anything by having extra tracks WE'VE already had, and new fans hear them for the first time.

Let's say that is ok. But what people are talking about is HMH being the first single - it just NOT the right song.

Oh totally agree there, first single has to be something very strong from Michael. I'm so excited to hear this new sound, HIStory and BODTF were incredible because of all the new styles, but Dangerous WOW!

We weren't talking about HMH as the first single.
Also we know that what we got was not the final version and neither the HQ one.Maybe if it's included on the album it will have only Mike's vocals :).

"Another Day" would be great as the first single, IMO.

"Another Day" would be great as the first single, IMO.

Yes, definitely. I hope there are more songs as good as this one.

Just two more days until we hear "Breaking News"! Maybe it will be the first single eventually, who knows?

Breaking News sounds amazing.I have a feeling it's a modern `tabloid junkie`

Photo Courtesy - PRNewsFoto(LOS ANGELES) -- More than a year after his death, Michael Jackson is at the center of a musical controversy. Jackson’s mother, Katherine, has released a new song by her son called Opis None, that she says is authentic and was pulled from the archives of a company called JacksonSecretVault.com.

Sony is also set to release a new Michael Jackson song on Monday. Earlier this week it released a teaser clip for it online and some fans questioned whether the vocals were really those of the late 'King of Pop.'

Copyright 2010 ABC News Radio
http://www.wtma.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=115&itemid=29595064

BTW, there are speculations about Prince´s symbol on Michael´s cover so... compare!

Sony Music Digital cover without the symbol:
5d4286.jpg

and many covers like this one, with the Prince´symbol:
15h1oom.jpg

Hope Another Day or Breaking News is the first single like Smooth says, if the reaction is good feedback from fans, hate HMH, there are other tunes that are familiar to fans, ie Place with no name, For all Time or Xscape - list is endless.

Sony/The Estate will be choosing the best choice for the first single. They know how important this album is..This is the most anticipated album of the decade, they know that. This album is going to be amazing!

Moonwalker.Fan;3051231 said:
BTW, there are speculations about Prince´s symbol on Michael´s cover so... compare!

Sony Music Digital cover without the symbol:
5d4286.jpg

and many covers like this one, with the Prince´symbol:
15h1oom.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean.

Everybody already knows it has been removed (the artist didn't have Prince's permission to use it), so what's your question/point?

^ not like I would notice the change(lol).

I trust the Estate completely. So far everything they've been doing worked for Michael's legacy benefit 100 per cent. I am sure they will make correct choices for the first single and the album in general. I don't have a single word to say against the Estate. They have my full support.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Everybody already knows it has been removed (the artist didn't have Prince's permission to use it), so what's your question/point?

Not everybody, thanks for the explanation!
(there are so many pages that its impossible to read all the pages of this thread.)

I have a feeling that a special edition on This Is It will include Michael performing/rehearsing some of the new songs.

If some people still doubt on the vocals (real or not) on the new album
please trust the estate and sony. I am absolutely convinced we're getting the real deal
What a stupid rumor that was saying it's not the real Mike. I had to think about that all day. I don't want people fall for the tabloid's trapps and not buyin the album. I want this album to be a bestseller

^

what this is it special edition?

^

what this is it special edition?

They probably mean a release of TII footage that could happen now, if Michael rehearsed any new music. I doubt he did, so we probably won't see anything new from TII this year.

I think it is funny people say we should not be complaining about a cover and should be happy about getting new music. Then we get new music and everyone wants Sony to put it away and leave it off. Of course everyone is just saying that because they have full leaks of the songs already. If they had never heard the songs they would want them on.

I trust the Estate completely. So far everything they've been doing worked for Michael's legacy benefit 100 per cent. I am sure they will make correct choices for the first single and the album in general. I don't have a single word to say against the Estate. They have my full support.
me too :)

dupsy;3051228 said:
Photo Courtesy - PRNewsFoto(LOS ANGELES) -- More than a year after his death, Michael Jackson is at the center of a musical controversy. Jackson’s mother, Katherine, has released a new song by her son called Opis None, that she says is authentic and was pulled from the archives of a company called JacksonSecretVault.com.

Sony is also set to release a new Michael Jackson song on Monday. Earlier this week it released a teaser clip for it online and some fans questioned whether the vocals were really those of the late 'King of Pop.'

Copyright 2010 ABC News Radio
http://www.wtma.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=115&itemid=29595064

It isn't the fans that are questioning - they know better.

Just an update on the situation;

-I've spoken with my source and he confirmed to me that the vocals are 100% authentic. This has been confirmed by people who were in the studio when MJ recorded it, 2 third party audio experts who spent hours examining the vocals, and by Teddy Riley who worked on all 5 Cascio tracks. There should be no debate on the authenticity of the vocals, they are his. End of discussion

-My source has heard the album in it's entirety and confirmed to me that it's "simply incredible", and he's not even a huge MJ fan. He went on to say that "even non fans will love the album, it's catchy and modern sounding and will top the charts all around the world. It also is a new direction from anything MJ has ever done before, the sound is so unique."

-Many of the songs on the album are new and recorded in 2007, 2008, and 2009. There will be a couple other ones from earlier but have been re-worked to fit in with the albums sound.

-MJ fans will be familiar with a couple of the tracks but the general public will still treat them like new songs. Majority is brand new stuff.

-Breaking News is being tested by Sony for fan and general feedback, if it's a huge hit then expect it to be the first single. If not, they have a 2nd track ready to go.

-Marketing for this will be huge, over the next 4-5 weeks expect to see huge promotions all over the world for this album. Sales will be monstrous for a posthumous release.

I think that I just peed my pants a little!!! :clapping:

Of course it's Michael's voice.. You can't beat his natural voice, so why would they want to? Don't believe the rumours it's not his voice, that's rubbish!

I REALLY REALLY hope that we can make this album Number 1 all over the world - it would make Michael SO SO proud! I am going to buy two copies - one for me and one for my brother.

Please everybody, buy the album from official outlets such as HMV and Itunes so that we can get this album to the top :)

I like the fact that it's modern - see, I know a lot of people who don't really like Invincible that much but I love it - I listen to this more than Thriller (shock horror) lol :)

I have a feeling that a special edition on This Is It will include Michael performing/rehearsing some of the new songs.

Cirque Du Soliel was given the rest of the TII footage.

I think it is funny people say we should not be complaining about a cover and should be happy about getting new music. Then we get new music and everyone wants Sony to put it away and leave it off. Of course everyone is just saying that because they have full leaks of the songs already. If they had never heard the songs they would want them on.

Of course we all want to here new material but most of us have already heard HMH and know it is not nearly up to Michael standards, if we hadn't heard it we would be looking forward to it and then disappointed when it is released. I don't know if the talk of HMH being the first single is all speculation but if it isn't then sony should seriously rethink this.

Of course we all want to here new material but most of us have already heard HMH and know it is not nearly up to Michael standards, if we hadn't heard it we would be looking forward to it and then disappointed when it is released. I don't know if the talk of HMH being the first single is all speculation but if it isn't then sony should seriously rethink this.

You keep forgetting though that this album is not just about MJ's die-hard fans, Sony and The Estate will be trying to reach the wider public at large with this new album, they will not have heard the leaked stuff before, so it wil be all new to them.

Making this album a worldwide hit will be the priority.

Back