Michael's Spanish and French singing

He sound very sweet on Spanish and....SEXY :yes: :D his pronunciation on JCSLY version was good,a bit latino, i guess because Ruben Blades is from Panama but ok.However the lirycks ...
Here is the translation to English of the Spanish version and you'll understand what i mean

All my love is you

Like the breeze
Your voice caress me
And I wonder where you are
When dawn's breaking
Your love appears
And it makes me happy
You know me well
And you know as well
That nobody will love you like I do
You make me feel
Living wishes
By your side forever
Your love is my luck
Your voice calls me
You are who win
In my heart
Because you've given to me
Something sacred
With your passion
You know me well
And you know as well
That I can't live without your love
And when you aren't here
There is no happiness
My life ain't life
If you leave
All my love is you
All my love is you
When you aren't here
There are not anyone who gives me
What you give to me
Cause all my love is you
Night of stars
Make her loves me
As I love to her
On the dawn
Come that I wait you
All my love
I'm young I know
But I feel that
I love you and I live just for you
You know me well
And you know as well
That I can't live
Without you my love
All my love is you, ohh
All my love is you
When you aren't here
There's not anyone who give me what you give to me
Cause all my love is you
We'll change the world tomorrow
We will sing over what happened
And we will tell to the sadness
It's my life and
All my love is you (now baby, oh)
All my love is you(and if I stop)
When you aren't here
There's not anyone who give what you give to me
All my love is you

^ The French version has the same problem but I also think it looks a bit more... clumsy because we tend to compare the lyrics to the original version, the one we are familiar with. But still it seems like they focused too much on making the words rhyme rather than convey the meaning of the song.

If you translate the French lyrics back to English, you get something like this:

I close my eyes
I feel feverish
Without you I'm cold
I'd like to call you
I'd like to say just you, just you

What I feel, no one understands
I feel so good loving you
For the first time
I know that it's you
I need to dream (?)
I'm going to take you away

The summer will end
Near the campfire
We will make love
Snuggled up against you
I will tell you softly
"You drive me crazy"
What I feel, no one understands
I feel so good close to you
I'm losing my pride
I don't want to cheat anymore
The truth for me
Is life with you

I don't want us to end
I don't want us to end
And if it stops
I think I would go crazy
I don't want us to end

And dancing all winter
Without you it's hell
Don't go
And not being able to hold you
I shudder to think about it
Giving you all
The women before you
don't even count
I forgot your whole past
The earth may shake
War may break out
I can bear everything
Listen to me, my love

I don't want us to end
I don't want us to end
And if it stops
I think I would go crazy
I don't want us to end

Our love will shine in this world
It really brought me everything
Give me your body and your mind
To tell you love, always, I want to keep you!

I don't want us to end
I don't want us to end
And if it stops
I think I would go crazy
I don't want us to end

It's actually not that bad now that I read it back. Perhaps English just has a bit more license to be cheesy since we are used to it :cheeky:

Last edited:
Reading the literal translations is funny. He's singing them with the same passion that he sings the real thing so no difference in the feeling of the song at all. They're beautiful.

"All my love is you" and "I don't want us to end" replacing "I just can't stop loving you". Close in meaning. And it sounds good. :)

I'm french and the french lyrics are terrible. The title is a sentence no one would ever use in real life. I don't know where Christine Decroix (now that sounds french !) got the inspiration...

Regarding the prununciation in the french version, I believe Michael was poorly coached on this one, just like the lyrics were poorly written. He was certainly capable of doing a bit better. It's bad to the point I understand the spanish version better than the french version (and spanish is my third language after french and english). Also, the many edits you can hear between each verse shows this version was not easy to record. Probably french language doesn't fit well with Michael's smooth vocal style, in the same way I can't imagine him singing in german.

I talked to a Spanish-English translator about these lyrics a while ago, some parts are missing, but this is how she interpreted the song:

"I feel your voice, like the morning breeze and I wonder where you are
At dawn your love appears and brings me happiness,
you know me so well and you know that no one will ever love you like I do,
you make me want to live with you forever

When you're not around, there's no happiness, my life isn't worth living if you're not with me
All my love is you
When you're not here, nobody can give what you give, for all my love is you
Starry night, please make her love me the way I love her
Come to me at midnight, all my love is waiting for you
I know I'm young, but I feel like I'm in love with you and I only live for you"

I quite liked how that sounds, it's a bit more coherent and less google-translate-ish than other translations I've read so far.

And thanks for that French translation Linda :) I think in comparison Ruben's lyrics were a lot closes to the original song. I liked the part in the French version where they made love near the campfire tho :shifty: lol!

He sound very sweet on Spanish and....SEXY :yes:
Agreed!:stars:

lp_zep;4147499 said:
I'm french and the french lyrics are terrible. The title is a sentence no one would ever use in real life. I don't know where Christine Decroix (now that sounds french !) got the inspiration...

Regarding the prununciation in the french version, I believe Michael was poorly coached on this one, just like the lyrics were poorly written. He was certainly capable of doing a bit better. It's bad to the point I understand the spanish version better than the french version (and spanish is my third language after french and english). Also, the many edits you can hear between each verse shows this version was not easy to record. Probably french language doesn't fit well with Michael's smooth vocal style, in the same way I can't imagine him singing in german.

That's a bit harsh. I don't think his pronunciation was bad at all and I had no trouble understanding him. Then again, I'm used to people speaking French in foreign accents so maybe that helps. But his accent was certainly much better than you would expect from someone with hardly any training in the language.

I agree though that the lyrics were poorly written. They look better when you translate them back to English but like I said, it's all a bit clumsy and without meaning. And sentences like "j'ai besoin de rêver" are just bizarre in this context.

But still I would have loved to hear Michael sing more songs in French :blush:

Back