Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

smooth,

what does your sony source think about Katherine's song ?

hell yeah, its all kicking off now!!! Album, dvd, and the tour thing too!!! That feeling, u know, the one we ain't felt since 2009, is returning again=D we need to arrange like, an album party soon, get everyone together to listen to it as one!! that would be amazing. Breaking news sounds pretty damn kool, a little invincible album-ish, but in the good way.

A lot of conflicting information coming out, i agree with a lot of members here that Hold My Hand just isn't up to scratch, i hope it's not on the album.

I doubt that Xscape will be on the album . They already have breaking news on there , so there not gonna have two songs that refer to the same thing , media ...

Also I hope it isn't on the album , it sounds wayyyy to dated now .

I don't mind HMH being on the album , as long as it's JUST mj .

Personally tho , I would prefer an album full of songs we have NEVER heard .

thanks Smooth!

can you ask your source to comment on the Katherine situation? what's the general mood at Sony about that?

wow the excitment keeps building - cant wait for the new album!!
Love the snippit of breaking news

thank u smooth :cheers:
please tell us about this new drama.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet -- couldn't really be bothered to go back and read the previous 20-something pages -- but Prince's "Love symbol" has been removed from the cover on the official site now. I guess the artist never got Prince's authorization to use it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet -- couldn't really be bothered to go back and read the previous 20-something pages -- but Prince's "Love symbol" has been removed from the cover on the official site now. I guess the artist never got Prince's authorization to use it.

It is possible, if you mean the duet.. But it's Michael's album, so I wouldn't get any other "symbols".

A lot of conflicting information coming out, i agree with a lot of members here that Hold My Hand just isn't up to scratch, i hope it's not on the album.
It is on the album.
Sony's plans from 15 days ago were to use HMH as first single (remember, 'Breaking News' is just an online single which will be streamed for just one week.).
But plans can change if 'Breaking News' will receive good responses.

Does someone know about that "Another Day" and "Escape" will come in the album??

I sure hope so.

I think it will be included because a couple months ago my most viewed video Escape was flagged by Sony and I received a strong warning from Youtube to not re-upload it or my account would be closed.

I then did a search to see if any other Escape videos had been taken down also. There was still some not so good ones left but nothing major.

So I'm thinking Sony might've been cleaning up youtube in lieu of their new release for Escape. I just think it's weird that only Escape was flagged among all my MJ videos.

The whole tracklist depends on how many songs there are. If there are 14 there will be one more we are familiar with, if 12 only two we are familiar with. I have no idea if there will be any "limited editions". Michael had an extra track with "Bad" but I think it's different nowadays. Probably on the singles there could be one or two extra songs, who knows..

It is possible, if you mean the duet.. But it's Michael's album, so I wouldn't get any other "symbols".
Hm, I don't really understand what you mean? Prince's Love Symbol was in one of the small bubbles on the 'Michael' album cover. No one knows why it was there or what it was supposed to mean, but it's gone now. They removed it. And the reason for this is probably that Prince has copyrighted the symbol (he has) and the artist who created the album cover never got Prince's authorization to use the symbol on the album cover.

i'd like 'Love Never Felt So Good ' on it!!

It is on the album.
Sony's plans from 15 days ago were to use HMH as first single (remember, 'Breaking News' is just an online single which will be streamed for just one week.).
But plans can change if 'Breaking News' will receive good responses.

Awe no, this is not good enough to be on a Michael Jackson album let alone the first single on it. I know nobody wants to be negative about it but this isn't a good choice, they say they have hundreds of great songs that have never been heard yet the first single will be a song that everybody knows. No offence to any akon fans on here but the guy is talentless.

i just hope that HMH is NOT on the album. its a really boring song. like One More Chance. Escape would be great, Another day as well! but NOT Hold My Hand, PLEASE!!!!

i just hope that HMH is NOT on the album. its a really boring song. like One More Chance. Escape would be great, Another day as well! but NOT Hold My Hand, PLEASE!!!!

I agree but it looks like it's going to be, they must be lying about the amount of new songs they have if the first single is going to be one everybody knows. Honestly i find it very hard to listen to anything with Akon on it, it's like listening to the chipmonks.

Just an update on the situation;

-I've spoken with my source and he confirmed to me that the vocals are 100% authentic. This has been confirmed by people who were in the studio when MJ recorded it, 2 third party audio experts who spent hours examining the vocals, and by Teddy Riley who worked on all 5 Cascio tracks. There should be no debate on the authenticity of the vocals, they are his. End of discussion

-My source has heard the album in it's entirety and confirmed to me that it's "simply incredible", and he's not even a huge MJ fan. He went on to say that "even non fans will love the album, it's catchy and modern sounding and will top the charts all around the world. It also is a new direction from anything MJ has ever done before, the sound is so unique."

-Many of the songs on the album are new and recorded in 2007, 2008, and 2009. There will be a couple other ones from earlier but have been re-worked to fit in with the albums sound.

-MJ fans will be familiar with a couple of the tracks but the general public will still treat them like new songs. Majority is brand new stuff.

-Breaking News is being tested by Sony for fan and general feedback, if it's a huge hit then expect it to be the first single. If not, they have a 2nd track ready to go.

-Marketing for this will be huge, over the next 4-5 weeks expect to see huge promotions all over the world for this album. Sales will be monstrous for a posthumous release.

I am sorry, but a few things worry me now. Catchy modern sound? Hmmm....not gonna say much , i just hope it won't be too 'Invincible' like really.

And what is this about tracks familiar to fans? Not liking the sound of that one bit.

And what is this about tracks familiar to fans? Not liking the sound of that one bit.
It means songs fans have already heard.
One is 'Hold My Hand'.
Hopefully it's been re-worked, who knows? A solo Akon version exists, maybe a solo MJ version too?:scratch:

Hold my hand is ok! but please dont release it as a single.!!!

Hold my hand is average at best, it's not even a MJ song anyway, and you can clearly hear it. I really really hope it's not on there. Especially if the album is probably only gonna contain 12 tracks or so...we don't need old stuff.

I think it's very sad if we hear 'familiar work' on the album. They should consider that we as fans already know al lot of unrelased MJ-tracks and don't want that on a NEW album!

I don't want HMH on there, it's not on MJ's level, in fact i think it's a very cheapsong
Give us new stuff, that we were suppose to hear, if MJ wasn't killed by the media and was still alive and kicking!

It's fairly clear that the fans don't rate HMH as a decent song so why is it being released, surely if the fans don't even think it's a good song then the general public won't be too fond of it either. I don't know if i'm the only one thinking this but i really don't rate Akon or the full stop friendly William, i wish Michael hadn't worked with either of them.

I think it's very sad if we hear 'familiar work' on the album. They should consider that we as fans already know al lot of unrelased MJ-tracks and don't want that on a NEW album!

I don't want HMH on there, it's not on MJ's level, in fact i think it's a very cheapsong
Give us new stuff, that we were suppose to hear, if MJ wasn't killed by the media and was still alive and kicking!

This is what 'gets my goat'!

The album is not just for the hard-core fans that 'steal' songs illegally from the internet - if it was MJ's albums would only sell a few hundred thousand - it is also for the millions of fans that decide not to 'steal' his songs illegally.

I don't listen to or steal Michael's songs from the internet - as it is wrong and he would not have wanted that - so should people like me not be allowed to hear songs like 'Escape'?

If it's decided that 'Escape' is good enough for the album (having been remastered?), then I will be glad. I don't care if it upsets a handfull of 'hard-core fans' that decided to grab it illegally.

Put it this way guys, Sony could have just included Hold My Hand as the 11th or 12th track, maybe not the 10th if you get my drift.

Basically if the album was originally 10 tracks long maybe they added LNFSG and Hold My Hand just to increase the length. Although we've already heard them they help strengthen the album length for casual Mj fans, and provide us diehards with at the least HQ audio of two songs we already had. So we're not losing anything by having extra tracks WE'VE already had, and new fans hear them for the first time.

Agreed with Serious Effect.
We should not be thinking about what we would want.
We should be thinking about the public image this song will create to Michael,and by releasing HMH,he will get more fans from Akon's part,and also,hardly any people have any idea songs like Escape/HMH/whatever exist...
You guys don't want Another Day just because you heard it,right?

Put it this way guys, Sony could have just included Hold My Hand as the 11th or 12th track, maybe not the 10th if you get my drift.

Basically if the album was originally 10 tracks long maybe they added LNFSG and Hold My Hand just to increase the length. Although we've already heard them they help strengthen the album length for casual Mj fans, and provide us diehards with at the least HQ audio of two songs we already had. So we're not losing anything by having extra tracks WE'VE already had, and new fans hear them for the first time.

But HMH isn't a Micahel song so it shouldn't even ne on the album and many here are saying it is not just an add on song but the first single to be released.

Back