Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

Re: What's the next "holy grail" of unreleased MJ songs?

"Necrobumping"?? What a word. LMAO

On the other forums (and not just the MJ forums, either), necrobumping was downright frowned upon, because what's the point of reviving old threads from many months ago when you could make a new thread more people would notice and come to?

Re: What's the next "holy grail" of unreleased MJ songs?

On the other forums (and not just the MJ forums, either), necrobumping was downright frowned upon, because what's the point of reviving old threads from many months ago when you could make a new thread more people would notice and come to?

From MJJC Posting Guidelines:

"Read and Search.

Read the forum descriptions before you post so you know where to post. Make your thread titles as descriptive as possible. Tag all new threads that you create with keywords so they are easily found in our search engine. Also, please make sure you search the forum before creating a new thread topic. MJJC has been around for a very long time and it is possible your topic has already been created/discussed.

We cannot stress this enough: make sure to search and check to see if your topic has already been created. We do not wish to have MJJC social media flooded with the same news stories and discussion topics over and over again, or with topics that we might consider to be "fluff" topics, with very little substance, intellectual value, or professionalism attached to them."

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/121356-MJJCommunity-Board-Rules-and-Posting-Guidelines

^^^^

I do understand this rule. But now MJ's been dead for 10 years there are not that many news anymore. So I don't really think it is as big as a problem anymore.
Still the rule is there, so naturally it should be followed. But rules can change if it makes sense. Once it was not allowed to post pictures of MJ's children.

^^^^

I do understand this rule. But now MJ's been dead for 10 years there are not that many news anymore. So I don't really think it is as big as a problem anymore.
Still the rule is there, so naturally it should be followed. But rules can change if it makes sense. Once it was not allowed to post pictures of MJ's children.

It doesn't make sense to change the rule. It's a lot more useful to have things contained within one thread so everyone can easily find all of the information and points of view already available, see how things have changed over time, and provide relevant updates going forward. Having things scattered all over the place means more work for everyone.

It doesn't make sense to change the rule. It's a lot more useful to have things contained within one thread so everyone can easily find all of the information and points of view already available, see how things have changed over time, and provide relevant updates going forward. Having things scattered all over the place means more work for everyone.

I suppose that makes sense.

I see a few people mentioning the will.i.am tracks. I'm sure that will.i.am himself stated that all he has in his possession, are the instrumentals. When The Estate (a.k.a. John Branca) said that the songs don't exist, it was my understanding that he meant the vocals - or at least substantial vocals; vocals that would have to actually be in their possession, for them to work with.

From a personal point of view, I am only interested in tracks that have MJ's vocals and I need something more than just a chorus. "Almost finished" songs is where it's at, for me.

:)

I see a few people mentioning the will.i.am tracks. I'm sure that will.i.am himself stated that all he has in his possession, are the instrumentals. When The Estate (a.k.a. John Branca) said that the songs don't exist, it was my understanding that he meant the vocals - or at least substantial vocals; vocals that would have to actually be in their possession, for them to work with.

From a personal point of view, I am only interested in tracks that have MJ's vocals and I need something more than just a chorus. "Almost finished" songs is where it's at, for me.

But the question remains, just how many unreleased tracks are "near completion"? Is it 20? 30? 40-50? Because, considering Michael's stance on leaving songs alone for years on end (with some even remaining on the shelf by the time of his death, like "Beautiful Girl" and "Ghost of Another Lover", for instance), he most likely doesn't have over 100 finished tracks.

That can't be right, because he tried to release "I'm Dreamin'" on his album in 2013, but the Estate shut him down.

Re: List of Michael's Unreleased Material

I think AlwaysThere sort of gave up a quarter of the way through.

Haha, I was doing a ground-up reworking of it and sort of forgot!

I'll try to have something up soon:)

Weird that the estate allowed breaking news et al but wouldn't allow I'm dreaming on wills album.

Weird that the estate allowed breaking news et al but wouldn't allow I'm dreaming on wills album.

I think it's because Will refused to let the Estate use his tracks on Michael, publicly slammed them several times for finishing and releasing Michael's unreleased music without his guidance, and then hypocritically tried to do the exact same thing.

That's because the Estate are a bunch of money-hungry bastards who put profits before MJ's artistic integrity.

I think it's because Will refused to let the Estate use his tracks on Michael, publicly slammed them several times for finishing and releasing Michael's unreleased music without his guidance, and then hypocritically tried to do the exact same thing.

THIS.

That's because the Estate are a bunch of money-hungry bastards who put profits before MJ's artistic integrity.

Not this.

There is not a "bunch" of people. There are two executors and their job is see the Estate through probate - generate income, settle claims, pay out debts, distribute assets, provide for the beneficiaries. will.i.am does not have the right to use MJ's work without the permission of the Estate and they didn't give it. Simple.

Why would the Estate choose not to release any of the Will.i.am tracks at a time when he was still a commercial powerhouse (i.e., 2010 to 2013)? Those songs had massive value at the time; they didn't come out because Will regularly refused to sign off on them. And if the Estate can't use them, why on Earth should Will be allowed to?

I want to hear the Will.i.am tracks as much as the rest of us, but his conduct over them has been aggravating as hell.

I am at the point that I doubt we will ever get to hear the Will.I.Am tracks, at least not in our lifetime.

Question: At some point, will Michael's children be able to take control over this kind of stuff?

Also, if Paris is doing her thing releasing an album, one would think we could get a duet with her and Michael on something unreleased. Think of Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole.

My opinion is that the will.i.am tracks are either not finished enough vocally or the tracks simply aren’t good enough. Who knows? We need more info on these songs.

Don't think the kids will even want to take over tbh. They have their own lives.

while michael kids have lives on their own. i still feel michael should still be part of their lives. for example Prince is keeping his father legacy alive while doing a organization to help people etc.

i praise prince for that. he haven't forgot who his father is and know he's innocent.

Don't think the kids will even want to take over tbh. They have their own lives.

I agree. Paris and Prince seem to be forging their own paths, so I can't imagine them wanting to drop everything to run the Estate.

Honestly, weird as this may be, I'd love to see Michael Prince, Brad Buxer, Matt Forger, and/or Brad Sundberg take over.

AmitLal92;4308857 said:
My opinion is that the will.i.am tracks are either not finished enough vocally or the tracks simply aren’t good enough. Who knows? We need more info on these songs.

Considering the quality of the work Will did on Thriller 25, I will go with they are not good enough for release. That’s a shame Will worked on the greatest album of all time.

Smooth72;4308881 said:
That’s a shame Will worked on the greatest album of all time.

Best selling album don´t mean greatest album....

AlwaysThere;4308848 said:
Why would the Estate choose not to release any of the Will.i.am tracks at a time when he was still a commercial powerhouse (i.e., 2010 to 2013)?

There was no point for the Estate to release these will.i.am songs even in that period (2010-2013) because if they did that, then they had to fill Michael Jackson's many missing vocal parts with other artists’ voices, and as a result, Michael Jackson would have sounded like a featured or a guest artist on his own songs.

That would be an embarrassing situation for both the Estate and Michael Jackson’s legacy.

Derek1984;4308855 said:
I am at the point that I doubt we will ever get to hear the Will.I.Am tracks, at least not in our lifetime.

will.i.am is pretty adamant that he is not going to release them.

As he stated, without Michael Jackson guiding it, he has no right to finish them and then to release them.

I do not have lofty expectations for these songs to be good enough, because Michael Jackson felt unexcited about them, so he left them unfinished and then he turned to other producers for producing new, better songs for him.

mj_frenzy;4308905 said:
There was no point for the Estate to release these will.i.am songs even in that period (2010-2013) because if they did that, then they had to fill Michael Jackson's many missing vocal parts with other artists’ voices, and as a result, Michael Jackson would have sounded like a featured or a guest artist on his own songs.

That would be an embarrassing situation for both the Estate and Michael Jackson’s legacy.

will.i.am is pretty adamant that he is not going to release them.

As he stated, without Michael Jackson guiding it, he has no right to finish them and then to release them.

I do not have lofty expectations for these songs to be good enough, because Michael Jackson felt unexcited about them, so he left them unfinished and then he turned to other producers for producing new, better songs for him.

Pretty adamant until it came to trying to release one of them on his own album.

lubyss;4308900 said:
Best selling album don´t mean greatest album....

Sorry, you are right. I should have choose different words.

mj_frenzy;4308905 said:

That depends on who you believe. Prior to MJ’s death, Will said they finished two songs together, but since then he’s been very inconsistent. Branca said they basically don’t exist, but I’m not inclined to believe him seeing that he (and Karen Langford) also claim that there’s nothing finished left in the vault, which we all KNOW is an outright lie.

Also, for the thousandth time, Michael’s opinion on a song very rarely has anything to do with its state of completion. There are countless titles that were never finished yet stayed on his radar for years (e.g., Hollywood Tonight, Shut Up and Dance, Days in Gloucestershire, Changes, Beautiful Girl, Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round), and there are countless others that were given full vocals yet never came up in conversation again (e.g., Slave to the Rhythm, Loving You, If You Don’t Love Me, Crack Kills, Buffalo Bill).

AlwaysThere;4308945 said:
That depends on who you believe. Prior to MJ’s death, Will said they finished two songs together, but since then he’s been very inconsistent. Branca said they basically don’t exist, but I’m not inclined to believe him seeing that he (and Karen Langford) also claim that there’s nothing finished left in the vault, which we all KNOW is an outright lie.

Also, for the thousandth time, Michael’s opinion on a song very rarely has anything to do with its state of completion. There are countless titles that were never finished yet stayed on his radar for years (e.g., Hollywood Tonight, Shut Up and Dance, Days in Gloucestershire, Changes, Beautiful Girl, Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round), and there are countless others that were given full vocals yet never came up in conversation again (e.g., Slave to the Rhythm, Loving You, If You Don’t Love Me, Crack Kills, Buffalo Bill).

will.i.am stated some time ago that all these songs (that they together worked on) were not perfected in the way someone like Michael Jackson wanted them to be perfected.

This means that all of them are unfinished, and he went on to repeat also (in the same interview) that he is not going to finish them and then to release them.

This recent will.i.am’s statement confirms what John Branca said about that (that even these two “finished” songs do not basically exist).

Back