Michael's most surprising setlist choices and omissions

I liked it in the rehearsals but I saw too much room for error in the routine to perform it every night of a tour. It would of been great as a one off on an award show as he intended for the Soul Train Awards in 1993. I think he probably saw it the same.

The same case could be said about Working Day And Night.

Room for error? What about the other dance routines? There's plenty of room for error everywhere.

Thriller at Victory Tour! Beat it was performed without choreography..So it's normal that thriller is not included in the set list.
Heartbreak Hotel was a pretty song to see, I wish that he performed this song at the first leg of Dangerous Tour.

Victory Tour- Baby Be Mine and PYT

Bad Tour- I would have like to seen him remove Human Nature for Liberian Girl and add Leave Me Alone

Dangerous Tour- Who Is It in place of Workin Day

HIStory Tour- Return MITM in place of Heal The World add Tabloid Junkie & 2 Bad

This Is It- There isn't anything Id want to change it looked like it was going to have a killer set

I thought of a couple others.

HIStory or This Is It- On The Line would have been something fantastic live....kinda like Man In The Mirror. MJ with a live choir is always fantastic.

Also for This Is It, We've Had Enough. I think it would have been better then Earth Song. ES is a good song, but MJ overdid it. I would have liked to seen him do something different. We've Had Enough would have been interesting live.

I thought of a couple others.

HIStory or This Is It- On The Line would have been something fantastic live....kinda like Man In The Mirror. MJ with a live choir is always fantastic.

Also for This Is It, We've Had Enough. I think it would have been better then Earth Song. ES is a good song, but MJ overdid it. I would have liked to seen him do something different. We've Had Enough would have been interesting live.

Why would he do unreleased tracks when singles such as Who Is It, Give In To Me, Remember The Time, etc never got a look in?

For the 30th anniversary concerts in 2001 I'm surprised that Michael didn't perform Dangerous.

Why would he do unreleased tracks when singles such as Who Is It, Give In To Me, Remember The Time, etc never got a look in?

Umm.....OTL and WHE were released on The Ultimate Collection, thus they aren't unreleased tracks. I agree that songs like WII, GITM and RTT should have been performed live. Add those to the mix too. :D

Umm.....OTL and WHE were released on The Ultimate Collection, thus they aren't unreleased tracks. I agree that songs like WII, GITM and RTT should have been performed live. Add those to the mix too. :D

I meant unperformed tracks.

For the 30th anniversary concerts in 2001 I'm surprised that Michael didn't perform Dangerous.

Same!

They had to fit a ton in for that concert though. With the Jacksons + MJ solo + everyone else...some of the usual songs couldn't have made it in.

And straight up, the Thriller/Threatened mash up on This Is It was tiiiiiight!!!! I loved it.

^^one of the absolute high points in TII

I wonder why he didn't perform State Of Shock on the Victory tour or Torture. That was a bit odd that they didn't include a single song from that album on that tour.

I'll never understand it either but I think I heard from Joe Michael planned to included Be Not Always but he ended not doing because he got too emotional with the song.

Songs from the Victory album weren't included during the tour because of the on going feud the brothers had. They couldn't agree on what songs to choose from the album, so they just ignored it.

This is It - Threatened. I had absolutely no idea that was coming and nearly jumped out of my seat in the Cinema. Incredibly cool thing to see.

This, absolutely. Threatened is one of my ultimate MOST favorite songs of his, and even though watching TII is super-hard, it made me squeal in the theater between all the crying.

I'll never understand it either but I think I heard from Joe Michael planned to included Be Not Always but he ended not doing because he got too emotional with the song.

I don't blame him - that song nearly always makes me sad. In my opinion it was probably his most intimate ballad.

Couldn't believe he performed only 4 songs from Dangerous on the DWT!

So many more to choose from like WII, GITM, RTT, WYWTOM, ITC...

5 songs. He performed Dangerous during the 1993 leg of the tour

Couldn't believe he performed only 4 songs from Dangerous on the DWT!

So many more to choose from like WII, GITM, RTT, WYWTOM, ITC...

I agree. It is really sad when he must have rehearsed some of them.

Last edited:
Not performing 'Off The Wall' for the return leg in Tokyo 88'

Im still shocked he never performed Speed Demon

Back