Michael's handwritten notes from Jackson - AEG trial motions

Wow, Michael had a lot in store for his future and had many goals. I wish we could have seen some of these. :(

The nerve of Paul Gongaware calling him "lazy". What a jerk.

Michael was not lazy.

@ Petrarose (and others), you're arguing against strawmen. I never said Michael shouldn't have goals in life, that he shouldn't think big or that he should settle for anything less than his best. I don't disagree with anything you said. I just think that sometimes, Michael set goals for himself that were simply unattainable. Bad was never going to sell 100 million records, no matter how hard he worked on it or how badly he wanted it. If he had simply said: "I want this album to outsell Thriller", that would have been ambitious for sure but it wouldn't be totally unrealistic. You see the difference? People who think I'm belittling Michael or who trot out the usual cliches about "reaching for the stars" just don't understand my point.

Wow I would love to have seen what Michael would have done in the future especially the film side

20 million a week. i'm sorry but this is just greedy.

"better than Kelly and Astaire", Michael you were already this by March 25th 1983. !!

you had nothing to prove. ever.

so silly. what was wrong with him. someone should have shaked some sense into him.

I'm so happy that at least Cirque du Soleil came true and that it's such a huge success. MJ would have loved the show, I'm sure :)

ivy;3901169 said:
Note 3

Mother do you need $
2nvtkkn.jpg

It could be positive, a good son want to help his mother

It could be negative, his mother visits him and talk to him about making a tour with his brothers and he thinks all she wants is money.

It is possible to speculate a lot and we can do it here but they shouldn´t do it in the trial.

MIST;3901599 said:
It could be positive, a good son want to help his mother

It could be negative, his mother visits him and talk to him about making a tour with his brothers and he thinks all she wants is money.

It is possible to speculate a lot and we can do it here but they shouldn´t do it in the trial.

Yeah, I thought it was negative at first, not sure now though.

@ Petrarose (and others), you're arguing against strawmen. I never said Michael shouldn't have goals in life, that he shouldn't think big or that he should settle for anything less than his best. I don't disagree with anything you said. I just think that sometimes, Michael set goals for himself that were simply unattainable. Bad was never going to sell 100 million records, no matter how hard he worked on it or how badly he wanted it. If he had simply said: "I want this album to outsell Thriller", that would have been ambitious for sure but it wouldn't be totally unrealistic. You see the difference? People who think I'm belittling Michael or who trot out the usual cliches about "reaching for the stars" just don't understand my point.

Okay I accept you opinion, and I am moving on. Let's talk about how the notes could help the plaintiffs, who want to use them in their concluding arguments.

Mist that is true. Michael wanted to build a hospital. Further look at Michael's history of giving and charity work. He never spent all the money on himself. I think this is the first time I heard a fan call Michael greedy. If you can make a billion, I say make a billion using your talents. You are not greedy, unless you are taking other people's money away from them, hoarding money, not sharing, & not taking care of others & the planet.

Last edited:
apologies. i had no idea the 20 million a week was for that.

It makes no difference that the 20 million is for that. He should make as much money his talents allow him to make. If you can make 20 million a week you will take the money. I doubt you will say you are not taking the money because it would mean you are greedy. I am wondering if you are saying this because you can't wrap you mind around the idea of making 20 million?

re note 5--in the list of movie I read Legs Diamond.

Here is wikipedia on Legs Diamond:

Legs Diamond can refer to:
Jack Diamond (gangster), the alias of Philadelphia/New York gangster Jack Moran
The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond, a 1959 American film
Legs, a 1975 novel by William Kennedy
Legs Diamond (musical), a 1988 musical written by Peter Allen

Not sure which one MJ is referencing.

re note 5--in the list of movie I read Legs Diamond.

Here is wikipedia on Legs Diamond:

Legs Diamond can refer to:
Jack Diamond (gangster), the alias of Philadelphia/New York gangster Jack Moran
The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond, a 1959 American film
Legs, a 1975 novel by William Kennedy
Legs Diamond (musical), a 1988 musical written by Peter Allen

Not sure which one MJ is referencing.

That's the interesting thing about the notes. They make you speculate a lot because they are just jottings, and only the writer holds the full context and meaning. I was thinking of the gangster--you know like smooth criminal type. I think Michael would like an action movie like that, but this is all guessing...

Michael, greedy?:shock: Did you forget how much of his money he gave away? And besides, like Petrarose said, it doesn't even matter what he does with that money, he should be able to make as much as he wants. Also, writing down those 'numbers' was just another way of Michael to try and reach his goals. Part of his mind-mapping strategy :D

It makes no difference that the 20 million is for that. He should make as much money his talents allow him to make. If you can make 20 million a week you will take the money. I doubt you will say you are not taking the money because it would mean you are greedy. I am wondering if you are saying this because you can't wrap you mind around the idea of making 20 million?

right. i have no idea how to make 20 million. i wouldn't want 20 million. i wouldn't want one million. i don't need money like that.

i'm saying it because 20 million a week is ridiculous.

right. i have no idea how to make 20 million. i wouldn't want 20 million. i wouldn't want one million. i don't need money like that.

i'm saying it because 20 million a week is ridiculous.

It is not. You have a talent to use in this world. You are supposed to take it and do the best you can. You think you will not want 20 million because you have no way of knowing how to make that amount. A million is nothing. I don't like to give my information because my identity was stolen on the internet, but I will tell you I make over 1 million each year.

Like Muarry, I still have bills, I have student loans, I still give much to charity, I help one person pay $725 each month for her child's high school tuition (no relation), I have a high housing cost, I have travel cost, I have bills for the job I do, I have taxes, and more. At the end of the year most of the money I earned went OUT, and the majority of it was not spent on me for foolishness.

So 20 million minus taxes is not much. Now filter in Michael's debts he has to pay back, his charity work, paying staff, etc. His money goes out to help the economy. He hires people so others are sharing in his wealth too. When he pays his HIGH taxes on the 20 million, the government uses the money to pay for welfare, education, ammunition, civil servants, and on and on. You need to really sit down and understand who Micheal Jackson really is, what he did in the world, and what money buys.

I think this is the first time I heard a fan call Michael greedy. If you can make a billion, I say make a billion using your talents. You are not greedy, unless you are taking other people's money away from them, hoarding money, not sharing, & not taking care of others & the planet.

i'm not calling Michael greedy. i know he had a big heart. but wanting 20 million a week is. again. sorry i didn't read that he was giving this money away.

or that it was minus taxes.. to filter debts.. pay staff...

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys...but note 9 made me cry :( and keeping Tohme away? Hm..very interesting....

Alibaba and the 40 thieves?!?! I was watching that on this show called Happily Ever After today..Michael had some darn good movie ideas :)

Wow, Michael had a lot in store for his future and had many goals. I wish we could have seen some of these. :(

The nerve of Paul Gongaware calling him "lazy". What a jerk.

Michael was not lazy.

Who is Paul Gongaware, does he work for AEG?

This is why I'm not following the trial. There is no side here to defend Michael, both his family and AEG are out to smear him for $. I don't trust anything they're saying. I'm interested in hearing what his kids have to say (and I've read/watched their testimonies) but everyone else can "suck my socks" as Michael would put it.

I don't know about you guys...but note 9 made me cry :( and keeping Tohme away? Hm..very interesting....

Alibaba and the 40 thieves?!?! I was watching that on this show called Happily Ever After today..Michael had some darn good movie ideas :)

Yes it was so good to see him put that in a note--Thome, who is shady and tried to control Michael. He always seem to creep back somehow, because he was making a statement after Michel died. I wonder if Michael wrote that after he gave Thome the money to hold. I wish these notes had dates.

It is not. You have a talent to use in this world. You are supposed to take it and do the best you can. You think you will not want 20 million because you have no way of knowing how to make that amount. A million is nothing. I don't like to give my information because my identity was stolen on the internet, but I will tell you I make over 1 million each year.

Like Muarry, I still have bills, I have student loans, I still give much to charity, I help one person pay $725 each month for her child's high school tuition (no relation), I have a high housing cost, I have travel cost, I have bills for the job I do, I have taxes, and more. At the end of the year most of the money I earned went OUT, and the majority of it was not spent on me for foolishness.

So 20 million minus taxes is not much. Now filter in Michael's debts he has to pay back, his charity work, paying staff, etc. His money goes out to help the economy. He hires people so others are sharing in his wealth too. When he pays his HIGH taxes on the 20 million, the government uses the money to pay for welfare, education, ammunition, civil servants, and on and on. You need to really sit down and understand who Micheal Jackson really is, what he did in the world, and what money buys.

A million is nothing and 20 million is not much? Wow. You're the last person to lecture others on what money buys. Do you realise that a million is more than most people make in a lifetime? :mello:

Tohme basically tried to take control of Michael's life, he didn't like him.

A million is nothing and 20 million is not much? Wow. You're the last person to lecture others on what money buys. Do you realise that a million is more than most people make in a lifetime? :mello:

That is because you are not reading it in the context I wrote it in. I think I had this conversation with you years ago. You were finding fault with those who had money. Money is to be used. If you earn 30,000 you will think that it is a lot. If you then earn 50,000, you will find out that you can do more, so the 50,000 does not seem a lot to you after a while. If you then earn 80,000, you will again be able to do more, and the 80,000 will not seem that much to you eventually. As you earn more money, you do more with it and it is used up. Hence, the people who earn 30,000 will say where did my money go, and the people who earn 80,000 will say the same thing.

20 million is big only if you hide it, don't share it, and live in housing that someone pays for. However, once you declare it & use it, the taxes on it alone will be huge. With the remaining, if you use and share it, you will see it is not a large amount for people who live a certain lifestyle.

Of course there is a point where you make so much money that even when you give to huge charitable organizations, etc., you have billions remaining. Still having 1 million is not a lot of money in this day and age. I could get 1 million today, pay down on a house, pay down on a car, give to 3 charities and the money is over. You find professionals who make over 1 million and ask them how much money they have.

Who is Paul Gongaware, does he work for AEG?

This is why I'm not following the trial. There is no side here to defend Michael, both his family and AEG are out to smear him for $. I don't trust anything they're saying. I'm interested in hearing what his kids have to say (and I've read/watched their testimonies) but everyone else can "suck my socks" as Michael would put it.

Yes, he works for AEG and he called Michael 'lazy' in an email to another AEG executive. And he has a long history working for Michael in the past on History tour and Dangerous tour, I believe. He just got dismissed from this AEG trial, so he's safe from any repercussions. Anyway, he has known Michael long enough to know he could never be classified as lazy. Its so insulting.

I don't want to derail this thread... but Gongaware's insult was the first thing to come to my mind when I read Michael's goals.

Altough I agree with you, 1 million is A LOT of money and I probably won't make it in my lifetime, lol. I do get Petrarose's point. You'll probably spend it just as fast as you spend your income now, when you'd have that type of money. You always live within your means right?
But although I don't have that kind of money I don't see why wanting to have it would be greedy? Or ridiculous... If you can, why not?

Edit: haha I was typing slow I guess.. didn't see your response Petrarose and basically said the same thing :doh:

That is because you are not reading it in the context I wrote it in. I think I had this conversation with you years ago. You were finding fault with those who had money.

I don't remember that. I doubt I ever said anything like that because that's not what I believe. I don't find fault with those who have money, I find fault with those who have money and don't realise how fortunate they are.

Money is to be used. If you earn 30,000 you will think that it is a lot. If you then earn 50,000, you will find out that you can do more, so the 50,000 does not seem a lot to you after a while. If you then earn 80,000, you will again be able to do more, and the 80,000 will not seem that much to you eventually. As you earn more money, you do more with it and it is used up. Hence, the people who earn 30,000 will say where did my money go, and the people who earn 80,000 will say the same thing.

20 million is big only if you hide it, don't share it, and live in housing that someone pays for. However, once you declare it & use it, the taxes on it alone will be huge. With the remaining, if you use and share it, you will see it is not a large amount for people who live a certain lifestyle.

Of course there is a point where you make so much money that even when you give to huge charitable organizations, etc., you have billions remaining. Still having 1 million is not a lot of money in this day and age. I could get 1 million today, pay down on a house, pay down on a car, give to 3 charities and the money is over. You find professionals who make over 1 million and ask them how much money they have.

Anyone who earns 1 million or 20 million and thinks it's not a lot is simply detached from reality. Even if I were that wealthy, I would never say something so inconsiderate knowing there are billions of people in the world who can barely afford basic food and shelter. Nobody forces you to squander your money on a lavish lifestyle (that includes paying nearly $10,000 a year on a high school education for a friend's child). That is your choice and you have a right to spend your money any way you want, but don't complain that your money is "gone before you know it" when you're making a million a year. Most people could live a very comfortable lifestyle with just 1/10th of that income.

Lil yes that is the way life is. We are supposed to share what we have. I feel it is the obligation of those whose talents allow them to make more, to share and help others with that money. I think that is what Michael did in his life. We mustn't forget too that a lot of his charity was done in secret, so he needs money both for himself and for others.

Did anyone try to figure out in what year the note with the Cascio letterhead was made? Does anyone remember when Cascio stopped being Michael's assistant? Was it just before the Sony issue? I remember he said he went to the hotel and although he was not working with Michael he told him calling Tommy a racist was beneath him. Did Michael hold that paper all this time?

I don't remember that. I doubt I ever said anything like that because that's not what I believe.

Anyone who earns 1 million or 20 million and thinks it's not a lot is simply detached from reality. Even if I were that wealthy, I would never say something so inconsiderate knowing there are billions of people in the world who can barely afford basic food and shelter. Nobody forces you to squander your money on a lavish lifestyle (that includes paying nearly $10,000 a year on a high school education for a friend's child). That is your choice and you have a right to spend your money any way you want, but don't complain that your money is "gone before you know it" when you're making a million a year. Most people could live a very comfortable lifestyle with just 1/10th of that income.

I had this conversation with you years ago. In fact you used the same disdainful language and more or less the same points. I am now going to accept your opinion & move on. We could talk about whether the motions about the notes will be settled today.

just for correction..

if someone makes as low as 35k a year which the average person works for lets say 47 years that’s $1,645,000... So there are a large amount of people that makes over a million in a life time.

Michael had to have earned somewhere over a billion in his career. so 20 mill per month/ 240 million a year.. is pretty standard for him. He's given more than that to charity, under his name they say he gave 350 million.. so he gave more than what he expected as his annual income..

Also keep in mind he has to pay staff... Security, chef, drivers, manager.. the list goes on..

Yes 20 million is alot no matter what way we look at it, but when you are Michael Jackson, that retrospect is fully scued.</SPAN>

Altough I agree with you, 1 million is A LOT of money and I probably won't make it in my lifetime, lol. I do get Petrarose's point. You'll probably spend it just as fast as you spend your income now, when you'd have that type of money. You always live within your means right?
But although I don't have that kind of money I don't see why wanting to have it would be greedy? Or ridiculous... If you can, why not?

Edit: haha I was typing slow I guess.. didn't see your response Petrarose and basically said the same thing :doh:

I don't think it's greedy or ridiculous to want 20 million. I'd much rather see that kind of money in Michael's hands than in some big faceless corporation like AEG - at least I know Michael will put most of it to good use. It is greedy and ridiculous, however, to say that you 'need' that kind of money or that it's not a lot. No matter how much you donate to charity, an attitude like that shows that you don't have much consideration for those who are less fortunate than you.

Back