Michael's mom reported missing /Grandma's Home/TJ appointed Co/Guardian with Katherine

Re: Michael's mom reported missing /TJ temp Guardianship/Grandma's Home

I wonder if Katherine still owns that Las Vegas home she bought 1988 and if her request for extra money is for that house?
She has filed to bankruptcy after 1988, would she be allowed to keep another house in LV while filing bankruptcy in LA?

I found this info
When I decided to buy a weekend home in Las Vegas in 1988, Joe insisted on redecorating the spare room next to the pool himself. After he did that he began talking about planting a vegetable garden.

http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books-jetzi-04/kj/kj17.html
-------------------------
I personally wish that there was a way if I buy a CD video or any product that comes out from MJ estate, I could decide by pressing a button or something:) whether my money is going to be distributed to Katherine and lazy siblings, or will it go to his kids and charity. It is not hard to guess, where I would loved to direct my money:)

<hgroup>The Scandalously Boring Truth About Michael Jackson's Will

</hgroup>

Will Power: Despite recent controversy, The King of Pop's will is in no real danger of being overturned.

More than three years after his untimely death, Michael Jackson continues to make headlines&#8212;most recently as a result of a controversy over his will this summer. A few of his siblings labeled the document &#8220;false&#8221; and &#8220;fraudulent&#8221;; representatives for his estate countered by saying, &#8220;We are saddened that false and defamatory accusations grounded in stale Internet conspiracy theories are now being made by certain members of Michael&#8217;s family whom he chose to leave out of his will.&#8221;

Unfortunately for news hounds, the scandalous truth about Michael Jackson&#8217;s will is that there isn&#8217;t really much of a scandal, from a legal perspective. Last week FORBES obtained a copy of the latest will from the Los Angeles Superior Court (as others have before) and separately viewed three previous versions of the will, all of which are remarkably consistent and serve to confirm the boring reality: The will is in no real danger of being overturned, and even if it were, it would be replaced by a virtually identical previous version.

&#8220;If a later will is found to be invalid &#8230; the last will prior would be given full force and effect,&#8221; confirms Andrew Katzenstein, a partner at law firm Proskauer, who teaches the Estate and Gift Tax class at the University of Southern California.

Michael Jackson&#8217;s postmortem plans haven&#8217;t changed much over the years. His 1995 will names John Branca, Bert Mitchell and Marshall Gelfand as co-executors. Like all subsequent versions of the will, it specifies that the King of Pop&#8217;s interests be placed in an entity known as the Michael Jackson Family Trust, which stipulates the following distribution: 20% to charity, and the remainder split between a living will for Michael&#8217;s mother, Katherine Jackson, and a trust for any children Michael might have. Upon Katherine&#8217;s death, any remaining funds would revert to the children.

The second will, dated December 10[SUP]th[/SUP], 1997, also names Branca and Mitchell as co-executors of Michael Jackson&#8217;s estate, but replaces Marshall Gelfand with banker Jane Heller. The distribution under the trust remains the same. Michael&#8217;s first child&#8212;Prince Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., born on in February&#8212;is mentioned by name, but the will still stipulates that half of what&#8217;s left after distributions to charities and Katherine Jackson be split between all children he might have.

The third, signed in March 2002, after the birth of Michael&#8217;s second and third children&#8212;Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Joseph Jackson, II (better known by his nickname, &#8220;Blanket&#8221;)&#8212;identifies only the first two children by name, but still indicates that the trust would benefit all his children evenly. Perhaps just to be safe, a fourth will that names all three children was filed the following July.

Jackson&#8217;s siblings have said that the singer was in New York on July 7[SUP]th[/SUP], the day the fourth will was dated and marked as signed in Los Angeles. Others have confirmed that the King of Pop was in the Big Apple that day. But under California law, this isn&#8217;t something that would render the will invalid, as it&#8217;s possible the document was simply misdated.

&#8220;If you accidentally write the wrong date on a document, does it matter? No,&#8221; says Katzenstein. &#8220;There&#8217;s no dating requirement.&#8221;
The will was admitted to probate in 2009, and Katzenstein points out that California Probate Code Section 8270 stipulates a period of 120 days to file a petition with the court to revoke the probate of the will. That period has long since passed. The will&#8217;s witnesses have all confirmed the document&#8217;s validity&#8211;according to estate attorney Paul Gordon Hoffman, the individuals were contacted in the days after Michael Jackson&#8217;s death, and none indicated that their signatures were false.

Even if the most recent will&#8211;or the three most recent wills&#8211;was somehow overturned, the outcome would be the same: John Branca, who is named as an executor on all four, would still be one of the executors; 20% of all proceeds from the estate would go to charity, with the remainder split between Katherine Jackson and a trust for Michael&#8217;s children. If all four wills were invalidated, the children would inherit the estate at age 18, with Katherine Jackson and the charities left out. In theory, a more recent will could supersede the current will if discovered, but it seems highly unlikely that someone would have waited so long to come forward.

&#8220;It isn&#8217;t like someone who knew Michael, and thus would be in possession of his will, didn&#8217;t know about Michael&#8217;s death and thus is still holding it,&#8221; says Hoffman, who points out that none of Jackson&#8217;s many former lawyers or business managers knows of a more recent will. &#8220;No one has ever indicated that a later will was signed.&#8221;

But this is all essentially old news. Michael&#8217;s father Joseph, who was left out of the most recent will (and the three preceding wills), unsuccessfully challenged the will in the months following his son&#8217;s death. &#8220;Joe Jackson takes none of this estate,&#8221; declared Judge Mitchell Beckloff in 2009. &#8220;This is a decision his son made.&#8221; Beckloff formally appointed Branca and McClain as co-executors of the estate shortly thereafter, when Katherine Jackson dropped her initial objections and announced her support for their appointment.

In hindsight, that seems to have been a wise decision. The estate has generated roughly half a billion dollars in the three years since the King of Pop&#8217;s death, thanks to a slew of deals including a $60 million advance for the film This Is It, a new recording contract worth up to $250 million and theMichael Jackson Immortal World Tour, a joint venture with Cirque du Soleil that has already grossed over $75 million in the first half of 2012 according to Pollstar, more than any other North American concert tour.

In total, Michael Jackson has earned more in the past three years than any single living artist&#8211;yet another reason it would be hard to imagine the structure of his estate changing anytime soon.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...sly-boring-truth-about-michael-jacksons-will/

Marc - I'm gonna start a new thread for it as it has info about the old wills.

I believe this needs to be circulated as it has important information

Thanks for the article marc_vivien, very interesting. So now what, the Jacksons wanna invalidate 4!!! wills???? Well you know, it's always good to have big dreams lol.

Janet Jackson believes gossip site is running campaign to defame her

Janet Jackson is fighting off parties who make her and her family's name bad after the death of her brother Michael Jackson. Through her attorney, Blair Brown, the singer has accused gossip site TMZ of "false and defamatory" statements in the story of Michael's estate paying for Janet's condo.

"By this letter, I inform you that an article regarding my client that appeared on TMZ.com on August 14, 2012 is false and defamatory. That article is 'Michael Jackson Estate Offers to Pay for Janet Jackson's Condo'. Specifically, the article states that the Estate of Michael Jackson filed documents in the probate court requesting that the estate be permitted 'to foot a portion of the bill on Janet's mortgage on her posh Las Vegas condo'. That statement is false," the letter sent to TMZ's lawyers is read.

Janet made her point by writing, "The additional false story about Ms. Jackson this week on TMZ.com, posted with the knowledge that it would be repeated on hundreds of other websites, demonstrates, at a minimum, a pattern of reckless disregard for the truth in TMZ's reporting on Ms. Jackson and strongly suggests that TMZ is engaged in a malicious campaign to defame her."

Earlier this month, Janet and her siblings, Randy and Rebbie, also blamed Michael's estate for running smear campaign to make them look bad. These three were accused of kidnapping their mother Katherine Jackson.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00053155.html

Michael Jackson, remember, loved his mother, dad, and siblings, very, very much. They are the reason he had the career that you know of today. That much you know. You do not know much else in fact.

And sometimes you respect a person, not because of who they are but because of who you are - a respectful person.

Everyone knows what its like to have negative experiences with our own family members and to complain about it to others, but as soon as an outsider, even a complete stranger starts trashing that same family, its war.

Remember, when they got out of the car, they greeted one another. They will do so again and again. Like it or not. Respect is still key.

and besides,

Just because its in print does not make it the gospel so why are fans suddenly reacting and responding to everything that comes out as though it is exactly that - the gospel.

fascinating

Last edited:

SoS - been there, talked about that.

And if we are going to talk about respect, let us talk about how great it would be if some members of the Jackson family respected the will of Michael Jackson!

And furthermore, this whole notion of fans who are pro-estate and therefore anti-Jackson is really tiresome. I am pro-Michael Jackson. That's it. Finito. And if the estate does something that defames and dishonours Michael then I will be all up in their grill. But at this point it is the ACTIONS of the Jackson family that has got my hackles up. Their ACTIONS, not what they allegedly said or did. I am talking about the stuff that has come out of their mouths and the actions they have taken. I find those things reprehensible and indefensible, so if that makes me anti-Jackson, then so be it. Cause for me, right now being anti-Jackson means you are standing up for Michael Jackson and what he wanted for his legacy and for his children. End of.

Last edited:

:wacko:

I'm curious to see the scenes of the next chapters of this hot mess :timer: :fear: .... I want to see how far will this ridiculous fight. :doh: Money is a curse, always will be. *big sigh*

SOS....the family did not make Michael Jackson, Michael made Michael. with the talent he had he'd have been the biggest star in the world with or without J5.

I agree with thechosenone...I too am pro-MJ. and I will be against anyone doing Michael wrong, and right now that happens to be his family.

As for Janet thinking the media is trying to defame her, Rebbie and Randy lol thry did this to themselves. Everysingle person that has talked to me about everything that has happened over the last month (non MJ fans) have all thought the exact same thing, that they want Michael's money.

Cause for me, right now being anti-Jackson means you are standing up for Michael Jackson and what he wanted for his legacy and for his children. End of.

Are you referring to having his fans debating his authenticity of sound? Having divisions among them whom he reached across oceans and brought together in droves?

Its really nobody's business whether MJ's will is authentic or fake except the courts and all of those to whom it MAY CONCERN. Some billionaires consider themselves doing a great service to their offspring by leaving their children zilch intentionally, and so while it might be true that some fans are concerned to a great extent, its also not anyone's business so it wouldn't be the end of anybody's world (not anybody HERE) if MJ's will turned out to be written on coffee filter paper.

The Jacksons have not said to my knowledge (correct if wrong b/c I do not follow the Jackson's lives in enough detail to know what they say on a daily basis) they've not asserted that they are named in some other will or anything else like that that I've seen.

Its not as though there are two wills at odds or at stake here. To my understanding its not so much the will that is at question as the executors.

Families that are not famous are allowed to question such things without scrutiny and truth is, sometimes when a family member dies there come up things to revisit and sort out.

The Jacksons are also the first family of music in our era and they are not inexperienced enough to believe certain things regardless to what anyone's eyes behold in some tabloid so it would just be good if people would be a bit more fore-giving, is all I'm really saying and that fans must be above the actions of the general public, quick to defame and denounce. Some of the levels of negativity just as an energy - totally uncalled-for. el oh vee eee :heart:

Everybody cares about the same things at the end of the day or we wouldn't be here aand everybody can treat the Jacksons as they would like others to treat their own family.

Last edited:

Some of you are doing the very same thing to Janet that the media and some in the public did to Michael. It is cruel and not fair. I'm very certain Michael Jackson would not approve of the vicious ways some of you are attacking Michael's family including his mother and his sister who has had his back 200%. It's so sad to see MJ fans acting this way towards his family.

Please! It's not the same at all! We are MJ FANS not the MEDIA and Ms. "If You're Nasty" brought all of the attention on herself when she attacked the Kings daughter and his children! Janet has NEVER had MJ's back and I am a MICHAEL JACKSON fan not a janet or jackson family fan. PERIOD!!!

I don't think most people decided that the Jackson family is bad. For the last 3 years, we have seen them do questionable things regarding Michael and his kids. Some things you can try to maybe give the benefit of the doubt and reason but it gets harder when you think their choices are wrong and can't agree with them. I know Michael loved them and I respect that but there are a lot of things Michael if he was here would not be happy about. They don't have proof of anything because if they did they would have shown it a long time ago. They just tell the world what they think. They should keep it to themselves until they have some kind of actual proof. If they did fans would take at look at it and decide what to make of it.

Michael Jackson's love for his family was made very clear at every opportunity he had to speak about the topic, and his family was there with him day after day
during the trial INCLUDING JANET. She even endured one of the worse hits to her career creating the biggest stir in super bowl history while her brother was under the most unkind unfair scrutiny of his life, to deflect the attention off him perhaps?

Stepping away from the monitor can be helpful and taking a slow painstaking look in the mirror can be helpful or reviewing our own lives and also maybe these will help: http://www.youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVdK60FnNo

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhvns10Pfg

Last edited:

we can disagree and have our feelings whilst doing unto Michael as Michael might do unto us if the tables were turned, and he would be kind to our family members, I feel. We can do same.

I don't think most people decided that the Jackson family is bad. For the last 3 years, we have seen them do questionable things regarding Michael and his kids. Some things you can try to maybe give the benefit of the doubt and reason but it gets harder when you think their choices are wrong and can't agree with them. I know Michael loved them and I respect that but there are a lot of things Michael if he was here would not be happy about. They don't have proof of anything because if they did they would have shown it a long time ago. They just tell the world what they think. They should keep it to themselves until they have some kind of actual proof. If they did fans would take at look at it and decide what to make of it.

Last edited:

SoS - I did not take your post personally. And I have stepped away from this issue and looked in the mirror quite a bit (even said so earlier in this thread).

I will concede that sometimes we can go a bit overboard in our comments and we can become a bit hysterical and hyperbolic. But by and large we have had a spirited MEANINGFUL discussion of the actions of the Jackson family. But I guess what gets my goat is people talking about what Michael would have wanted and how we should behave as MJ fans WITHOUT adding in substantive way to the issues that have been discussed ad nauseum in this thread.

We can "be like Mike" and still call out those defame and dishonour him.

It is imho completely redundant and sadly naive to state that the family did not "make" Michael Jackson, that he "made" himself as though that statement in itself is new information for it is not.

His family gave him a context into which to grow and regardless to it all, his fans need to be showing more respect to his family because they are BLOOD. They deserve to be treated at least as good as every fan's own family would deserve to be treated by COMPLETE STRANGERS which fans here ARE, period....

...and who should really be so far removed from their own humanity that they forget these famous people are mere mortals just like them and have family members both close and distant who would probably like to be able to read a fan site without being offended by cruelty by people who claim to "love" their BLOOD relative "the most". If it were me all I'd be able to say is, yeah right. Treat mine like you'd want yours to be treated.

Last edited:

[QUOTE
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by elegantly wasted
the family did not make michael jackson, michael made michael. With the talent he had he'd have been the biggest star in the world with or without j5.][/QUOTE]

Yes that is 100% true

Here is a case in point of fan/s acting like THE MEDIA. I did not say his family made him. PAY ATTENTION:

I SAID:

They are the reason he had the career that you know of today.

Without the context of sharpening his talent into a marketable skill, there is no telling what might have become of that sensitive, talented boy from Gary. Someone with his set of uniqueness would need a miracle to survive such a place. He had one. His family.

And oh by the way, his brothers couldn't all be but so lazy and have but so much fun either being a PART OF the most successful R&B and youth group in history.

They sung background on a LOT of songs - and went on a LOT of tours as kids, something we can't fathom - they had to do a lot of shows and everything else - - none of which can we all fathom.

They did not lose their childhood to the degree MJ did but they did NOT have a normal childhood either. They all went through it together in a certain kind of way.

They all at the very least deserve not to be cursed, slandered and called out of their name

and deserve compassion if for no other reason than just how much they all originally did give, together.

Last edited:

^I'm sorry - I don't agree. Lots of child stars are pushed on the scene by stage parents, and while their success at that point may also depend on their parents' determination, many rarely make the transition into adult star. If they do, it has nothing to do with family or parents, but their own unique choices and circumstances.

Michael's success as an adult star surpassed anything he had achieved before. From around 18, he was his own man. He didn't depend on family or Joseph for business decisions or contacts. Look at where he took his career, and where his brothers' careers ended. That alone proves Michael's success as an adult star was his and his alone - his family had nothing to do with it.

And I loathe when people try to tell otherwise.

Michael's success as an adult star surpassed anything he had achieved before. From around 18, he was his own man. He didn't depend on family or Joseph for business decisions or contacts. Look at where he took his career, and where his brothers' careers ended. That alone proves Michael's success as an adult star was his and his alone - his family had nothing to do with it.

Rhilo is right the reason why michael was so successful was cuz of his own talent & hard wark ethics. Michael was his own man when it came to his carerr and thats what got fans to love & belive in him and as for hsi bros im sorry but they just dont have that IT factor like michael did

You who feel he would denounce his family over recent events reported in the news are wanting to remove Michael's foundation in order to justify your hatefulness

you can't because simply Michael loved his family and respected them

Michael's fans are looking at the end results (all the great sold out solo tours etc.), not the process of development beginning with the foundation layed for him which he acknowledged all the time.

Last edited:

Process? his brothers had the same 'foundation' and underwent the same 'process', but why wasn't their outcome the same? Right lol.

Anyhow this thread is about the grandma napping and subsequent activities. I don't see how any of this is related to that. And it doesn't excuse the actions of Michael's siblings; their pathetic attempt to remove the executors MICHAEL CHOSE and their complete diregard for his final wishes.

Yes, let us get back on track with the topic at hand.

It becomes tiresome when certain fans berate fans who do not condone ALL Jackson behaviors as it relates to Michael Jackson and his legacy. Maybe we should have a thread on "Why I agree with ALL Jackson decisions/behaviors relating to Michael" or "Why the Jacksons decisions/behaviors related to Michael Jackson are not my business." Then, we could leave this thread and others like it to continue to discuss the specific topic of the thread and the documents relating to the topic, without being told we are acting against Michael wishes.

MOD NOTE
Ok Lets all get back on topic now. Please discuss the topic not each other .
any futher OFF TOPIC posts from either side of this issue will be deleted without Notice.
I dont want to have to clean this thread to stop the replies so your cooperation is appreciated.

agcthankyou34.gif

MOD NOTE
Ok Lets all get back on topic now. Please discuss the topic not each other .
any futher OFF TOPIC posts from either side of this issue will be deleted without Notice.
I dont want to have to clean this thread to stop the replies so your cooperation is appreciated.

agcthankyou34.gif

Thank you. Can the happy dance person moonwalk?

^I'm sorry - I don't agree. Lots of child stars are pushed on the scene by stage parents, and while their success at that point may also depend on their parents' determination, many rarely make the transition into adult star. If they do, it has nothing to do with family or parents, but their own unique choices and circumstances.

And I loathe when people try to tell otherwise.

I totally agree with you, Michael was a great human being and a superb artist in spite of all the bad things that happened to him, he loved his family, but sometimes they act completely wrong!

Katherine should have so much money in the bank after all she's been given over the years, it's her own fault that she hands it out to her cubs instead.

The cubs should also have lots of money saved and invested after all they have been given but why save and invest when all they had to do is get more from Michael.

Back